Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten of Them Countdown

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ten of Them

As promised, guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Skies

The piercing shriek of a falcon cut the fresh, crisp air of October. It was one of those days that made everyone appreciate autumn colors to their fullest, as watching the yellow foliage, with a hint of red here and there, was a pleasant past time those caught in the hurry of everyday life. However, not everyone was running in this hamster wheel of society, and those individuals could spend their days surrounded by this magnificent show of nature.

One of these people was Wilhelmina Blauberg – a second year student at the Tudor Boarding School, located on the small Tudor Island, just off the coast of Norfolk, Great-Britain.

Wilhelmina had been outside most of the day, seeing that the day promised a refreshing weather and the aforementioned grand display of nature. It was Sunday, so there was no school today; something which she was glad of. After all, she was not the type who could simply sit behind her desk in the classroom, obediently taking in all the information that was fed to her.

“You’re a leader, Wilhelmina. Always remember that.”

Those were the words of her late grandfather, and at the same time, those were the words she had lived by her whole seventeen years of life. There had been many hard things she had had to overcome in order to get to this point, but here she was: One of the top students of the Tudor Boarding School, and definitely the type of person who would one day take a firm grip of the company that had been left behind by her grandfather.

---------------------- But for now, she did not have to worry about such things. After all, here, in this school, she could afford to be a girl of her age, if just for few more years.

The falcon that had been circling in the skies began to descend once it saw that Wilhelmina raised her hand. With a swift movement, the beautiful bird of prey landed on it’s owner’s leather gauntlet. Falco Peregrinus, or a Peregrine Falcon, gazed at Wilhelmina with it’s curious, black eyes. The blue eyes of Wilhelmina stared back at the bird, and there seemed to be some kind of wordless communication, almost like magic, happening between them.

“Good girl, Stuka”, Wilhelmina complimented the girl with her low, husky voice, and gave some beef heart to it, as a sort of prize, even though tonight’s flight had yielded no actual rewards. After the bird had swallowed, she put on the hood that covered the bird’s eyes, and thus, would keep it in a calm state. “That was an amazing flight. We will continue tomorrow.”

There were those in the school who would have been surprised to see how gently she acted towards the animal. After all, Wilhelmina Blauberg was infamous for being somewhat ruthless amongst humans. Some said that she mimicked her falcon too much in that aspect, while others even accused her of being more like a bird of prey than her pet was. In any event, she did nothing to prevent those claims. After all, they were pretty much true. There were few people who she deemed as a worthy company, and as for the rest of them…

Well. Better to say nothing, if you have nothing good to say.

Speaking of other people…

“Oh? Were the one I see any other person than you, Wilhelmina Blauberg, I would say: What a surprise to see someone here. However, the case being that it is you…” a new voice, female voice, said from behind Wilhelmina. “I think I shall just refrain from any comments that could be taken the wrong way.”

This girl, dressed in the Tudor Boarding School’s uniform just like Wilhelmina, was a single year above her. That was clear from the necktie she wore, as it was of the color of the third year students. However, even without that, Wilhelmina would have known this girl to be her senior. After all, she knew this girl, more or less.

“Hanna Svartlik…and what would you require of me? I don’t expect a person like you to have so much free time as to watch how other people spend their Sunday”, Wilhelmina asked with clear lack of friendliness her voice. She did not even try to hide it.”Going straight to the point would be most preferable.”

Hanna Svartlik let her hand run through her black hair. Unlike Wilhelmina’s short, blue hair, this girl kept hers long and flowing. It was almost like a symbolic cape that dragged behind her, when looked in a certain, twisted way.

Hearing the words, Hanna smiled unpleasantly.

“Really now, always jumping to such accusations”, Hanna said, trying to sound genuinely offended, and failing miserably. “But…….I guess you’re right. There is little something, and that little something is the reason I searched you out. I would have something you’d need to take care of.”

--------- “Take care of”. Whatever was hidden behind those words remained as a secret, as Wilhelmina simply, after a long, uncomfortable silence, nodded her head once. Surprisingly, the silence was awkward only for Wilhelmina herself; the one who had made it happen in the first place.

“I see”, she replied, her voice betraying no emotion. “In that case, I guess it cannot be helped.”

“Exactly. It cannot be helped”, Hanna answered with narrowed eyes. “Like you know very well, in your case, it can never be helped.”

Was she insulting her, or was there something else she meant by those words? Wilhelmina’s expression did not change, but one could sense that some feeling long since restrained was moving, trashing about behind her eyes. Yet her cool, cold exterior kept that raging emotion under control.

“Here.” Hanna gave her a small, folded piece of paper, that had been cleanly ripped from a normal notebook. Without even looking at it, Wilhelmina stuffed it into her pocket. “Be sure to read that tonight. After all, another week starts tomorrow, and we don’t want to be too caught up in our time in school, don’t we?”

“Of course not”, came the stoic reply.

Seeing that there was really nothing more to talk about, Hanna lowered her head a little in a sign of farewell, and turned around on her heels, walking away from the field. In the distance, where she headed, the castle-like mansion that was Tudor Boarding School loomed like some kind of giant from the local folklore.

The day was not fresh and crispy anymore. The autumn colors seemed dull as the grey sky above her. Now the oppressive air seemed to push down on Wilhelmina, and she eyed the light mist that surrounded the island with suspicion. In her current mood, she felt that the foolish tales that Helena Rosalund kept spreading, the ones about that big dog with flaming eyes, could have very well been real…

--------------- The uneasy feeling of being observed from the forest is what finally pushed Wilhelmina to make a decision.

“Let’s go inside, Stuka”, she muttered, hurried towards the school building herself. After all, there was not a single person on this island that felt quite content when moving about alone.

This was, after all, the Tudor Island. Often also known as the “Haunted Island of Norfolk”. But besides ghosts, there were many other things that Wilhelmina Blauberg found unpleasant on this shut-off piece of land.

And one of them was that unnerving feeling she had in her heart.

Could it be?

Would you believe?

Tell me…

Is she a murderer?

NINE ARE LEFT
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; August 7th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

No, it can't be.
    I refuse to believe it.

---SHE IS NOT A MURDERER-!
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    No, it can't be.
    I refuse to believe it.

---SHE IS NOT A MURDERER-!
    Disregard him, he's swimming in a river in Egypt.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Blog Entries
    Yellow Sun

“Hey, hey, did you hear……..?”

“That’s right, it was Lemonfield’s family…”

“That’s disgusting, isn’t it?? I mean, to think that…”

“Eww! How horrible!”

“How can she walk with her nose so high even after…”

“People like them should just die, hahahahahahaha~!”

These were the kind of words and sentences Alice Lemonfield had to hear every day when she entered the dining hall, stepped into the classroom, or walked on the corridors of the dormitory floor. It was not something that rare to her anymore, to be honest. In fact, the sneering voices and gleeful faces of the other students had become such a normal occurrence to her, that she automatically ignored whatever they whispered.

But it did not mean that those words did not hurt her.

Even right now, when she sat on one of the long, wooden tables laid out in the dining hall, she had to block out the whispers of the group of four girls near her. Alice had chosen the spot at the other end of the table just for the fact that at least that way, she would not be in the crossfire of those insolent, rude gazes.

Those damn plebeians…………who do they think they are!? I am the sole heir of the esteemed Lemonfield family, which has strong connections to the royal family of Great-Britain! In fact, a hint of the royal blood runs even today in my blood! These lowlifes are nothing more than sons and daughters of second-class aristocrats and business-tycoons. They have no right to judge me with their backgrounds!

---------------- That was what she wanted to shout out to the whole dining hall. But refrained from doing so.

Instead, she brought the spoon to her mouth, and carefully tasted the soup that had been prepared as the main dish of today. The burning sensation on the tip of her tongue and her lips told her that it was far too hot to be eaten right away, and thus, she lowered the spoon back to the edge of the plate. Leaning her head on her hands, she opted to look from the window to the beautiful scenery of autumn colors outside. October was rolling along just fine, and little by little, the students started to get anxious, mostly because of the winter vacation, and the chance to go back home for few weeks.

But Alice knew that such joy would not be waiting for her.

Papa is too busy dealing with the press, and mother…well, although she might recover from the shock and get admitted out of that sanatorium, I don’t think her pride will be as lucky. Looks like I’ll be spending yet another year here in Tudor Island.

The thought of spending yet another winter here, in this cold and unfriendly place, filled her with gloom. After all, during the winter vacation, the yearly blizzard usually settled in, making it impossible to travel between the mainland and the island but during the very rare instances of days with clear skies.

I kind of hope that Mina stays here for Christmas too.

After that thought, she immediately felt guilty. She knew that Mina did not have the best situation at home either, but still, home was always home, no? Anyone who went to school on the Tudor Island would be overjoyed to find out that they were able to go home for a short while.

“Hoi Alice! Good morning!”

Turning her gaze back to the present, Alice found a cheerful face of a white-haired youth staring at her. Well, perhaps she was in no position to call Klara “youth”. After all, she was a year older than her. In any event, the girl in a maid-uniform was energetic and active enough to make anyone feel old and weary.

“…Morning”, Alice replied in a rather grumpy tone. “What is with the sudden “jump-to-my-face” greeting?”

“What do you mean? This is just my usual expression” Klara tilted her head, in a way that forced Alice to give up. There was no way one could argue with this person, at least when the subject was something as trivial like this. “So, so? Have you heard?”

“Heard what?” Alice asked, narrowing her eyes. She gave a meaningful glance at the students around them. “How they talk about me? How could I not hear it? Especially with that person fanning the flames, like some kind of smith forging a sword of slander.”

A light pan of sadness flashed on Klara’s face, but soon enough, she was grinning from ear to ear.

“No, no~” she waved her finger, in a way that began to annoy Alice greatly. The only reason that stopped her from swatting that hand away was that doing so, she would have looked like a cat, unable to resist a fast-moving thing. “I overheard two girls talking with each other this morning. And you know what? The other one said she had spotted a big, big shadow moving about the edges of the forest in northern part of the island. However, according to the girl, the shadow had disappeared into the mist before she could make out what it was.”

------------- Alice could not help but to frown at how inappropriate rumor it was.

“And you think it’s that……dog or whatever that occult-maniac has been going on about for a while, now?” she asked, even though she didn’t really want to know.

“That’s right~”, Klara giggled, and winked an eye at Alice. “If that big down decided to attack a lone student on a nightly walk outside, even a Iron Princess like you, Alice, would be eaten with a single bite.”

Alice snickered sarcastically, and tapped her tight, as if reminding Klara of something, or someone, who was not there at the moment. A dangerous glint had appeared to the girl’s blue eyes.

“Do not worry. Some mutt will find out that it would be the last mistake to attack me while I have Arondight with me”, Alice snickered in a way that sent a certain chill done Klara’s spine. “So ghost-stories or not, you do not have to worry about me.”

Klara stood there in a moment of silence…………before looking at Alice with a disturbingly serious look on her face.

“Alice. Don’t be stupid. No matter what kind of a human, supernatural is something we just cannot compete with. That’s why I try to stay out of it, and shut my ears from such rumors. I don’t want to end up like Miss Rosalund”, the maid spoke in a monotone. “So I’d suggest you’d take care too. This island is an unfortunate place enough even without you doing something reckless. So, even if these people keep playing with the festering corpse that is your family, ignore it.”

Crash! The glass of water fell to the floor and broke in to small pieces as Alice lung forward towards Klara, trying to catch slender neck of the girl between her fingers. Although it might have not been obvious because of her stature, Alice actually had quite a fearsome grip.

However, with a simple step back, Klara was able to avoid that hand. After all, there was a big, wooden table between her and the younger girl.

“You get what I’m saying, right? So try to behave ♫”, Klara simply said, unfazed by the sudden burst of anger, or the violent expression on the blonde girl’s face. And with that, the maid left, like nothing had ever happened.

Like a marionette with its strings cut, Alice slumped back to her chair. The whispering around her had grown even wilder, as a lot of people had seen what had happened between her and Klara. Grinding her teeth together, Alice brought some soup to her mouth with the spoon, and swallowed the stuff, not caring even if it burnt her mouth.

That bitch…!

And it was not just Klara.

Every single one of them. Every single student and teacher on this god-forsaken island. Every one of them…

At times like these, Alice just wanted to smash all their faces in.

Could it be?

Would you believe?

Tell me…

Is she a murderer?

EIGHT ARE LEFT

Blog Entries
    It's... Almost too easy to believe she is a murderer, given that she has a grudge aganist everyone. However, I don't think that if the chance arrived she would kill someone.

So I'll say no.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    It's... Almost too easy to believe she is a murderer, given that she has a grudge aganist everyone. However, I don't think that if the chance arrived she would kill someone.

So I'll say no.
    Trying to find the good in everyone is obviously clouding his judgement.

I say yes.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    ...this has captured my interests.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    White Clouds

One of the morning chores of the maids of Tudor Boarding School is to collect the dirty laundry from the laundry baskets at the dormitory floor, and then proceed to the basement, where she can put them in the huge, old washing machine which has, since the opening of the school, reminded the students of Margaret Thatcher.

As the “Iron Lady” had been put running with it’s insides full of stained uniforms and what-not, the maid who was in charge of that said task could have her first breather in the morning. Preparing the classrooms for the day’s lectures, helping in the kitchen and finally the laundry…there was lot to do for the maids of Tudor Boarding School. Even if one was basically a part-timer like Klara van Witmeer, small moments of rest like this were much appreciated.

“Still, to think I have to attend a class in about twenty minutes……such a waste”, Klara sighed, gazing outside from the small window at the upmost part of the wall. “Maid or a student, that damn principal should decide one or the other…”

------------- Well, it was not like she could do much to complain. The school paid her up-keeping if she helped around as a maid, and she certainly did not have it as hard as the actual employees here. But still, it was part of her role as the young, orphaned rebel demanded for such thoughts.

Young, orphaned rebel…? Oh, that sounds kinda cool, actually. I like it!

Snickering to herself, Klara laid her eyes upon the basket of already clean laundry that someone had forgotten in the basement. That maid would hear from it for weeks, first from the Head House Maid, and then from all the others, who would be having fun at her expense. However, although the thought sent a giggle up her throat, Klara found herself instead staring at the basket of laundry.

“Red, huh…?” Klara muttered as she looked at the uniforms. “I’d like to see them once in that color, with my own eyes…”

This strange, yet slightly melancholic wish was something she was ashamed of immediately afterwards. It was not like being color blind was a tragedy of any sort. She knew that there were lot of people with far more serious problems than hers……and yet, she found herself being selfish.

“Not good, I’m descending into my thoughts again…!” Klara shook her head forcefully, and slapped her cheeks. “Better get going! The class starts soon, anyways.”

With that, she made up her mind, and headed straight to the big and heavy metal door that acted as the barrier between the large basement and the school itself. The door was actually remnants from the World War II, when the basement of the school had acted as a bomb shelter. Klara sometimes wondered why on earth would they build a bomb shelter in such a remote boarding school, but then again, it was well-known fact that only the rich attended this school. Maybe all those big-wigs wanted to make sure their kids were offered the best possible protection.

As she placed both of her hands on the door and pushed slightly, Klara was quick to stop when she heard two voices muttering outside. Two girls to be exact. And from the sound of it, they were students, not maids. There was no reason for the students to be there, so why? Klara leaned in a bit closer, so she could listen to what the girls were saying.

“Ehhh, are you serious? Someone lives here? You’re joking, right?” A voice filled with disbelief asked.

“It’s true, completely true!” The other girl said with a forceful tone. “And let me tell you, not just that. It’s not even a maid who lives here! They say that it is actually a student!”

“Now you’re making fool of me! How could a student live in a filthy place like this??”

“I’m not sure, but whoever does so, must be some kind of weirdo, right??”

“Right! Hahahahaha~!”

“Ahahahahaha!”

Oh, just go and laugh, you vultures. It’s’ all your filthy mouths are ever going to be good for!

As Klara sneaked a peek at the two students who were heading back up, she made sure to press every feature in them to her mind, so she could easily recognize them later on. Well, it was not really that she needed to. After all, she had already realized who these two were. Both were first year students, green and full of themselves, thinking that they were the new big bosses of this school.

With a cold smile on her face, Klara pressed her forehead against the metal door, cooling her thoughts.

I already gathered from yesterday’s rumors that the girl on the right is not actually as rich as she tries to make it seem. Their family has been in some money-troubles recently, after all. And the one on the left is actually a child from the mistress of her father, and the actual wife was forced to adopt her. In other words, both are like time-bombs ticking.

“Now, if all these rumors were spread as a “fact”, I wonder…...how long would it take before they could show themselves in front of anyone again?” Klara asked while smiling unpleasantly.

That smile told that she knew exactly what would happen when she would release such information. After all, once before, she herself had had to experience the exact same fate.

It had not been until last spring that she could have remained composed whenever meeting with the girl who had caused it all.

And even now, it made her clench her fist in anger.

Could it be?

Would you believe?

Tell me…

Is she a murderer?

SEVEN ARE LEFT

Blog Entries
    I always find people suspicious who have a plausible reason to be anywhere, and tend to fade into the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Klara has a good cover in case she wanted to murder someone, so I say yes.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Klara has a good cover in case she wanted to murder someone, so I say yes.
    I agree with him but disagree with reasoning.

...so in short, yes.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

The last chapter... I say no. Again.

The second one... I can't tell, I'll leave my answer for another time.

Also note the theme every chapter title follows. Maybe the clouds are just standing in our way to see the truth?
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Derp, of course the maid would be White, why did I not see that yesterday. I'd caught the reference, but maybe Yellow not being military-related (as far as I can tell) threw me off.

So will these all be students, or is Purple/Violet a teacher of some kind?

Blog Entries
    Oh Hyarion.

You were the first to realize it.

Blog Entries
    Is he now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Yeah, not necessarily. I doubt I was the only one.

I mean, I did see it yesterday, but didn't bother posting until I could come up with a better quip than "It's Blauberg, with the Revolver, in the Headmaster's Office."

Blog Entries
    Kukukuku~

I look around and they are all idiots.
    I come to Beast Lair and they are genious!

And yet we still don't know how Alpha escaped Grill 13 without exiting it.