Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019 ANIMU Season - They're summer blockbusters of a sort, alright. Also, it's hot as balls. Crank that AC up.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Well, that latest episode of Granbelm was legit "Holy shit"-worthy. It took it from being in my top 3 to being contender for my AOTS.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Fire Force Episode 5: Company 5 has been conducting horrible experiments, and Company 8 got forced into a fight with them. Man, Captain Hibana is a monster, that one shadow that she cast showed that much. I can't believe Arthur was so dumb that he didn't realize he wasn't using his dominant hand until the end though. Another amazing episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Also gotta keep in mind Hajime's suppossed to start up weak when compared to what his classmates got. To use your example of MeODP or Hamon. Imagine everyone else having King Crimson or Gold Experience Requiem-tier powers compared to our Hamon user MC. Or in the case of MeODP, imagine everyone else being Servant-tier.
    It's not like I want to defend Arifureta much, but just clear up what seems to be a misunderstainding.
    Its not that he's underpowered compared to the others that bugs me that's, well not fine, but understandable. It's the fact they say he's under powered but given him an ability we've seen completely dominate in other shows. It's hard to take a guy seriously when he's moaning that he's only got the same power set as Edward Elric.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Well, Assholefureta is supposed to be an ORE TSUUEEEEEE comedy, not a serious drama or action story. But the anime is doing a bad job of showing that.
    Episode 1 was supposed to demonstrate how weak Hajime was, but that episode had terrible pacing and trimmed a lot of early content. The first episode covered 9 chapters. The next 4 episodes covered 12 total.
    For example, his physical strength wasn't enhanced, so he had trouble swinging a sword around at all. His game stats were all 10s, whereas even the non-combatant teacher had stats over 100. The hero guy's stats were all base 200. Hajime had only the one skill, where everyone else had 5 or 10. His transformation power took a long time to work, only worked on simple things, and couldn't make anything complicated. For example, it took him a minute to make pitfall trap a few feet deep in loose dirt. By the end of episode 2, though, Hajime is one of the most powerful humans. By the end of episode 5, he's one of the most powerful creatures alive, period - his stats are all over 10,000 and he has several dozen upper-tier skills.

At this point, Hajime is mostly an over the top chuuni revenge story character parody. There's not another serious bit for 80-ish chapters. Enjoy the show for Hajime and Yue being OP and abusing the Fail Rabbit - there isn't much else.
    Now, this makes complete sense. Yet, the anime did no job whatsoever of establishing it. It's like all the shows faults can be traced back to that terrible first episode. And the constantly bad CG monsters, but that's hilarious at this point.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

JP Friend Code
    Kimetsu no Yaiba was amazing this week, ufotable put in some great work.
    FGO:574132069/Asunder (Support: Chibi [Level:Maxxed])

Wani-sensei is one of the luckiest manga writer in the industry.
    Family Mo-san

It was even trending worldwide, it must have been a really good episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    It really was a great episode
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Horseman War of Apocalypse Knight of Rebellion13's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    632,328,855 IGN Haru-Chan
    Blog Entries
    It is great.
    I only hope they anmounce second season next year or late winter, so I can see the first upper moon
    Spoiler:

War bring nothing but loss for both sides

It's Summer, therefore, I changed. Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post

It was even trending worldwide, it must have been a really good episode.
    It was pretty sakuga-tier, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Kinda surprised that they let this joke air after the KyoAni arson.

It is a funny joke, though.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Kinda surprised that they let this joke air after the KyoAni arson.

It is a funny joke, though.
    fire forces only delayed one episode though, it's not like they had to cancel or censor everything.
    Family Mo-san

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    fire forces only delayed one episode though, it's not like they had to cancel or censor everything.
    --and the latest episode of BEM's been delayed by a couple of weeks now, so some people are still clearly paying their respects.

And I'm left with a obnoxious permanent reminder every time the show ends.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    --and the latest episode of BEM's been delayed by a couple of weeks now, so some people are still clearly paying their respects.
    Huh, I thought I was just missing it when looking for new releases every day.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Itís more like the others had hamon while hajime had nothing, then he got both king crimson and GER.

Well arifureta was always a guilty pleasure thing for me just because i was interested on how the reunion would happen, but could never truly like because hajimeís quick OPness always turned me away.
    I just didnít like the whole ďone person betrayed me so now iím gonna go full psssh nothin personnel kidĒ

Granbelm, episodes 1 & 2

>Magic was sealed a long time ago, nowadays we descendants of magi have no magic powers
    >except alter people's mindset via "changing the magnetic fields", rewind or erase memories, and make freaking flowers grow
    lol

the fights look good, although the mechs all look way too spherical for some reason
    hope shouty owl girl comes back to shout some more, I love watching characters like that switch sides

- - - Updated - - -

MC is freaking dumdum
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    And I'm left with a obnoxious permanent reminder every time the show ends.
    Just watch the uncensored Blu-Rays, lad.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, a firefighter show without references to fire would be as meaningless as a vampire show without references to blood.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Granbem, eps 3-5: I can't make up my mind about this show. On the one hand, I swear everything from the plot to its characters is recycled from other shows and you could probably plug-and-play its cast into, idk, Wixoss and vice-versa without much difference. On the other hand, there's some decent fights in almost every episode (though inconsequential laser spam and mid-air clashes that lead nowhere, the bane of all mecha shows, are beginning to set in) and I'm genuinely curious to see where this whole thing will lead. Mostly I just want owl girl back :'(

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, the amount of magic (that they supposedly can't use) they use increases every episode and that never fails to make me laugh.

EDIT: Episode 6: lol that stinger was almost perfect
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 13th, 2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, a firefighter show without references to fire would be as meaningless as a vampire show without references to blood.
    Michael Morbius from 90s Spidey was based tho

I HUNGER FOR PLASMA