Page 141 of 453 FirstFirst ... 4191131136139140141142143146151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 9057

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You do know that this thread doesn't need to be constantly talking, right?

Whatever.

But from what Muramasa has said, the moves have to be directly channeled through the weapon to work. Magic I'm not even thinking about because unless they're channeling them through a sword I doubt Shirou could project it.

My main concern would be things like Instinct and such when Projected the sword.

Does projecting Caliburn or Excalibur (ignoring the debate of if he can Project it at all) give Shirou access to Saber's Instinct? Because it is vital to the fighting of Saber but isn't an ability that's directly applied to the sword but Saber's own mind and body.

No, I don't think so. I think the ability has to be directly related to the weapon like Gae Bolgs time reversal and Herkale's Nine lives

But then that doesn't connect to what i know of Berserker's fight in the Stay Night VN. The sword would react as it's owner wold have: and since Saber's instinct was so intrigal to her style wouldn't that mean he's have some kind of seeming of it?
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Didn't Saber have to hold the sword with Shirou to kill Berserker? As for cutting the hand off I guess the sword was copying the natural swing that Saber would have done.

Blog Entries
    The final slash to kill Berserker, yes. To use the full power of the sword without the degradation from Projection, Saber was needed. However, Shirou fights a single round with Berserker without Saber's help.

He needs to perfect Projection during it, but he does so and the final product is able to cut off Berserker's hand. So does it copy things like that? I would like to take an example from UBWs but Shirou is absorbing Mind of the Eye from Archer (I think) so I can't really use that.

Heaven's Feel I don't remember that well, so I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Anyone remember another scene where they expand on the whole, Project the user's abilties thing.
    Last edited by Heroslayer; November 17th, 2011 at 12:07 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Most convincing theory I've seen on Caliburn was that it got more powerful with Saber holding it because she's the King it chose. It didn't give Shirou all of it's power because he wasn't.

There's a little more info on tracing skills during the Gilgamesh scene on the bridge, as well as the Berserker versus Archer's Arm/Shirou fight. The Kanshou and Bakuya scenes where Shirou takes on Kuzuki in the Church basement also give a little more insight into the subject.

Basically, Shirou can let the sword's experience fight for him, but it hurts him to do so because the swords are pulling him along to superhuman levels of strength and speed.

He can also copy the strength the weapons 'remember' like he did with Nine Lives Blade Works. Or he can search the weapon's history for a skill or technique, like Nine Lives or Kakuyoku Sanren.

Stuff you see him do in Fate is probably easier than stuff you see him do in Heaven's Feel with the GARm. Because one is done with a couple days experience and the other is done with a decade or so of Archer's experience.
    Last edited by Trevelyan; November 17th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

So hero hows the second part of the chapter coming along.

my brain is hurting x.x
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Decently coming along. I've been mainly throwing around ideas for the fight and finishing up the conversation between Shirou and everyone.

And what hurts your brain?

Story I'm reading is confusing the hell out of me.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    For you Nanoha buffs.

Does anyone know how common transforming is? We've seen familiars do it, but is it hard for mages to learn. I mean, is Yuuno's ability to transform into a Ferret rare or not?

I've got no idea.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    For you Nanoha buffs.

Does anyone know how common transforming is? We've seen familiars do it, but is it hard for mages to learn. I mean, is Yuuno's ability to transform into a Ferret rare or not?
    It was apparently common enough for Chrono to notice it on sight.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    It was apparently common enough for Chrono to notice it on sight.
    He grew up with couple of familiars though, which could've made such shapeshifting easily apparent to him than most.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For you Nanoha buffs.

As far as I've found, Yuuno has been to only human to show talent for transformation magic. Vivio and others have an adult form, though, which I consider something different, but some may not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    It's possible that, unlike in Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition, Polymorph in Nanoha isn't terribly much of a force multiplier normally, so none of the optimized (read: military) characters use it significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

Blog Entries
    Well the only benefit that I've seen from it (other than the utilities of being an animal) is that it helps with recovery of depleted magic. Though I still don't get why it took so long for Yuuno to recover.

Hello everyone! I am new here but had kept up on most of the posts I really like your story Hero. Here is a pic I have found of what saber would look like if she was working for the tsab task force I think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Konachan.com - 119730 sample.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	3510

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Well the only benefit that I've seen from it (other than the utilities of being an animal) is that it helps with recovery of depleted magic. Though I still don't get why it took so long for Yuuno to recover.
    I dunno. He might just have way overtaxed himself trying to get the jewel seeds, and needed a few days to recover. Note: he seemed fine once he did turn back, which was when he and Nanoha first got on the TSAB dimensionship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

Blog Entries
    Does anyone have a good idea of the timeline of the original series?

Like between Nanoha's introduction to the TSAB and the final fight between Fate and Nanoha. There are six Jewel Seed sealings, but how long do you think actually passed?

@Empire:

Welcome. I saw the pic before and meh. It looks like a bad fusion of Saber's armor, Nanoha's armor from the movie badly styled around Saber Lily's armor.