Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Witch On The Holy Night (English)?

Unhappy Witch On The Holy Night (English)?

Please, can someone...anyone tell me if this Visual Novel has finally been completed in English translation yet?
    I beg of you for my sanity! It’s been 7 years since this VN came out and I’m baffled no one has finished it yet if it’s not done.
    I’m surprised it’s not a popular demand to begin with. Usually the more popular and more frequently asked VN receive a English translation regardless if it’s done professionally or by a fanmade attempt.
    Please, please someone if you know how to do this and see my cry for help, I am praying you can finish the English translation for this VN!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondEllisBeck View Post
    Please, can someone...anyone tell me if this Visual Novel has finally been completed in English translation yet?
    It hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a TL project here, and it got a few chapters in until it was dropped, and no one else has taken the torch.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

God have mercy on my soul! Why us? Why did this have to happen to the English audience?

Nasu makes money from us as well so it would have been nice for there to have been an English translation already. I don’t want to give up hope but I’m at my limit. Please let me know if anything changes. Hopefully it’s before I completely give up on it.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    It's already translated in french, You can use DeepL to moderately translate it for you in English.

DeepL? How does it even work?

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    DeepL? How does it even work?
    it's some new translation tech by an european company, specifically for european languages only, with moderate accuracy. the best so far. the only downward is that you would have to keep translating the game's text. well, which would be in french. you can get the french translation from VNDB.

edit:

just visit the site and past the text to be translated, like any other web translation tech.
    Last edited by Wallacia; June 9th, 2019 at 06:40 AM.

no english translation yet. unfortunate, but its been years.

I’m devastated. You are all so skilled so I don’t know why certain people are afraid to pick it up? I heard the first person who was actually translating it dropped it because their computer broke and then they were being criticized. I want to apologize to that person for the way they were treated. They put their hard work into helping out the community only to be ridiculed. I say screw what toxic people have to say. I am a person that appreciates the work they provided for us even though it wasn’t fully completed. Something is far better than nothing.I pray that someone will pick the torch back up and keep it going.

Shit's not easy, especially a Nasu TL, and it's pretty thankless* work. It's hard to justify working on it when real life is a thing.

*There will always be appreciative people, but a lot will just gloss over really good TLs and consume whatever they get without real distinction. The way McJon's TL reads is excellent, but more people care about l o r e than readable prose. It's like a fansub group having the ungodly task of making Crunchyroll's JoJo subtitles into something workable but then someone telling them "just fix the names who cares about the rest".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    It hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a TL project here, and it got a few chapters in until it was dropped, and no one else has taken the torch.
    I know of two separate efforts to TL this VN. One was McJon, right here on this site, and the other was Commie (the fansub group). Which one came first, and which one of them dropped it after a few chapters? I haven't heard anything about any progress from either of them for years, so I've always assumed both of them dropped it ages ago.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Commie died on the runway, and Mcjon lost the will.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Aha. That's what I thought.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’m devastated. You are all so skilled so I don’t know why certain people are afraid to pick it up?
    It's less skill and more time and motivation. From my own experience with VN fantranslation, it's a exhausting process and the best you can get out of it is a questionable name to put on your resumé.

Pretty much what the others have said. TLing a VN, especially one as long and so directed as Nasu's isn't easy work. Even if you do get past the initial stage of simply translating the damn thing, then you need to edit and proofread it in its entirety, then actually put it into the game and make sure the game in its entirety is correctly working. Pretty sure the game runs on KiriKiri too, which can be a bitch to use at the best of times if what I've heard before is correct.

It's why the Fate/Extra CCC TLs always die, too. It's simply a lot more complex than just translating shit. It's pretty much doing a localised port, except you don't get paid, most people don't give a shit about your work and only care about the fact there's a TLed version available, and then there'll always be a ton of critics who thought they could do it better.

I have a feeling that’s why the other people that were kind enough to try left. People can’t shut the heck up and be happy they got something for free. I hate people like that. So ungrateful and ignorant.

I won’t give up hope just yet. Especially since FF8 just got a remastered announcement. I never thought that was coming after Square Enix said they lost the files to the game. But here we are.

[
    Nasu makes money from us as well so it would have been nice for there to have been an English translation already. I don’t want to give up hope but I’m at my limit. Please let me know if anything changes. Hopefully it’s before I completely give up on it.]

Taipu Mun, only cares about FGO, zero shits given to other series.

The painful truth...but I just can’t give up hope.

I have a feeling that’s why the other people that were kind enough to try left. People can’t shut the heck up and be happy they got something for free. I hate people like that. So ungrateful and ignorant.

I won’t give up hope just yet. Especially since FF8 just got a remastered announcement. I never thought that was coming after Square Enix said they lost the files to the game. But here we are.
    I sort of feel obligated to mention that Square have lost the source code to like at least half their older games. It's pretty much a meme regarding how bad they are for that shit, so actually creating remasters from game disks etc is actually nothing new to Square. Take the Kingdom Hearts 1 HD version/Remaster (can't remember exactly what it was), they had no source so they rebuilt the game from scratch and just recreated their assets with the same technical limits as a PS2 has.

iirc someone mentioned that there was a translation project happening on 4chan, though I have no idea if that's true or how good it will be

Omg! Please if you find out any new information about it, let me know!