Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Price of Victory (HP/FSN CYOA)

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 175: [x] Arabic (Janbiya) made of Meteoric Iron
    Choice 176: [x] Fleur Delacour

Choice 177: At the reception, you have a short break from your duties due to the fact that the ceremony involves you to a degree. In this break, who will you take time to talk to beyond merely exchanging pleasantries (other than the ambassadors)? (choose up to two)

[ ] Asa Drake, a swordswoman and guest from Japan
    [ ] Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister
    [ ] Ramona Ahgeak, one of the American guests
    [ ] The Artificer
    [ ] Touko Aozaki, guest of Severus Snape
    [ ] (write-in)
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 28th, 2020 at 02:40 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] Asa Drake, a swordswoman and guest from Japan. X2
    Last edited by skulkidcachi90; January 28th, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

[x] Asa Drake, a swordswoman and guest from Japan.
    [x] Touko Aozaki, guest of Severus Snape
    [x]Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister

Edit: Decided to change my vote because of SL's sound reasoning.
    Last edited by busterman221; January 30th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.

[X] Ramona Ahgeak, one of the American guests

Check in with Ramona sounds great to me. Especially if one of our long time plans is to introduce her and the goblins together.

[X] Touko Aozaki, guest of Severus Snape

Always good to check in with our master (even if our status is currently murky). I am going to avoid talking to Saber with a hundred foot pole. This is not the time or place to try to repair our relationship with her. Not after being knighted in front of her. Just please DON'T.

Edit: Ok since no one else wants to vote for Ramona, I guess I will change my vote to something else.

[X] Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister

Keep our munkin fan happy. Even if talking to her is asking for another awkward question.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 29th, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    [x] The Artificer.

[x] Severus Snape.

*looks around*

*cannot believe his eyes*

No Gabrielle votes, huh? It's treason, then.

[x] Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister x2

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    [x]Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister

[x]Touko Aozaki, guest of Severus Snape

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Asa Drake
    Touko

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 177: [x] Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister; [x] Touko Aozaki, guest of Severus Snape

I suppose I should have expected this.

Choice 178: A question from Touko then: "So, are you actually going to spend time learning to use a sword now, or is that going to be no more than a glorified paperweight?"

How does Shinji answer?

[ ] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time
    [ ] Yes - if he is going to carry a weapon, it is only wise to be able to wield it
    [ ] Only a bit - just enough that he won't hurt himself if he's forced into it

Choice 179: Gabrielle, on the other hand, asks how it feels to be a Chevalier?

[ ] The same as always - whatever he is called doesn't change what he is
    [ ] Honored - it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds
    [ ] That he particularly enjoyed that it was Fleur who knighted him
    [ ] (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

[ ] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time

[ ] The same as always - whatever he is called doesn't change what he is

[X] Only a bit - just enough that he won't hurt himself if he's forced into it

Focus our lion share of effort on magic. What we should focus on in weapons is polearms in general so that we can learn to use our Scythe but whatever melee weapon we want to use we need to focus on it and stop bouncing around. So I am going to go with Polearms/staff for now. But at least get so we don't hurt Shinji when/if he swings a sword. After all its doesn't hurt to know the basics of a tool that on your toolbelt. And the sword is just another tool at best for us. Not a main focus.

On little training versus no training, what is the point of the sidearm we just picked if we go with No training here option? Sword/dagger are basically similar training. You basically need to know something about how to use them so we might as well learn the basics. If you learn nothing about how to use them then stop wearing/picking this stuff.

Seriously we are on THE SAME PAGE as that pick for the dagger...

We do however need to seriously a lasting choice with where we are going with weapons and Stick to that Plan (TM). Are we going swords? Are we going staff/polearm? Are we going no weapon (training) at all? Pick one category of weapons and stick to it for the rest of the year/series. End stop.

[X] The same as always - whatever he is called doesn't change what he is

It is nice to be recognized but I think we need Shinji to admit that this award does not change who he is. Shinji has learned in his week of thinking that HE defines himself as well as by the actions he makes, not by what others say you are OR think that you are.

Him being called a knight does not make him a knight. Him being considered to be a knight does not make him a knight. He needs to tell Gabby that as a teaching moment.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 1st, 2020 at 07:27 PM.

[x]Only a bit-just enough that he won't hurt himself if he's forced into it

[x]​Honored-it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds

[x] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time

Sword? Definitely not. It's a waste of time indeed, since I see no plausible reason we will choose a sword over the dagger at our belt (which we already know bare basics of too), - if the worst comes to worst and we get caught in a complete Anti-magic field equivalent wearing only trashy parade uniform equipment, or something like that.

If the choice was about daggers, it would have been more reasonable to go for it. But seeing how even that is not exactly our necessary weapon spec (that being polearm/scythe wielding), spending actions on sword only because it fullfills some wish for a fantasy mage-warrior archetype... I can't perceive this as a good decision.

[x] Honored - it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds

I know detachment is more of a cool and hence expected option from our "Everything-for-Sion" character. Still, I think its ok to show more of a humane side from time to time. It is better for creating and reinforcing bonds as well, so.

Blog Entries
    [x] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time.

We haven't even bothered with staff/polearm/scythe training at this point. If we gotta train at something extra, it should be our main weapon.

[x] Honored - it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds.

I'm going to consider that one here as it allows Shinji to display the real him, rather than the idealized version that Gabrielle might think he is.

Plus, it comes at a decent point to give him the morale boost he needs to take on the Rin situation and what awaits ahead. Also, I think the option of saying "it's no big deal" kind of dismiss the whole efforts put in the ceremony and all by the French. They might not take it well if you tell them that in public, at the very least.

edit: Hm, it's rare I align with Malorius.
    Last edited by Daiki; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:06 AM.

[x] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time

[x] Honored - it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 178: [X] No - he has enough other things to do, learning how to use a sword is a waste of time

-5 Reputation with Saber

Choice 179: [X] Honored - it is...pleasant to be given recognition for his deeds

Choice 180:
    One final choice for the evening then. For the last dance of the evening, who will be Shinji's companion?

[ ] Luna Lovegood
    [ ] Fleur Delacour
    [ ] Pansy Parkinson
    [ ] Liliana Spencer-Moon
    [ ] Someone Else (write-in)

[X] Luna Lovegood

While it would be nice to talk to the other choices here, it is another thing for the last dance to be with them. Or any one else we can think of.

Seriously I would think it horrible for us to vote anyone other than Luna. End stop. (No matter how Gabrielle might campaign for Fleur here)

===

Saber points, they come and they go...

and go

and go so more
    Last edited by Skull Leader; February 8th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.

Luna Lovegood

Blog Entries
    [x] Luna Lovegood.

[x] Luna Lovegood.