Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fictional crushes

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fictional crushes

What the title says.

I often find myself crushing on various waifus (plus the rare husbando). These are a few of the more enduring ones:

• Jean Grey (Claremont era X-Men)
    • Éowyn (Lord of the Rings)
    • Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)
    • Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic!)
    • Rin Tohsaka (Fate/stay night)

What about you people?
    don't quote me on this

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I definitely share the latter two waifus as crushes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I remember liking the Black Cat when I was a wee boy watching the 90's Spider-man, but my first full-on fictional crush came when I was about 11-12 in the form of Priss from Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. She was just so insanely cool to me - though with my recent rewatch, I identified pretty strongly with Linna

Then we've got Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, from high school. Not so different to Priss, really. I really like her design as well though.

And then in University I read FSN and immediately became endeared to Rin. She is just so awesome, great choice there aldeayeah. And that lead me to FGO, which has so many waifus that I had to roll for... but it also showed me my true waifu, to stand above all others: Atalanta, the peerless huntress. That's cause she was the first 4 star I rolled and I thought that was actually significant back then. WELP TOO EMOTIONALLY INVESTED NOW.

So, all in all, and in order:

• Priss Asagiri
    • Lightning Farron
    • Ichigo Kurosaki
    • Rin Tohsaka
    • Atalanta

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Discounting those that I simply like because of their looks and acts. I often really drawn to female characters that continue struggles to do the right thing, often realize or aware it was futile and hypocritical, but still continue anyway. And perhaps because I like well-composed, graceful and polite people, I often like those 'princess' archetypes in combination with the earlier.

So people like Saber, Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED), Disney Mulan, and Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats!).

Now if I narrow it down I only have a very few characters that I actually count as 'waifu crushes'. I can even be a little petty in defense of these characters, just like how I defend people I liked IRL.

In comparison, I much more lenient toward male as a character. I probably like most male leads in most entertainments without much thought like those superheroes and shonen characters. But I wouldn't call any of them husbandos, more like people that I look up to.

Blog Entries
    Sango from inuyasha. The first big sister character I really got to know and empirical evidence suggests influenced all of my future choices in waifu.

Cool, smart, with a little steel underneath the surface and more then willing to jump onto a giant flaming tiger and regularly killing things much stronger and more powerful then her with a huge ass boomerang made from the bones of her previous kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Crushes come and go, I used to be big on Misty, Hikari and Sailor Mercury as a kid, then came Utena, Lafiel, Eureka, Lacus and Chidori, then during the Haruhi boom I was obsessed with Yuki. CC and Rena Ryuuguu were big for me too. I still love em all dearly but not as much as I used to.

But the ones that really keep enduring:
    Akari, Aika, Alice (Aria)
    Chihaya (im@s)
    Sun-chan (seto no hanayome)
    Misaki (nhk)
    Estelle Bright
    Tsugumi(Ever17)

Guess i dont really have any specific type huh?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Honestly haven’t thought about this for some time.

Uh, I guess from idolm@ster it’s Kaede?

I guess I tend to crush more on the VAs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Sango from inuyasha. The first big sister character I really got to know and empirical evidence suggests influenced all of my future choices in waifu.

Cool, smart, with a little steel underneath the surface and more then willing to jump onto a giant flaming tiger and regularly killing things much stronger and more powerful then her with a huge ass boomerang made from the bones of her previous kills.
    Also a cool character in her own right. Sadly, everyone not named Inuyasha, Kagome and - to a lesser extent - Sesshomaru were basically bit characters in that manga.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I hop between various crushes few times a year, fair share of them happen to be fictional. The weirdest one, I believe, I had when I was a little girl. I was crushing on Voltron (the robot). Tho maybe it wasn't even that weird, I mean, those lips...
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    I’m given to understand many a young lass engages in a long term relationship with a machine at some point. Usually when her husband/paramour becomes less then attentive

:|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I’m given to understand many a young lass engages in a long term relationship with a machine at some point. Usually when her husband/paramour becomes less then attentive
    It can actually be a lot of fun even when said husband / paramour is involved. wink wink nudge nudge

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, yeah, forgot about the actual topic. Eh, let's see... Well, I used to have a crush on Rory Gilmore when I was younger. When I rewatched the series years later, she seemed a lot less adorable after a certain point - but I did get a crush on Lorelai. If talking strictly about characters who aren't played by flesh-and-blood people, I suppose there was Ayeka from "Tenchi Muyo".

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quite a few of these: Sorry Kaname fans btw, I ship her too hard with Sosuke.

Pre-Otaku life:
    Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
    Topanga Lawrence (Boy Meets World)
    Padme Amidala (Star Wars)

Post-Otaku Life:
    Captain Tessa (FMP!) [Dubbed]
    Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)[Dubbed]
    Noel Vermillion (BlazBlue) [Dubbed]
    Vette (Star Wars: The Old Republic) [I came to the conclusion that I like blue girls a bit too much a few years ago.]
    Saber [but only in her JP voice]
    Tamamo (Fate/EXTRA)
    Yuel (Granblue)
    Anila (Granblue Fantasy) (completely because of what she gave me for Valentine's Day)

I'm pretty sure there are a few more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

- - - Updated - - -

...You'll never guess which of those characters is most relevant to me...
    Last edited by Draconic; July 7th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I vaguely remember having a bit of a crush on Daphne from Scooby Doo way back as a little kid. At least I had a... strong reaction whenever she got inevitably kidnapped by the monster of the week, which probably influenced my later damsel in distress fetish. For anime/manga stuff I'd say my major crush would be Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill. Her personality is the perfect mix of hot-blooded badassery and laid-back coolness that instantly endeared me to her. Not to mention her design is hot as hell. (Personally though, I always found her initial school uniform hotter than her Senketsu transformation. The JK style bared midriff really did it for me).

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    A gentlefolk doesn't kiss-and-tell, so I'll just leave the most important ones, gathered over a decade of fandom.

God Tier:
    -----------
    Illyasviel (F/sn)
    Sion (Melty, etc.)
    Akiha (Tsuki)
    Rei (Eva)
    Meltryllis (F/ECCC)
    Liz (F/ECCC)
    Tessa (FMP)
    Noel (BB)
    Altera (Fate)
    Abi (Fate)
    CC (CG)

Demi-God Tier:
    ------------------
    Shuten (F/GO)
    Helena (F/GO)
    Anastasia (F/GO)
    Circe (F/GO)
    Reines (CF)
    Feldt (Gundam 00)
    Shinobu (-Gatari)

Though, if I go through a title I'll usually end up crushing on at least someone by the end of it.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 7th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Am I in the minority of just liking or enjoying characters but never actually feeling more than that

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    In this neck of the woods? Maybe, but probably not.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Guess that's fine in itself

carry on

Blog Entries
    I'm about the same, honestly. I tend not to crush on characters. Also, I tend to ship romantic pairings between characters, which goes a long way to discouraging fic crushes. Probably why I never bought into the whole waifu-thing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Far too many to count, but the most powerful one in a long time is Ryuji from Persona 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Shipping is preferable, yes, but it does take--for me, anyway--something of a 'takes one to know one' sort of deal, so any ships I gun for stem from some element of my preferences/fantasy/imagination. All of my crushes are also part of ships, etc.