Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019 ANIMU Season - They're summer blockbusters of a sort, alright. Also, it's hot as balls. Crank that AC up.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Tfw no muvluv in SRW
    Well...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Just monkey paw my shit up fam.

Fire Force Episode 2: Maki beat Shinra and Arthur so easily... That poor girl lost both her parents to spontaneous combustion, that's so sad. It must be horrible to live in constant fear of erupting into flames.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I was expecting Arthur's sword to talk with Koyasu voice, instead I got Bobobo reference.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Symphogear XV: UNLIMITED BUDGET WORKS! The traditional concert scene was even more bombastic than GX's, the DMJii are as gay IN SYNC as ever, we got a fabulous (and slightly lewd) Kirika transformation... oh and plot wise S1 totally came knocking, but it's fine, everything's gonna be fine...

>those last two minutes
    everything is not gonna be fine.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Lord El Melloi 2's Case Files: Short, but sweet. Came out feeling rushed, but they made extensive use of body language to show what they didn't tell, which bodes very well for the rest of the show (which will hopefully flow much more organically). Gray is supposed to be Saber's lookalike , but with the grey hair and yellow eyes she really rocked a Saber Alter look for a few scenes. I like it! Add needs to snark more, though.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bem was alright. Some bad CG in the transformation scenes and they really want to get the most out of that Bridge model they made, but Training Day with demons is interesting, I just wish the MC had something more effective to do than stand around in shock at supernatural bullshit.

Let's Player Isekai was a really weird show, but not in the way Sarazanmai was. Everything is explained, it just doesn't make any sense why it's happening. I really hope it's supposed to be a comedy, because I was laughing at the sheer absurdity.

Given let's my inner music nerd out, so I'll keep up on it for a bit.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Genome isn't an isekai. They're clearly kidnapped and taken to their location to recreate the game in real life.
    If that's isekai. BTOOM (another "players get kidnapped and forced to recreate the game in real life with real people" show) would be isekai. Everything tells me it's still the real world. And any explanations for the weird bullshit (which is suppossed to be weird, and isn't hadwaved as "fantasy world magic") would be explained as the LPers find out the hidden truth about their situation
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Skyscraper-sized pandas, human-sized rats, and ghosts are not fantasy?
    I agree it isn't isekai genre, but it is certainly doing plenty of handwaving magic and fantasy... even ignoring the nano-tech and such that doesn't seem to match the "real world" part's tech level.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Skyscraper-sized pandas, human-sized rats, and ghosts are not fantasy?
    I agree it isn't isekai genre, but it is certainly doing plenty of handwaving magic and fantasy... even ignoring the nano-tech and such that doesn't seem to match the "real world" part's tech level.
    My point is that they aren't saying this is a 100% fantasy world, as modern LPs, livestreams and general technology levels still apply. The fantasy stuff is obviously the kind of think that will recieve a (bad or good) explanation in the grand finale in the manga when the cast finds out what's going on.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Arifureta has loli vamp. Good choice on my part. Wait, is Nohime supposed to be a trap, in all possible meanings of the word, in Wakaki Nobunaga? If so, I might drop the anime.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    young Nobunaga: lol they gender bent Nobu's wife.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I literally just said that. Guess that I'm dropping it. Well, at least, HenSuki is at the loli episode, and of course, Arifureta loli vamp.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    HenSuki ep. 2 was very k_hand:.

Cop Craft still retains its position as my AOTS, though Machikado Mazoku is up there.

Case Files too, I suppose, although that has its own dedicated thread here on this Type-Moon forum, so it feels weird to lump it in with the rest of the seasonal stuff.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Cop Craft 2: I'm just not feeling it. The ingredients are there, the intent is there, but the anime just isn't flowing properly. The dialogue is a major offender here, since it seems to be rushing so fast through the requisite characterisation the actual characters come across as schizophrenics- Kei taunts, or maybe seriously belittles, Tilarna asking if she wasn't paid to obstruct the investigation, then five seconds later wonders why they're pulling their weapons on one another when they're on the same side-, but the sequence of scenes doesn't help either. Tilarna is supposed to come across as "naive, but competent" but since her niche of competence doesn't come up anywhere she just comes across as naive (and needlessly preachy, since the same rush apparently precludes her explaining the setting's magic as more than "magic is magic!").

I'm gonna keep watching, but my hopes are going down.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Bem was alright. Some bad CG in the transformation scenes and they really want to get the most out of that Bridge model they made, but Training Day with demons is interesting, I just wish the MC had something more effective to do than stand around in shock at supernatural bullshit.

Let's Player Isekai was a really weird show, but not in the way Sarazanmai was. Everything is explained, it just doesn't make any sense why it's happening. I really hope it's supposed to be a comedy, because I was laughing at the sheer absurdity.

Given let's my inner music nerd out, so I'll keep up on it for a bit.
    like mayoiga?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A little bit. Mixed with Dangan Ronpa, too.

My thing is that I don't know if it's intentional or not. I don't think anyone could watch episode 2 and think anyone is taking this seriously, yet it's anime so who actually knows?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Arifureta was better this week. I can't help but smile at the earnest chuuniness behind Hajime's every move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, who do y'all think the traitor is in Astra Lost In Space? Anime only viewers please, as I don't want spoilers. Yun-Hua and Ulgar are the obvious suspects with how aloof and antisocial they've been acting, but they're probably red herrings. Charce seems like the too-perfect pretty boy type who often turns out to be the traitor in stories like this (Animegataris even parodied this with its Nakano character). He's my first guess.

My second guess is Luca. I don't really have any strong evidence it's him, but by process of elimination he's the only other one out of the group who could be the traitor. Kanata's the MC, and we've been in his head for most of the show, so he can't be. Aries was stranded outside the ship, so she couldn't have sabotaged the communicators. Zack revealed the sabotage in the first place, which wouldn't make any sense if he'd done it. We've gotten Quitterie's backstory and point of view in the second episode, so she's an unlikely suspect. Funicia is just a little kid, so it's obviously unlikely for her to be the traitor.

That only leaves Luca. Unlike the other likely suspects he doesn't fit any obvious trope of a traitor, so it'd be a really surprising and cool twist if he were revealed to be the one.

Plus, Luca was the one who first approached the sphere in the first episode, which (if he was the traitor) could be explained as him pretending it was harmless to deliberately lure the other kids in closer. He also still had his helmet on, even though no one knew the sphere would dump them into deep space at that point. Maybe he knew already?

I admit it's a bit of a stretch, but that's kind of why I'm guessing him. He's the least likely suspect who could still feasibly be the traitor.

Any thoughts?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My guess is they'll pull a Dangan Ronpa and have the traitor be someone else entirely hiding away on the ship.

Each episode/ new world will probably be a spotlight for all the less developed characters, bu the end no one will have reason to be the villain so someone out of nowhere will appear.