Page 36 of 142 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738414686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Rooftop
    ??? - Morning

My body weathers the blizzard much worse for the wear—gashes everywhere as the attack tears through my Harmonizer with ease. Not that this isn’t an uncommon occurrence against Ice based spells, but the fact nothing’s working…

It’s not like we have a lot to work with… Just don’t take another hit and hope for the best. Distract her, defend, I don’t care.

You already did a number on me, and figuring out how to get everything working just right is a real pain in the ass now. But I’ll get it done.

I got it…

Aster’s lecturing is always worry concealed behind unconditional support. Even though the plan we have prepared is just as reckless, she’ll let me do it anyway. But she’s right, in that I need to buy time, and that taking another hit would be problematic.

Despite all this… Tsukiko is still clearly preparing something. And even though I would like a breather, I still have to force an opportunity for both her and myself to get something accomplished. But without spells…

No, there’s a clear solution.

It’s a swift movement, but Maken sails from my hands, the blade a makeshift projectile. It might not be a particularly good distraction, but it’s the best I’ve got…!

-----

Auto-Skill: Double Lion (Physical strikes hit twice)
    Casted: Aura Shield (Prepared)
    Aster Action: Optimize
    Heat: 5/6 -> 6/6
    Spells: Galeforce, Excalibur, Light Brand, Glimmer, Garu line, Aura Shield, Phantasm Step, Return
    Last edited by Katie; February 11th, 2020 at 05:15 PM.

Amamiya Sho
    Aoyama Gakuen - Gymnasium
    ??? - Morning

"You don't need running to get around." I shrugged, somehow fending off Ibaraki-sensei's cleverly aimed 'jab'. "You shouldn't look down on me for being slow, when it comes to errands my skills are ranked B+ or above. So, in fact, this job is right up my alley."

During my time alone I've acquired a fair amount of shopping combat experience. Fighting against the 'top dogs' over items on discount is a hell of its own. It requires cunning, strength and perseverance. Oh, how many times have I failed to get my hands on that one ben-to...? That's right, this teacher has no idea what I have been through. In comparison, delivering this package should be child's play.

... Or at least that's what I'd have claimed if there wasn't something clearly wrong with this request.

"Oi... Is it really alright for me to take this assignment on my own...?"

It's a natural question, and it has nothing to do with my aptitude to complete the mission successfully. But while Ibaraki-sensei isn't giving the package much thought, it sounds like its contents are actually pretty important. I mean, if it's Nakamura Megumi's team, these blueprints can't belong to some random coffee machine or whatever. I dunno, I guess it just doesn't feel like the kind of thing you'd randomly post in a Tamer's Mission Board. You are being way too carefree about this-!

"Nevermind." Granted, when one really needs the money, one can't afford the luxury of questioning the nature of one's orders. "Just hand it over and I'll make sure it gets delivered."

Then, almost as an afterthought, I add:

"And there is nothing to worry about. If Ibaraki Sensei's trademark flying kick couldn't reach me, what makes you think fire will...?"

Hah, I am just playing at this point...
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Depths of a Dream
    ??? - Night

The land splits, forming a clear divide between the mundane and the supernatural. The very air changes and becomes heavy, as if to signify the hardships ahead. Where one youthful prodigy continues without issue, another needs to make the conscious choice of stepping into the realm of the divine.

A place where Ludwig does not belong.

But nevertheless he must forge on.

Even if this is simply a dream, ready to fade away when the dreamer awakens, in this moment it is as real as reality. The humans whose energy was stolen, the Gods who feed of their helpless victims, a legend in the making approaching a battle of fate. All of these are real, and any of these on their own would be enough to fuel Ludwig's motivation.

And so, he enters the domain of a God, weakened it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pupper
    "Humans. Leave this place."
    Unfazed, the legendary and youthful aunt stands in defiance, going as far as to taunt the divine beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Adala
    "...Wow, you really are quite the big dog."
    She's a lot more arrogant in her youth...

Lydia... you are awake aren't you?

Guilty as charged! Can't let Adala-chan have you all to herself now can I?

......What's the chance that's actually Loki in disguise?

He does love to transform in the myths doesn't he~?

You seem excited...

You're fighting Gods Lud, you should smile as well. How far you've come, why it brings tears of pride to my eyes! Making me cry like this, oh how cruel!

While the sister COMP continues her happy antics, Ludwig puts his full attention to the Wolf God. The time for bantering internally is over, and while his aunt banters externally without fear, Ludwig opts instead to learn more of the deity before them.

"Fenrir. Your presence here can be overlooked. Cease tormenting the people, if you wish to retain your fleeting life."

Warriors throughout the ages have understood the value of conversation, knowing your enemy has decided many battle before any attack was launched. Granted this is no real way to start a normal conversation, but then again...

"There are other ways to gather spiritual power to sustain yourself."

...Is it even possible to converse normally with a God?

Arrogant gods, like powerful demons, most likely enjoy to talk, or rather to be heard. Extending this much is a courtesy, as well as a way of learning more about one of many divinities.

Of course, many exceptions exist. And, with a mocking divinity by his side, Ludwig accepts that there is no guarantee the colossal lone wolf will entertain a conversation with 'humans'.

Thus, Ludwig steels himself, and attempts to the enter the mind of the celestial wolf.

If the beast sees fit to attack... then it will receive no mercy.

The God shall be forced to realize that even mere humans can stand against the Almighty.

And utilise it's power.

Wise Up!

Spells:
    Megido line, Psi line, Aura Blast, Baisudi, Flash Step, Peace of Mind, Unity's Embrace

Limited Receptor (ESPer Trait - Telepathy):
    Focus ESP on a target. From the next turn on, the character will get increased information on their emotional state of being, as well as potential glimpses at their stronger thoughts. Can only be used on one target at a time, and is broken if the target escapes from the character's line of sight.
    Last edited by Zurvan; February 23rd, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Xanadu Laboratories ~ Aoyama
    ??? - Noon

---Compared to the endless noise of the Tamer Academy, the interior of the legendary "Xanadu Laboratories" was so quiet that the sound of your footsteps was almost deafening in their weight.

A magitech company that had been established right at the start of the Magic Age, jointly owned by a certain "Nakamura Megumi" and "Claire Mongeau." As a company, it was allied with all Major Tamer Organizations, shipped many of it's wares to LOVELESS, and was the absolute forerunner of magic technology in the current era, responsible for legendary innovations like the "Harmonizer Towers" the "Spirit Pulse Network" (the main terminal of which was in another part of the company buildings) and even seemed to be getting into the more complex area of space technology, as evidenced by their announcement of the "Heaven's Pillar" project earlier this year, which is supposed to be an orbital elevator that would make travel to and from the planet much easier than it was now, potentially allowing the colonization of other planets in the coming decades.

It's something that's a bit far off even for the modern humanity, but a project that shows the company's motto of keeping their eyes on the future, and indeed...

---It's quiet in here, and the professional air that exudes from everything is almost painful...

The trip here had been made without incident, it is not like anyone knew that you were carrying a stack of potentially important documents, so the odds of being accosted by anyone on the way here had been astronomically low, so low that it was more or less guaranteed to not happen, which was a good thing in some ways, a bit unexciting perhaps, but an accomplishment that means your task was more or less complete already...

All you had to do...

Was find the office of Claire Mongeau herself, the only one of the two heads of the organization that seemed to be in right now, and the one that Ibaraki Sensei had pointed you towards; a quick question with the -also painfully professional- receptionist ends with a few clicks on a keyboard, the unlocking -of what sounds like nine- blast doors, and the words that you "are expected," and that "Ms. Mongeau's labs are down the hall and towards the left."

So even that conversation goes suspiciously well...

Or perhaps...

Nothing bad is going to happen to you today at all?

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

An end to the curse that seems to plague your life, even so...

It all comes across as going suspiciously well, too well, considering the implications of your teacher that the person she had sent you to might set you on fire for disturbing her, but...

Eventually, you reach the lab in question, or rather, the wing in question of the building...

Yes.

As one of the CEOs, it isn't particularly surprising to find that this Claire woman has an entire building to herself when it comes to her workshop, and thus, bracing yourself for the worst, you do as your teacher had asked you to do and knock on the door, loudly and with purpose.

---Instead of answering however, the door simply comes open upon contact with it.

It does so casually, without so much as a squeak, the well-maintained construct simply swinging inwards at the touch as if it was only natural for it to do so, and the inside...

Yes...

What is revealed to your eyes...

Is a darker room, and stairs leading down to some sort of underground destination...

No one answers when you call out again, so...

Did they just expect you to head inside?

You had been told that you were "expected," so it was fine right?

---There's something creepy about it, but that's the sort of logic that eventually gets you to take a step inside of the place, for the sake of getting this particular mission over with if nothing else, and as you go down to the very bottom, expecting to find some sort of brilliantly lit lab helmed by a genius scientist, you instead find...

---Something that seems like the lair of a mad scientist.

It's a single, massive room lined with shelves on all sides, shelves that are themselves filled with bottles of impossible-to-determine-from-a-distance contents, along with table after table after table of notes, beakers, scattered motherboards, tools, and even what seem to be various weapons, such as swords, spears, and even a gun or too... There is also magical energy induced lightning streaking around near the ceiling constantly for some reason, the force never seeming to gather in any place in particular for too long, although the arcs always seem to eventually travel through a massive hole in the ceiling, up into a darkness that you can't see through, at least not from here, and perhaps, when you hear the sound of something like laughing coming out from that darkness...

...Perhaps you don't want to.

Yes.

You're not sure what the purpose of this place is, but it's clearly the dimly lit abode of a crazy person, so perhaps it would be for the best to wait outside, but before you can follow any newfound decision to retreat while you still can-

"Oh, I thought I heard someone messing around in here."

-the appearance of a voice, appearing suddenly, without any warning at all, puts your body into high alert-!

It's almost enough to make you jump, but training as a Tamer keeps that from becoming a reality, still-!

You had been straining your senses hard in an attempt to figure out what was going on, not being able to sense her approach even then...

Is a bit strange, still-!

"You're Ibaraki's kid right? The registered Slime User Amamiya Sho?"

...Not quite as strange as her bothering to remember your name, or rather...

The information she seemed to associate with that name...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Ship Exterior)
    ??? - Evening

---The only true sound was that of water, washing up ever so gently on the shores.

While the morning had been filled with chores of a different sort, the start of the afternoon had been the start of a different task for you, one assigned to you by Chris, and sent over through a message from History.

---It's contents?

Simply to watch over a certain airship at a certain lake in a certain part of town...

Of course, such a request comes across as inherently fantastical, when did she find the time -or the energy- to locate a broken down airship? And if she had had the time to find one, why had no one come to you to show it off too?!

It's a mark of the world being unfair in some ways, still...

Obediently doing as you were told -apparently some sort of incident had happened elsewhere, thus someone needed to watch over the ship until the usual pickup crew could arrive- you had arrived at the scene to find it relatively uneventful... The sight of the ship dragged up on the shore had certainly caught more than a few eyes, but considering this was Aoyama, a town with a history of frequent interactions with the bizarre and the strange, it is something that ranks relatively low on the usual citizen's "interest rating," something that they see, look to see that a Tamer is nearby to handle, and then move on with their day...

Yes.

Relatively uneventful...

The door had been closed when you had arrived, and not knowing the password, you had been unable to enter into the cockpit... Still, there had been the broken open hatch to examine, although the interiors of the ship had looked recently searched themselves, thus...

You had spent some time in the ship at first, but had ultimately come out of it to sit beneath the railings, decided that it was easiest to watch over the ship if you could see others approach, even so...

---It is a mundane task.

One that lacks excitement in a number of ways, becomes numbing as the sun starts to set, and that sense of inevitable boredom and distraction leads to-!

"Daisukeeeeee-!"

The voice and appearance of someone familiar, sitting on the railing above your head-!

It's Lexie.

Sitting with legs crossed on the railing above, dressed in the usual shorts and a hoodie, she waves enthusiastically at you from above, before letting go of her grip on the bars, swinging down beneath it by her legs, and...

Spinning to a stylish landing right in front of you!

"Finally found you-! You being good out here, all alone on guard duty?"

Leaning forward slightly, and with one eye closed...

It seems she's come here to check up on you for some reason...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Moon Under Water ~ Island
    World Designation: [Ragnarok Retrieval Committee]
    ??? ~ ???

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aesop
    "Go ahead and order what you want, it'll all go on my tab."
    "Ah, thank you..." Cosmos replied, taking a menu for herself before passing one to Sariel and began looking at it.

Cosmos frowned.

While the menu seems to have just about anything, this fact only makes her suffer what is commonly known as decision paralysis: the inability to make a choice when there are too many options to choose from. Her ears perked up when Alyx mentioned 27 kinds of juice - she loves juice! - but then she remembered the nausea not too long ago, and maybe she should drink something hot like tea instead. But if the discussion is long, then the tea will get cold...

'Illia... what should I have for breakfast?' Out of habit, Cosmos turned to her COMP for guidance as usual when she's lost, before she remembers that Illia has been giving her a silent treatment streak lately. Illia, for her part, make some mumbling noises - a sign of her habit of monologues to debate with herself - before the tamer let out a sigh of defeat. 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked-'

'No!' Illia interrupted suddenly; thankfully she only flinched a little from the surprise shouting of her COMP. 'I... it's okay to ask, Cosmos. I'm your COMP, so it makes me happy to be relied on. It's just... goodness, this is hard...'

Cosmos tapped her fingers in thought before finally deciding to have some answers. 'I think it's time for you to tell me what's been bothering you. Why the silent treatment lately?' She asked, while besides her Sariel is flipping through the menu at incredible speed. 'You've been acting weird since I had that dream in the hospital. There must be a reason, right?'

There was silence for a few moments before she could hear her COMP sighing. 'I just want you to be more independent.'

Cosmos blinked, not expecting that answer; even the appearance of a second Aesop - her twin, perhaps? - didn't really faze her right now. Thankfully the second Aesop talked to the first first, so she has more time to talk with Illia for now. 'I suppose I could understand, but... why?'

'It's... just in case you have to make a decision without me. Like in that strange dream, for example.' Illia answered after a pause. 'I'm not with you in that dream, even though it's obviously important. So I'm trying to make you ready for such instances.' Her COMP sighed. 'In retrospect, I should have told you. My aim was to make it as realistic as possible, but it seems I only hurt you in the process. I...' Illia's voice cracked. 'I'm really, really sorry Cosmos...'

'Apology accepted.' She replied instantly, even as Sariel raised her hand to flag a waiter while the second Aesop seems to imply that the first is someone who can change her form at will. 'And no need to feel so guilty! You did it for my sake after all, so you've done nothing wrong. In fact, I thought I had done something wrong for you to act that way... just promise me that the next time you have ideas like this, you'll discuss it with me first, okay?'

'...Okay.' Illia agreed, and for Cosmos, that was that; she doesn't really get why Illia sound so hang-up and distressed over revealing this to her, as the COMP must have known that she'd never get angry over something like this, but she suppose that's just how Illia is.

As Sariel winked at her by ordering a papaya juice and french fries while Alyx starts her own order, Cosmos decided to bring them back to the original topic. 'So, any suggestions for breakfast?'

'Just the food, right? You must have decided to order tea because Sariel conveniently ordered a juice.'

'You know me so well! How about it, at least I have decided on the drink myself! I'm already growing on making independent decisions, right?'

'Right, right.' Illia replied fondly, and unlike when Alyx said it, it sounds genuine rather than sarcastic. 'How about something modest like a sandwich? It's a fine balance for breakfast, and the portion is perfect so you can order something else for dessert. Like cake.'

'Alright!' She affirmed - not even bothering to consider or look for other alternatives - before facing the waiter. 'Um, one tuna melt sandwich, one hot tea - English Breakfast, please - and one chocolate cake. Yes, that's all. Thank you." She finished her order just in time for the second Aesop to finish conversing with the first by handing her a bottle of golden liquid and turning to face them--

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aesop's Employer?
    Hello new friends~ Welcome to our island~! It doesn't have a name yet, but we're working on it-!
    Before showing them a magic trick effortlessly!

"Oh!" Cosmos clapped even as her eyes widened and seemingly turning to stars in wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Risu
    "You can call me Risu! Chisana Risu is my full name, but surnames always feel a bit distant to me-!"
    "That was amazing Miss Risu! How did you do it? Do you have any other tricks?" She gushed - an act which really makes her seems as young as her appearance suggest, though neither Sariel or Illia comment on it and enjoyed the sight instead - before she realized her mistake and let out a small cough to regain her composure. "Ah, ahem. Where are my manners? My name is Cosmos Fairchild. The angel besides me is Sariel, and the girl who hides her hunger well is my little sister, Alyx Kingsleigh. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Risu." She finished with a tiny bow of her head.

'Now that introduction is done, let's get to the main point.'

'Right.' Cosmos silently agreed with Illia before lifting her head up to look at the two identical women. "So... to get to the main point, we were brought here with the help of Miss Aesop. And while we have many questions, I think the biggest one for me is to confirm one thing." Cosmos took a deep breath to prepare herself. This is it. The question whose answer have a huge implication to her home.

"Are we in another world right now?"
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Merlin's Tower ~ Living Room

"...Oh my god."

---What's happening around her is the exact opposite of the peace this girl seeks.

The -somewhat impassioned- wrestling match between the Mage of Flowers and the Producer of the Knights in the corner of the room, the mutterings of a still panicked Sara as she examines precisely how big the hole in the wall is, and now...

An endless tirade of questions.

Yes.

Endless.

There are an infinite number of things Raz Stone can ask about the well-being of his little sister, and by god, you intend to ask each and everyone of those things without an ounce of malice inside of you. Suspicions aside, the younger woman that had turned her eyes to focus on you after you had put your hand on her head, can practically feel her patience drain from whatever invisible meter it exists in as the group seems to ignore her original statement, yes...

---A vein appears when Merlin fails to answer her question.

---Another appears when she realizes exactly why that is.

---The poor golden-haired girl is the only one that doesn't instantly become an overwhelming annoyance to her, but unfortunately, she will be caught in the collateral damage, and you...

Well...

There was a certain method of behavior that was her usual, but that was most pronounced when dealing with you, thus she will deal with you specifically at the end, before that-

"Alright, EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP! ESPECIALLY THE STUPID FIGHTING EXES IN THE CORNER OVER THERE! CHEATING SUCKS, BUT FIGHT IT OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

-a message addressed to everyone in the room.

Spoken with a voice that is -for everyone that's not you- shockingly loud, the sort of voice that dares those who hear it to ignore her again, just one more time, and see what the hell happens as a result, and-

...It is somewhat effective.

Everyone does, in fact, shut the hell up.

Like a voice of sanity calming the strange madness that had seemingly overtaken everyone, the raven-haired shut-in will not allow the sanctity of her home to fall completely to pieces just because some Tamers had showed up.

---Things often get strange when a group of Tamers show up.

It is a consequence of the supernatural attracting the supernatural, and the weird attracting the weird...

Or something like that anyway, still-

"...hah..."

-having said her piece, and thus restored order to a burst of chaos, as her mother had taught her to do, she realigns her eyes on you for a moment, then:

" No, if Merlin tried anything I'd throw her through a wall; Yes, I've been exercising and yes I got the chocolates, and no, I'm a bit too busy to come out for coffee. Although, since you're here, I guess you can make a cup if that'd shut you up for a bit, the kitchen's just over there..."

Pointing to a nearby room, one that looks remarkably standardized for a Magical Tower out on an enchanted island, Ada shows one of her more obvious traits, yes...

---Some may call it tsundere behavior, but saying it out-loud was a good way to get thrown through a magically reinforced wall.

"Now, the rest of you -minus Cross- let's act like adults and sort all of this out without the damn concert-!"

...Or else.

Somehow.

She had a way of making those sorts of threats work.

Had the right balance of intimidation and shame to it...
    Last edited by Airen; February 12th, 2020 at 07:31 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    World Designation: Revolution
    Noon, Foggy

It’s bright.

Overwhelmingly bright, to the point I have to shield my eyes from the resulting impact. Kougaon, when I use it, is not capable of such effect. This is already more on the level of a Tamer’s trump card, and certainly more deadly than what I am capable of inflicting at this distance.

This is all thanks to Agatha- whatever her ability, it is quite powerful. Another entry to be added into the myriad mysteries behind her and all the strange things that she is capable of. At the moment, it is a matter of secondary importance.

Because even after receiving that enhanced attack head on…

… the target is only slightly worse for wear.

Factoring in the incredible durability and it’s natural neurotoxins, there is a significant possibility that it is too much for me to handle alone. After all, while I may be resilient to its effects, the same cannot be said for the bystanders present around me, with a potential exclusion for Agatha. It- and by extension, it’s projectiles, cannot be allowed to approach any further.

But for better or worse, I am not alone. I was hoping Agatha and I would be sufficient, but since she seems to have some… restrictions of her own, then I must make do.

“Diari. Come.”

Drawing upon the demon summoning program, an angel materializes. Her identity is unmistakable- the form of mankind, white feathery wings that span across her back, and a presence that soothes the battlefield with His grace- a member of the Heavenly Host. Even though her rank is low, she is indisputably an agent of God- my assigned guardian angel.

That is what she should be, and yet…

“Haa…. You called, Eva?”

Her yawn and slouched posture betray all the dignity that should be associated with her position. This is how she usually is- less than ideal in many respects. I think we are very mismatched in many respects (although I don’t think she is an appropriate match for anyone else either), but regardless, she is the guardian angel that I have been assigned. Were this any other situation, I might be inclined to make a comment on her behavior, but in this case… there are more important things at hand, so I ignore her slovenly entrance.

“There’s a poison in the air around that thing. Diari, do your thing and keep it away from Agatha or the rest of the house. I’ll handle the impact.”

“Wha-”

Having only just noticed the approaching spikes, Diari naturally looks like she wants to complain about how unreasonable the situation I’ve called her is- but seeing as how last minute the situation is, she keeps quiet and begins preparing Magarula.

On my end-

-A barrier of spiritual power appears, as Aura Shield activates. Staring at the approaching projectiles, I brace myself for a rough impact.

It’s by no means an elegant solution- I simply intend to match power with power, and stop the spikes in their tracks. Other, less brutish means came to mind for making sure the spikes were neutralized, but when I consider the possibility of failure and what it might do to the occupants of this household if it managed to land… they are unacceptable. If I can avoid that by putting myself in the line of fire…

…then there’s no reason to hesitate.

Wise up!

Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat: 6/10
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    Judgement
    Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe
    Spirit Chain
    Tarunda
    Kouha/Kouga/Kougaon
    Aura Shield (C, used)
    Phantasm Step

Comp Action:
    6.) Recall Demon/Summon Demon (COMP Action): Summon Diari to her side through use of the COMP's Demon Summoning Functionality. Cannot be used if the Demon is bound in some way. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.

7.) Decode (Auxiliary-Type COMP Action): Concentrate on decoding any hidden attributes the opponent may have, such as encoded spell data or falsified physical parameters. Will not reveal everything at once -and can only decipher things that have actually been in use around it- but will generally become more effective the more times it is used on a single opponent. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.

Name: Diari
    Class: Demon (Angel)
    Weaknesses: Curse
    Neutral: Everything Else
    Resists: Light
    Stats
    STR: C
    VIT: E
    AGI: C
    SEN: D
    RES: D
    Spells

Magarula
    Element: Force
    Conjures up razor winds to attack a designated area. General shape and size of the air-blades can be decided by the caster, but the strength of the blades themselves are determined by how much spiritual power was put into them (the spell rank.)

Special Traits
    -Guardian Angel-
    Not a warrior by nature, these angels are those who are said to be assigned to humans at birth; as a guardian angel, albeit one who's a bit lazy at heart, Diari bears the ability of passively healing her Summoner over time simply by being present alongside her on the battlefield...
    In addition, status effects that would ordinarily require the direct intervention of magic to resolve (those inflicted via a weakness) become possible to recover from over time instead; those that aren't have their duration lessened by a single turn.
    Last edited by Satehi; February 12th, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Rooftop
    ??? - Morning

---It's a straightforward, easy-to-read attack, but also the only one you can use without jeopardizing your ultimate plan.

Even so, the throw of that blade comes across as something like a gunshot; tearing through the air at speeds so fast the air shrieks, as if it itself is being cut as the blade moves through it, you place your faith in both Aster and Tsukiko, seeking to serve as the distraction that lets the both of them get their jobs done successfully, all for the sake of at least putting a dent in the demon that doesn't seem to be taking any of this too seriously, so much so that it has stopped to have a somewhat animated conversation with it's blade, and-

---it's defenses are high enough that it's easy to see why; possessing not just great durability, but some kind of precognitive magic -which was strange in and of itself, as demons typically don't use those sorts of things- the ease with which it ultimately not only dodges Maken, but catches it and throws it back just as fast, is an ease that shows that this is no typical demon, no...

It's far too strong to be a Demon without a Summoner, that, or it is one of a class that is only rarely seen inside of the Human World...

Still-!

Reflexes firing the moment you had seen it tilt it's body just far enough out of the way to avoid the blow, you instinctively retreat to put distance between yourself and the projectile that might as well have been reflected at you, body moving to reclaim it on it's own in a similar manner, when-

"OVERLOAD:
    Blade of the Norse Hell
    EISSCHWERT
    ----"

-a single blade of ice rings out, silencing the last half of a Mythic Class incantation.

In spite of the horrific amount of magical energy contained within it's blade, there is next to no warning of it's existence.

The reason for that is an absurd one, namely-

---The sheer wave of cold that had appeared upon it's release, had seemingly been enough to freeze both spiritual power and sound itself in place, even if only for a single instant... No, while you had not been the target of this strike, you were sure...

Yes, positive...

---That for the one on the receiving end...

It must have been like time itself had come to a stop for a moment.

The heartbeat passes, and-

Magic roars.

As a consequence for being shackled for an instant, the world explodes outwards as everything that had been bound becomes released along with the aftermath of the strike; a hammer of wind shoots across the roof of the mall before arcing up and into the sky at the caster's behest, her silent preparation earlier just as much for the sake of the civilians down below as it was for catching a criminal that had eluded her for years, yes-

"...You elementalists always get so arrogant."

-the source of that blow, that B-Rank Magic that had taken the form of a single blow from her blade, was Tsukiko herself, who can finally cut loose now that she is sure her opponent will not die if she uses overwhelming force.

Naturally.

She had struck her opponent head on, not because she was faster than her, but simply through taking advantage of a quirk in mentality and observed physical states. Earlier, the demon had shown an initial hesitance when fighting inside of Tsukiko's field of ice, but had come to disregard that field after finding out what it was, in essence, the fact that it had been ice-based had been enough for her to completely ignore it.

---Because ice cannot harm her.

No, not just that...

She can derive power from that same ice, it is an elemental concept to which she is well attuned, one that is intrinsically linked to the legend that had given birth to her, thus-!

---There is no reason to defend herself against those sorts of attacks.

Or at least, there should not be, however...

However...

However...

---To that opponent that had disregarded her attacks so casually, only existence as a frozen sculpture, one found at the end of a long trail of crystalline dust, under a world that is now snowing, can be found at the end of this person's always blunt tactics...

Rather than find the enemy's weakness, she simply smashes their defenses to bits with her strengths.

Against humans she must hold back somewhat typically for fear of their lives, but for Demons and Tamers that push at her buttons, those that could withstand such magics...

"So go to sleep for now."

---Some time spent taking a cold nap is often good for their egoist attitudes.

And thus, the battle ends.

After all, one cannot continue after becoming a literal statue of ice.

---Or at least, that is the outcome that should have become reality, instead...!

"Wait... Are you... Serious...?!"

---Confident in her victory, the sudden sound Tsukiko makes before sprinting towards her target hint that the battle is not over.

---Spirit Power rises.

The foundations of the statue crack, as a sword moves to protect it's wielder-!

"Wow... Being able to freeze me, huh? Pretty good ice mage..."

Her top half is freed in a burst of shrapnel, and while the ice seems to be struggling to climb up over her head again, like some sort of manifest curse that won't stop until you get rid of every piece...

She's breaking it off of her rapidly, hands smashing the slow moving curse to pieces thanks to her high resistance making it's lingering attempts ineffective, meaning that she will be completely free in but a few moments, and-!

"Guess I'll have to attack you guys for real, but it's fine, it'll just sting a bit after you wake up-! Come on Beaky, full throttle-!"

"Understood."

---A small voice appears to answer her, and-

-Ba-dump.

-Ba-dump.

The demon's power rises further, and you-
    Last edited by Airen; February 12th, 2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    Noon, Foggy

---A twofold defense.

Winds that start small, before escalating rapidly to the force of an rampaging F5 tornado -to an angel's surprise- and a barrier of spiritual power -your own Reiki- coming out to form a blue seal that quickly expands beyond it's usual limit; surpassing the size of your body and becoming an impenetrable shell that rises to shield the house in it's entirety, the compression of spiritual power so refined that it's durability is impossible to test with touch alone, and-

---The impact is just as massive.

With the bizarrely alien spikes tearing through the fierce winds of the vortex -the neurotoxin they had exuded thankfully being incapable of doing the same- the sheer force with which the massive needles descend wouldn't feel out of place through the act of orbital bombardment-! Like tungsten rods descending down from outer space, the initial impact is one that you feel even through your barrier, cracks forming in the once immaculate surface as the concentrated Reiki quakes but still holds strong, and-

"...!"

-after the initial impact, much of the strength behind them is lost.

However, they do not shatter or break; ultimately, they are designed to slam into the earth at absurd speeds in order to serve as dispensers for toxin, or at least, that is the idea behind them that you understand-!

That means that simply allowing them to exist near the people down below is dangerous; for now, the tornado conjured up by Diari is siphoning the poison away from them, but-!

But-!

---There's only one thing for it.

Just as planned, now that you had stopped the impact...

---You would use your body.

The shield falls apart after you let it go, arms reaching out to grab one of the spikes as it begins to fall, down without resistance as the winds begin to weaken, and-

-you lift it.

---it's heavy.

---Remarkably heavy, but even so, you lift it all the same; after all, it wasn't the heaviest thing you had ever lifted, indeed...

Your designs allowed far more than this-!

Return to sender-!

---Two strikes.

Right after the other, thrown back up at the entity with as much force as you can muster, force that again goes through Agatha's strange ability and multiples momentum a dozen-fold-!

A blast of electricity tears one asunder, but the other...

The other...

---An indescribable noise.

It's a sound that hurts your consciousness, an audio wave that simply wasn't meant for human ears, thus one that comes across as little more than a scratching, static-like sound, but, looking up at it even as you resist the urge to slam your hands over your ears, it-

"...!"

-has a hole running clean through where the spike had pierced, and...

Is swaying back and forth, almost like...

Like...

---It had been knocked silly?

It doesn't have any expressions, so it's hard to tell for sure, but...

With this at least, it had been pushed back-!

Even if just for a moment-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Ship Exterior)
    ??? - Evening

---Long days.

It's been a busy week for Daisuke.

The young COMP and his Tamer have been running around twice as much as usual. Chris has been spending much of her time either helping the Namasakis with their work or tinkering with the still-incomplete weapon she'd decided to build upon hearing that they'd be traveling to the North Pole soon. Even if it lacked a core to make it truly effective, she'd said, it would be easy enough to install one should a suitable item present itself. And then, of course, Daisuke's body would need an overhaul to withstand prolonged sub-zero temperatures...

Yes, because it's been a busy week for Mokujima Chris, it has been doubly busy for her COMP. Taking care of all non-essential tasks like supplies, forms, notes, orders... and then the extra-essential ones like keeping the fridge stocked with healthy food, or remotely digging into libraries around the world for more information on the mysteries they'd uncovered. Daisuke has certainly been running around a lot, to the point where he was hoping for a day when they could just hang out in peace...

Today is such a day. A long, lazy day that slows down the world and lets one breathe and relax. On such an evening Daisuke can sit and stare out at Aoyama, feeling that comfortable warmth in his core grow as he takes in the wonderful city around him. Aoyama, that radiant place that glows with neon lamps, shines with bright souls, and traces a path of light through the information superhighway to carve out its place in the world. Aoyama, full of adventure and smiling people and the promise of something interesting around every corner. Those same people wave hello and offer greetings as they pass by the beach, and Daisuke happily responds to each and every one.

It's truly a place worth protecting. Really, how can his silly User look at this and think staying inside is better?

And, if it isn't from Chris, then where does that warm feeling stem from?

Still, even though it's wonderful...

"Hah..."

The boy flops onto his back with a sigh and stares at the orange and gray clouds overhead. They're overall less interesting, but in a way that better reflects his mental state.

He doesn't mind a job like this, really. Guard duty may not be exciting, but it is important, and it's a welcome break from the frantic pace of the previous days. So there's no reason to be disappointed. No reason, except...

He had hoped not to see such a wonderful sight alone.

Just as the thought crosses the boy's mind...

Quote Originally Posted by The Savior
    "Daisukeeeeee-!"
    Someone appears to rescue him from the encroaching boredom.

"Lexieeeeeee-!"

It's already become a reflex to respond like this. What had initially been a pleading or chiding way of saying her name is now the usual greeting between them.

"You came to visit! I though you'd be stuck in debriefing or something-!"

Daisuke leaps up, glasses dangling from his chest pocket and hair all messed up and sticking out in strange directions, relaying that he might've spent more time than he'd thought in his own mind. But the smile on his face nearly matching Lexie's is as fresh as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie Davis
    "Finally found you-! You being good out here, all alone on guard duty?"
    "Ah, yes! No disturbances to report! Nobody's approached the ship at all except for some people that wanted to take selfies. I've kept watch this whole time! My senses won't let anyone slip through!" Immediately Daisuke stands at attention... and then relaxes as he remembers who he's talking to. "Unless they had a cloaking spell, maybe... or..."

And then, his eyes fill with realization, shortly followed by panic.

"Ah! I didn't see you at all!" The young COMP's composure breaks. "Did low power mode activate somehow? Oh no... I'm the same as one of those old phones that turns its screen off after ten seconds-!"

Relief immediately becomes distress. Perhaps because Daisuke is a particularly young COMP, having been born on the day Chris joined the SDCD, he's prone to being easily overcome by feelings. Adding that to his usually straitlaced nature while on the job is a recipe for disaster...

Yes, disaster describes well the sight before Lexie Davis: though they're not very similar in most ways, Daisuke and Chris both panic in nearly the same way: forgetting everything else and drowning in self-criticism. Motors whirl and a red blush appears on thr young boy's cheeks as he throws all his processing power into reviewing the past six hours of footage. Even a friendly teasing glance isn't enough to distract him.

"What kind of COMP am I, getting bored during such an important job-!?"
    Last edited by Bloble; February 13th, 2020 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone

Raz and his sister actually shared several traits, when you peeled the curtain back. Both absolutely hated to lose. Both possessed a certain...Je ne sais quoi... that certain something that could get others to lend them an ear. They both loved caffeine, though in what Raz would always determine as a fit of teen rebellion, Ada much preferred energy drinks. Coffee and tea weren’t intolerable for her, but not preferred either.

In much the same way, their similarities often manifested in strangely different manners. Take for example, while raz preferred to use his natural charisma to enhance his stage presence...and make sure that not every night was spent alone... his sister did exactly the opposite. Ada used her abilities to influence people to slide under the radar, to stay just an inch or two back from the action.

Her tactical acumen was significant, but again used differently than that of Raz Stone. Raz worked the battlefield, he manipulated information and the flow of combat to achieve his ends. Ada used her abilities to ensure she was not recognized except play those to whom she felt it would be useful for her to have a relationship with.

They both placed a premium on sound as well. Raz loved music, and the thrill of a joyful crowd. The screams of fans invigorated him. Anything loud was inside his strike zone. Ada cherished the purity of silence. Where she tolerated sound at all, she valued stricture, and organization.

It was perhaps the difference between a gourmet. One exited in anything put before him, but the other was repulsed and insulted by that which was not crafted by the utmost care, with an eye towards both presentation and execution.

To put that another way, the suddenly chaotic tower was an environment that thrilled the brother and frustrated the sister. Just the same, their presence near each other had a similar effect.

The explosion that erupted from the younger Stone was one he was well familiar with. Hell, even her attempt to find something to occupy his time besides talking with her had the feel of of a well worn familial ritual.

And that ritual had yet to come to full completion.

Ada probably knew what was coming. No, she absolutely did. But her moment of distraction to the other members of the tower and verbalized commands to everyone that wasn’t Sara cost her a critical half second of reaction time.

So she was unable to avoid it when Raz caught her half turned around and forced her back to his chest, her slick black hair coming to just under his nose.

A warm hug from behind, courtesy of an older brother who had no sense of shame, which was his advantage against a girl who reviled the spotlight, hated overt displays of affection and had nothing but contempt for physical contact.

Her response to this kindly gesture of affection was of course, only natural.

In that she drove her elbow into his stomach, and executed a well practiced flip.

...Or tried to. Despite her skill, their was an expression in boxing which said the skilled large man would always defeat the skilled small man. Maybe she failed because Raz was a little heavier, more able to plant his weight under his feet. Maybe she had failed due to her not having seen him for a while, so had fallen a bit out of practice, while Raz lived a life of constant battle as a knight.

Whatever the reason, the sudden throw and several further ultimately unsuccessful body blows and stomps on his feet she dealt both illustrated and explained arguably the greatest mystery of his physique.

You see, due to the over use of computerized metrics and mobile combat interfaces, quantifying to a general level someone’s ability was easy, with enough data. Spell ranks were the most common form of such. But just the same, it was entirely possible to get a pretty darn good idea of what someone’s base ability levels were. Which had often led to some quite spirited, even vitriolic internet arguments about a singular peculiarity about the Knight of Song.

...Why the hell ass balls was a musician’s strongest two stats his endurance and resistance?!

It made no sense. Certainly it would not have been the result of his nightly training. Avalon has first trained him as a healer, and then later a support mage when he bonded with the DTG. So his decidedly durable body had to predate his squire’s training.

In other words, in Raz stone’s early life, there must have been an existence which tested the limits of his resilience daily.

...Such as a cute sister who responded to a PDA with a closed fist. It was those long years of patient endurance that shown through every teeth clenched moment where Ada’s attempts to break free failed until her rapidly fading energy began to slow her down.

...Ada also disliked sustained effort for long periods of time, else Raz might have had rank A END and RES at this point.

“Let me go.” Ada said, flushing as attention was directed increasingly towards the pair of siblings.

”Say it...!” Raz said, a note of note of expectation in his voice

”No!” The raven haired mage said, tossing the crown of her chin into raz’s jaw, causing a spike of pain to run through him

Yeeash, that was a new one. She didn’t used to be tall enough to do that. My little sister is growing
    . That of course, was the kind of thought which brought both pride and sorrow.

”I haven’t hugged you in months. I could do this for hours. How about you?” Raz said anyway.

”Let me go!”

”Say it...!”

”Let me go...” the sound of teeth grinding was probably louder then the sound of a stage crashing througha certain stone wall.

”...Big brother.”

Raz couldn’t stop grinning as he let her go. “I love you too, little sister.” Used to be she never called him anything else. But teen girls were touchy. Raz hadn’t been “big brother” for a while. But he had learned how to squeeze one out when he had to!

”I think someone ordered some coffee?!” Raz said, appearing entirely elated in the face of a glare that could freeze a python in place. “But first, gifts given must be returned.”

He raised his hand as if to pat his sister’s head once more, but she immediately skipped away, air crackling around her in manner suggesting battle magics being readied. So instead he shrugged and, after nodding to Serena and Cross, he knelt in front of the great knight of flowers. Carefully, he took Lied Ortus, still in its sheathe and held such out in both stretched hands, the very image of a knight presenting his arms to a benevolent lord.

”My thanks for the use of this weapon, fair and powerful mage. It is not mine to keep, this I return it to you. And I shall definitely keep my promise. I will happily clean every inch of the damage done here. Oh! And...if your interested,” Raz said cheekily, the ceremonious aspect of his oration vanishing without a trace, “I make a damn good cup of coffee!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    “The garden, mmm,” somehow, in all those words, that shadow of doubt had drifted away. A warm light shone down, ushering away her anxiety. Now the girl smiled, and though there was a hint of sadness in it, it was a far different kind. “I would like that.”

She felt that she would be gone soon, as much as she’d like to stay, despite knowing she should go, a part of her didn’t want to. Perhaps, a thought echoed in the back of her head, she’s more immature than she admits.

“And… when I come again, I hope you’re still like this.”

She closed her eyes.

“I like the way you are now, too.”

Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

“…!” The cold-voiced AI gasped as the body of her partner rustled atop the bed of desks. “Hana?”

“Awawawawa… my head… so sleepy…”

Sitting up, the girl tried to raise her hands to stretch and rub at her eyes, but neither budged. Held firmly by her classmate, Nanaya-senpai, the girl’s hands stayed in place.

“U-um, senpai. I am alright, it was… only… my imagination….”

Voice turning to a squeak, the girl admitted the truth.

"Of course she's alright, I told you, it was a symptom of a panic attack; physically she was fine."

“P-panic attack? I…” The girl spoke up to protest, but then fell silent. Even more quiet than a squeak, quieter than a mouse’s feet, she began to pout. “Uuu…”

"Although... Are you sure you want to invite her into the occult club? I don't think it would be very good for Onjouji's health to lose consciousness every couple of days..."

“Of course she isn’t. Look at all the trouble you dragged her into!” An accusatory voice cut down the weak-willed attempt to speak up from Hyakka. “At a base level, I doubt anyone and everyone. Even that model student, Ikushima Kaori, but at least she proved she was reliable and worth putting some trust into.”

Invoking the name of the dai-senapi, Hyakka’s eyes widened.

Tsubaki was praising somebody? That Tsubaki? The one who only had thorns for words and a shard of ice for a heart?

The white-haired, sore-headed girl was too stunned to even gasp.

“Putting aside that creepy ghost calling itself a Magus, you got her into trouble with the principal! The! Principal!” One could almost see a finger thrust toward Nanaya like a spear on the surface of the girl’s brooch. Aimed right at the heart of the older classmate, the cold fingertip was followed by a deadly glare. “You had best take responsibility.”

“B-but I made the decision to go too…”

“…”

The AI ignored the justified response of her Tamer, instead waiting for what Nanaya had to say.

Blog Entries
    Ayra Lilygrove
    Junes ~ Rooftop
    ??? - Morning

Tsukiko’s trump card is beautifully fleeting. It’s impressive on both the technical and powerful sense—a technique that can freeze even an Ice-aligned demon like the one in front of us is worthy of praise. Yet, it’s that impressive feat that makes it all the more painful when it lasts for just seconds, shattered in a dazzling and quite frankly monstrous wave of power.

Normally, I’d ask if you were committed to screwing yourself over, but it seems like we’re gonna be boned either way.

Then you’re perfectly fine with me proving her wrong?

Unfortunately.

The plan is simple to a fault. If at first you don’t succeed, try again. That’s been my motto all this time. I can’t stand the thought of failing. That’s why, even if victory is well out of reach, I’ll bet my entire pride as a knight proving her wrong.

I couldn’t stand it otherwise.

“Round two! Double Galeforce!”

Dozens of meters closed in an instant.

A whirlwind of slashes, an elegant waltz interwoven into a seamless net in tandem with their phantoms. She will block. Her pride is in her defense.

But strike at any armor enough times, it will chip, it will dent—

It will break!

-----

Auto-Skill: Double Lion (Physical strikes hit twice)
    Casted: Galeforce (Regnal Astra) -> Galeforce (Eclipse)
    Heat: 0/6 -> 6/6
    Spells: Galeforce, Excalibur, Light Brand, Glimmer, Garu line, Aura Shield, Phantasm Step, Return

Wise up!
    Optimize (Aster Action): For the duration of the next turn, the cost for using spells will be reduced by one. Cannot be used on any turn in which Aster has acted in any way (other COMP action, controlling a clone, etc) although Ayra herself is free to move or attack.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone

---And thus, as some move to head upstairs at Ada's behest, a sword is moved to be returned to it's rightful owner.

Indeed, from the start, the Lied Ortus had been something that you had been borrowing, a temporary weapon loaned to you by the Mage of Flowers for the purpose of enabling you to fight... Of course, the method you had chosen to handle the situation, as well as the situation you had left outside, had ultimately resolved the battle in a way that could almost be called anticlimactic, but...

That was no reason to forget one's manners as a knight, indeed, while your sister had served as a temporary distraction from such things -although the audible sound of electricity crackling nearby shows that any further grappling attempts by you will be met with overwhelming force- you have been trained extensively to act in a certain way, and act in that way you do, presenting the weapon to your benefactor with all the grace of a knight of old, even if you break the illusion a bit at the end by acting a bit too cheeky, but...

"Hmm? The sword? Feel free to keep it."

...In a similar manner, the Mage of Flowers is being a bit less... Dreamy... Than usual...

More blunt?

Perhaps it's the dark-haired woman staring daggers into the back of her head that has made the sudden change in her behavior? Of course, it wasn't completely unheard of for Merlin to hand out trinkets to others, and that sword may just be a trinket in her eyes, but...

Looking down at you as she says this, one hand beginning the motion for you to rise, she...

"More importantly than the sword, was that tattoo on your hand before? I don't believe it was."

...Says that with a tilt of her head as she points, gently, at a part of yourself that you hadn't quite examined up until now, and indeed...

There is in fact...

Something strange on your hand...

Acquired Trait: World Crest (Xanadu)
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

"...Ah, I'm being scolded."

A sheepish smile, as a hand automatically rises to rub at the back of her head unconsciously, as if needing to do something with her hands to stave off the sudden pressure of an AI's eyes.

---Ultimately, it is hard for her to refute those sorts of things.

Mostly because they were pretty much true, she had certainly gotten you involved in quite a few bizarre events tonight, and unlike the pseudo-invincible student council president, had done somewhat of a less reliable job in fighting off the 'consequences' that had followed getting caught, of course, those sorts of things were all part of the fun of this inside of her mind, but when faced with someone a tad more "responsible," than herself, it ultimately takes her a bit to put up any sort of defense, as from the start, all of this had been sorta impulsive...

"Ok! I'll take responsibility! I had already intended to do so anyway!"

Of course, while much of tonight had been her winging it, at least this much was always true of her-!

"As Club Leader, the actions of my members will fall on my shoulders! So if anyone will be punished by the principal for tonight, I'll make sure it's me-! But he didn't catch us, not really, so by the unofficial rules we should be fine-!"

---Of course, that's a weaker defense.

Relying more on good faith than anything concrete, it nevertheless shows that the girl has a sincere spirit... Of course, it also assumes that you will join her Club -of which she is apparently the head- so it is also weak because of unfounded assumptions, but...

"Right sensei?"

As if aware of this, or simply because she seems naturally reliant on this particular teacher for some reason, Kayo glances up and over at the two of you after being addressed and-

"Yeah. By his rules you're fine... Well, I could punish you I guess, but kids will be kids, and I suppose that as the club advisor, getting my own students into trouble wouldn't be very becoming of me..."

-says something like that casually, a light smile crossing her face.

"Although, the best way to conquer fears is exposure therapy... A Tamer should learn not to scream if they just see a ghost or two, after all..."

A more mischievous smile...

"This school is full of em..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone

To a certain extent. it was almost frustrating. Raz may have been an unconventional knight...well, scratch that, he definitely was...but he was still a knight. Taking the oaths meant more then a show of grandeur, meant more then suddenly having people recognize your talents, and the renown that came with such. The words of the pledge meant something. A knight had to uphold the chivalric values, else he could not be called one in the first place. Merlin had acted as sort of a temporary benefactor, a patron. What she had given should be returned.

It was without a doubt not intelligent of course. the wondrous blade, the Song of Sunrise, otherwise known as Lied Ortus supplanted his abilities in a manner even he had not fully grasped. He could use it when separated from the DTG to continue battle, enormously expanding his in combat repertoire. Plus

The thing was just so frikken cool!

Still, a gift given should be returned, or exchanged for a reciprocal gift, which of course Raz did not have. This made him feel uneasy. On the other hand, it could be argued that there was no act more knightly then to accept a golden blade from Merlin. Raz nodded, after a moment's thought, appearing extremely uncharacteristically lost for words.

...A sentiment that likely sent his sister into paroxysms of delight...

"My lady...I will do my best to honor this gift." Raz said, for once without bravado or theatrics as he sheathed the thematically inappropriate katana at his side. That was the only honest reply he could offer to a priceless gift.

....However...the spell was broken in a rather odd fashion. The entire day had been quite strange of course, but it would seem Merlin was not the only one to have offered Raz something he did not have. at her direction, the black haired bard's attention was drawn to a rather spectacular sigil that had emerged onto the back of his hand. Raz had never seen the symbol before. As he stared at its soft, almost unearthly glow, he wondered if anyone on the planet had ever beheld the sign now alighted on his body.

That wasn't the only change. Though he could not even be sure of his own own power, he could almost feel the mark reaching intangibly though him, exploring his connection with the DTG, binding itself to his magical processes in a way he did not understand and maybe would never fully grasp. Raz's response to this was likely quite predictable.

"Coooooooooooooooooool!" He said, flexing his hand and enjoying the way the glow responded to the movements of his arm. "Man, imagine what my next show is gonna be like with this bad boy rolling along, awesome!" Raz said, proudly displaying his new accoutrements as if by now everyone hadn't already seen it.

"Well, planning for that little reveal is gonna have to wait though." At that, Raz snapped his fingers. The Herme's Stage, in response, reversed its transformation, folding in on itself dozens of times until there was nothing left but a dark pair of shades, which fell from the sky to alight upon his face, as if the world itself was making the statement...

Deal With It.

He took the DTG from Sara Cross after this occurred, rolling his partner back and forward and then giving it a twirl in the same hand that now shown with an unearthly and strange glow.

Are you about to do something stupid?

No!

...Ok Maybe.

Holding his hand out towards a certain newfound entrance to the tower of the Mage of Flowers, Raz had only two things left to say.

"Merlin, dont take this the wrong way but now I am glad you already have a wall thats blown up, and Serena, baby, if this blows up and kills me, I have always loved you!"

WHen he finished speaking, swirls of power began to build around a certain knight. His magecraft was songcraft, and as such, ethereal tones without a coherent melody began to ring. It wasn't quite true that his hair lifted off his skull or turned yellow or something, but those versed in magecraft would definitely feel the beginnings of what could be a grand ritual. When his magical energies had swelled, well, what did Raz do?

Why, with a giant, almost open mouthed exhilarated grin, raz channeled every last bit of magic and heat he had right into and through the detective COMP and into his newest attribute!

The result of such? Well, if anyone knew the answer to that, It was not the Knight of Song!

-------

Heat 0/10 ----> 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    Noon, Foggy

It has been asked many times in the past, by men wise or foolish or all in between, of the sound a falling tree makes when there is no around to hear it. Physical considerations aside, the principle of the problem is simple. Sound is a medium by which one receives information, a voice is a means to communicate to another. They lose their meaning if they are not heard, if they cannot be understood. There is no point.

From that perspective, the meaning of the indescribable cries let out by the creature lying in the sky seems all too obvious. They signal distress, discomfort, pain, or whatever analogue it experiences… and appropriately, convey a similar emotion in its audience. It’s an unpleasant sound.

--- But, in this moment, in this context, even as intrinsically disturbing as it is, I can think of few sounds that would be more reassuring to listen to.

Right now, the impact of the nails has been largely neutralized, the toxins they carried displaced, and the nails themselves returned to their sender. Over here, Agatha, Diari, the building and presumably its occupants are (mostly, as some groaning from Diari in response to the screeching reminds me) unharmed. None of them are in any danger that requires immediate action.

In other words, it’s time to go on the offense.

“Diari.” I give her a couple instructions. “I’m counting on you to keep Agatha and this building safe from anything that happens.”

For her part, she nods. I’m certain she has more that she would like to say, but now is not the time at least.

Offense.

What that means may differ from individual to individual, but for Eva Ellet, that translates into only one course of action- close combat. For better or worse, that is the means of fighting that I was born with, have practiced the most, and am most proficient at. Since fighting from a distance has not returned any results, it is time to get closer.

That does not come without its risks, but I have no choice but to accept them.

Gathering spiritual power beneath my body---

--- I leap up at the creature, ready to hit it as hard as I can.

Wise up!
    Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat: 3/10
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    Judgement
    Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe
    Spirit Chain
    Tarunda
    Kouha/Kouga/Kougaon
    Aura Shield
    Phantasm Step (Used)

Comp Action:
    1.) Punch/Kick/Etc (Normal Attack): Deals Strength based damage to targets. Damage dealt to others can be voluntarily reduced by holding back. Can be increased or altered through the use of magic.

6.) Recall Demon/Summon Demon (COMP Action): Summon Diari to her side through use of the COMP's Demon Summoning Functionality. Cannot be used if the Demon is bound in some way. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.

7.) Decode (Auxiliary-Type COMP Action): Concentrate on decoding any hidden attributes the opponent may have, such as encoded spell data or falsified physical parameters. Will not reveal everything at once -and can only decipher things that have actually been in use around it- but will generally become more effective the more times it is used on a single opponent. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions.

8.) Fortify Body (Armor-Type COMP Action): Negate the 'stun' chance of successful attacks that would target a user's weakness on this turn. (Used)

Name: Diari
    Class: Demon (Angel)
    Weaknesses: Curse
    Neutral: Everything Else
    Resists: Light
    Stats

STR: C
    VIT: E
    AGI: C
    SEN: D
    RES: D
    Spells

Magarula
    Element: Force
    Conjures up razor winds to attack a designated area. General shape and size of the air-blades can be decided by the caster, but the strength of the blades themselves are determined by how much spiritual power was put into them (the spell rank.)

Special Traits
    -Guardian Angel-
    Not a warrior by nature, these angels are those who are said to be assigned to humans at birth; as a guardian angel, albeit one who's a bit lazy at heart, Diari bears the ability of passively healing her Summoner over time simply by being present alongside her on the battlefield...
    In addition, status effects that would ordinarily require the direct intervention of magic to resolve (those inflicted via a weakness) become possible to recover from over time instead; those that aren't have their duration lessened by a single turn.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone

---Faced with the appearance of a bizarre sigil upon your form, your immediate reaction is an attempt to discover it's purpose... Or rather, one could say that the first thing you decide to do is provoke that magic without completely understanding it, gathering up all the Reiki you can find inside of yourself and the DTG, and pouring it into the mark with an attitude that could only be called "somewhat insane."

Indeed, sigils aren't exactly an unknown property.

There are forms of magic that can be etched onto someone's body and activated in a manner similar to this, such forms of magic were of the older type admittedly, a tad removed from what you would call "modern magic," but something that existed all the same, thus...

Trying to activate it in this manner was at least semi-logical, however...

---That didn't mean it was a good idea, no, it was almost certainly a poor idea, nevertheless, you throw caution to the winds and attempt it all the same.

The first sensation is that of your power hitting an invisible wall or some other obstruction, as if it what had actually formed inside of your body had been a 'gate' rather than anything else... Of course, in your opinion walls are made to be broken, and thus you slam all of that gathered power into it as hard as you can in an attempt to find some sort of result, to make it actually do something, and-

"Um, excuse me, what the hell are you doing?"

-Merlin's words are remarkably fitting, while also being completely removed from her usual dreamy tone now.

And indeed, it is quite the question, because...

---You had certainly broken through that wall, likely because it had only begun to start forming of it's own accord, and-

---Flames erupt from the crest.

Or at least, that is that they appear to be; silver flames of an origin that is clearly not your own... For a human, the color of their Reiki is typically a deep azure, thus spirit-based attacks -if they have any color at all- typically appear as 'blue' in the visible spectrum, but this...

It's certainly a form of silver.

A blinding silver flame of Reiki, one that stays atop your hand for but an instant before swiftly spreading across the rest of your body like a wildfire; in a sense it is certainly a 'cool' sight, one that brings out a vague sense of awe, as the feeling it gives off reminds you of the much more rare "conceptual" magics used by the more outstanding magi of the modern world, but...

---That awe quickly becomes replaced with pain, a burning sensation as your body becomes flooded with this power...

And then rapidly overrun by it.

It's too much.

The warm gentle feeling it had once given off becomes an agonizing one as too much power is forced through your body far too quickly; it was like letting loose a tap of water to fill a bucket, only for that tap to more or less explode like a geyser, filling the bucket, the room, and then the rest of the house for good measure -while working on the neighborhood outside- in about five seconds, it's a runaway train of spiritual power that overloads your body and nerves in but a few moments, that takes a hammer to your consciousness that keeps you from stopping it as everything seems to white out, and-

"Is that... Starlight?!"

-Merlin says something, but you can't really pay that close attention to it anymore, especially because the sounds of the world around quickly become a screaming roar of many different voices as that bizarre silver Reiki runs through, takes over, and overwhelms the rest of your senses, becoming the only thing you can think about, because it has saturated your body so absolutely, and then, finally, mercifully-

---Everything cuts out as your body gives into the power battering it from the inside, and your world -as well as that of the DTG's through you- goes mercifully dark.

--}i{--
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

The AI’s cold stare drifted between teacher and senpai. Clear skepticism and annoyance transmitted without a single word by her gelid presence. She would let the girl make any excuse she needed, admit her wrongdoing, and forgive her. That was the plan. From the start, she never planned or wanted to break things off between Hyakka and her newest friend.

No, she wasn’t cruel. Protective, but not so vilely defensive.

"As Club Leader, the actions of my members will fall on my shoulders! So if anyone will be punished by the principal for tonight, I'll make sure it's me-! But he didn't catch us, not really, so by the unofficial rules we should be fine-!"

Certainly, the Nanaya girl showed signs of reflection. Being plainly blamed for the night’s ruckus… she had no way to deny it, and instead admitted to all of it. The AI held her silence as the student slowly transformed that proclamation of guilt into a twisted justification, talking about the ‘principal’s unofficial rules.’

Camelia’s eyes narrowed at the girl.

"Yeah. By his rules you're fine... Well, I could punish you I guess, but kids will be kids, and I suppose that as the club advisor, getting my own students into trouble wouldn't be very becoming of me... Although, the best way to conquer fears is exposure therapy... A Tamer should learn not to scream if they just see a ghost or two, after all... This school is full of em..."

Only to quickly shoot back to the teacher, as she tried the unprecedented.

“… I see. So that’s your game.” The AI clicked her tongue in annoyance. Completely unhappy with how brazen and unsubtle their strategy was, she couldn’t help but express it. After all, if they were going to be so forthright, why shouldn’t she? “I won’t make it easy on you.”

“Eh? Tsubaki? What game? I think… Sensei has a point… I did after all, uhm…”

The white-haired girl finally spoke up again. Having been willing to stay back and let her partner speak out of trust, she finally broke that silence out of nothing other than confusion.

“These kinds of things do tend to go over your head… Hana, they’re trying to spin this whole incident as a good reason for you to join their club.”

“T-they are? Senpai, would you do that?”

“I think the real mastermind here is that teacher.” The AI turned back to the oldest one in the room. “Your classmate here… she said what she said earnestly. But this one’s more clever. That spiel about taking responsibility for her club members was genuine. But Nanaya was acting as if it was already a given that you would join. Fujimoto Kayo saw an opportunity, and now she’s seizing it. These types are the worst. It’s because they're so efficient that I especially can’t stand them. That’s what I hate the most.”

“Efficient?”

“Yes. She’s making a good argument, and that’s what annoys me so much. You are too easily scared by ghosts, so I’m mad because she’s making a good case and I can't tell her she's wrong!”

The small girl’s head tilted downward, a light blush on her cheeks.

“O-oh…”

“So I’m going to pay her back by making it hard on her, with a taste of her own medicine.” A finger shot toward Kayo, a declaration of war. “So I’ll give you a condition. I’ll allow Hana to join, but if, and only if, you can prove to me that your Occult Club engages in legitimate club activities that will help Hana get better at dealing with her fears.”

“U-uweeeeh? What about my opinion?”