Page 51 of 453 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 9057

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

"I won't allow it. I wont allow anyone to say such an existance is a fake!"
    Very dilicious irony, especially that is what he'll call himself in the future.

I can almost imagine it now. Fate yelling at Shirou that his life has more to it than saving other people; that anybody who values the lives of others some much should also value there own.

I have but one word to say: EPIC!!! Please make this cannon hero, pretty please?
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reborn214 View Post
    I can almost imagine it now. Fate yelling at Shirou that his life has more to it than saving other people; that anybody who values the lives of others some much should also value there own.

"Maybe you are right Fate. Maybe I got something wrong." Shirou confesses. "But it doesn't matter…"

"Because the thought of wanting to help others definitely isn't wrong."

poor poor Fate.

Illya is best servant

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ugh, it's a great scene and I could do a lot with it, but it completely contradicts my whole, Kiritsugu lets Shirou do what he needs to do theme going on.

I mean, for all of his awesomeness, Kiritsugu is a pretty crappy parent. As much as it would be awesome to give him something like that, it would put too much precedent onto the fact that Kiritsugu can do stuff and then he gets pulled into As or something and I am juggling extra stuff that doesn't need to be done. I may give Kiritsugu a scene that pulls up the fact that he understands the similarities between him and Shirou against Precia and Fate, but it'll probably be a private scene between him and Shirou or a scene between him and Fate to comfort her.

Not to mention it completely contradicts my whole, he's basically a cripple argument I've been throwing around for... weeks? months?

Thus HerosLayer has spoken.

now deliver to me your next chapter so I can draw snippets from it like a madman!

Illya is best servant

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    @Fraggle: ...How about something w/ Arf next time, please?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    Thus HerosLayer has spoken.

now deliver to me your next chapter so I can draw snippets from it like a madman!
    I got it. God knows I want to read more of your snippets, but college is eating up my energy. As soon as I'm more settled I'll have another chapter. I'm just not in the mood to write the flashback scene for Shirou... that and I still haven't decided how Nanoha and Shirou met or became friends. Ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    Ugh, it's a great scene and I could do a lot with it, but it completely contradicts my whole, Kiritsugu lets Shirou do what he needs to do theme going on.

I mean, for all of his awesomeness, Kiritsugu is a pretty crappy parent. As much as it would be awesome to give him something like that, it would put too much precedent onto the fact that Kiritsugu can do stuff and then he gets pulled into As or something and I am juggling extra stuff that doesn't need to be done. I may give Kiritsugu a scene that pulls up the fact that he understands the similarities between him and Shirou against Precia and Fate, but it'll probably be a private scene between him and Shirou or a scene between him and Fate to comfort her.

Not to mention it completely contradicts my whole, he's basically a cripple argument I've been throwing around for... weeks? months?
    It wouldn't be surprising if Kiritsugu just up and died after that 'battle'. He could barely stand against the pitiful resistance Precia put up. I really don't think that contradicts your 'cripple' argument at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    Yuuno, unfortunately, gets dropped like trash in Nanoha canon after As. I'd almost want to have him go and handle the HGW instead of Shirou, honestly. At least he'd have some kind of adventure that way.
    We never saw Caster's master anyway....

Anyway, let's go through what's different for each team.

ARCHER (Tohsaka): Doesn't know Shirou from Adam; they're strangers. EMIYA might still be summoned, because he still had the connection to the Pendent. The Master/Servant dynamic might not change too much. Rin... is still Sakura's older sister.
    ASSASSIN (Caster): Eh, nothing's changed; Fake!Assassin is still a club bouncer, and True!Assassin would just be hanging out with Zouken again.
    BERSERKER (Einzbern): Ilya still won't care about the Grail War. She's still only interested in obtaining Shirou... unless Kiritsugu gets some help squaring away that whole situation before he dies. But, probably not. So, Ilya's probably going to be exactly the same, except showing up to creep Shirou out will be more logistically difficult because he doesn't live in town.
    CASTER (Kuzuki): Caster's still got her plot, until some meddling kids screw it up. The only difference is Kuzuki didn't happen to know Shirou's name yet. Caster's original master is still mostly a blank slate.
    LANCER (Bazette/Kotomine): There is no reason to change the whole "Kotomine betrayed, replaced Bazette" thing. Lancer is still his expendable scout.
    RIDER (Matou): Oh boy. Is Sakura a dull-eyed puppet who can only endure? But, wouldn't the resentment of Rin remain? What about Shinji? Would he act differently while Sakura reacts differently?
    SABER (Emiya): Rather than "someone who can't do anything", Shirou is "third-rate backup to the Aces" or something. He's still destined to summon Artura because of Avalon.

Takeaways:
    1) Ilya's grudge against Shirou remains fundamentally unchanged.
    2) The Matou/Tohsaka messiness remains, but Shirou hasn't naively gotten himself wedged into it. He's a stranger to them and vice versa.
    3) Kotomine (and Gilgamesh), Medea, and Assassin (whichever) are still pursuing the same goals as canon.

Personally... here's how I see it going down.
    1) Shirou summons Saber. Their dynamic would be more "equals" because he's a properly trained magus, but I don't see his feelings towards her changing. Not just romantic or whatever, but his conviction her wish is wrong, and his regret that no one told her, "you did a good job." Also, he proves himself competent against Lancer.
    2) He's confronted by Einzbern. He gets the grudge explained (possibly by Kotomine; but, Saber knows all of it, and if she thinks of him as an equal partner...), and successfully wins over Ilya. I dunno what happens to Berserker at this point.

That's the first half. It can be pretty lighthearted, happy-endings-all-around, like Nanoha is fond of.

The wheels start to fly off though.

3) The Shadow starts devouring people (since I know HS doesn't like Giglamesh, maybe he jobs the Shadow again). This is a Bad Thing. But, like Matroshka dolls painted with screaming faces and blood-tears, every time he peels back a layer, it just gets shittier. The Servants get winnowed down; because Caster isn't really needed for this story, just gank her off-screen. Shirou sees parallels: Sakura = Hayate, Shadow = Book of Darkness. He is unable to save her, because even if he extends his hand, she has no reason to trust it. Whether Emiya or EMIYA, she is sacrificed to save Fuyuki from magecraft, even though Hayate was saved. So, uh, Shirou is less effective than a (literal) boatload of pro mages, but he's not going to be thinking of it in those terms.

4) With only Saber and Archer remaining, EMIYA's despair is revealed. Even though he succeeded at living the life Shirou desires, he regrets it. Even though Shirou lives in a different world, he still walks the same path. Unlike the HF route, Shirou can't just say "whelp Justice is nice but Sakura is amazingly hot" and just throw away his ideals once the going gets tough. He must work through it himself, and if he hesitates, the rigidly determined Rin will kill him. Shirou must reforge his resolve.

Personally...

During an after As, something happened. That something was, "the TSAB has some pretty big skeletons in the closet." Jail Scaglietti was not the villain of the 3rd season anymore than Fate was the villain of the 1st season, or Hayate was the villain of the 2nd. But, compared to Arf being impotent in front of Prescia, or the Knights being unable to stop the Defense program, Jail had Due go flush the Secret Council down the toilet, and very nearly overthrew the government he hated. The main characters never figured out that Jail's grudge was justified, and he accomplished everything he did without appealing to Nanoha for help, so they never questioned the party line that he was wrong to escape from his tank.

There are parrallels: Subaru = Shirou, Nanoha = Kiritsugu, Air Port Fire = Grail Fire. Shirou might notice. It's... unlikely he would talk about it, but it might be good as like a thread for his internal monologue, especially to tie StrikerS to the HGW in his mind.

Also, "befriending" should accomplish nothing, or profoundly backfire. Shirou doesn't need Nanoha to beat him up and take his responsabilites away from him; he needs to figure out what his responsabilities are. Beating him up would only reinforce that it's okay for him to get beaten up.

Shirou vs. Lancer wouldn't happen... probably. He doesn't go to Homurahara Highschool. And thus wouldn't witness that fight between Archer and Lancer in the first place. There's also no summoning circle Shirou can conveniently stumble upon to summon Saber to begin with.

It's not so much "Shirou gets ambushed at school", as "Kotomine Commanded Lancer to fight every Servant, and Shirou won't let Saber fight alone."

Doesn't Shirou go back to Fuyuki explicitly to participate after his Command Seals appear? I've been assuming he'd summon normally.

I'm not even positive Shirou would have any knowledge of the Grail War to begin with. Kiritsugu wouldn't have told him anything. Thus he wouldn't know he's selected for anything relevant.

Also: Is the Grail capable of selecting individuals not currently on Earth?

So those are all good arguments for why Shirou wouldn't participate in the Heaven's Feel Ritual.

But, that is not the decreed event. Shirou was chosen, and he will appear in Fuyuki, and summon a Servant, and fight. Because... that's the direction chosen for the story to go.

TheSpy
    Maybe he went back for the ceremony that took place to remember those who died, and then got dragged into the war.

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_gudman View Post
    So those are all good arguments for why Shirou wouldn't participate in the Heaven's Feel Ritual.

But, that is not the decreed event. Shirou was chosen, and he will appear in Fuyuki, and summon a Servant, and fight. Because... that's the direction chosen for the story to go.
    Does it have to be in that order? We know that Masters don't need to be in Fuyuki to get their Command Spells or summon their Servant (see Kiritsugu/Saber in the Fourth War, or Ilya/Berserker in the Fifth).

One possible chain:

-Shirou, in Uminari or on Mid-Childa, is marked.
    -Being essentially immersed in the TSAB's culture, he recognizes that the marks are magical in nature.
    -While experimenting with the CS to try and figure out just what the heck they are, he inadvertently summons Saber.
    -Saber explains the War, leading eventually to Shirou heading to Fuyuki to take part.

Maybe he went back for the ceremony that took place to remember those who died, and then got dragged into the war.
    Good, that would explain why he's in Fuyuki. That's unbelievable timing but doable. There's still the issue of Shirou not knowing anything about the grail war though. If he's attacked by a servant, he's dead. No faded summoning circle means no Saber to save him either. And with your reasoning, Shirou would be at the park and nowhere near the would-be Emiya estate, which he doesn't own to begin with.

Hmm... maybe have him run into Caster? She'd have knowledge of the war. He saves her, ends up becoming her master and then has the possibilty to summon another servant.

Either that or he stumbles upon Kirei and get's constantly trolled throughout the entire war...

Really, the feasible options are a bit limited here.

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    Good, that would explain why he's in Fuyuki. That's unbelievable timing but doable. There's still the issue of Shirou not knowing anything about the grail war though. If he's attacked by a servant, he's dead. No faded summoning circle means no Saber to save him either. And with your reasoning, Shirou would be at the park and nowhere near the would-be Emiya estate, which he doesn't own to begin with.

Hmm... maybe have him run into Caster? She'd have knowledge of the war. He saves her, ends up becoming her master and then has the possibilty to summon another servant.

Either that or he stumbles upon Kirei and get's constantly trolled throughout the entire war...

Really, the feasible options are a bit limited here.
    Well, as I recall the service took place a few days before Saber was originally summoned, so it's plenty of time.

I could also see Raiga letting Shirou use Kiritsugu's old house, if it hasn't been sold yet.

Back to how Shirou met Nanoha.......

Nanoha thought he had sad eyes, and thus tried to get closer to him.

Eventually a befriending occurred(the non-violent type).

After that nanoha befriended her other childhood friends ( by beating one up as she was bullying the other girl, befriending both of them)

Illya is best servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_gudman View Post
    He is unable to save her, because even if he extends his hand, she has no reason to trust it.
    If Sakura refuses to listen to him, he'll just have to use force to open her ears. He learned Befriending from the best in the business, after all. :P