Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 27323536373839424787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Ship Exterior)
    ??? - Evening

"No worries, I totally get it! Your mind just feels like it's dying after an hour of nothing happening right? Happens to me too!"

---It's the usual Lexie answer, one filled with a genuine empathy for what she sees as a totally understandable outcome, but something that is also tinged with her own innate sense of laziness, but-

You don't pay attention to that, at least not completely.

No.

Review of the past six hours, go-!

---It's one of the advantages of being attached to a computer system, the automatic filing of memories in memory banks; if it was simply your core present within this body, then your memory would be about as reliable as a human's, perhaps a bit better due to the tendency of COMPs to take a more 'logical' approach to things, but even so...

Is there a point to reviewing the footage?

You couldn't remember meeting anyone of note -other than some Aoyama citizens- and you had no reason to think that your memory might have been compromised or modified through some sort of external force, even so...

---Lexie's ability to appear so suddenly seems to strike a chord for some reason?

The girl was anything but stealthy, she was a loud and cheerful person that could basically be heard coming from a couple of blocks away most of the time... Was there something wrong with your perception systems?

---It takes only a few moments.

When it comes to direct analysis of data, COMPs are far superior than their human counterparts, and...

For the most part, nothing strange seems to appear...

At least at first.

---About five hours in, or an hour ago in other words, your memories become somewhat grainy, and a lone silver-haired figure -that of what seems to be a child- appears at the water's edge like some sort of ghost.

Yes.

Appears.

Materializes out of nowhere...

---More surprisingly, considering these are your memories being played on repeat, the fact that she exists so clearly in your vision is startling, because you can't actually remember ever seeing her at all, then...

She seems to panic a bit, flailing around with her arms like a mischievous child that has been caught by her parents doing something she shouldn't, as she runs off into the nearby woods...'

And you...

Do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

As if you hadn't seen her at all, your boring day goes back to being exactly how you had remembered it being up till Lexie's arrival -who was apparently a bit more stealthy than she lets on, considering you can't figure out how she did it even after being presented with the scenario again- meanwhile...

"Hey~ You still in there~? Blanking out?"

---Lexie seems to have noticed your sudden, deep bout of concentration...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    Aoyama, Tokyo (F-Zero Course)
    ???

By the time that Logan realizes the precise nature of the fissure, it is too late to react to it. The enhanced cognition provided by Eye of the Fates is undeniably powerful, but in the face of more esoteric phenomena, Logan still has to actively comprehend and react to it. For better analysis, It still needs more work, huh? Just like me, then. How fitting.

But there’s no time for self-deprecation in the face of a Tyrant’s advent. Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies - a powerful and mobile enemy more than capable of locking down their movement. Its wings and spirit power buffet Logan and the car with equal measure, forcing him to steady the vehicle in the face of a vile barrage. Losing mobility would be the kindest consequence of getting hit by that.

“Thanks!” Logan says to his partner.

Still, Beelzebub? A powerful Demon like him, attacking a civilian center at the service of a mysterious foe? If he’s being controlled… He probably is. Which means that tower is the true threat. Could that hum be a brainwashing signal? Or is it a sign of another Demon Summoning? Either way, the tower needs to be destroyed as quickly as possible. But with his superior mobility, anyone attacking the tower has to fend off attacks from both sides, including Almighty blasts. Which means...

“Astra, we’ll slow down Beelzebub enough where he can’t interfere with an attack on the tower. Once that’s done we’ll take out that core before it can do any more damage. If that fails or more enemies show up, we’ll have to play it by ear. I don’t like the looks of those pods in the goo, but they can wait for now.”

Two blasts of Zio would be preferable, but with the constant force from Beelzebub's wings, he'd need more punch to make sure he hit.

“Zionga!”

Logan’s blast of lightning lances from an outstretched hand toward the Prince of Hell!

Spells Set: Eye of the Fates, ???, Garu line, ???, Crystal Coat, Zio line
    Spells Used: Eye of the Fates, Zionga
    Heat: 5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    ??? - Evening

"H-huh? No, I was just reviewing the footage of the past few hours to make sure I hadn't missed anything..."

Lexie Davis sees the boy in front of her blink thrice in quick succession, after which his wide eyes refocus on her. The blush on his face dies down as his internal generators power down from the demanding rewind... only to immediately flare back up for some reason.

"Except, that counts as blanking out, doesn't it..."

It's the classic perfectionist's curse. While Daisuke isn't so uptight as to be incapable of taking it easy (if he was, there would've been little chance of getting along so well with the laid-back Tamer), he is someone who takes the job very seriously. Too seriously, one might reasonably say, to the point where a single lapse in judgement is followed by self-criticism and thorough self-reflection. If that were all, it would be fine; every mistake is a learning opportunity, or so a teacher might say. Except upon review, more flaws will inevitably appear, which causes stress and leads to further scrutiny, thus leading to more errors, more pressure, more, more, more, more... Well, most people know when to stop. It's only common sense, and a human being can only push themselves so far into a corner. But for a rather young COMP like Daisuke who is still forming his world view and has all but defined himself as the responsible, dependable counterpart of his duo, and whose motto is to always try as hard as possible, whenever possible... such common sense does not yet exist. The curse has become a spiral, taking what should be a simple regretful stumble and turning it into a screeching bullet being fired down at the heart of an active volcano from outer space. In this metaphor the bullet would be the young boy's mental state, and the active volcano would be... an active volcano. Motors whir, the engine's heat spikes, the boy's cheeks glow nearly red, and his mouth hangs open, never able to deliver its word as the intelligence behind it drives itself into a corner of self-loathing and ever-lowering self esteem. In mere seconds the once-cheerful smile will be lost forever as Daisuke successfully convinces himself he is too awful to be allowed to exist...!

"Ah. Ahhhhhhh. Aaaaah-!"

After another moment, a single syllable escapes his lips, repeated and elongated until infinity.

Is it the last product of a boy driven to despair by his own overly-rigid rules? Or perhaps the beginning of a mad cackle for he who has transcended the bounds of responsibility and embraced nihilism?

...no, it is neither; it is something far worse.

"Lexieeeeeeeeee."

A childish pout.

"You were teasing me by sneaking up like that, weren't you-?"

A computer may have been stuck in such a logic error forever. But Daisuke is a young soul with a heart, so the impossible is made possible by the feelings swelling up from his core. Right now that feeling is indignation, mixed with...

"Geeze..." The pout gives way to a smile and half-laugh. "If I weren't so glad to see you I might've been angry, y'know!"

Just like that, the built-up inner tension dissipates, and 'work' Daisuke shifts over to 'play' Daisuke. In this situation the responsible thing to do is be a little irresponsible, so the small boy hops up onto the ship railing, swinging his legs to and fro as he adjusts his entirely cosmetic glasses. He bunches up his legs and then hops up onto the railing itself, wobbling has he tries to stand up straight on a thin strip of metal. His attempt, while shaky, makes up for the height difference between the two, bringing the now-cheery COMP up to eye level.

"So, what's up? Didja wanna hang out, Lexie? I heard there are some limited edition games in here... we're not supposed to meddle, but the owner probably won't mind us playing around as long as we don't overwrite their save file. Or maybe Brewed Awakenings is still open. We could probably get some sweets delivered."

As Daisuke posits an idea, an odd connection forms between the half-considered sentence and what the footage had shown.

Overwritten... had his thoughts been overwritten somehow? Or perhaps just his awareness? Some sort of illusion spell or Harmonizer hack? Either way, it bore investigation.

"Or, if you want, we can take a walk through the woods. Something weird popped up on the footage and I was thinking of having a look. Whatever is fun, I'm up for it!"

Actually... isn't he a being a bit too irresponsible, now? Or is he simply taking Lexie's advice to heart?

Young COMPs can be rather unbalanced...

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior, Why Must We Suffer So
    ??? ~ Morning

This is not fine.--- This is not fine.

First of all, that blasted thing had touched him... and the mere thought made Blaise feel unclean, unholy even. A cat's paws were one thing, but this thing... it wasn't merely a cat. It was a feline queen of ridiculous delusions of grandeur, a "吾輩は猫である" in a manner unheard of in modern times. Honestly, the mere fact that it existed made Blaise feel a sense of repulsion, like looking at someone desperate enough to use voice changer in an internet chat-room to appear as a woman. Someone completely inconsequential, but who still tried to be important. A former main character who had been demoted into a bit part......

... In other words, someone who should be dealt with immediately instead of letting them run amok!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuriko
    "It's so... Ugly... Cute... Ah, the worst... It's really the worst..."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Worst Thing Ever
    "NYA! An impossible bloodlust-?!"
    --- And it seemed like Blaise wasn't the only one who felt that way!

Though, right now, it seemed that Yuriko was having some sort of inner battle that didn't sound all that good! After all, she had mentioned the word "cute" when it came to this beast. "Cute"? How could anything find something as pathetic as it "cute"? Either that was a form of twisted perversions that should have stayed hidden, or then it was that thing... the thing that high school girls were raving about every now and then... "uglycute", as they put it. Something so hideous it crosses the line again.

No.

Blaise couldn't allow the accursed cat to be it.

He needed to do something... and fast!

"------ Nnnnn!"

And that's why he sprung into action!

While Yuriko was fuming, while the man was brooding, while the cat was gloating, Blaise made his move. The blue flames that had been spouting from between his teeth flared up, and in a moment, he had spat out a gout of flame that was directed towards his feet. At the same time, he tried his best to twist his lips so that the fire in question would form into a ball around his right foot... foot that was currently going forward with an incredible speed - incredible speed that was directed straight towards a single target.

A cat-sized target.

A haughty target spouting nonsense.

In other words...

"--- This cannot continue!" Blaise roared, letting his base instincts take over for a moment.

And like, if his father was guiding his foot...

... Blaise Pendragon tried to punt the cat with a flame-covered limb into the horizon!

Amamiya Sho
    Xanadu Laboratories ~ Aoyama
    ??? - Noon

"..."

So this is what locking yourself at home for too long does to you. That said, despite the unnecessary sinister setting that absolutely ruins the ambiance, I fail to see anything wrong with this sort of behavior. A lot of things on display manage to draw my interest and I do spend some time pondering the nature and purpose of some liquids and gadgets. Though I have never been granted enough time to bolster my scientific skills, I did have the desire to become one during my childhood, right before that wish was displaced by the dream to become a talented spirit tamer. So you can say that, while the owner of this place and I might have some differences, I can actually appreciate the time and effort she puts into it.

It goes without saying that the biggest difference is that this Claire person appears to be filthy rich, while I am submerged in debt. But that's a CEO for you, they probably did something to earn their place. As a average dropout tamer, I can only watch from the sidelines. Yes, if I put it that way, then all envy will be immediately purged from my mind...

"... Ibaraki's kid..."

I repeat those words to myself, somewhat sucker punched by both her sudden appearance and her words, combined with her matter-of-factly attitude. Because, when she says it like that, it almost sounds like she sees me as either Ibaraki Sensei's son or Ibaraki Sensei's possession, and I am not sure which of the two options is the least scary.

Taking one deep breath, I recover my composure and reaffirm my stance.

I also allow Kyp to leave its hiding spot and climb up to my shoulder.

"In the flesh. I've come to deliver a package, as requested. You must be Claire Mongeau, I presume...?"

I won't lie.

I am three times as slow as your average tamer. As a consequence, I have to be pay at least three times more attention to my surroundings to pick up incoming attacks in time.

So the fact that this person managed to sneak up on me so easily is a testament of her own abilities. For a workaholic shut-in, this person is sharper than I expected, I can see that in her piercing eyes. While she may be a coffee-addict just like the rest of them, I feel like coming into this room has been just another step of her methodical plan set in motion.

Then, it is only to be expected from me to be overcome by the urge to oppose this person in some way, perhaps to avoid feeling like a lost adventurer wandering unarmed into a giant's den.

"And is that so...? Your hearing must be really good then, since I barely made a sound. With the cackle of lightning above and that mad laughter in the background, I expected whatever noise I made to be masked. You sure there is not another security system that you aren't letting on...?"

I mean, this place is huge and I found no obstacles or resistance up to this point. Someone who loves their work enough to treasure its fruits wouldn't leave such place unprotected. So she either was hiding in the darkness the whole time or anticipated my arrival in some way. Admittedly, with how dim-lighted this laboratory is, the use of cameras not equipped with a night-vision feature might be a total waste, though...

"In any case, I ain't going to hand over anything until you show me a solid proof of your identity. I sure as hell haven't seen your face before and I sure don't want to handle some world-ending blueprints to the wrong mad scientist in the neighborhood."
    Last edited by hero; February 22nd, 2020 at 11:12 AM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Amamiya Sho
    Xanadu Laboratories ~ Aoyama
    ??? - Noon

"Security system? Of course there is, but using it wasn't necessary."

A frank person...

While you had gone out of your way to -once again- oppose one that comes across as 'superior' or having some sort of 'agenda,' the woman simply responds to your words with a frankness that is almost refreshing, namely-

"An alchemist's lab is their castle, if I couldn't tell something had changed in it, no matter how slight, I would be an unworthy owner of it."

-she just says something like that without the slightest bit of hesitation, in other words, she's the sort of person that just says the truth without worrying too much about it, that, or she's just a really natural liar, either way...

"Besides, the laughter is coming from some demons... They like this sort of ambiance in my experience, but I'm not so trusting as to not keep at least an ear on what they're doing in here, although the current experiment is one that takes some time..."

...She also tells you the origin of the laughter, namely, it seems that there are demons inside of the hole in the ceiling for some reason...

Of course, she doesn't explain what she means by an experiment, but considering the rights demons possess, the fact that they seem to be having fun with whatever it is, and how public an entity Xanadu Labs is, it can't be anything particularly unethical...

Right?

It's a thought that naturally appears, but...

"Ah! There it is!"

...It seems that something you had done, or rather, Kyp slowly coming out of it's usual hiding space, had lit a sudden fire in her eyes that hadn't been there before, enough of one that she seems to disregard your request for identification as she takes three strides towards the small demon-!

"An incomplete species-! I've yet to see one myself until now-!"

---Is that a compliment?

It's hard to say...

Considering the fact that the fact Kyp exists at all is testament to your skill as a Summoner, it is certainly a rare being, but only in the sense that most Tamers aren't so poor at summoning as to pull one out incomplete, really, it might actually be harder to mess it up than it is to just do it...

Really...

It could be called the worst sort of rare, still-!

"May I hold it?! I've always been curious about the physical composition, how it can be fixed-! Oh, there's so much that could potentially be learned here-!"

...There's an almost manic energy to that question...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Cave Interior, Why Must We Suffer So
    ??? ~ Morning

"NYA! What are you doing?! Attacking mid-monologue is forbidden! Forbidden! Talking is a free action, nya!"

---It continues to screech nonsense not just at you, but at the world itself; indeed, such is it's nature, it is an entity that does not belong within the confines of reality, therefore it is only natural that it holds a viewpoint that can only be called "alien" to your much more sensible thoughts.

Therefore you do not listen to it.

Yes.

Charging forward with reckless abandon, much like your father would do in his youth, the foot that appears to do the world a favor and eject the unholy abomination from it's surface is one filled with the Pendragon Family desire for the world to simply make sense... Of course, it is within the nature of the supernatural to attract the supernatural, thus, it's a family desire that has been doomed from the start, even so...

There are times when lines must be drawn in the sand, where the strange becomes too strange, too strange even for the strange world that you loved, thus-!

You strike.

With a kick covered in flames, from the strength of your righteous soul, you strike and-!

-----Before the impact.

-------------The world tears apart a bit at the edges.

-----------------Again like an old CRT television set, like the onset of static, or the flickering of some sort of supernatural phenomena, but-!

"Cheaters who break the flow of the genre must be punished-! Prepare yourself, reflection of the idiot lion-!"

....More than all of that, a certain other phenomena has taken hold of your body, namely:

You are moving a bit slower than you usually are (mostly because your body doesn't seem to feel very lively even as your mind starts ripping itself apart) yes, if you had to put an exact quantity on it...

About half as fast as normal?

Like a villainess releasing her true power for the first time, as if smugly screaming that the "last exchange didn't mean anything, nya!" the weird, cat, abomination thing lets out a power that feels a bit like Spirit Power, and that sort-of Spirit Power, that definitely foreign Reiki gets pumped into a device she should not have, a tool of this world that should not be used by those not of this world, but that has now generated some twisted form of auto-skill that seems designed to punish those who can't help but go fast-?!

Or something like that, punishing pure speedsters is something they teach in even the basic Tamer Academy's, so it's not an exactly unheard of skill, still-

-moving with remarkable speed, able to react to your surprise attack because of her bizarre Bounded Field, the cat seems determined to go for an exchange of blows again rather than get out of the way-!

Considering she had only scratched you the first time, it's a trade you're pretty willing to make, considering you don't really have the time to withdraw your own attack anyway at this point, but-!

This time...

It just seems to take the attack.

Yes.

Take it.

Right to the face.

Without bothering to dodge (and showing a remarkable amount of strength considering she doesn't move either) she attack in the exact same way as last time, thus you move to avoid it in the same way, body twisting so that it will only graze you (and leave another bizarrely itchy wound) but-

-this time, when it touches you, there's a sound like shattering glass, like some other part of reality had just broken into pieces, and...

You go flying for some reason?

Normally this would be fine.

Any good Tamer-level battle has someone go flying an absurd distance away at some point, it's just part of Tamer life, walk it off like they always do, but-

"Bye-bye! Nyahahahaha!"

-when you hit one of the houses around the area your momentum does not stop, no, you bounce off the surface of that house and go flying in another direction like your body had just been transformed into some sort of humanoid pinball, a fate that is repeated a good two or three more times off of various other houses before you realize it might not actually stop on it's own, and as that thought is going through your mind-

"COME MY CATS! THE WORLD HAS THROWN THE FIRST PUNCH, LET US FINISH THESE CHILDREN SO WE MAY INVADE IN EARNEST, NYA-!"

-more cats begin to emerge from the many houses, which causes Yuriko to charge the nearest one with a bizarre smile on her face...

Yes...

This seems to be escalating quite quickly for some reason?!

An Abomination

Name: It's an inside joke. (Probably the moon?)
    Class: I wish I knew
    COMP Type: Weapon - Kazu
    COMP Ability: Imogirisou - Makes the wounds dealt by the weapon itch? More information pending! Although really, just get rid of this thing okay?

Stats

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: A

Auto Skill (?)

-That’s Cheating!-
    A field of lethargy that spreads out from Neco-Ark Princess, causing a drop in speed of the opponent’s to the point that they move much, much slower. Of course, this just makes them easier prey to the claws of the moon, making it a cheat-like skill for someone who favors melee combat.

Spells

A Cat out of Hell ~ See You Next Episode
    Element: Almighty (?!)
    A spell that isn’t actually spell, just a fancy way of dressing up a regular uppercut made with a paw that’s the enemy of the Order of Mankind and Humanity Foundation Value in some other world. Capable of destroying normal logic and mundane reality, if it connects this attack causes the opponent to shoot out upwards with magnificent speed and crash into whatever objects on the way. Each hit forces a ricochet-effect upon the target. In other words, a hit from this paw and spell makes the opponent into a momentary pinball that takes more damage the more times they hit something on their way back to the ground. Heavens may forgive normal ways of flying, but they certainly do not forgive those getting hit by such an attack that dares to call itself a spell.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Depths of a Dream
    ??? - Night

---It's the usual tactic.

Knowing the reason why someone has chosen to fight can be a powerful clue towards being able to defeat them, or being able to keep the fight from happening at all, thus, it's only natural that the use of your ESP tends to be your opening move... While it's use on others had also been the reason you had wound up in this situation in the first place it's the sort of habit that you find difficult to break, simply because the information gleaned from others thoughts is simply so valuable that it's hard to give it up, especially because it makes achieving a "good ending" for both sides so much easier...

Of course, a lot of it is also your own natural curiosity, but it was hard for you to help that too, either way-

-in this case, the result is a bit more unexpected, or perhaps...

It's simply one that was easy to forget, namely:

---That is not really Fenrir.

While certain branches of philosophy certainly might imply that those you see within dreams are 'alive,' in a sense, the reality is that most of the people or things you would see inside of the dreams of others are simply cognitive beings, in this case, the Fenrir that you see before is more akin to a shadow than anything, Adala's memory of how the "wolf had been back then," thus-

"Retain my fleeting life? Ah, I see, it is a jest from worms."

-It does not have a real mind to be read, it's thoughts are static because the dreamer themselves cannot be 'sure' of what they were thinking back then, on that fateful day where she had apparently defeated two Divine Beings entirely on her own, in many ways, the only "Real People" that could be found here are yourself and Adala; combine that with the fact that the Divine Wolf doesn't seem to take too kindly to your words as it takes in a breath -landscape shifting along with it as if the simple act of it breathing was that of a vacuum- and it doesn't seem like your usual plan is going to take you too far-!

...But that's fine.

You had accounted for this anyway, while it's movements to rise are slow, the clapping and 'come here' motions Adala is making as she talks about "taking it for a walk," are pretty much guaranteed to piss it off... It's a far cry from the stoic commander that always seemed to take everything super seriously, like -rather than seeing it as just a job- she seemed to be enjoying her powers as a superhuman to an extent, but...

Those thoughts end there, along with quite a few other things, because-

"...How amusing."

-even though there should be nothing on the other end of your telepathy, because the target is simply a dream playing a role, a voice eventually cuts through all of that static anyway, and-

-the world changes with it.

An intense sense of vertigo, as if something had just pushed you hard from behind, although training keeps you on your feet; the wind picks up, as does the snow as a casual storm becomes a blizzard-!

"...!"

Adala disappears, as does the massive wolf in the distance, something that should be unlikely if not outright impossible considering this was apparently 'her' dream; it's a scenario that screams of outside interference, of someone using some form of supernatural phenomena to mess around in the dreams of another, but-!

More importantly than that-!

Where Adala and Fenrir have both seemed to vanish from the world around you in both spirit and form, there is someone lying on the ground nearby, yes...

The figure looks like that of a woman?

She's lying on the ground -seemingly unconscious, and being rapidly buried in snow- and strangely enough...

Her body seems to be wrapped entirely in chains...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Depths of a Dream, Deeper Still
    ??? - Night

The massive divine beast rises to the challenge as the calm winds turn into a blizzard, but something strange happens alongside this.

Something that instinctively is recognized as unnatural, even for a battle against a God.

Lydia!

On it!

The winds flare up and circle around Ludwig, protecting him from the sudden blizzard that envelops him.

Personal Gale.

An autoskill of Ludwig that grants him the power to create and control strong wind currents, used now to shield him from this strange phenomena. And as the blizzard clashes with the ESPer's howling winds, all that remains in sight is a world of white snow.

Fenrir, as well as Adala, are lost within that world of white, first visually then spiritually and mentally as eventually-- the snow curtain fades to reveal a new world.

One without the Commander, the Norse godly duo she had faced before or the Karlfeldt manor looming in the far back.

All that lies here is a strange girl. A girl shackled in chains, getting buried in the snow relentlessly. A complete and utter stranger, which should be impossible to meet in a dream.

Even so... or perhaps that is precisely why-

"..."

-without a word, the shielding winds envelop the girl, softly blowing away the snow covering her -revealing brown hair that was mostly concealed- and safeguarding her from the continuous descent of crystals. While Ludwig cannot truly control the temperature of the winds, there is certainly a warmth behind that wind. A kind gesture granted to this stranger.

Wherever it was that Ludwig had been taken to, it seems unlikely that this was a part of Alexia's bonding and "punishment" excerise.

And, if this were a dream, then whose dream is it currently?

"So much for cracking Adala-chan..."

Lydia pops out, --saying some scary words-- seemingly intrigued by the sudden development yet remaining cautious.

"She doesnt smell suspicious, but considering those chains wrapped around her..."

"Yeah, but we can't really leave someone like this, no matter who they are."

"You're aware that we're in no position to do anything, right?"

"It doesn't matter, regardless of whether this is a dream or not. There's nothing wrong with showing kindness."

For a moment, the big sister AI is silent. For once she is unable to refute those words.

There are worthless things, but there are no meaningless things.

Even if its worthless to act in this dream, even if it changes nothing in reality, the actions taken in dreams still carry meaning.

"... So... she doesn't smell strange?"

"No, my nose doesn't lie. But... be careful Lud."

"Yeah, I will, thanks sis."

Fading away with a gentle smile, Lydia returns to her trusted partner.

Even though he knows that he should lessen his habit of poking in other people's minds, once again he can't help his curiosity as he sends a slight, mental poke.

If this is indeed another dream formed by someone else's power then maybe, just maybe, a connection can be formed with the dreamer. At least, that is what Ludwig thinks as he tries again to form a mental connection.

"Now then..."

Can you hear me? Are you alright?
    Last edited by Zurvan; March 13th, 2020 at 05:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

---Certainly, the relationship between Tamer and COMP A.I could be a bizarre one.

While the Tamer typically took charge when it came to interacting with the world, there were a number of cases where this wasn't the case; there are some A.I's who have been given less verbose -or even socially anxious- users and have taken to being the talker because of that, some who do it simply because their personality is a bit more pushy than their Users, but whatever the case...

Typically, the User is still the one who normally calls the final shot, so...

...Your opinion should be taken into account here right?

Rather than Camelia pushing forward and deciding it all for you in a burst of annoyance, you should absolutely have a say here right?

Right?

...With the way the conversation is flowing that doesn't seem like it'll be the case, yes, while Nanaya frantically denies the accusation of manipulation -she did seem to be a bit too earnest a person to actually do that- the violet-haired teacher's response is more of a light chuckle as she is found out... Of course, it is not like she hadn't made it obvious, but it was only because her argument was so iron-clad that it would be difficult to defy it even when it's staring you in the face...

Even so...

Throwing a conditional acceptance her way, you perhaps expect the teacher to falter in her -somewhat smug- aura, but-

"Very well, proof that we engage in legitimate club activities?"

-standing up, she walks towards the closet, disappearing inside of it without explaining herself, before reemerging from the room with something that people would have called old-fashioned even twenty years ago, namely...

It's a chalkboard.

One about as long as the teacher is tall, filled to the brim with the vague outlines of long-erased equations (amongst other indiscernible gibberish), and rolling along on wheels that audibly creak as they roll across the ground, as if desperately begging the world for some sort of oil, but...

Those cries go unheard by anyone, instead...

"Come along Nanaya, Hyakka."

...Making an odd demand, that woman...

Leaps through the chalkboard as if it was only natural for her to do so... A slight ripple appears in her passing, like that caused by a stone dropping into the depths of a pond, implying that the surface of the chalkboard itself bore similar properties to that of water, and-

"Oh, she's showing you the big one~"

-grinning now, the weirdo senpai follows along after her teacher in the exact same way...

Leaving you to stare at where they had just gone...

It is perhaps in this moment...

That you truly realize Tamer Academies are strange places indeed...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    ??? - Evening

"Well I wanted to ask you something, and going for a walk too is fine, but..."

A thoughtful face, as she stares -with remarkable intensity- at the you that had decided to jump up to be eye level with her...

Yes.

It's an expression of deep thought, as if there was something about all of this that was very important for her to work out in her head, then-

"Hmm no, it's too soon for you to be even a little bit taller than me~!"

-a light tap on the head, one that slowly -but easily- throws you off the side of the ship... Of course, it is not an attack, in reality, the one that throws you off the side of the ship is yourself because of the way she had manifested that tap on the head, namely...

It had been a light headbutt, forehead to forehead contact, a sudden lean forward that was so shocking the only thing you could do was recoil from it like the fiercest sort of blow... And in a sense, that was certainly what it was...

An "older sister" esque attack, designed to tease, but ultimately innocent, yes...

Causing you to tumble off the side of the ship is a bit mean however, thus-

"I want to remain a tall, charming onee-san for at least a bit longer, so stay short, kk?"

-she catches you -princess style- before you can actually hit the water.

---Fast.

-----She is a Tamer of course, so that sort of speed isn't impossible, but the way Lexie does things always comes across as so casual they become impressive again, because she doesn't seem to exert any actual effort when doing them-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Daisuke
    Aoyama, Lakeside (Lexie's Strong, Gallant Arms)
    ??? - Evening

"Huh-ah-!"

The introduction of one forehead to another produces, in order, a reactivation of Daisuke's recently installed blush module, and blind panic. The small boy comically flails about for a long moment, managing to stay afloat for a nearly cartoonish amount of time before the law of gravity takes effect and pulls him off the railing. If this were a manga instead of real life, the speech bubble holding his reflexive cry of "Lexieeeeeeee!" would be drooping over the edge, extending all the way to his inevitable splash into water.

Had Chris made his body watertight? Suddenly, Daisuke was much less sure than he'd have liked to be.

Fortunately, he doesn't have to find out, courtesy of a last-minute save-!

"Waaaaaaaah!"

Daisuke's grip on his savior is as tight as his below-average strength allows, much like during their battle at the aquarium. Unlike Chris, who had loosened up almost instantly despite being carried across the city, he stares apprehensively at the water, almost like... no, surely? Surely he knows how to swim, right? It couldn't be that Daisuke had never even installed a simple swimming program, right? Surely, at least, he's run simulations just in case?

...no, actually. With a User so uninterested in public places, the chance of her COMP having never been to the pool or beach or even a water park... is actually dangerously high.

Thus, Daisuke holds onto Lexie for dear life.

It's a strange sight... a girl that does everything casually, and a boy that always overdoes it.

"Alright, alright!" Panicking once more, Daisuke resorts to the only thing he can when in such a precarious position... bargaining. "I'll stay in low power mode... just don't do that again..."

Well. No, actually. This isn't even bargaining; it's surrender. The boy who could always take on his User has been completely defeated by someone he didn't expect had secretly accrued so many older sister points. Just what sort of childhood did Lexie Davis have!? Or has she just wanted a little brother all this time?! Without Chris, taking on such a bully is going to be nearly impossible... unless he finds an avenue of attack that may or may not exist.

"So um, what did you wanna ask, o-onee-chan?"

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

“I expected her to agree to my terms, but I’ll admit I didn’t think she’d be ready to take them on right here and now. Tch.”

“Umm… is this really… a good idea?”

“Yes and no.”

“Eeeh?”

“Just trust me, like I trust you. As we always have.”

“I trust you, Tsubaki.”

“And I trust you, Hana.”

A pair of smiles met each other. The tiny girl took a step toward the chalkboard, hand outstretched, fingers hovering over the surface. Just a moment before, her classmate and a teacher had disappeared into this chalkboard. Like walking through a passage of water, its surface had rippled and given way to them.

“Certainly strange. But after all that, we can’t back down.”

“That’s right. We won’t run away.”

Her fingers sunk into the chalkboard, like lowering them into a still pond. Then, as her hand disappeared entirely, she stepped forward and passed through all the way.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Aoyama Gakuen, Tokyo
    Kayo's Room ~ Night

---In the end, it's not like you could really do anything else.

With your A.I having made demands of the somewhat manipulative teacher, demands that had been met with an immediate response, the only thing that can truly be done is to take the plunge into the bizarre...

Of course, for Spirit Tamers, this is normal life.

The appearance of the bizarre is not bizarre for them, no, for the people of this world in it's entirety, for a world that had somehow come to reaccept the existence of magic without losing the world of humans too, the appearance of the bizarre is something that one must accept, for such things are no longer restricted to the worlds of fantasy or mythology, indeed...

In the new age of Magic and Science, the Magitech Era, anything was possible-!

Therefore...!

You step into the chalkboard -as antique as it was- and-

---

Hyakka Onjouji
    Seaside Motel ~ ???
    Morning (?)

Surprisingly, there is no sudden sense of acceleration upon entering the portal...

In some ways it's a bit disappointing, perhaps a part of you had expected it to be a bit similar to that old game from the early 1990s? The one your 'Onii-chan' still seemed to play from time to time? The name escaped one of you, but you were certain it involved a somewhat stocky plumber doing a series of excessive flips when traveling to worlds that existed inside the confines of paintings, but-!

There is nothing like that for you here, no...

It's simply like stepping through a door; there is no real transition period, no sense of falling down through drift-less space, the foot that had gone through the chalkboard finds solid ground on the other side, and thus you step through without any real fanfare, to find...

A roadside motel?

Or at least... That is what it seems like at a glance...

It's the sort of place that's only notable feature is how it completely fails to stand out as unique at all, you are standing in what seems to be the front lobby of a completely average roadside hotel... It's not the sort of place that's typically common in the cities of Japan, but the sort of basic, generic motel that definitely wouldn't look out of place in the countryside, of course...

Closer inspection does reveal some bizarre things, namely, there is no one behind the desk at the front counter -although a certain senpai and teacher duo are in that area- and the many papers and maps that line the walls seem to be showcasing a number of different locations, as well as being written in different languages, for instance, there was some mention of a "Sleeping Bishop" hotel in Fuyuki Japan (which sounded unfamiliar), as well as some place called the "Owl's Nest," in Washington, and even an old map for some hotel called "Moon Under Water" in a place labeled as "Tomobiki,"...

Was it a listing of hotels?

If so... That was sort of bizarre, still...

Also bizarre, behind you, through the glass doors leading to the outside, was a brightly lit morning sun...

...And the sound of waves.

Waves crashing against the shore, of course, that's only strange because there is no ocean to be seen; but it continues to make noise all the same, an ambient background sound that almost makes you feel like you're walking along a beach, and...

"Welcome to the Occult Club's pet project, the exploration and exorcism of the Seaside Motel."

...Having seen your interested gaze, the violet-haired teacher finally speaks to you in earnest, even as a certain senpai moves away down one of the halls, where -as expected- a number of rooms -guest rooms- seem to line the hall for... quite a ways...

And instead of numbers... They seem to have people's names written on them?

"Naturally, it's definitely haunted; the first floor has been mostly cleared, but there are shadows in the lower floors. I bring the club members here to train from time to time for the experience."

A pause, then...

"Kinda cool, right? It's like a little pocket dimension, a subspace... Although we won't be doing any diving into the depths today."

Discovered Dungeon: Seaside Motel-!
    Last edited by Airen; March 1st, 2020 at 11:42 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Hollow Fields, Academy
    World Designation: Revolution
    Noon, Foggy

---Push the offensive.

With no one here in any direct danger now, and your opponent seemingly stunned by your earlier reflection of it's attacks, the time to push forward to deal more serious damage to it was now-!

---Thus, you gather spirit power beneath your feet, rocketing towards your opponent with the loud crash of a shattering sound-barrier left in your wake-!

There are some dangers to this of course, as there are any means of combat, but for you this is the optimal path; while you could throw large objects and magic at it all day, the method of it's poison seemed to imply that it was using it as both a means of offense and a means of defense... While the neurotoxins did spread out from the creature they did so slowly, almost as if it was purposefully keeping the aura of 'toxic air' around itself to deter certain methods of attack, and if it was bothering to go out of it's way to do that-!

Then that was likely the method of attack you should employ-!

It's the same sort of logic as seeing an opponent use an Elemental Defense spell, it's not the sort of thing you would do unless you were trying to cover up some more drastic weakness -which is why many Tamers learn to deal with their weaknesses in other ways- thus-!

---An impact like that of kinetic impact, like a star rising from the earth to slam into a meteor.

It's a blow that shakes the air, not one affected by Agatha's strange ability, but rather the simple overwhelming strength inherent to Eva Ellet, shaking the air itself as you slam into your opponent with all the strength you can muster-!

It screeches again, that grating, bizarre sound you associate with it feeling 'pain' of being damaged in some way, but the time for empathy is long past; it's murderous intentions towards the things around it had been clear, thus, you will pummel it until it submits to you... Some people might call it a graceless way of fighting, a barbaric method in some ways, but it was certainly a human one-!

Raise your fists and defeat your opponent-!

Weapons are unnecessary, if one's body is strong enough, then the 'self' becomes the only weapon one needs-!

---The first blow leads to the air-quake, and then that air-quake...

Leads to it being 'pushed' across the sky at high speeds as it seems incapable of dealing with your overwhelming momentum... It was some sort of of bombardment type fighter, a thing that rained down damage from a distance, thus you hold onto it as it flies, your strike turning into a tackle as one hand digs into it's rough outer shell to keep it from getting away, as the other rains down blows on it that -unlike the lighting from earlier- seem to truly damage the bizarre creature, cracks of the outer carapace shattering in your hands as you hit it over and over again, electricity running through it's body along with your strikes as your combat systems kick online in an attempt to keep your opponent paralyzed from pain, then-!

Suddenly...

---The world around you shifts.

---Oxygen levels drop, as the altitude suddenly shifts from a simple two stories above a house, to somewhere in the upper atmosphere-?!

You don't see it -or even feel it- do it, but the only thing that can explain the sudden shift in the positioning of both you and it was some form of magic-! Even so, while the sudden change in your surroundings is bizarre, it doesn't change your positioning on the creature... It may have leapt up to the atmosphere for some reason, but as long as you held onto it, there was no way you were going to let it get away from you, but-!

-An overwhelming 'pulse' of it's 'strange' spiritual power mocks your sudden effort to double your grip-!

---It feels bizarre to be hit by; like a power washing over your body that sought to unmake your body, the sensation isn't just that of spirit power being released in a wave to free oneself from a grapple -a common enough technique for spirit users- but a burning sensation as something seems to strike at your very core...

But is ultimately repelled...

Or at least, you feel like it didn't manage to do whatever it had just tried to do...

Still...

Now the situation is different-!

While the pulse hadn't quite been enough to break your grip on the creature, the part of the creature you had been grasping at had shattered in your hands along with the spiritual explosion, throwing you away from it backwards, naturally, gravity takes over at this point, and...

...You start to fall.

---It's a long way down, not fatal for a Tamer, but potentially problematic in other ways, like...

...Limiting one's options in a fight.

Yes.

Vision slowing down as horizontal movement slowly begins to become vertical again, you can already feel the creature charging up some sort of spell as it's 'eye', it's 'core' follows the path of your future descent-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Beyond the silver stars

Raz fell.

Fell forever.

Was he dead?

Maybe.

He knew he was dreaming. But people often said death was like going to sleep. Maybe that was more literal then it seemed.

Would he dream forever?

Maybe.

At least...he wasn't...

...alone...

"Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Raz asked again, for the first time.

This was how now Raz knew he was dreaming. As happened frequently in dreams, he found himself endlessly repeating the same process. each time, he felt himself pushing against something a little more. What was something? Raz did not know.

"I am..." for once...something responded.

"Who are you?" Raz asked, for the first time.

"I am..me"

"I am Me...ta."

So. This was Me...ta. Meta. This was a dream. Now that he knew the answer to the question, it would never be asked again. Raz could move forward now.

It was with that thought, that the silvery darkness shifted. Changed form. It was no less black, no more bright then before, but he could see. Raz could see. The knight saw the truth of Meta.

Name:  MwFC3KV.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  13.9 KB
    What was it?! Nightmares like this could only be seen in Nightmares. No cthulhian could possibly compare to the monster that fell with Raz The brain instinctively rejected its very visage, intriniscally linked with shame, failure. But without Meta...he would be alone. And so he soldiered on in the silence of his nightmare.

"Why are you here?"

"Why are you here?" Raz asked, for the first time, trapped once more in the endless cycle of dreams.

"Why are you here?" Raz asked again, for the first time.

"Me..."

"Me...ssage"

"Me...ssage.... for....I...wren"

So Meta was to deliver a message for....I wren....Now that Raz knew this, he could move forward, even though he knew he was only moving forward into his own madness.

"What is the message?"

"What is the message?" Raz asked again.

"I...wren..."

....I CAN SEE YOU, I WREN

Name:  MwFC3KV.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  13.9 KB
    Name:  evil.png
Views: 416
Size:  96.8 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyes.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	14224

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Seaside Motel ~ ???
    Morning (?)

“Wow… it was like stepping through a normal door. Tsubaki, it was completely normal!” Somehow, the lack of flashiness to the chalkboard… travel, had excited her more than anything else could have. The small girl bounced up and down with giddiness. “I was nervous, but there was nothing to be nervous about!”

“Yes. It was pretty normal. Normal, yet definitely spectacular, just like…” the duo glanced around. In an instant they spotted the others, but they didn’t linger on them for long. Their eyes were instead drawn to… everything else. “It’s so plain, but so wrong.”

“And what is that sound outside?” Hyakka cupped a hand to her ear. “Waves? But I don’t see any water outside. That’s funny.”

“This doesn’t seem like the real world. The sound of waves, this place, could it be connected to…”

Assuming that her companion would likely talk about something she wouldn’t get, Hyakka’s crimson eyes popped back open, and the girl made her way to the desk.

“Oooh, ‘Owl’s Nest, Washington.’ That’s America, isn’t it? I’ve heard of that country!” As she walked, Hyakka found her eyes glued to the walls, and all of their contents. All the while, the AI silently mumbled to herself. “Some of these others sound Japanese… 'Fuyuki City, Tomobiki,' where are those, Tsubaki?”

“I don’t know. But I’ve decided this place is not normal. So at the very least…”

"Welcome to the Occult Club's pet project, the exploration and exorcism of the Seaside Motel."

It passes as proof of Occult Club activity.

"Naturally, it's definitely haunted; the first floor has been mostly cleared, but there are shadows in the lower floors. I bring the club members here to train from time to time for the experience. Kinda cool, right? It's like a little pocket dimension, a subspace... Although we won't be doing any diving into the depths today."

“It is very cool! But also very plain! I like it!”

Enthusiastically, Hyakka responded with what was likely the exact kind of response the older woman had wanted. An audible groan, belonging to another voice, followed shortly after.

“Yes, very impressive.” Reluctantly, the AI agreed with the sentiment of her Tamer. “So is this what the Occult Club does, exorcise ghosts in a pocket dimension after school to train? Then what about the ghost in the garden? It felt like a disaster waiting to happen. The kind of character who shows up and, with one pivotal action, flips destiny upside down and brings the designers of the world to their knees.”

“Yeah, she was really weird! But not weird in the same way I thought a ghost would be weird! She was… she was…”

“Ominous.”

“Yes, exactly!”

“So, back to my main point. Is this what you would call proof of your club’s merit?”

A hand shot upward at lightning speed.

“I also have a question! Why is it called the Seaside Motel if it’s not beside the sea?”

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Avalon, Woods ~ Path to the Akarana Residence
    Morning

"Congratulations on being an idiot by the way..."

Erika had never been the most talkative person, but the sight of your destination -a mansion out in the woods- coming to view on the horizon, seems to be the trigger that really starts the squire's digging into you, yes...

---The incident to which she is probably referring is your stunt back in the tower.

You couldn't remember much of what had happened after trying to focus energy in that strange crest, but it had apparently caused some sort of spiritual backlash in your body, and you had woken up in the hospital about two days later, your sister's -naturally retreating from the room the moment you wake up because she's a tsundere- back the first sight you had seen after coming too, along with a somewhat grumpy DTG who had apparently also been knocked out due to your connection...

Of course, waking up couldn't have come at any better time...

You had certainly seen horrors in your sleep, horrors that should not exist, and could only be dreamed up in the subconscious of a clearly crazy person, yes...

To avoid your own madness... It had been best that you wake up now, thus...

It seems you had...

As for the crest itself...

---It had been determined to be 'harmless' according to Merlin, or rather, the wizard had apparently had to clarify that it was "mostly harmless" after you had gone out of your way to provoke the strange magic; it had apparently appeared on a few of the other knights as well -ones who hadn't exploded afterwards, although you might just consider them cowards for that- but the organization was still a bit shaky on your health in particular, thus, you had only been released on a "not going to stress yourself" and "no flying" basis, and given Erika as a pseudo-bodyguard to watch out for you, after all...

You had your own investigation to work on...

Still...

Fatigued: All stats halved...

Everything sort of hurt...

"You even made Aya worry over you, moron... Or was that your plan the whole time you siscon-?!"

The nearby indignant squire doesn't help matters, and, coming over the last of the hill, a break in the trees -Liam Akarana had apparently built his home in a mansion just outside of the typical edge of town- you are finally able to see your destination clearly, and-

Down below...

---A raven haired woman with crimson eyes, carrying boxes in her hands...

Seems to look up at the two of you as you approach, and then, uncaring...

"..."

Tilts her head a bit, before walking into the mansion on her own...

Was someone...

Moving in right now?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Hyakka Onjouji
    Seaside Motel ~ ???
    Morning (?)

---A somewhat more smug smile appears on the teacher's face, as if enjoying the fact that -with the appearance of questions- she was finally being treated as a more proper "teacher."

Of course, some of those questions do not have to do with this place, but...

"The garden ghost? A bit of a weirdo, but she's pretty harmless... Lost her weapon a long time ago."

...The answer you receive to some of those questions is a big enigmatic; implying that the teacher not only knew that the ghost existed -something Nanaya senpai had seemed unsure about- but that she knew of it's nature, how it's powers worked, and that she was ultimately a "harmless" being in spite of the ominous aura she had presented to you, of course...

This implies that the teacher might know more things as well, but she moves on from the topic almost immediately, so it might be hard to go back...

"As for proof of the club's merit, well, a haunted motel is a classic right? It's quite bizarre, for instance..."

Motioning for you to follow, the teacher takes a few steps into the hallway that Nanaya had disappeared down, and-

"...This door has my name on it."

-motions to one of the many doors, all identical -except for a strange velvet one at the far end of the massive hallway- with gold-plating near the top with her name spelled out clearly in English text...

"That's creepy, right? Door's locked, there's no keyholes, nothing but ghosts and shadows here, but here it is, acting like I live here... It's an interesting phenomena, a human cognitive space potentially, although I'm not quite sure yet..."

Yes...

She seems to enjoy the teacher role, considering she's starting to use a lot of vague terms like this was a class-!

"As for the name... Well... We originally called it that because of the sound of waves here, but after we agreed upon it as a name..."

She points outside one of the nearby windows, and there, visible amidst what seems like brown desert...

Is a neon sign that reads "Seaside Motel."

"That appeared outside, so it seems like it agrees with our sentiment."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Moon Under Water ~ Island
    World Designation: [Ragnarok Retrieval Committee]
    ??? ~ ???

"Little sister?! As if-!"

Naturally, Alyx -who had acquired some sort of donut from one of the wandering waitresses- bursts into a choking fit at the brazen insinuation towards your relationship; of course she is somewhat in denial, while she is taller, more muscular, and more obviously developed, there's a certain sense of immaturity inside of the silver-haired girl that you are easily able to see, thus-!

The little sister she must be-!

Still, leaving her to choke ineffectually on the donut for now, you pose your question to Risu, who seems to be the friendlier of the two girls (and who had reacted to your question about the magic trick with a "a magician never tells~!") and who takes but a moment to think about it before answering with a warm smile, as if she had been surprised by how quickly you had caught on to all of it...

"Yes, that's technically correct... But it's an artificial world, so it's pretty concise-"

A cough from Aesop at this, as if she was offended by something, then-

"Although it's a fine world, Akio-kun is doing a good job-! Don't be so defensive Ae-chan~!"

...Cheerful to a fault, even as she confirms something that could easily shatter the bounds of what you consider to be "Reality."

A different world...

Alternate world theory was certainly something proposed as the truth in your world, the idea that the world itself was simply one of many different realities... The existence of the Demon World itself hinted at such things, although it's existence as a "Data World," something that could be conclusively determined to exist within the confines of your own, had kept such things from being decisive evidence...

Even so, magic had been capable of creating alternate spaces; rooms that are way bigger on the inside than they are on the outside, cognitive spaces where thoughts are given form due to high ghost/shadow activity, amongst other sorts of phenomena...

Really, the existence of other worlds had been all but proven, of course...

The question had arisen of how to reach them, and it is a question that might just rise to haunt you now, still...

"My friends and I were... World-travelers, I guess?"

...Risu continues cheerfully, in spite of the weight of her statements.

"We were looking for someone from our home, thought she got lost out somewhere you wouldn't normally look, and well, while we were looking for her... We ran into a place that was having some trouble -that mud world you guys were in- and a friend of mine decided to make this space to help them escape it, so here we are-! It's sort of like a temporary shelter I guess? A pocket world inside a world?"

A sigh, as a bit of the energy in her words evaporates a bit...

"Although, we don't really have an endgame... Sort of just biding our time until we can figure out what to do about it-!"

...Nevertheless, she seems to re-energize herself just as fast-!

"Although, we were a bit surprised to find someone new back there... We evacuated that world ages ago... What were you two doing there?"

A good question!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai