Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Mmm...

The elder god, perharps? Because, while Raziel's voice is deep, usually he doesn't sound malevolent. And as far as I remember, those two, and Ariel, are the only things that can talk in the ethereal realm.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is, in fact, one of his lines when Raziel tries to escape in Defiance . . . And Jester's opening lines are drawn from Kain's monologue in Blood Omen 2 (should be in the trailer available in Soul Reaver 2, if you want to check).
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Mmm, I couldn't remembered it, as I played it in spanish about 6 years ago.

I have to give it to Eidos, they chosed a hell of a dubbers in the spanish version. Probably, tied with Metal Gear Solid for PSX, the best dub a game had received here.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Mmm, I couldn't remembered it, as I played it in spanish about 6 years ago.

I have to give it to Eidos, they chosed a hell of a dubbers in the spanish version. Probably, tied with Metal Gear Solid for PSX, the best dub a game had received here.
    Never heard it, but I'll take your word for it. I have to admit, from what I gather the Spanish do vampire stuff very well - a lot of people think the Spanish Dracula is superior to the Lugosi version, and it was shot on the same sets, at the same time.

But in any case, yeah - the next scene would have Jester fleeing from the Elder God.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    hi, my name is zer0light and i'm an animeholic.

"hi zer0"

ok introductions out of the way i was first drawn to this forum because of your fanfic Kieran. i just wanted to show my appreciation by posting my thanks here. oh and also i have some questions. which voice actors would you have play galen's and takara's roles in an anime? i like to give characters a voice when i read fan fic but i can't quite get it right with your characters.

edit: yay for my post on the forum!
    Last edited by Zer0light; September 21st, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Takara's official voice actors are Maaya Sakamoto if you prefer Japanese, or Amanda Winn Lee in English (.hack's Mimiru voice for her normal personality, go Rei Ayanami in her Nanaya mode). Galen . . . I've honestly never thought about it. I generally think "me," and leave it at that, but that really doesn't work for you, does it?

My best advice? Ask Elf - she's actually met me, and has a better idea of current anime than I do. She might be able to recommend somebody for the role.

. . . And then tell me.

EDIT: And silly me, I forgot to thank you. Sorry about that - and thank you.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Trinity/Fire Emblem, Trinity/Devil May Cry, Trinity/Yugioh GX, Trinity/Psychic Acadamy, Trinity/Fate Extra

more ideas ^^
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Fire Emblem I've never seen (I know what it is, but I've never played), DMC is always tempting (come on, Archer and Dante? How could it not be? Besides, where do you think part of Jester's overall look came from?). Yu-Gi-Oh I'm too out of touch with, Psychic Academy is just sad, and I've never really looked at Extra.

. . . Honestly, Darksiders and Death Jr. have a certain appeal, now that I think about it. Or Castlevania . . . Or the Legacy of Kain one.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

If this was a matter of inserting the Trinity into favorite stories, I'd suggest they'd be put in Final Fantasy Tactics'. Though with their luck, I fear for the shadow-heroes of Ivalice ;_;

Trinity/Final Fantasy?
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    trinity/to aru majutsu no index? trinity/inheritance series? oh how about trinity/percy jackson series?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Trinity/Final Fantasy VI? To win, they just have to kill their way through hordes of monsters, the armies of the Empire, the Monsters of the Empire and stop the madman before he becomes God.

Shirou is the son of Hephaestus(sp?), Takara daughter of Hades, and Galen son of Hera

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Trinity/Final Fantasy VI? To win, they just have to kill their way through hordes of monsters, the armies of the Empire, the Monsters of the Empire and stop the madman before he becomes God.
    Galen = Gau
    Shirou = Cyan
    Takara = ...I dunno ...Shadow?

Blog Entries
    trinity/haruhi?.....maybe as a pure mystery/comedy with a bit of action in between don't even need to replace any characters. they are all sliders.

i still think trinity/toaru has lots of potential

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Galen = Gau
    Shirou = Cyan
    Takara = ...I dunno ...Shadow?
    I was honestly thinking more of them showing up and having to find out where the plot is at, while keeping the chars mostly untouched. Initially.

They wake up inside Kefka's jars?

Blog Entries
    At least one of them should. Illya and Shirou work best for Magic Knight/Generals, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    You know, I've heard mixed things about the Legacy of Kain series . . .
    Legacy of Kain is a good series, but I think you'll screw it if you try to make it into a full-length story, Kieran. Too many opportunities to screw up because of time paradoxes, temporal paradoxes, screwing destiny (or being screwed by it), and the fact that it will be a tad difficult to easily accommodate the whole trinity here (unless you want to only put Galen here, but I got too used to the idea of the trinity being together to accept it right now).

But if you feel good enough to try, then by all means do it, it'll undoubtedly be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    more ideas ^^
    I just thought of this...

Trinity/Psyren.
    I don't think I can explain Psyren in a way that would outline the story without spoiling way too much of it, but it's a good manga (no anime, hah), and it would not only be able to accommodate the trinity (and you can safely replace some of the characters with them and just see where the story goes), but it also has an added bonus of them being able to actually use their "abilities". As psychicers and not magi/nanaya descendans/jesters, but they would still be able to use them (they can be natural-born psychicers here).
    You would have to rebuild part of Psyren's world, though, depending on how many characters (and which; I write this because it's technically possible to switch them all with the main protagonist) you would switch with them, but I reckon you'll manage.

And considering that the story can go for a long time, but it can also be pretty short, I think you'll like writing it. That, it might be a good chance for character development for them. But then again, I think you'll want to have at least finished the last book of Trinity before you even think about this one.

Or, if you want something with a little less depth (though not necessarily none of it), you can try inserting them into the universe of a game called "Last scenario". It later went into the path all RPGs take, but earlier on it asked (and answered) a pretty important question of "what does it mean to be a hero?".

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0light View Post
    trinity/haruhi?.....maybe as a pure mystery/comedy with a bit of action in between don't even need to replace any characters. they are all sliders.

i still think trinity/toaru has lots of potential
    Slider/magi, slider/ninja, and slider/esper, to be exact (since Shirou would be able to remain a magician here, Takara would keep her eyes, and Galen would have his weird power).
    Though it would be difficult to do it since the Haruhi novels rely on Kyon's narration for the most part. And Kieran would have to either expand the SOS brigade (well, he could manage, but without him reading the novels weird thing will start happening), replace some of the brigade with them (and go in a different direction - he has skills for that, but it's still difficult), or replace Kyon with them (because he is the driving force beneath the story, and I wish you good luck with writing a Haruhi story without Kyon).

Still, it might be worth trying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0light View Post
    trinity/to aru majutsu no index? trinity/inheritance series? oh how about trinity/percy jackson series?
    Don't know the first two, the third's a possibility . . .

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Shirou is the son of Hephaestus(sp?), Takara daughter of Hades, and Galen son of Hera
    Hera doesn't have kids - goddess of marriage and all. Affairs would break her vows. Besides, I would think more of Nemesis (goddess of vengeance), Morpheus (god of dreams), or Apollo (who is effectively the god of bards, and hangs around with the Muses, after all) as his divine parent. And yes, the spelling's correct - nice work, he's tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    I don't know that one at all - IV, VII, IX, or X(-2) are more likely if I'm going that route.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    Slider/magi, slider/ninja, and slider/esper, to be exact (since Shirou would be able to remain a magician here, Takara would keep her eyes, and Galen would have his weird power).
    Though it would be difficult to do it since the Haruhi novels rely on Kyon's narration for the most part. And Kieran would have to either expand the SOS brigade (well, he could manage, but without him reading the novels weird thing will start happening), replace some of the brigade with them (and go in a different direction - he has skills for that, but it's still difficult), or replace Kyon with them (because he is the driving force beneath the story, and I wish you good luck with writing a Haruhi story without Kyon).

Still, it might be worth trying.
    Maybe . . . I have seen the anime, at least - but I'm not sure Takara could deal with Haruhi sounding like her mom.

I just thought of this...

Trinity/Psyren.
    I don't think I can explain Psyren in a way that would outline the story without spoiling way too much of it, but it's a good manga (no anime, hah), and it would not only be able to accommodate the trinity (and you can safely replace some of the characters with them and just see where the story goes), but it also has an added bonus of them being able to actually use their "abilities". As psychicers and not magi/nanaya descendans/jesters, but they would still be able to use them (they can be natural-born psychicers here).
    You would have to rebuild part of Psyren's world, though, depending on how many characters (and which; I write this because it's technically possible to switch them all with the main protagonist) you would switch with them, but I reckon you'll manage.

And considering that the story can go for a long time, but it can also be pretty short, I think you'll like writing it. That, it might be a good chance for character development for them. But then again, I think you'll want to have at least finished the last book of Trinity before you even think about this one.

Or, if you want something with a little less depth (though not necessarily none of it), you can try inserting them into the universe of a game called "Last scenario". It later went into the path all RPGs take, but earlier on it asked (and answered) a pretty important question of "what does it mean to be a hero?".
    I don't know this one at all - Psyren or Last Scenario. I'd have to research . . .

Legacy of Kain is a good series, but I think you'll screw it if you try to make it into a full-length story, Kieran. Too many opportunities to screw up because of time paradoxes, temporal paradoxes, screwing destiny (or being screwed by it), and the fact that it will be a tad difficult to easily accommodate the whole trinity here (unless you want to only put Galen here, but I got too used to the idea of the trinity being together to accept it right now).

But if you feel good enough to try, then by all means do it, it'll undoubtedly be awesome.
    Actually, it was originally going to be the sequel to "Legacies of Fate" - that or a Persona cross. I was working on it as a visual novel. More recently, I was thinking of using it as a replacement for "Unfamiliar," since Kurai would seem to be right at home in that setting, and I know it far better than "Zero no Tsukaima" . . .

But any Legacy of Kain crossover I do has the same basic premise, inspired by Raziel's speech to Ariel in Soul Reaver 2: "Would it blunt your wrath to know that Kain's dilemma was calculated to bring the Pillars down, regardless of the choice he made? And that the devastation would have been even greater, had he followed the path you would proscribe for him?"

. . . You see, the entire series follows the premise that Kain chose the "Bad Ending" in the original Blood Omen game - but what if he hadn't?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette