Thread: [FF] Journey into… school? (A Grail Works Ltd. – T−M/MSN story)

[FF] Journey into… school? (A Grail Works Ltd. – T−M/MSN story)

INDEX POST!!!

PROLOGUE!!!
    Last edited by MWkillkenny84; December 4th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation.
    Mahou Sensei Negima! and all related characters, concepts and locations are © of Ken Akamatsu.

Writer’s Note: this work is highly AU and does not take account of anything past the Mahora Festival Arc.

[FF] Journey into… school? (A Grail Works Ltd. – T−M/MSN story)

There are more stories than stars in the sky.

And for every story, there are even more worlds.

In a world, a young mage−to−be was saved in a dark and snowy night by his wayward father.

In another, a princess of a race of immortals had learned to love and live from a young boy cursed from Fate.

Their stories had to stay separated, normally.

This is NOT the case.

Avalon, Grail Works Ltd.

In many worlds, Emiya Shirou had been forced, during the Fifth Holy Grail War, to destroy the Holy Grail, lest the corrupted artifact condemned the whole planet to an untimely death.
    In THIS world, the young would−be−hero wished to be able to save everyone.
    Thus creating the ‘agency’ known as Grail Works, ltd., soon joined by his friends and fellow Masters and Servants, plus many others that were attracted by his Dream.

Today, the “Administrator” of the GW, Illya, was engaged, flanked by her adoptive brother / love interest Shirou and his other major colleague Tohno Shiki, in a conversation with a new client.

In front of them, separated from the trio by a glowing portal, was an average dark haired boy, dressed like a typical salary man, eyes hidden by a pair of sunglasses.

“To make the presentations: I’m Illyasvel Von Einzbern. At my sides, Emiya Shirou, founder of the Grail Works, Limited; and Tohno Shiki, also of the Grail Works. And you are?”

“I do not have a ‘true’ name, sorry. Legacy of a misspent life, if I can call it ‘life’. I go around as The Contractor…” *musical accord* “… and I represent the Independent Agency of Camelot. And no, we’re not tied to Ms. Pendragon’s former kingdom.
    The Agency, if you’re asking yourselves, works under rules similar to your Grail Works’.
    Meaning, our mission is to go around in the Multiverse, to resolve problems.”

“We are glad to meet others like us; but we have to ask, why you’ve contacted us?” Asked Shiki, waiting for the dropping of the other shoe.

“Two reasons: one, to warn you. There are other ‘agencies’ in other dimensions, some with the same goals as ours, and some that see our work as a crime.”

“WHAT?! And why our duty will be a crime for them?” Screamed outraged Shirou at the other ‘boy’.

“Because that [CENSORED] s sees our job as an interference into the ‘natural’ flow of various timeline.
    In my past… and your future. Don’t ask, it’s a whole series of Gaia – size headaches. I was saying?
    Ah yes, there will be a ‘conflict’ between the Agencies that want to save other worlds, even from themselves, and the Agencies that want to ‘preserve’ the integrity of the timelines.
    My ‘predecessor’ has left some documents on the crisis, but nothing complete. Sorry.”

“… duly noted. And the other reason why you’ve make contact with us is?”

“We have a problem with a world in danger.
    Two anomalies had entered that universe.
    By themselves, their effect will not be so great to prevent us to act. Together…”

“You can’t access to that world.” Said Illya.

“Not anymore.
    And the ones of my colleagues that CAN enter that world regardless of the interference
    have the tact of a sledgehammer used by a drunken sailor, and if not they pass unnoticed like a boxing match between Servant Berserker: Herakles and the World War Hulk version of the Incredible Hulk.”

“*sweatdrop* So you have come to us.”

“Yes. You are the only ones that can both access that world AND solve the problem.
    My other ‘contacts’ have problems of their own, have restriction similar to mine’s or have their hands full of other jobs, some worse than the one that will wait for you inside that world.”

“Ok, we will take the job for you.” Answered finally Illya.

“Thanks, you have saved both my neck and my job. In this order, if I’m lucky. Here they come…” Started the ‘boy’, passing into the portal a series of mangas tied together.
    “This is the manga based on the main storyline of the universe in which you will found the problems. And this…” Another object, this time a file collector. “… is all the documentation we have on the problem.
    I hope we will see again. And… can I speak for a moment with Emiya – san, alone?”

Reluctantly, the other full human of the trio and the Consciousness of the Grail left the room, leaving the pair alone.

“Why you have asked to speak to me alone?”

“Only for this reason…” Started the ‘boy’, removing his glasses and showing his purple eyes, a smirk appearing on his face.

A smirk that Shirou know well.

“… you?” Asked the unbelieving Magus to the other.

−*−*−

After the shocking and−bar−or disturbing conversation with The Contractor *musical accord* Shirou rejoined Illya and Shiki.

“What happened Onii−chan? You’re so pale…”

“N… nothing. It was only something… surprising. Ok, what information they’ve given us? Outside the manga, of course.”

“You’re speaking of the files? They’re surprisingly complete, and they do not paint a good situation.”

*insert lengthy exposition of the Maho Sensei Negima backstory here*

“Now… the universe we have to help has a single major point of divergence: the infamous “Snowy Night” that had shaped young Negi Springfield into the ten year old mage that he’s at the start of the story.
    Instead of being rescued by his father, here young Negi has been saved by his mother Arika.
    One sarcastic comment regarding his father and tears of joy of his mother later, both of them misinterpreted by the then four year old boy, plus the discovery of certain truths on Nagi itself, and Negi started on a very different path than is other self.” Started Illya

“I can image. From a point of view, you and Negi are very similar Emiya.”

And in that Shirou had to agree with the last Nanaya.
    Lost everything in a single dramatic event, being rescued by a role model to be, start a nearly suicidal path following a misinterpreted and incomplete dream…
    Perhaps he was the right choice here to help this world.

“Onii − chan, you can’t go, your magic is too different from the ones used by the locals.” Said Illya interrupting her adoptive brother’s line of thought.

Better NOT send him there, lest he returned with MORE competition for her into her quest for conquer his heart.

“I can go, but…” Instantly, the combined killing intent of Shiki’s various paramours stopped him right on the track.

No, nor Akiha, nor Arcueid or any of the other girls known what the Maho Sensei Negima!-universe was (harem comedy), it was only the typical “feminine intuition” that had them act… from another room of the GW.

“Now, The Contractor’s…” *musical accord* “…files suggest, for us, to send a four man team. And frankly, I agree with them. I think for this operation we can ask to Akiha, Arcueid, Satsuki and Ayako to go.”

“Why you’ve think of send them here?”

“First, they need firepower, and BADLY.
    Some of the people that hang around in that school can fight at the same level of a DA or an Assassin Class Servant.
    And this without including some of the MONSTERS that teach there or live in the campus.
    One of the foes of Negi has required a spell that will be classified as True Magic, and if not it’s a nearly thing, to be stopped and resealed. Not destroyed, SEALED.”

“So Arcueid will be needed. Akiha−chan?” Asked Shiki.

“Social interactions. Many of the people around there LOVE to flaunt their social status. Ayako and Satsuki can interact better with the more ‘normal’ people of that school.”

“Ok, this is for the mission. What the Agency has chosen to give us as payment?”

“Four crystal rods with prana storing capacities. High capacity and very resistant.” This was Shirou’s conclusion after having examined the next objects in the package.

“Ok, pass them to the team and recommend them to make sure that the locals ‘charge’ them in a way or another.” Answered Illya, reading one of the pages of the manga and intrigued by a ritual used by the mages of that dimension.

Perhaps it will be useful for them in the future…

To be continued…

AN: Ok, this is the first chapter of my first Grail Works Limited fanfiction.
    I ask you all to point me any grammatical errors that my proofreading programs has failed to find.
    Thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by MWkillkenny84; December 6th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    world regardless of the interference or have the tact of a sledgehammer used by

I think the highlighted or is a typo.

Also who was the person with the purple eyes? I also can't wait to see how this goes.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are actually quite a few problems, grammatically, with this chapter - you really need a pre-reader.

That said, this concept looks interesting, and quite a few bits are amusing. Please, keep going.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

As long as this doesn't end as badly as the Mushroom kingdom thing I'm good.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

What're you talking about? The Mushroom kingdom thing was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    I think the highlighted or is a typo.

Also who was the person with the purple eyes? I also can't wait to see how this goes.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    I will try to fix it.
    As for the purple eyed boy... he's a Fate/Stay Night characters.
    I can only say this.
    The why he's become The Contractor *musical accord* it's a secret. For now.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where is the Camelot Agency from? Also, it might be your word processor but you need to lay off on the enter key. I don't think I've seen a single multi-sentence paragraph in your prologue.
    Last edited by Vigilantia; December 5th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Where is the Camelot Agency from? Also, it might be your word processor but you need to lay off on the enter key. I don't think I've seen a single multi-sentence paragraph in your prologue.
    The Interdimensional Agency of Camelot, also called IAC (pun based on a fanfiction newsletter here in Italy, called it.arti.cartoni) is a non-dimensional 'association' that work like the GW, Marvel's EXILES and similar ones. I admit to having based them on the EXILES, but only in part.
    Their organic is based on misplaced and/or last survivors of other realities, temporary conctractees, and occasional helpers from other agencies.

Here are some members of the Agency, in spoiler.

The Contractor *musical accord*:
    Spoiler:
    An AU version of Shinji Matou. In his home dimension, pre-War Shinji had a little 'incident' with the INfamous sapient virus know as BLACKLIGHT and his main host Alex Mercer. First game version, of course. Read: died and resurrected by a portion of the Virus that had started, like it's main body, to believe to be the true Shinji Matou.
    Well, it can be always be worse. BLACKLIGHT!Shinji, codename Perseus (the irony), basing his actions on what few things he was able to recall from Shinji's memories, had helped Shirou and Sakura during the War. After nearly dying in the aftermath of the War, he had meet another agent of the Agency sent there to recapture one of their prisoners, and had asked to become one of their agents. The rest is history.

Gravedigger:
    Spoiler:
    Kirei Kotomine. Less said on him, the better. Why he work with the Agency? Simple: what greater joy than ruin plans of multi-dimensional organizations and/or beings that have an holier-than-you attitude and cause THEIR pawns even greater lenghts of pain, fear and humiliation, not necessarly in this order?

Reaper&Angel: Married couple, ex-agents in second honeymoon.

Green Gunner:
    Spoiler:
    A Warhammer 40K Ork. Like to make things go boom, B33R and anything that contain Ozzy Osbourne.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While creative, it seems overly complicated. Between the Works itself and Vigilantia's character, we have two universe-spanning agencies already in our canon - three, if Crystalwatcher brings in his Belkan Knight (potentially including the TSAB). That strikes me as being a bit over the top.

More to the point, though - was it really necessary to include them? Could the Works not simply have accepted the job based on helping someone who already lives in that Negima universe? That is how they usually work.
    Last edited by Kieran; December 6th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

The Agency is something that I needed to start things and have one or two funny scenes, nothing more and nothing less.
    Believe me, they WILL not be a problem in the future.
    And secondly, can you image the WTF?!? reactions of the other members of the GW when they will learn WHO truly is The Contractor *musical accord*?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Besides the multiverse is huge, its not like there wouldn't be dozen's of multiversal organizations like Grail Works.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Secondly, the Agency at the end of this story will pass one of their guest to the Grail, to help her.
    And this will be tied to another story.
    This one with Shirou, Ayako, the duo I've listed as Reaper&Angel and False Assassin (if I can have the GW summon him, thanks to the four rod/magic batteries that the Agency had passed as payment to the GW, that will be charged during this story) as a team.
    What universe it will be?
    It and Fate/Zero are connected. By the director.

Little preview from the next chapter:

Spoiler:
    “Remind it to me again: why are we here with Princess Airhead and Madam Brocon?” Asked a seriously pissed off Ayako to her equally brunette and pissed off partner, a nervous tic on her face.

“Because we have been classified for this mission as the ‘only sane ones’ of this team, according to Illya and the meidos.” Replied Satsuki to her companion, red eyes hidden behind brown colored contact lens and a similar twitch on her pretty face.

“Satsuki – san?”

“Yes?”

“You don’t have to pass me the polite version, I don’t care for that bullsh*t and I doubt the two litigants there will hear you over their bickering.”

“Thank you very much. What I wanted to say is: because Hisui and Kohaku have bribed Illya to send away three of the main competitors to Shiki – san’s heart. With you as the fourth wheel that will have to try to rein Akiha – san and Arcueid – sama into not destroying this place.”
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler: