Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Price of Victory (HP/FSN CYOA)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Mashu

Sitting beside Lockhart will attract attention of majority of people since they will be making deals or offering support for the Albion government. Lockhart will be talking with others so Shinji will be left on his own or representatives might start a conversation with him to see what he thinks of Albion government. Touko might get into argument with sister so don't want to be in that mess. Shinji can talk with Mashu during the dinner and if anything happens she can intervene.
    Last edited by Dracueri; August 20th, 2019 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Okay;

[x] Between Illya and Mashu

why?
    If the Americans, who already associate Shinji with Atlas, are to see Matou Shinji without a disguise, it makes sense for him to be sitting with their members. He's supposed to be their guest (officially) and is an operative for the faction (unofficially). Plus, it's Sokaris' side, you think he wouldn't make a show about where his allegiance lies first and foremost?

That also puts strategical distance between us and Touko (physically and metaphorically) in a subtle manner. We are technically no longer her disciple. That way we also avoid ire directed at her. "Yeah, no need to ask us to pay back some money, Aoko, 'cuz it's no longer our problem."

The Edelfelt, well, while they are mainly there to serve their own interests as mercenaries, they may leak out that Matou Shinji is alive around the Association - which in turn could reach the Einzberns. Basically it would be better if Shinji was thought to have enrolled in Atlas or be under their protection, for the sake of staying alive.

As for showing a strong support to Lockhart, I leave it to Atlas' liaison for Albion, Mashu.
    Last edited by Daiki; September 2nd, 2019 at 04:15 AM.

[x]Between Mashu and Ilya.

Either way he has thrown his lot with Sion and they represent her thus that would be where I would expect him to sit. If not there then near Lockhart. I would only sit with Touko if she considers Shinji as her apprentice, even if technically she invited him.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; August 20th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Touko

Let's totally not get involved with the sisters.

... I just want to talk to her, ok? Illya, for all her charms, doesn't interest me all that much. Interacting with Sensei is always enlightening though.

Do we even want to make overt statements of our political alignment here? I don't find the idea all that appealing.

[x] Between Illya and Mashu.

[x] Between Illya and Mashu

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 102: [x] Between Illya and Mashu.

Choice 103:
    Since some of you were curious about what kind of punishment Shinji would get for his inability to reign in Tohsaka in the presence of high government officials, here are your options, as offered by the First Citizen's Secretary.

[ ] Two days working to help with the reconstruction of Diagon Alley (without pay)
    [ ] Testing a "Kobayashi-level" Azkaban scenario, being created to train troops for an eventual invasion
    [ ] Ceding a portion of his interest in Gobcorp to the state
    [ ] Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week

[X] Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week

Blog Entries
    [x] Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 103: [x] Agree to spar against goblins-in-training for 2 hours a day, over a week

Choice 104:
    "A good choice," the secretary commented, once Shinji had made up his mind. "The Wizard-Marshal may have trained them well, but our recruits could always use the experience of facing off against those with other combat styles. After all, not everyone fights like Lord Peverell."

"I suppose we should be thankful for that, though...how much of my power would you like me to use?" Shinji questioned. "Officially, I am supposed to be hospitalized right now, and I doubt that you have too many others around capable of wielding earth and ofuda as I do."

"You might think so, but you would be wrong," Miss Suoirtsulli replied. "We do have a number of other talented individuals with unique skills, most of whom are personally loyal to the First Citizen. That said, since you plan to be around in the evening, we will mostly assign you to spar during those times."

Which made sense to him, as it wasn't as if he needed to be there to watch Tohsaka run, not while she was being monitored by others in the HQ building.

What does he want to use during his spars? (choose as many as you'd like)

[ ] His draconic powers - he needs the practice at controlling them
    [ ] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would
    [ ] Ofuda, since Potter has access to it as well
    [ ] The equipment he normally loans to Tohsaka - its not like she needs it when she runs
    [ ] The mechanical owl - Tohsaka doesn't need that while she's running either
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] His draconic powers - he needs the practice at controlling them
    [ ] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would
    [ ] Ofuda, since Potter has access to it as well
    [X] The mechanical owl - Tohsaka doesn't need that while she's running either
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; August 24th, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    [x] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would
    [x] Ofuda, since Potter has access to it as well
    [x] Wraith form (fading potion) - dealing with spirits could be helpful knowledge
    [x] The mechanical owl - Tohsaka doesn't need that while she's running either

For the training of goblins, I will skip the dragon part, they should have their own methods to deal with wyrms, since they keep some within Gringotts' cave system. I also would rather Shinji avoid killing goblins in order to control himself. Use enemies for that, if you must.

Wizard kin isn't used to fight that kind of opponents (well maybe Aurors are, but they are not on our side now) which can phase through physical obstacles or can fly around - disturbing the flow of battle, and only few spells seem to work on the likes of a poltergeist. I don't expect them to develop a way to defeat those, but a spell of binding could do the trick.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 24th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

[X] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would
    [X] Ofuda, since Potter has access to it as well

KISS. Keep It Simple, St... Shinji. Let's use the core skills we are going to rely on during this mission in character. That way, if the push ever comes to shove, we can hope to evade breaking cover almost instantly. So, no draconic powers and mechanic owls. Equipment sounds cool, but it will switch focus of Shinji's strategy. Instead of relying on caster skills, he would be easily tempted to speedblitz his opponents, - and rely on Reinforcement in general. Wrath Potions are too limited to use on repeated training actions, - and, once again, pushes the focus away from our go-to skills.

Not to mention, this combination seems the most effective for preparing Goblins for the opponents ahead. I doubt that they will need to face many flying ethereal casting enemies in this war.

All in all, it's a training, let's make it hard for Shinji.

Blog Entries
    Fine, removed wraith since it doesn't seem popular. Bit of a shame, but w/e.

Added the owl, because why not. Hope it doesn't get destroyed though.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 24th, 2019 at 01:06 AM.

[X] His draconic powers - he needs the practice at controlling them
    [X] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would

I am throwing the Mechanical Owl in cause Shinji might learn how to have Rin use it if he works with it. Plus I suspect the goblins will love the Owl.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 104: [x] His wand-staff, fighting more like a conventional practitioner of witchcraft would; [x] Ofuda, since Potter has access to it as well; [x] The mechanical owl - Tohsaka doesn't need that while she's running either

Choice 105: And how aggressive should he be?

[ ] Treat it as if it were a life or death battle. Try and take out his opponent as quickly as he can
    [ ] Be aggressive, see what kinds of abilities they can bring out if pressured
    [ ] Lull them into complacency by giving her first blood, but bring out a devastating counterattack
    [ ] Remain defensive and cautious - you don't know what tricks they have up their sleeves
    [ ] (write-in)

[x] Remain defensive and cautious - you don't know what tricks they have up their sleeves

We don't have an advantage of being physically above their level without Dragon Trigger and Reinforcement from equipment. Also, Shinji has almost no ideas of their capabilities IC (despite our suspicion of their hidden anti-draconic conceptual advantages). So better play to the strong sides of Ofuda and Transfiguration combo: battlefield control, tricks, binding and evasion. Back to basics.

This approach also guarantees that everyone will get the most experience from the prolonged training session - without being complacent about their ability ("let them draw first blood", uh-huh).
    Last edited by Malorius; August 25th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.