Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was your favourite real life hero integrated into Fate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'm referring specifically to how Drona outright sabotaged those who might rival Arjuna, such as Ekalavya and Karna. He had the former cut off his thumb and refused to teach the latter, and it was because he promised Arjuna the latter would be the best. Also, Arjuna did throw a hissy fit when Karna was equalling him in their first contest.
    lowly peasants don't deserve best archer title desu

anyways, idk what you're talking about, from what i remember Karna failed miserably at that syamvar

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I definitely remember him matching Arjuna trick-for-trick until the last one, and then everyone mocked him for daring to compete against a kahatriya as a charioteer's son, with the exception of Duryodhana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    i know. it's just that there's a debate among mahabharata enthusiast, especially between Arjuna gang and Karna gang; whether Karna just fail or that Karna was denied recognition.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    The only heroes I really liked as a kid were Heracles (thanks disney) and Odysseus (thanks weird art teacher in elementary school), and I love Fate Herc. So I’m good, unless Odysseus really shits the bed.

But when it comes to representation for my country though, fucking lol. Two lostbelts happening in neighbor countries, one of them having history of war and annexing shenanigans with us, and all I got was 33% of a pseudoservant, and thats being generous.

US Friend Code
    Honestly, "misused" heroes like Boudica and similar will mostly be a case of there just being no way around the story in question not focusing on them. They're just side-characters in a visual novel-lite that up until near the end of Part 1 didn't have much space to share with anyone who wasn't a protagonist. Going back to Boudica, I always wonder like, what did people expect from that context anyway, I get if the criticism is her interlude (although I don't care since it's just a joke and I enjoyed it since I'm a bad person), but there's just no way to work into Boudica's dark side properly if the story is not about her.

Same with heroes in similar situations in FGO, imo anyway.

that aside, my personal irl hero would be Da Vinci and I really love his depiction in FGO so far

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention that my own "hero" growing up was Arsène Lupin and I hope that if he ever does get in then he'll be done justice.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I forgot to mention that my own "hero" growing up was Arsène Lupin and I hope that if he ever does get in then he'll be done justice.
    A heist-themed event could be pretty dope.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    We just had a mystery tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's why... you'll never see it cooooooming!!

Ahh...I'll leave now.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

You'll see, that my mind is too fast for eyes!!!
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    A mystery isn't a heist, get your eyes checked, old man.

I'm talking about a heist pulled off by Chaldea itself. An opportunity to let our phantom thief flag fly.

Bonus points if one of the major opponents is a Holmes that isn't Chaldea's.

- - - Updated - - -

It's already IC for us to want goodies anyway, might as well indulge and Ocean's 11 this bitch
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; April 23rd, 2019 at 04:31 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasilhaven View Post
    I wonder do you have your favourite servant from your country or from a different country in Fate?
    No, and I doubt they ever will, either they're not from the more widespread sagas, or there are other, much more famous characters already representing the sagas in which they do appear.
    When it comes to my second- and third-favourite heroes, though, I really can't complain.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancelot is in and he's great.

Anyone from my country though? lol

Amakusa portraied as the villain of the story was really a bad choice

I wonder do you have your favourite servant from your country or from a different country in Fate?
    (From Italy)

Rome People are good (well Caesar aside with the nonsense story "I'm not good as Saber", but at least he's funny)
    Requiem now has Borgias so let's see

Hopes in a future Garibaldi, He was the man who unified Italy

Cavour did more work than Garibaldi, at least on the political front.

JP Friend Code
    Still waiting for Wu Kong.

Fukasawa's fellow worshipper xClamintus's Avatar
    Nope, I don't see Stilicho anywhere in the Nasuverse. ...does Nasu even know him?

Oh right, as a buddhist I think I can "enjoy" servants related to buddhism

Gautama Buddha - He's like an house ornament, but It's coherent (for some extent) with the historical figure. The skeletal body is more a cliché but I like a lot his chara deisgn (luckily is not a genderbend like in the concept artworks).

Tamamo No Mae - She's an original interpretation of Vairocana Buddha, I like the "I am aware of literally everything so I act as I want" thing

Kiara - Very very very interesting, Sex and Buddhism can be related a lot, how she is near to be a Buddha but also so far proves that Nasu has dig well in buddhism

Kama/Mara - How to put an average Hindu Deity and the motherfucking Mara from buddhism together? I like the idea, less the character

Xuanzang - Genderbend not explained -10 points. Also changing the character personality (historical and fictional) for the sake of ship with Wukong is a bit bitter ç_ç

Nezha - I like the cyborg idea, less (less) the design

Benkei and Baldy Bro ​- Good Boys

Iskandar (well, he's related) - I don't know why everyone loves him lol, He's ok <(''<)

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Initially, I wanted El Cid or Pelagius to enter the Nasuverse, but after FGO, I've been growing gradually more abhorrent about it and now I don't want to for fear he'll end up a Saberface or otherwise be turned into fanservice (and not even the brand of Triss Merigold-esque fanservice I dig) or butchered beyond all logic for the sake of anime.

Grand Blue/KanCole syndrome at its finest.

I still want to see either Zeus or Jesus so we get a "nukes everything" figure.

Mine is David and I love Fate's portrayal. Okeanus shows him wise regarding the Ark and how he pointed out that even if it could kill anyone, it'd be effectively useless since he theorized Heracles would be able to detect the magical energy and danger from it and wouldn't aproach what was effectively a bomb. At the same time, he was also very flirty, which I liked because it matched David's flaws. I like his powers and Noble Phantasms, all theoretically powerful if used right, but with restrictions effectively making them fair, which matches how he is supposed to be the underdog that can win in the end.

And the events portraying him greedy just made me love him more. He is an intelligent king and a warrior, but he still is pretty laidback and flawed, and is aware of his own vices. In multiple occasions showing he knows more than he lets on (such as how he said he'd fight even if the enemy is supposedly his son or ''someone impersonating him'') and at the same time keeping his calmness and having some fun.