Thread: Vampires and Moon Rocks

Vampires and Moon Rocks

I'll admit to an incomplete understanding of the nature of vampires and the moon in the Nasuverse. I get the basics: Brunestud, aka Type-Moon, is the embodiment of the will of the moon, reflected onto Earth as a mirror. True Ancestors are those who are directly descended from/copied from/created by him, and then we get the various Dead Apostles that can trace their lineage from them. True Ancestors have a connection to the moon, becoming even more powerful when the moon is full and in the sky.

Now that that's established, I've had a thought that's been bugging me for a while: Would a True Ancestor have any benefit from being next to a piece of the moon? Like, if Arcueid had some moon rocks in her quarters when Shiki cut her into pieces, would she have been able to draw power from them and use them to help restore her body? Or paradoxically, would it weaken them instead, since by bringing a piece of the moon nearby you are distorting the reflection cast on Earth?

Then, assuming that they are indeed affected by lunar rocks, what would be better? Older rocks, due to the 'age = power' theme of the Nasuverse, or newer rocks, which have a fresher connection to the moon?

What about the method of acquisition? Would rocks taken during the moon landing be better, as they were 'stolen' from the moon, or would natural lunar meteorites be better, as they haven't been 'polluted' by man?

The latter set of questions came about when I was reading up on Jewel Magecraft, specifically how the gems gained part of their power due to their contact with spirits of nature, becoming stained with their power.

Anyway, I wanted to pick the brains of those who have a better grasp of the setting than I.

Blog Entries
    Any reason this isn’t in the questions thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Not particularly? I don't usually use this site, so I wasn't sure about the protocols.

Blog Entries
    I think moon rocks are just rocks
    This question is kind of like asking if I would get seasick if I stood next to a piece of wood that came from a boat.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    You're saying you wouldn't?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.