Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019 ANIMU Season - They're summer blockbusters of a sort, alright. Also, it's hot as balls. Crank that AC up.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    My guess is they'll pull a Dangan Ronpa and have the traitor be someone else entirely hiding away on the ship.

Each episode/ new world will probably be a spotlight for all the less developed characters, bu the end no one will have reason to be the villain so someone out of nowhere will appear.
    That'd be the most disappointing option, but you're right it is a possibility. Though, wouldn't Zack have detected someone with the scanners if there was a hypothetical 10th person stowing away onboard? It's also possible that someone broke the communication system shortly before the kids arrived and then fled the ship, though that begs the question where s/he would go.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Stone, MD is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Latest episode of Danmachi: Honestly, if I were Bell, I'd do the same trick as Chen Yulou did in Candle in the Tomb: Wrath of Time (look it up on YouTube) and pretend to completely surrender to Apollo just to physically get close enough to slit his throat. Given the movie, he's god-slain before. Sure, the circumstances were different, but still.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 19th, 2019 at 07:12 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    About this week's Kimetsu no Yaiba, as expected, shows about vampire (or oni, demon, whatever) hunters really aren't for me. I much prefer those stories told from the nightspawn's point of view with them winning (Overlord, obviously). I felt worse about Ms. Spider dying than any of the hunters. After all, the hunters just showed up hilariously unprepared, like these morons: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Eridor As with Apocrypha Jeanne, "mercy kill of light", like other worthless paladin (like D&D, not Charlemagne) sophistry, is a detestable thing, as well. All in all, I'm dropping the series.

Blog Entries
    I figured you would once you found out that KnY oni are basically all just Muzan’s victims and that none of them actually like their situation once they’re made aware of it

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Which is just another variant of "oh, my eternal life sucks". Honesty, how about trying that kind of D&D paladin sophistry on the living? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Final_Resting Ha, final resting. It sounds like a cliche quest title for killing some undead, but it's more amusing when you realize that the person who you are sending to their "final resting" has a pulse. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:H...umnus%27s_Will

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    The Paladin Code is a fine way to live a life if you could actually manage it, its only issue is that it's mostly unattainable for anyone but a true Saint. Which is why actively striving for Good in a morally myopic universe is the very essence of Paladinhood.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I meant the part about the whole "killing is good, if we're doing so to put them out of their misery, but apparently, that only applies to the undead" nonsense. It's refreshing to apply that on the living.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Well they're killing undead who kill dozens to hundreds of people, so yes it's good
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Which is just another variant of "oh, my eternal life sucks". Honesty, how about trying that kind of D&D paladin sophistry on the living? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Final_Resting Ha, final resting. It sounds like a cliche quest title for killing some undead, but it's more amusing when you realize that the person who you are sending to their "final resting" has a pulse. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:H...umnus%27s_Will
    because that's not what mangaka is trying to do?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I meant the part about the whole "killing is good, if we're doing so to put them out of their misery, but apparently, that only applies to the undead" nonsense. It's refreshing to apply that on the living.
    Well, the living aren't usually in a misery that requires putting them out of?
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Well, the living aren't usually in a misery that requires putting them out of?
    Maybe, but did you read that will I posted? Oftentimes, D&D paladins and other undead hunters will say some nonsense that all undead are suffering, but some just don't know it. SW Kojiro applies that logic to the living:

Blog Entries
    Plenty of people do, putting down the genocidal nutjob with a sad past is like a super common trope in fiction, D&D paladins aren’t the be-all end-all
    Hell as of 4e/5e the rules pretty much give you free reign to make a lawful evil blood knight paladin if that’s what tickles your fancy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, my D&D rules are pretty outdated... Also, this reminds that people were saying that Fate Kojiro isn't neutral evil enough. I say, look at the SW one.

Maybe, but did you read that will I posted? Oftentimes, D&D paladins and other undead hunters will say some nonsense that all undead are suffering, but some just don't know it. SW Kojiro applies that logic to the living:
    Being undead is unnatural, so yes, it's always bad whether you've come to like it (or even did it on purpose) or not. In D&D specifically Undead are almost universally Evil, for example (with like one exception I can think of which was limited to AD&D as far as I know), regardless of their alignment in life. LIVING people aren't an offense against natural order, so "kill'em all and let God sort'em out" is a decidedly un-Paladin-like attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Plenty of people do, putting down the genocidal nutjob with a sad past is like a super common trope in fiction, D&D paladins aren’t the be-all end-all
    Hell as of 4e/5e the rules pretty much give you free reign to make a lawful evil blood knight paladin if that’s what tickles your fancy
    Calling 5e's divine caster/warrior class a "Paladin" is an insult to Paladins. Only like two of its five subclasses are actually Paladins, the others being more like reflavored Ranger, Batman, and edgy fanfic OC.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I just saw Knights of Zodiac.

Oh man I don't know how this can generate so much hate. I'm also a fan of SS and I actually liked it. Yes it have parts that need more cohesion but overall was pretty entertaining.

The problem seems to be that "This isn't the same story so is bad". Fucking serious guys? I actually aprecciate this for have their own story instead of a mediocre exact same retelling of the original that actually is impossible recreate in this age with the restriccions of content and the type of animation. But why the hate then? is not the same with Dororo? is because Dororo is relatively obscure while SS is worldwide? If I ever want going to have a "faithful" retelling of the story I'm better go back to the original anime, yeah, that with violence, weird fillers, Arles, Docrates, Shiryu chopping Shura arm and that. Yeah, but we can have that now, so better is a new story.

So, this are my comments about some parts the episodes:

Spoiler:

For starters as I said the story is different from the beginning with some plot points the same.

Seems Cosmo is kinda like mutant power so Seiya awaken it for acccident. Even so it requires training for common use.

The plot of the orphans of Kiddo is dropped at the most aside of Seiya.

The rebellion of Saga is different. Here in fact the Sanctuary know that Saori is Athena, but a dark prophecy of somewhere says that Athena will lose in the next battle with Hades and Poseidon and the humanity would be fucked so they decided "fuck Athena we the Saints win ourselves". If the prophecy is true or not is still to be know but for Aiolos sacrifice is probably Saga fucking.

When Seiya wins the Pegasus Cloth the Pope (Saga?) basically say him "don't use the cloth for personal gain or we'll be in your ass. This is specially important as the Galaxian Wars are a undeground tournament in a bunker in the middle of some dessert instead of fucking stupidly televised.

Due to the number of episodes to working the Galaxian Wars are super short: no hugging battle, here Gekki is one-shotted for Seiya.

Hyoga is more like his manga self where he is send by the Sanctuary to kill Saori and the rest but Saori basically convinces him that she is right. Here seems Hyoga orbit between the Edgy and the conceited one of the group.

The Seiya vs Shiryu battle is BY NO MEANS as good as the original and is impossible to make something of the same caliber in this age. Is good even so, with all and the weakness of the Dragon and the revive punch.

Dohko isn't purple.

Shun/Shawn is a girl yeah. Shawn is cute, aside of that there isn't really notable changes in her personality, aside that maybe she is not SO reluctant to fight until shit hit the fan.

For example if my memory works I remember the original anime Galaxian Wars as:
    Jabu: Common faggot I'm gonna punch you.
    Shun: Dude, I seriously don't want to fight you. I'm going to hurt you and feels bad. But if I don't have another option...

while here is:
    Shawn: Dude, give up I don't like to fight.
    Jabu: Come on bitch I'm gonna beat you.
    Shawn: Men, I tried. you ask for it.

Without the plot of the Foundation Kiddo, here Shawn was simply bullied and Ikki taugh her to make a defensive fight because she doesn't like to fight.
    This is important, the female Saints with mask plot point is dropped. Shaina uses a kind of tribal make-up maybe for the lulz and the only one with mask is Marin maybe because here she actually is Seika so is only for mistery.

I mentioned that Shawn is cute?

The enemy of the first part is a evil general that was friend of Mitsumasa Kiddo and was there when Aoilos die and give baby Athena and the Gold Cloth to kiddo, he took an arm of the Saggitarius Gold Cloth. He want to prove that the humans can win against the gods without Athena help and try to kill Saori using military and tech (he probably doesn't know he can't do jackshit against a massive flood or a evil eclipse but who can?).

The current Bronze Saints power is downgrade to the point that actually struggle against the military. Maybe the difference in ranks are a big gap in here as it seems for the flashback of Ikki where Shaka appears and seems pretty godly.

The story of Ikki training is basically the same. On the other hand Esmeralda is actually a blonde Shawn so with the current situation is...weird.

Oh, by the way this throws a bit of light in Guilthy as Esmeralda says that he wasn't always a piece of shit and one day someone appeared and after that he wore the mask and become like that. I always though that Guilthy was a waste of a interesting character.

This flashback is seem because unwittingly comically Ikki throws Genmma Ken and Hyoga reflect it with ice without even try it.

The Black Saints are a creation of the general using as a base the arm of the Gold Cloth kinda like the Steel Saints but this is actually Techno Magic.

Cassius is a Black Saint and Seiya and him basically end in a draw. The rest pretty much are overwhelmed by the Black Saints until Shawn figures his weakness. A damn clearly visible device instaled in the napes. Not evil counterpart of the Bronzes, but Cassius can use Black Meteors but without poison. Not Black Dragon damn.
    Ikki is defeat almost the same as the anime/manga.

This first 6 episodes end with the appearance of Misty so I hoping for more.

OP is pretty good even if irkme a bit Pegasus Destiny. Maybe they couldn't pay for it?

ED is freaking awesome.

I want to be honest with you, I have a interest in watch the rest of the story in this format, so I'm supporting. You know I have give up in Kurumada so if he doesn't give us Olympus Saga, maybe this can?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Isekai MILF has a cockblock skill, good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Cop Craft, episode 3: I Have No Idea What The Fuck

Okay, so remember last episode when I said they were rushing through characterisation and I figured maybe they really wanted to hurry up and get to the plot? Well, this episode just accelerated through the entire second half of a twelve episode anime in under twenty minutes (speaking of which, if they're so pressed for time why on Earth are they repeating the opening narration about the city? I can understand it as setting element/callback to the '80's cop shows this is parodying, but not when the actual episodes are suffering like this). Not just the plot and the characters, either, the animation itself is very obviously suffering from lack of time devoted, to the point of inserting stills in action sequences rather than animating them-and a shame it is, too, considering the choreography is actually pretty good.

Conclusion: This train is heading full speed towards a cliff, but I can't help but keep watching. Tilarna remains cute (though I really wish they stopped the loli teasing) and the opening is still colourful and fun. We will always have that, at least.

P.S. I only just realised the episode titles are songs after the 4th episode preview and I feel bad.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 22nd, 2019 at 04:17 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I'm still enjoying it and I expected much worse given the director and studio. This is improvement for them, which is always nice to see. Definitely better than Berserk 2016 (same director and studio), and Ulysses Jeanne D'Arc (different studio but same director). But I can see why you're complaining. I was just sharing my own views, not trying to say you were wrong or anything
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Being undead is unnatural, so yes, it's always bad whether you've come to like it (or even did it on purpose) or not. In D&D specifically Undead are almost universally Evil, for example (with like one exception I can think of which was limited to AD&D as far as I know), regardless of their alignment in life. LIVING people aren't an offense against natural order, so "kill'em all and let God sort'em out" is a decidedly un-Paladin-like attitude.
    That's why this person and his related quest are so refreshing. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Hirrus_Clutumnus In fact, his dying quote, "Peace at last. Thank you! Thank you..." would be the most painfully cliche line, if spoken by an undead. Fortunately, the person speaking it had a pulse.
    Calling 5e's divine caster/warrior class a "Paladin" is an insult to Paladins. Only like two of its five subclasses are actually Paladins, the others being more like reflavored Ranger, Batman, and edgy fanfic OC.
    So my D&D quotes weren't outdated, after all?
    though I really wish they stopped the loli teasing
    Stop teasing and show directly.