Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21262930313233 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 641

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Price of Victory (HP/FSN CYOA)

  1. #601
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,458
    [x]Ask Weiss advice in order to look like a proper squad leader-Maybe she can give advice about dressing code for important events and meetings

    [X] France - their security detail is led by Rachelle Lestrange, and he has worked with her before

    No real preference here but figured that one would be the most amusing. Japan would be showing favoritism given his background. No one is going to question if Shinji works with France given his background with their Ambassador.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 19th, 2020 at 08:42 PM.

  2. #602
    [x] Ask Weiss advice in order to look like a proper squad leader - Maybe she can give advice about dressing code for important events and meetings.

    [x] Whichever is fine.

    I have no preference here. All can work.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 19th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #603
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    958
    [ ] ...over a short chat about their (unclassified) operational history

    [ ] America - from what he knows of them, they are rather professional and he is familiar with their equipment

  4. #604
    [x] Invite Vier-san to eat some quality Kamibuta Special while they are available.
    [X] France - their security detail is led by Rachelle Lestrange, and he has worked with her before

  5. #605
    [x]Ask Weiss advice in order to look like a proper squad leader-Maybe she can give advice about dressing code for important events and meetings

    [x]​America-from what he knows of them, they are rather professional and he is familiar with their equipment
    Last edited by Dracueri; January 19th, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

  6. #606
    [x] ...by doing a training scenario together, so he can see how she operates

    Learning by an experience and flashes of insight has clearly worked for Shinji better than through discussions.

    [x] France - their security detail is led by Rachelle Lestrange, and he has worked with her before

    I have a nefarious hidden agenda, and I'm assured that this is the pathway to reach it.

  7. #607
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,270
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 172: [x]Ask Weiss advice in order to look like a proper squad leader-Maybe she can give advice about dressing code for important events and meetings

    Choice 173: [x] France - their security detail is led by Rachelle Lestrange, and he has worked with her before




    Choice 174:
    To say that Matou Shinji had questions about his latest assignment was a bit of an understatement. So too was the fact that he had questions about why Tomas had ask him to work under a girl who looked years younger than him - like a first year at Hogwarts, at best.

    At the same time, this Weiss(?) Viersechs(?) was the Wizard-Marshal (of Albion)'s secretary, and he'd never known the automaton based on Lord Voldemort to make decisions due to sentiment, so he presumed she had to be relatively competent in...whatever it was she did. That, and if Miss Suoirtsulli was any example, Viersechs was likely an extremely terrifying individual when her temper rose.

    'Not that she looks dangerous, with how she got rice on the side of her mouth from how greedily she is scarfing down that risotto...'

    He couldn't blame her for that, since his own stomach had let out a rather loud gurgle when a box was placed in front of him, reminding him that he hadn't yet eaten, and as he had learned, one ate when one could. Hunger was the enemy, as much as boredom, lack of discipline, or...actual foes to fight.

    So instead, he turned to Tomas, who was eating at a rather more sedate pace, showing that he clearly wasn't one to miss many meals.

    (Though...did automatons even really need to eat? He knew that the puppet did eat sometimes, but whether it was out of necessity, habit, or to better fit in with those around him was a different question entirely.)

    "You said something about an ALF stronghold in the north?" he asked. This was the first he'd heard of any such thing, though he supposed that Lockhart hadn't deemed it necessary for him to know. "Do you mean...near Hogsmeade?"

    "Yes, to prevent any large-scale attempts to break out of Hogsmeade and its immediate surroundings in the wake of the WADA incident," was the answer. "Their current defenses mean that no one can apparate into Hogsmeade or the area around it. We have done them the favor of making sure no one can use magical means to leave, whether by apparition, portkey, Floo, or broom."

    "Broom?" Shinji questioned. "What, does this stronghold shoot fliers down with lightning or something?"

    Tomas snorted.

    "Nothing so pedestrian," the Wizard Marshal replied. "It jams the charms brooms and other means of magical transport need to function."

    "What if they try to leave on foot?" the boy asked. "You can't exactly stop that with magic." He paused. "Well, not without being terribly indiscriminate about it and probably breaking the Statute of Secrecy."

    "True, which is why it is a stronghold," the automaton answered with a very thin smile. "There will be a rather substantial ALF presence there, so we can intercept any such breakout attempt. We would of course welcome defectors, but....such will be more difficult due to the loyalty oath the Minster had his forces swear. Pity that."

    "You want any fighting to be as far from London as possible," the boy realized. "Or Lockhart does, anyway?"

    "Wouldn't you, if part of your platform was how you kept the people of London safe?"

    "...fair point," Shinji allowed. "And you sent Viersechs to supervise its construction, instead of going yourself?"

    "There were arrangements to be made in the south and assurances to be given, especially in the wake of the raid on WADA," the automaton replied. "I cannot be everywhere - hence I sent my secretary."

    Shinji glanced over at the girl, who had by now finished her food.

    "You have a question for me, Commander?"

    "How did you do it, out of curiosity?" he asked. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I think anyone the Wizard Marshal chooses must be competent, but you don't look like--"

    "--someone the goblins would obey?" she asked idly.

    "Well, yes," Shinji admitted. "I know they don't much like practitioners of witchcraft, and no matter how skilled you are..." He didn't outright say that she looked like a first year, but...

    "They respect strength," came the reply. "And a willingness to meet them on their own terms. That is, weapon to weapon."

    "You fought them?"

    "When I first took command, I set aside time for those who wished to challenge me to do so. After I bested them - without use the of magic - they were rather more cooperative."

    "Huh." Shinji's eyebrows rose at that statement. "I thought the goblins quite skilled when it came to using the weapons they make and carry."

    "They are, but there is a difference between those who carry weapons and those who are weapons," the girl responded softly, looking the boy over. "Speaking of which, for the upcoming assignment, we need to get you a weapon."


    "A weapon?" Shinji echoed. "You mean, not just a wand?"

    "Yes. For a formal event like this one, you will need a ceremonial weapon."

    "You mean...like a sword?" the boy asked, vaguely remembering how military dress uniforms often came with a blade of some kind.

    "Yes, or some other wand-blade," Viersechs answered. "Given that the majority of Albion's military are goblins, all of whom have some sort of weapon training, the weapons that are paired with ALF dress uniforms can be customized somewhat according to one's preferences. I see no reason why this would not extend to those issued to the Home Guard."

    Given this, what kind of wand-blade would Shinji like?

    [ ] A scythe
    [ ] A pair of daggers
    [ ] A katana

    [ ] A khopesh
    [ ] Something else (write-in)
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  8. #608
    [x] A dagger

    Shinji cannot wield weapons nowadays. Even his Art of Movement is gone.
    Anything else would be simply pretentious.

  9. #609
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    958
    [ ] A scythe

  10. #610
    [x] A pair of daggers

    I'll take the enchanted / cursed / ritual / ceremonial / runic / (whatever else attribute they could have) daggers I guess. Something to deal with people who can bypass his staff range and allows to work in a more stealthy way is always welcome.

    I have no real preference though. As long as it's practical or makes sense here.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 24th, 2020 at 03:23 PM.

  11. #611
    [x] A pair of daggers

    Even though I would still like the scythe, I guess it would send the wrong image. And daggers are easier to conceal.

  12. #612
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,458
    [x] A pair of daggers

    Not my first pick. But its small and a good sidearm without going overboard. I will just sit here crying over the missed "cooler" exotic weapons.

  13. #613
    The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,270
    US Friend Code
    042446355
    Blog Entries
    25
    Choice 174: [x] A pair of daggers




    Choice 175:
    Right then, a pair of daggers it is.

    A) What material should they be made out of?

    [ ] Goblin silver
    [ ] Acromantula fangs
    [ ] Alchemical silver
    [ ] Meteoric Iron
    [ ] Japanese steel folded a thousand times
    [ ] Mithril - No, that would break the budget
    [ ] (write-in)

    B) What style will these daggers be in?

    [ ] Japanese (tanto)
    [ ] Arabic (Janbiya)
    [ ] Scottish (dirk)
    [ ] Philippines (Kalis)
    [ ] "European" (misericorde)


    Choice 176: We are quickly closing in on the reception, with only a few more choices till we arrive at that momentous occasion. And momentous it promises to be, given that the evening will include things such as Albion being formally recognized as replacing the British Ministry in the ICW, Hogwarts having its ICW certification suspended until the end of hostilities, and a number of formalities wherein Albion will formally establish friendly relations with Japan, the USA, the Nordic Pact, and France. As part of this, Shinji is to be inducted into France's "Order of the Lake" as a Chevalier.

    As is tradition, part of the ceremony for the induction of a Chevalier involves a more senior female member of the order (a "Lady of the Lake") knighting a new member, giving them the kiss of anointment, and presenting them with a sword patterned after the legendary weapon of Lancelot du Lac and the insignia of the order.

    As fortune would have it, there are two candidates qualified to serve as Shinji's Lady of the Lake, and so, he must choose who it is he wishes to confer upon him these honors and anoint him as a Chevalier. Choose one

    [ ] Rachelle Lestrange
    [ ] Fleur Delacour
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 24th, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

  14. #614
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Skull Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,458
    [X] Japanese steel folded a thousand times
    [X] Scottish (dirk)


    Is there better magical picks? Sure.

    But I like how this Combo has great symbolism between the two worlds Shinji lives in. A scottish knife of utilitarian purpose that became an honorblade that just as important to the Scottish as say the katana was to Japan. Only made of japanese material. Two worlds, one dagger. It fits so well I am just going to forget about the more fun materials.

    [X] Fleur Delacour

    This is just a preference so I feel like there is no point arguing the merits of the two picks.

  15. #615
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    958
    [ ] Goblin silver


    [ ] Japanese (tanto)

    [ ] Fleur Delacour

  16. #616
    [x] Meteoric Iron

    Wanna be special

    [x] Arabic (Janbiya)

    Design is cool.

    [x] Rachelle Lestrange.

  17. #617
    [x]Alchemical silver

    [x]Scottish(dirk)

    [x]Fleur Delacour

    Going to be taking break with Rachelle later and if he received a kiss from her he will be absent minded

  18. #618
    死徒 Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    958
    [x] Meteoric Iron


    [x] Arabic (Janbiya)

    Change my vote.

  19. #619
    [x] Arabic (Janbiya) made of Meteoric Iron

    It's the coolest combo imo.

    [x] Rachelle Lestrange.

  20. #620
    [x] Japanese steel folded a thousand times

    I choose an mystery box. Who knows, maybe we can gain a minion later from it. Probably not, but its better than wasting money and effort on the weapons we don't intend to use anyway.

    [x] "European" (misericorde)

    The only sensible one. Even if we only intend to ever use it as a well decorated toothpick, yes.

    [x] Fleur Delacour

    The promised Imouto interactions. They are closer than ever. Gabrielle will have a screentime, damn it.
    Last edited by Malorius; January 28th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •