Page 287 of 453 FirstFirst ... 187237277282285286287288289292297337387 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 9057

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I didn't start it. The moment PC was mentioned, it was relevant to the topic at-hand.
    Yeah.
    That one is entirely my fault, I admit it.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I keep getting weird ideas in my head about my characters.

Yuuno is the chief librarian and he's been in the thick of a lot of major conflicts. Major Conflicts that have involved the famous Aces and the rather infamous Emiya Shirou. So he's been issued to record the major events of their lives. He does the research and recalls the adventures that they all had and comes to a disturbing conclusion.

They all have really disturbing parent issues. Thus he calls a meeting for all of them and brings up the proposal that they all go to therapy for this.

Then the crack begins in my head for some reason and everyone else looks at Yuuno weird and says that he hasn't been to a therapist. Shirou and Fate has been going to (and driving them nuts) therapists ever since they was recruited, and Nanoha started after her 'accident' since she needed to get over the whole, 'Shirou almost died protecting me thing'. Hayate, well, Shamal doubles as a Therapist supposedly. Chrono has an annual psycho analysis as part of regulation or something.

I need to get some sleep. I'm kind of sleep deprived if these plot bunnies mean anything.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For maximum psychiatrist abuse, Shirou and Fate go together.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    ...they go together...right after their date.

Nanoha and Hayate are worried that Fate will score affection points while they are not there. Shenanigans proceed to happen and Fate shows up. The psychiatrist retires soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    ...they go together...right after their date.

Nanoha and Hayate are worried that Fate will score affection points while they are not there. Shenanigans proceed to happen and Fate shows up. The psychiatrist retires soon after.
    A date and a psychiatric evaluation? wow dating and being rendezvous has changed a lot since the old days LOL

EDIT:

Consider this as my token of apology for my previous actions.

"Shirou......" Nanoha mutters the name of her childhood friend under her breath. How can she not? As far as the sad girl is concerned, she has failed to save her friend.

Shirou is an idiot that can't take care of himself. I'll do it. I'll take care of Shirou and Shirou will take care of me. Her words replay in her mind over and over again as she remembers making that promise back when they were children.

Now, that promise is all for naught.

Shirou being in front of her said nothing. His attention focusing solely towards the threat in front of them, a giant prototype combat cyborg probably designed to fight against giant bests threats like dragons going crazy and killing mages. The both of them were assigned by higher-ups (Shirou volunteered) to neutralize the threat before more mages stationed there will be killed.

What Nanoha did not expect that the giant combat cyborg has intercepted her using its AMF gauntlets to block himself from her spells; thus successfully negating her protection spells she casted upon impact.

At that point, Shirou arrives; eyes filled with resolve and anger walks towards it with his left arm tracing a weapon.

The one sided slaughter ended when he traced Berserker's sword during the war and the explosion from the combat cyborg's destruction amd with the cheering of the surrounding mages.

truthfully, she should feel happy that her childhood friend has grown strong but she felt her thoughts been trapped, unable to decide whether his strength is a good sign or the beginning of the worst possible ending her mind can imagine.

What everyone saw was victory but what she saw was a moment of watching a hero in the making. She watch his back, noticing that he looks like someone else now, a stranger that she doesn't recognize and a person that will one day die alone from his ideals.

"Nanoha, are you allright?" Shirou asked.

"...................No." Nanoha muttered, tears falling freely from her eyes as she laments over her failure to save him from himself.

To her, the selfless man named Emiya Shirou is the most selfish person she ever met.
    Last edited by shikyo21; February 25th, 2012 at 04:13 AM.

I find ironic that every time Shirou gets a power upgrade because the power of Friendship/love/you have killed Krilin/you have hurt a loved one, that means he is, in fact, further of his cursed course of being Archer, the character defended feel like he is different, and feel that he is, in fact, going through the cursed way. Just a though, Nanoha, but maybe he had show all that strength to protect you, this time, because it was you.

That aside, wow, you really know how to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot. People around here don't care if there's mind-rape involved, or rape in general. Or that what's left of Shirou is getting chained away and erased.
    After all, it's the amusment factor, and a few others, that matters. =.=;;;
    Look at it like this. As Beamu loves to say, we like to make the characters we like suffer. This way, when (not if, when) they earn their happy ending, is much more satisfying. And it's not like Shirou (any version of him) can't take things being a bit (or a ton) rough. Some time ago, most of us were rooting for MSLD!Shirou (who is still a child, mind you), end this arc all wounded, roughed and barely conscious, dragging himself out of the Time Garden (?), but manlier and more awesome because of that. And it's not like MSLD!Shirou hasn't been mindraped already.

Also, it does help that most of us can tell aside reality from fiction. I give to you that not every of us are at ease with every topic (you are entitled to not be comfortable with rape, as you does), but while it is in the realm of fiction, you won't see me bitching too much about a topic I'm not too comfy unless it touches something personal. On the other side, and I know this time it didn't happen, guys, if you know Lyco doesn't like to talk about rape, please don't bring it to him (But keep in mind, Lyco, that this time it was you the one who talked first about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    And what do you exactly has against psychiatrist? I ask because my dad's wife is one

Jokes aside, now I want to read about it, and I have a feeling that you would be one of the best to write it. So, if you wish? Please, do it.
    Last edited by Ergast; February 25th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    I just think that any psychiatrist would hate to have Fate or Shirou as a patient. Mostly because Fate's situation is really really twisted and Shirou... well, Shirou is just trouble.

And as I write this next chapter, I find myself hating the translating effect I need to do to this. Some of the statements made in Japanese just don't translate well. I think about this because I watched that first fight of Nanoha vs Vita and wonder how I'm going to do the German or whatever the devices do, and also because I was writing a scene and Amy shouting out, "Hai, Hai!" in a cheerful voice does not sound as good when it's "Yes, yes!" or something.

Argh!

How about for the "Hai, hai!" you could use "Aye, aye!" I do believe aye lends itself well to a really cheerful voice.

Yaaaaaaaaay~

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaay~

Do I want to know why you went yay.

Well, since this is a fanfic, and not an English dub, you're not exactly restricted by lip flaps. Just use broad strokes and try to capture the essence of their statements, and don't worry about trying to translate the words themselves (though I'm not sure if this would work with the devices...).

Blog Entries
    I know, it's also just the fact that a lot of weird japanese statements just don't have good translations. That and... well this is mostly because I am thinking about As since we're reaching the climax of this arc and I don't know German or whatever the Knights Devices use.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The names of Belkan spells and the different forms of the Wolkenritter's devices are in the Nanoha Wiki, so you can copy-paste things from there. Aside of that, as far as I remember their vocabulary was limited to 'Nachladen' when reloading cartridges and 'Explosion' when using them up. They're Armed Devices, so they're not supposed to be as 'talky' as Intelligent Devices.

The exception is the Book of Darkness. That one talks a lot. Sheesh.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    The Yaaaaaaay! is said by Education Kitty, which was invented by Moczo in the Tempered Steel thread in his most recent omake.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    The Yaaaaaaay! is said by Education Kitty, which was invented by Moczo in the Tempered Steel thread in his most recent omake.
    I dont get the joke I'm afraid as I have not read all of Moczo's omakes.

Oh God Education Kitty! *Runs away planting C4 traps on his trail, before reaching a corner and shivering in fright*

Someone needs to write a 'Shamal and Education Kitty' snippet.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Oh God Education Kitty! *Runs away planting C4 traps on his trail, before reaching a corner and shivering in fright*
    Any chance I can get a link so I can read it later I am logging out in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    I know, it's also just the fact that a lot of weird japanese statements just don't have good translations. That and... well this is mostly because I am thinking about As since we're reaching the climax of this arc and I don't know German or whatever the Knights Devices use.
    What Daneel said, you can always copy-paste it from the wiki. And if you have any problems with spell names in German, some of us do know that language and thus can help you.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    Any chance I can get a link so I can read it later I am logging out in a few minutes.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post630879

There ya go.