Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019 ANIMU Season - They're summer blockbusters of a sort, alright. Also, it's hot as balls. Crank that AC up.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    CF is in third place, and this is from my stance as a T-M fan/member of the Reines Cult. In a season that's not this one, it'd probably rank higher--it's just not as consistent as Grabelm and Cop Craft have been, in terms of pure enjoyability. Although, being a T-M fan means that I'll actually think about CF and its plots and details, whereas with Granbelm and Cop Craft I'll just remember fondly years from now as "that was some good-ass anime."

Speaking of Geah, I recently caught up on it. It's probably one of my favorite good-bad franchises. At least, it's one of my favorite magical girl titles, and one that I'd gladly pick over, say, Nanoha, any day of the week. Unless we're talking A's and the Detonation films, the best parts of Nanoha, but even then I'd still opt for anything Geah over anything Nanoha-related.
    I was already pretty much set on Symphogear being the AotS barring monumental upsets, but that last episode truly cannoned it into untouchable status. It's not often that an anime makes me jump up and down giggling like a sixth-grader with too much sugar intake. CF will probably be my runner-up though.

As far as Nanoha goes, StrikerS is where it's at for me. It's a fascinating universe and we've only seen so little of it! The movies... well, I stil l need to watch Detonation (probably someday soon) but Reflection was honestly a big bucket of disappointment. They had the budget, they had the material, how'd it all go so wrong? Even the A's movie with its amazing fight scenes and actually pretty good direction managed to completely efface that one element of... grittyness? that set it apart from other Magical Girl shows.

I watch Synphogear for over the top silliness. I watch Nanoha for "realistic magiscience/mecha action". So far, only one of those hasn't let me down (yet).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 18th, 2019 at 03:44 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    wow Shinobu killing demon like Kenshiro.

Blog Entries
    This episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba is brought to you by Ayaneru and Inorin.

Video for reference.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I just saw the latest episode of Astra Lost In Space. So another ship suspiciously like the Astra crashlanded on the planet with them? I wonder if the "send kids to die in outer space" plan had been done before for some reason, or it's a totally unrelated situation. And was that woman on a solo mission or are the rest of her crew just dead somewhere on the planet? This twist totally shakes up my expectations for the show.

I guess the new blonde woman will probably get added to the OP next week or so, like Yunhua's dress and new haircut...

Also, then though Charce explained his backstory this week, I still think he might be the traitor. He could be being blackmailed by the mastermind behind all this that they'll cut Seira's life-support unless he goes along with killing the team. That scene where he apologized to Seira's picture could've been because he felt like he betrayed her for starting to fall in love with Aries (whose name is literally Seira backwards I just realized. Are we supposed to read anything into that?), or it could be guilt that he's doing things to protect her he knows she never would've approved of. In any case I still feel like he's the most suspicious member of the team at this point.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Difference of opinion, but StrikerS was the absolute worst that Nanoha had to offer. Never before or since did a show feel like such a waste of time to me, nor did it sell me on the direction of the franchise to come.

It had me convinced that either the fandom was full of bullshit, or the franchise just wasn't for me, aside from a fluke title it had.

Glad the recent movies proved me wrong--not that I exactly want anymore Nanoha content, myself.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; August 18th, 2019 at 03:21 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Also, re: Geah - Garie best Autoscorer, and it was nice to see them come back, even if briefly.

The true highlight, icing-on-the-cake of that episode, though was Elfnein w/Carol's Faust Robe, as well as Inori Minase coming back to do voicework for Carol.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

The entire second half of the episode was pure hype, up to and including them replaying GX's most iconic part of the soundtrack. I've been waiting for Carol to come back ever since GX ended, but I never could've imagined she'd be bringing the Autoscorers back with her!

Agreed, Garie best worst girl. Micha really distinguished herself here though.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can I get an F for Hermes in the chat
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In a good or bad way? Because Ishtar may be psycho, but she is hot.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That man was not ready and those tears don't lie
    canon finish apo vol 3

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Can I get an F for Hermes in the chat
    F
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    In a good or bad way? Because Ishtar may be psycho, but she is hot.
    Ishtar basically mind raped him into spilling the beans about Freya's obsession with Bell, in addition to regular rape, my dude.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I did not get that at all from that. I took it as Hermes just playing both sides, and Ishtar's 'reward' being too much for him. Were there signs of mind fuckery I missed, or was that something more expanded in the LN? Or later in the arc?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ishtar's a goddess of beauty like Freya, so she naturally charms men into being her thralls just by making eye contact with them.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So instead of a fire guy who burns people to death, we get an electric guy who electrocutes people to death.

I see, Bem. I see.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Arifureta got hit with the shredder again.

Those slavers lucked out for not having the budget to die. If only the bunny race becoming psychopaths was given more room to grow.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This week's Kitaro. Ibukimaru's "eternal sentence" is a bit harsh, isn't it? He burned down a village to avenge his village being burned down, and even if only some of the other village's militia was responsible for the attack, well, that's war. Understand that, unless it was changed after the interview, the civilian casualty margin of error for US hell fire death drones is 30 people. Not sure if it is 30 per terrorist or 30 per strike, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    F

Ishtar basically mind raped him into spilling the beans about Freya's obsession with Bell, in addition to regular rape, my dude.
    I was gonna start Arslan Senki (thanks random kissanime recs) but I just got a sudden urge to pick up Danmachi again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    This week's Kitaro. Ibukimaru's "eternal sentence" is a bit harsh, isn't it? He burned down a village to avenge his village being burned down, and even if only some of the other village's militia was responsible for the attack, well, that's war. Understand that, unless it was changed after the interview, the civilian casualty margin of error for US hell fire death drones is 30 people. Not sure if it is 30 per terrorist or 30 per strike, though.
    It's per strike and that's (supposed to be) in a combat zone only, ignoring all the other "preemptive" strikes they like to keep quiet about.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Thorfin become what his father hate to avenge his father.... Gonna pick up the manga when the anime finish airing
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The manga is really good shit, though it gets a lot more talky and less action-y later on.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Arifureta got hit with the shredder again.
    Those slavers lucked out for not having the budget to die. If only the bunny race becoming psychopaths was given more room to grow.
    Oh, come on! They spent almost FIVE minutes and TWO scenes on those 6 chapters. They had to leave room in the episode for the other 8 chapters they zoomed through.

Although, with the slavers gone and no mention of the Empire, does this mean there's no chance of watching the Bunny Death Squad in action at the ball? That'd be disappointing.