Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Witch On The Holy Night (English)?

Not to be that guy but you probably want to hold off with all your celebration and excitement until they actually put something out there. I mean again, not trying to be rude, but the track record of random people who say they'll translate this thing isn't exactly the world's most impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

You have a point but I have to have some hope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondEllisBeck View Post
    No, I’m more so stopping by for encouragement. I know that like us, the people who translate have a life of their own and with it comes their ups and downs. I was intending to stop by once every week to be that little voice in their head that helped them push forward until it was complete. Some people need to know that the work they are putting their blood, sweat and tears into is appreciated. I’m trying to show that I care greatly for what they are doing for the Type-Moon community.
    That might be counterproductive depending on the recipient. I guess some people might appreciate a weekly encouragement post, but if it was me, even if your intentions were good, I would consider it nagging, and would just find it annoying. But that's me.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Just let the translators in question work in peace. they arent getting paid after all

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Personally, if I had this type of "incentive" back when I was fantranslating a VN, I would have quited 2 years earlier than I actually did.

You all make good points. I’ll just wait and hope for the best.

Blog Entries
    I heard about a group that finished the translation, but never released it. I think it was some editing problem.
    And... Man, I really, really feel you. As a fan like you I suffer the same pains everyday, with this and many other works. Some because of translation, some because the autor simply abandoned a good work... I idolise the authors and translators, because I tried before, and I know how hard it is to create/adapt something. Sadly, as someone said, the only thing we can somewhat control is our own life.
    All that said, our role as fans stay the same...
    Attendre et espérer

- - - Updated - - -

And of course pray to Nasu-sama
    Last edited by Criarino; July 17th, 2019 at 11:09 PM.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

You are so right my friend. I would be grateful to receive the English version regardless of small grammatical errors here and there. Just the fact that we could have one finished and complete is enough for someone like me. Until someone decides to post the finished project, all we can do is wait patiently and pray it’s around the corner. If we’re lucky we might get it as a Christmas present this year lol.

The Commie project had the full raw TL supposedly done but was in very early stages of editing, which would be the most time consuming part. It would be nigh unreadable if they released it as-is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viña del mar, chile)
    THe only thing we can do is wait, and if Nasu remember his promises he must write Mahoyo 2 after Tsukihime Remake, after all he said Mahoyo would be a trilogy
    By me, I only need to say I'll become a Dead Apostle to live enough to see/read all Type-moon works promised be the staff.

XD

I suppose this is as good a place as any - I’ve been trying to translate the Moon-Trad French patch to English, but I’ve been stymied rather early-on by Kirikiri. I’ve tried and failed a fair bit to get at the raw text. Any advice? I’ve been hand-copying it from the game, but that’s...not the most efficient of ways.

The fact that you have been trying to do that in itself makes me extremely grateful. I personally can’t give you any advice but I could give you a bit of encouragement. Don’t lose hope. You have a skill that most people wish they had. Technology is so advanced now that I’m sure there are a few programs that allow you to go from French to English a bit quicker than doing it by hand.

But whatever you decide to do, keep up the good work. Hopefully one day I’ll have the honor of reading the results of your hard work.

Blog Entries
    If you crack the game pretty much any kirikiri extractor should work

Would I be extracting the patch itself - the “patch.xp3” file - or something else? I used an extractor on that, and got several dozen files, some with file endings that - according to a post on Fuwanovel about this kinda stuff - should be plaintext, but were instead gobbledegook of the random characters kind.

Blog Entries
    The patch itself
    If it worked right the .ks files should be plain text if you open them in a text editor

- - - Updated - - -

You could try turning your non-unicode whatever setting to Japanese if you haven’t already, don’t know if it will help but sometimes that gets rid of random VN gremlins

Yeah, I’ve got F ranked Luck, unfortunately. I used both the Insani commandline tools and KrKrExtract - no dice with either. The .ks files were still a mess.

I’ll give that a shot. I changed my regional settings to Japan, iirc - my monitor wakes up in Japanese, anyway - but I’ll check my non-Unicode.

Yeah, no dice. According to Control Panel, my non-Unicode’s been in Japanese the entire time. Appreciate the help, though!

Dont give up hope my friend. If you are lucky you could join a discord with people who know about things like that. The answer usually appears when you least expect it.

https://github.com/IDerr/mahoyo-french-dev
    Clone the repository. ks files are KAG script files.

You may be able to insert the files by using GARbro with the correct encryption, then placing the patch files in the savedata location. Alternatively, use KirikiriUnencryptedArchive and Xp3Pack from here: https://github.com/arcusmaximus/KirikiriTools

Excellent find my friend. Hopefully it helps them out with there issue.