Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Story of the Imperial Capital Holy Grail - Fate/type Redline

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For anyone even remotely interested in that deadass lancer from the first chapter, I did a bunch of research based on his armour. No surprise it's sort of anacrhonistic, but since it's not the usual Gert Krieger gear either I assume it's been modified to suit his sensibilities. So, here we go.

His armour is full plate so it's later than the 14th century, including leg gear and etchings, so it's not Italian white armour or munitions armour from the later 17th or 18th centuries.

This gives us a gap of the Plate Heyday between the 15th and 16th centuries. This is where I had to start searching annoyingly hard for data.

His helmet looks like an Armet or a close helm, probably the latter, but since Okita seemingly slices his throat through the gap between that and the bevor of his breast plate, I've no idea how the bloody thing was put together, since both those types of helmet have a neck guard. His armour also doesn't include any rondels or couters either, but they were definitely in circulation at the time his helmet and breastplate were, so I guess that's a choice to allow better flexibility at his joints. Long story short, he's a pain in the ass.

From the shape of his breastplate, he could be a German Kasten-brust from the early 1400s, or a French Gendarme from the early 1500s given his skirting and armaments. I know it's not much, but it's what I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apparently, there's some old Nasu statement exemplifying that a portrait of Napoleon is not mystic enough to be a catalyst for him. In that case, a commercialized light novel is definitely out of the question too. Jack the Wristwatch being summoned from a videogame toy knife was very explicitly described as excepting that could only happen because Flat is Flat, so there has to be a not-yet-revealed trick to Okita's summon. Can't be a compatibility summon either because Okita and Kanata are honestly not compatible.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    For anyone even remotely interested in that deadass lancer from the first chapter, I did a bunch of research based on his armour. No surprise it's sort of anacrhonistic, but since it's not the usual Gert Krieger gear either I assume it's been modified to suit his sensibilities. So, here we go.

His armour is full plate so it's later than the 14th century, including leg gear and etchings, so it's not Italian white armour or munitions armour from the later 17th or 18th centuries.

This gives us a gap of the Plate Heyday between the 15th and 16th centuries. This is where I had to start searching annoyingly hard for data.

His helmet looks like an Armet or a close helm, probably the latter, but since Okita seemingly slices his throat through the gap between that and the bevor of his breast plate, I've no idea how the bloody thing was put together, since both those types of helmet have a neck guard. His armour also doesn't include any rondels or couters either, but they were definitely in circulation at the time his helmet and breastplate were, so I guess that's a choice to allow better flexibility at his joints. Long story short, he's a pain in the ass.

From the shape of his breastplate, he could be a German Kasten-brust from the early 1400s, or a French Gendarme from the early 1500s given his skirting and armaments. I know it's not much, but it's what I got.
    I suspect you probably put more thought into it than the illustrator did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Apparently, there's some old Nasu statement exemplifying that a portrait of Napoleon is not mystic enough to be a catalyst for him. In that case, a commercialized light novel is definitely out of the question too. Jack the Wristwatch being summoned from a videogame toy knife was very explicitly described as excepting that could only happen because Flat is Flat, so there has to be a not-yet-revealed trick to Okita's summon. Can't be a compatibility summon either because Okita and Kanata are honestly not compatible.
    We really don't know enough about the MC's "real" personality to judge on compatibility, imo. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up going for the "protagonist hiding a darker (edgier) side to his personality that resonates with his Servant" angle. He might be shitty, but he's still a mage, after all.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's possible but unlikely. Kanata already established early in chapter 1 that he only cares about living a peaceful life regardless of any potential he may have a mage. That's not the kind of personality that summons a Servant as notoriously unhesitant to kill as Okita.

Yeah, but consider Shirou was introduced in much the same way.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Shirou didn't summon Saber because of his personality, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    inb4 kanata becomes a shinsengumi member
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Well for one thing I think it's important to note that this not only isn't Nasu writing the story, but Nasu himself also isn't super reliable about consistent lore bits.

I assumed the summoning worked because of the time loop nature of the situation and the novel likely having been written by a survivor of the war and about the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Just say, that the old lore bits is tossed now for the new one
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

That's not relevant to my point? Shirou was introduced as an everyman who knew a tiny bit of magic and used it to make people's lives easier, then it took until halfway to the next route to truly delve on how distorted his worldview actually is. I'm not saying the same applies here, but it's too early to rule it out.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Do you thing this is going to pull a Back to the Future when everything is solved and Kanata returns to the present?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Seeing as he has a yet unexplained flashback with his grandmother that is obviously related to the stable time loop, yes.

US Friend Code
    If the grandma reveal didn't happen so early I'd half expect him to become his own grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If the grandma reveal didn't happen so early I'd half expect him to become his own grandpa.
    Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Is that even possible?
    This is called a causal loop, and is, among other things, a "solution" to the grandfather paradox.

You know in the movie Timeline (2003) where they find the broken stone carving and Frances O'Connor's character is like "what kind of bitch would do something like this?" and then they go back in time and all the stuff happens and they need to escape through the wall but she sees that it's the same wall carving, except in the past, not yet broken, so she realizes and says out loud "Oh my god, I'm that bitch", and then she smashes the stone carving to escape. It's that thing, but like, science.
    Or for a more recent example, and perhaps one from a more well-made movie, it's the thing in the Prisoner of Azkaban where all the weird stuff they see going on around Hagrid's hut and later the person who drives away the dementors is actually just Harry and co travelling back in time and avoiding themselves, but still doing the exact things they saw.

Point being, it's basically one of two most common "legit" solutions to the grandfather paradox, but unfortunately it's one of the worst tropes to exist, just absolutely awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

This is called a causal loop, and is, among other things, a "solution" to the grandfather paradox.

You know in the movie Timeline (2003) where they find the broken stone carving and Frances O'Connor's character is like "what kind of bitch would do something like this?" and then they go back in time and all the stuff happens and they need to escape through the wall but she sees that it's the same wall carving, except in the past, not yet broken, so she realizes and says out loud "Oh my god, I'm that bitch", and then she smashes the stone carving to escape. It's that thing, but like, science.
    Or for a more recent example, and perhaps one from a more well-made movie, it's the thing in the Prisoner of Azkaban where all the weird stuff they see going on around Hagrid's hut and later the person who drives away the dementors is actually just Harry and co travelling back in time and avoiding themselves, but still doing the exact things they saw.

Point being, it's basically one of two most common "legit" solutions to the grandfather paradox, but unfortunately it's one of the worst tropes to exist, just absolutely awful.
    Ok, but this is something about actually make yourself your own ancestor and at the same time your descendant. Eventually your father being your son and after that your father has YOU. How the genetic even play here?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, but this is something about actually make yourself your own ancestor and at the same time your descendant. Eventually your father being your son and after that your father has YOU. How the genetic even play here?
    well in TM
    incest = superpowers
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Assuming it’s really time loops at play here, questioning logic such as genetics literally becomes meaningless since there’s no point of origin to base reasoning on anymore. You just handwave it.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Assuming it’s really time loops at play here, questioning logic such as genetics literally becomes meaningless since there’s no point of origin to base reasoning on anymore. You just handwave it.
    wut?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Once you get into stable time loops, you're left debating the nature of free will and all that. Unless the series presents some kind of internal logic, it's pointless to try to reason it out.