Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the World's Hate

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All the World's Hate

PROLOGUE

Does a land of rats deserve to be ruled by a king of men? This carnival of prancing fools, with no respect for their true master, no respect for the beings that they were once and could be again, is descended blindly into the former, dwelling with rats.

I am the original, I have seen and lived in the greatest point in time that this frail humanity has ever experienced, and now that, like so much else, is left to writhe in the filth of its own passing. Disgusting, just as the world has become. Babylon, oh, great Babylon, splendor itself materialized into a city, gracefully split by an ancient, wise river, now all ruined, desecrated.

It's pondering like this that makes me sick that I was summoned into this damned Grail War; I, greatest of all yet master of none, he whose rightful domain refuses to bow to his legacy. Utterly pointless, beyond any level of satisfaction. Ten whole years have passed since I have been able to exert my kingly right over anyone or anything, but now I find that there's a new War calling me, perhaps another chance to show fools and cheap imitations why I am the King of Heroes.

So it is that I find myself here, in this decrepit church alongside that priest, listening to his speeches that bore me more than any silence, keeping my interest only in their abstract themes and purpose. Kotomine is an enigma, unique among today's half-breed human race. He's unpredictable, and he understands at least vaguely my interests, just as I so vaguely understand him, not bothering to care all too much. It is a relationship like few others I've seen, and one that holds my interest in this realm by a single, strained thread. For that, he has earned my respect, though he should come to know not to try to overextend his influence over mine, lest I heap him with the other mongrels populating this city.

It was just a few days ago that he walked in here, or rather he marched, as he always does, his footsteps reverberating on the coarse hardwood floor of the church. He was looking to the side, seeming to be avoiding eye contact with anything in the room, yet once he had passed the rows of pews he raised his head, smiling as if a plan of his had turned out in his favour. I dismissed this display as nothing unusual for the priest.

Kotomine, standing tall in front of me, smirked. “I have news that should interest you of all people, Archer. The new Grail War has begun, and already I have found a Servant and his Master. They were not what I had expected, especially on behalf of the Master.”

I crossed my arms. “I have little time for the comings and goings of mongrels, Kotomine, what purpose does this have for me? Do not expect that some foolish hero can entertain me so easily. What is so peculiar about these two that could possibly satisfy me?”

“I underestimated them.” Oh, now that managed to hook my interest. “I had originally thought that this Master would be naïve and a prime target for manipulation, but that is not how it was when I visited her. No, her only naïve action was to leave me be, holding suspicion but not open hostility in her heart. A pity, since her particular Servant would serve my purposes well in this coming war.”

Scoffing, I took a seat, and procured myself some wine. “What exactly did you have in mind for the Servant, Kotomine? Who was he?”

“As overseer of the Fifth Holy Grail War, I do need to keep myself informed, yes? I would have him act as my eyes, no more. He is a Lancer, I know that much, and he is not dissimilar to the Lancer of the last war, as I could glean from my interactions with he and his Master.” He let out a deep chuckle, as if there was some joke hidden in his words, but I let his convoluted meaning slip from my mind, and focused on what was direct. Kotomine could hide it well, but I knew that beyond that dark grin he truly desired a different outcome, and had failed his objective. I couldn't help but smile at this thought. Curiosity boiled inside me, learning of this new Lancer. Perhaps, then, this Grail War may be of interest to me, if there were more Servants like him. Perhaps, then, a true king's possessions shall find their way back home. Yes, that was it. Amongst these mongrels, there may also be a king.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

A/N: So yeah, it's a fic starring Gilgamesh, oh King of Heroes and all that. I'm posting this short little prologue just to give everybody a taste of what it's going to be like (generally) and to get a bit of feedback and interest. If you feel that my Gil and Kotomine are acting weirdly and out of character, or if something's confusing, then it's probably a good idea to mention it to me.

Also, this does follow one specific route of Fate/Stay night, though I won't say which one it is yet. Despite some divergences which become much bigger later on, you'll probably be able to tell which route it is come the next few chapters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...this is relevant to my interests.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Subscribed like heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Aww yeah. Following this one like what.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Anything with the golden king interests me.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    Gil focus?

I am so there.

Blog Entries
    Better than Gil focus: Gil POV!

Also, this is probably the best, most populous reaction I've had to a fanfic ever! Hooray me!

Wait.... what. Komrade Kwestions's Avatar
    You've got Gilgamesh well written. A true king's subjects will always find their way to praise him.

But I can't stop calling him Giggles. So here's to more awesome chapters in your awesome Giggles fic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois McMaster Bujold
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

Blog Entries
    *giggles* Oh yes.

Blog Entries
    *watches thread for more*

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh's BAW I HATE THE CURRENT WORLD FOR NO REASON always makes me sick >:|

Blog Entries
    It's what he is. He comes from an age where there were gods and giant majestic cities and now he's stuck in an era where none of that exists anymore and people are fat and lazy and some people sit around in their rooms reading about funky magic wars over oversized cups. He's got pretty much nothing to do and since there's Saber and since she's badass and hot he's kinda like, "Do want" and all that. Sort of.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I came from a fantastical point in history and was dumped in this era I would be discontent too.

But that is what lolis (and to him Saber) are for.
    LIKE A KING

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    It's what he is. He comes from an age where there were gods and giant majestic cities and now he's stuck in an era where none of that exists anymore and people are fat and lazy and some people sit around in their rooms reading about funky magic wars over oversized cups. He's got pretty much nothing to do and since there's Saber and since she's badass and hot he's kinda like, "Do want" and all that. Sort of.
    "Things aren't the way they used to be so I hate them! BACK IN MY DAY..."

Gil is basically an old man. But with swords.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    LIKE A KING

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Gilgamesh: Get off my gold-gilded yard you punks!!!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    "Things aren't the way they used to be so I hate them! BACK IN MY DAY..."

I effin love it.

'Gil's a very nice man. He's just a violent maniac.'

Is this a novelization from Gil's perspective or an AU?

Blog Entries
    This is a mix of both, actually. It gets more AU later on, since now Gilgamesh is more immediately involved in the plot.

In other news, I managed to finish off that chapter rather easily. It could have gone on longer, but I decided to give it a sort of cliffhanger-y ending. Going on any more would've just ruined it and also make me have to write a ton more.
    Last edited by Five_X; July 31st, 2011 at 02:08 AM.

So basically the AU here is that Kirei failed to kill Bazett and obtain Lancer.

This will affect things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Oh ho? You spark my interest.

I approve. I'll be watching O_O!