Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2019 Animu Season - Harvests of food for the body and food for the soul

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Definite watches

-FGO Babylonia: I've been following this production for months out of spite so you can bet your butt I'm excited! I'm still a bit sad they didn't use Gudako but this chapter radiates the game's habit of forgetting you can pick your gender at some scenes so I guess it was expected. Regardless so many great things to be expected!

-Beaststars: the manga is interesting and I'm excited for all studio orange works since houseki no kuni so I'm excited.

-Tootsukuni no shoujo: even though its just an ova I'm rather interested since I found the manga charming.

-Ascendance of a bookworm: the only isekai I've cared for in like a year! The children writing sucks and the MCs obsession with books goes a bit beyond bookworm but its a nicely written story about a girl trying her best despite her odds in a non action setting. That said the anime has been confirmed to have 14 episodes and they showed a bit in the preview that's the beginning of the story's second part so I'm a bit worried about how it'll be paced.

Considering

-TUEEE: I started the manga a while back and the PV looks amazing but the MC is such a dick I dropped it. I want to see if I can handle him better in the anime.

-Psycho pass 3: I loved one and the movie but 2 was a letdown so I'm wary.

-Granblue fantasy: I started playing only this year, haven't watched the first season and with the episodes confirmed to be only 13 we won't be reaching the game's interesting parts but I'm at least curious especially with the sudden studio and staff change.

-Chuubyou Gekihatsu boy & stand my heroes: my interest in both is only cause their reverse harems, with the former being based on a vocaloid song and I fully expect them to disappoint me like most otome and vocaloid song adaptations but I'll at least give them the chance.

Catch up

-MHA: haven't finished season 3.

-SAO: stopped following around the goblin episode and spoilers on characters fates may make this a drop

-Chihayafuru: still in season one

- - - Updated - - -

I considered picking average abilities because female isekai protag, but its apparently kind of aimless slice of life fluff that avoids making characters of the opposite gender relevant which I find dull in most shows

Blog Entries
    Granblue fantasy is my only must watch, and only for as much of the episode as it takes to register the scan properly and get my sky compass points

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I started Azur lane last week and I still don't have the basic outline of what the story is supposed to be about (something about the Jap equivalent recreating Pearl Harbor to break away from some Anglo-American equivalent alliance and join the Germans, but there are also aliens involved somewhere?) so if the anime is to be any good they'll have to spend half of it explaining what-all is going on in there.
    Don't expect anything better than the Kancolle anime, is what I'm saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Granblue fantasy is my only must watch, and only for as much of the episode as it takes to register the scan properly and get my sky compass points
    They're giving away stuff?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    With the mastermind behind Demonbane involved, I expect better than KanColle at the very least. Perhaps not the masterpiece I was claiming, but at the very least something enjoyable and better than whatever KC anime tried to be
    I must clarify I think "better than KanColle anime" is far from being a high bar or anything, really.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I started Azur lane last week and I still don't have the basic outline of what the story is supposed to be about (something about the Jap equivalent recreating Pearl Harbor to break away from some Anglo-American equivalent alliance and join the Germans, but there are also aliens involved somewhere?) so if the anime is to be any good they'll have to spend half of it explaining what-all is going on in there.
    Don't expect anything better than the Kancolle anime, is what I'm saying.

- - - Updated - - -

They're giving away stuff?
    I doubt anyone understands what’s even going on. Since most of the ‘story mode’ barely have stories, while events are a mix of ‘historical’ and ‘original’ battles across a variety of time frames all with the only overarching thing being ‘dem sirens are doing some shady simulations’ without any clue what it actually means.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And every once and a while ENTERPRISE shows up, to fuck with/save the timeline.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    With the mastermind behind Demonbane involved, I expect better than KanColle at the very least. Perhaps not the masterpiece I was claiming, but at the very least something enjoyable and better than whatever KC anime tried to be
    I must clarify I think "better than KanColle anime" is far from being a high bar or anything, really.
    Ok, that was admittedly a low bar to set, but don't expect anything much better than the Kancolle anime anyway. Maybe about as good as SAO's first season.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Any particular half, or the whole thing combined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Ok, that was admittedly a low bar to set, but don't expect anything much better than the Kancolle anime anyway. Maybe about as good as SAO's first season.
    SAO level probably means very different things to the two of you, considering bassgs went into sicko mode after watching just one ep of SAO.

Blog Entries
    SAO peaked at Mother's Rosario. Everything else ranges from atrocious to plain weird to Sinon's ass.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I didnt even make it to mothers rosario, I dropped the LN during SAO (before it got an anime) and the anime durning GGO. The movie was OK though. i might read the GGO spinoff LN at some point since theyre not by Kawahara. I do think Kawahara comes up with cool stuff but the way he writes the happenings around those stuffs just make dizzy from rolling my eyes at light speed

SAO is fuckin' amazing. In just like 12 or 13 days, I watched all of it movie included. I'll agree Fairy Dance and that Excalibur mini-arc after Phantom Bullet are weaker material, but it was still very enjoyable. Phantom Bullet was AMAZING, Mother's Rosario was really moving and touching, and Alicization 1st half was incredible. I'm really hyped for the 2nd half of Alicization in fall now
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Mother's Rosario is the only story to have Kirito as an acceptable character. By entirely writing him out of the plot.

And Sigsawa's take on GGO is infinitely more interesting. For one, he is a gun otaku.

While I agree GGO itself as VR shooter is much better explored in Alternative (I prefer LLENN actually going for guns over Kirito just going for a lightsaber due to his experience in SAO and ALO making him more comfortable with sword fighting), I loved Phantom Bullet's exploration of Kirito's trauma over Aincrad, and Shino's childhood trauma. Also, Death Gun/Sterben was a pretty good villain (until the end when Shinkawa goes meme rapist. I don't like the bit about Shino going to visit the asshole in jail and him apparently recovering his sanity, but it also only comes up in a few sentences and it isn't even shown, so it doesn't detract much)
    What I love about DG in specific would be his voice, how the Sterben avatar looks and how he's one of the few SAO main arc villains who isn't an admin and is just another player (well group of players. But point is, Sterben had no admin rights unlike Kayaba, Sugou and Quinella)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I feel that if I had watched it when I was younger or at least at the same time I had watched seven deadly sins and fairytail, I'd adore SAO a lot more. But even all the writing issues people have picked against it, I think my biggest bone to pick is that I don't find most of the characters in the main series particularly fun too watch. I give a lot of Lee way to things that amuse me and I don't really get that from SAO. The scene in the progressive manga where Kirito throws Asuna's underwear in the air is amazing though.

As for Azurlane, I don't know anything about it but the animation at least looks pretty competent (if a bit lacking in some details) so it might end up into something that's at least okay. Or it could be a boring pretty show like the ufotable touken ranbu show was, its a coin toss honestly, just best to wait for it to come out

- - - Updated - - -

3 popular gacha games getting anime's in the same season is amusing though, it would have been even better if A3 and Magia record came out now as well. I expect something amazing from Babylonia since it's in the clear story wise and I'm pretty satisfied with what we've seen and heard of the animation. Granblue is still in the game's boring parts so unless they make some fun anime original scenes that part won't be much to write home on. The change in studio and staff was a bit worrying but barring the artstyle taking some getting used to, the animation looks OK from the PVS (Vryn looks a bit weirdly fat though)

I feel I shouldn't need to say this, but I was just stating my personal opinions, and people are free to dislike SAO. But by the same token, I'm free to love it without people acting like I'm inferior. Not like that happened in this thread, but it's an attitude I see in other places. So, yeah. What people think "SAO quality" is and what I think "SAO quality is" is quite different
    Given I love the show enough to have gone on a crazy marathon of 73 episodes (one of them double length) and a movie just to catch up to the 2nd half of Alicization starting next season
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 16th, 2019 at 05:57 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Any particular half, or the whole thing combined?
    I liked Fairy Dance (or at least didn't go stark raving mad over it) and the animated version looked unquestionably pretty.

- - - Updated - - -

Seconding that Mother's Rosario was probably the best anime arc of the ones I watched (I clocked out halfway through Alternative) though I preferred GGO in novel form.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The only SAO character that I like is Albedo
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    SAO peaked at Mother's Rosario. Everything else ranges from atrocious to plain weird to Sinon's ass.
    Raios's swan dive into rapeland was KINO of the year, of all years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    The only SAO character that I like is Albedo
    The only Albedo I know was the Overlord one.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of series that started off good and slowly went to shit...
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single