Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019 ANIMU Season - They're summer blockbusters of a sort, alright. Also, it's hot as balls. Crank that AC up.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Cop Craft was alright. Feels like a buddy cop story, like magical Rush Hour.

Arifureta: What the hell was that? Even discounting the super EDGE, that episodes timeline seems like it was chopped to hell all for the sake of a few action scenes, because they knew if they tried to do things in a sane order people would be bored out of there mind before anything happened. Why was everything so dark? I couldn't see a thing for most of the fight scenes except the one place they should have hid it, at one bridge scene where the CG was worse than Overlord S3's climax.
    They want to cover the bad CG and action direction that's why it's dark
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Wow the opening for Ariffureta is absolute garbage from a visual stand point.

After finishing the whole episode, the animation is also terrible. Also whoever thought it was a good idea to have the narrative jump between the the various time points instead of just doing it chronologically should be kicked in the shins.

Cop Craft: Concept seems weird like that Will Smith and Orc cop movie but could probably be some fun if it embraces absurdity like Double Decker did.
    Last edited by Solomos; July 9th, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Cop Craft is AOTS so far.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HenSuki has lolis. That's the only reason that I'm watching. Annoyingly, last season's Nobunaga-sensei had more focus on the big boobs and the trap (or whatever the politically correct term is, nowadays). The appeal of Maou-sama isn't so much an overpowered main character, but a "dark" one. None of that Laharl "1000 reasons not to kill humans" nonsense. Like Ainz crushing human hearts episode 1, Kunai burns villages to the ground for bullying their "Untouchable" (as per Indian caste system) girl.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 9th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Cop Craft is AOTS so far.
    That's not really saying a lot, looking at this season. I get the feeling my AOTS is just going to be the carry overs from last season: Carole and Tuesday, Fruits BAsket, and Demon Slayer.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Btw Ariffureta BD has already been announced, contain 2 episode that they don't show on tv. It looks like they just want to milk people's money with subpar TV show, already announce something like that after first episode
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Βack by popular demand Deathhappens's Avatar
    Cop Craft started strong but I'm still not sure if it's gonna be one of the best anime of the season or one of the biggest disappointments. Novelty aside, this kind of buddy movie should be built on the chemistry between the two leads and these two currently have none. The action sequences feel like there's gonna be some level of a budget, at least.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 10th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Shitty gacha games I have wasted hours of my life on

Currently playing:
    -Fate/Grand Order
    -Azur Lane
    -Girls Frontline
    -Granblue Fantasy

Dropped/on hiatus (never ever):
    -Langrisser
    -PMMM: Magia Record
    Dragalia Lost

PM if you want friend codes/fellow commiserating. Please no interventions, it's too late to save me.

Once and always and nevermore.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm limiting myself to 2 isekai per season. It's Maou and Arifureta, so no Cheat Magician for me.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

muscle anime episode 2: in case you didn't know, Genda Tesshou is official dubber of Arnold Schwarzenegger. hence commando reference.
    Family Mo-san

Party is over, but I still wanna' dance... RoydGolden's Avatar
    So I just watched the first ep of Fire Force. Holy crap, those fire effects are amazing. The plot and characters are fairly by the numbers so far (team of do-gooders fight mysterious monsters, hero with tragic past, etc), so I'm mainly watching for the incredible animation quality and Ohkubo's stylish character designs.

Also, I like the detail that during missions the unpowered members of the team are the only ones wearing masks, since the Second and Third Generation users are obviously immune to the side-effects of flame as a byproduct of their abilities. Makes the show surprisingly realistic in a way, given how many anime outright ignore things like the dangers of being around a fire without actually touching it.

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aries is precious.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lmao This Astra episode kinda funny and sad in one
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The best thing about Granbelm is that the mechs are already SD, so their eventual inclusion into SRW will be a pretty smooth transition.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    The best thing about Granbelm is that the mechs are already SD, so their eventual inclusion into SRW will be a pretty smooth transition.
    I hope so but this kind of original anime would not make it to SRW.
    Family Mo-san

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I hope so but this kind of original anime would not make it to SRW.
    In the mobage, probably.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's the quality cut off for a SRW game anyways? Has Cross Ange showed up? Kuromakuro? Buddy Complex?

They must be hurting for IP's if they're tossing in Bebop but a good tangentially related series is much more palatable than a terrible direct relation.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Blog Entries
    All this time people were talking about a Fire Squad anime I had my wires crossed and thought there was a Fire Punch anime airing, now I’m disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the quality cut off for a SRW game anyways? Has Cross Ange showed up? Kuromakuro? Buddy Complex?

They must be hurting for IP's if they're tossing in Bebop but a good tangentially related series is much more palatable than a terrible direct relation.
    Cross Ange was in SRW V, wasn’t it?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Well, Bebop, in this context, happened because that SRW was meant to have a more international appeal (even though it has to be imported, but that's besides the point), so Bebop was chosen for that reason.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar

Cross Ange is in SRW V, X and X Omega
    Buudy Complex is in SRW X
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Tfw no muvluv in SRW