Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728313676 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbsolutistsCreed View Post
    Your right, I did like it, even though I don't know the series.
    It's an alternate history where Dracula won, and has married Queen Victoria, becoming Prince Consort of England. It contains several references to fictional characters - some blatant, like Drs. Jekyll and Moreau, and some subtle, like mentioning a Kansas linebacker named (Clark) Kent. There's very little of the supernatural, beyond vampires themselves, so if you're into a book that's part fantasy, part mystery, and part history lesson . . .

Given that lack of magic, adjusting might be tricky for them.

I'll admit, Akebei Soft's works aren't very well acclaimed in most circles I've seen, but they do produce good visual novels. Check them out if you have free time. Manga's sig pic is based off of one of my favorites, G-Senjou no Maou. Teasing the Penguin God indeed...

One of their best works is Sharin no Kuni and I get my avatar pic from that VN. Our world is basically a series of novels in their world and they have a completely different form of government. It focuses on a single place where you get a slight detailed, leaning towards vague, overview of that reality. It mostly focuses on their characters and they do it very well

Interesting. I'm not much into anime or manga any more, but I might look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JxK View Post
    Trinity Forgotten Realms sounds interesting, but the amount of lore is pretty staggering. You'd have to write some sort of mini-novel just to summarize the campaign manuals and other guide books. *shudder*

See, best to just work on finishing the current trinity series before going down the busy forgotten realms route.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    Well I would recommend reading Grand History of the Realms for lore [from what I've looked through, its mostly notes on important events]. I'm more familiar with Eberron than Faerun.
    Yes, that book would be an absolute must - and I've thought of geting it, anyway.

Eberron, I don't have, though I admit I'd be interesting in seeing how Kieran Holt would've adapted there . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lokoloki View Post
    The Warhammer comment make me want to see kurai reaction after enter the 40k universe I sure it would be entertaining
    If he recognised where he was . . . I know just enough to know that I'm probably better off killing myself.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by lokoloki View Post
    The Warhammer comment make me want to see kurai reaction after enter the 40k universe I sure it would be entertaining
    Taking into account that 40K is even worse than Evangelion (and that's saying something)... My bet is on his equivalent to ragequit.

edit: Yep, as I said, ragequit *chuckles*

About Eberron... well, most of what can happen in Forgotten can happen in Eberron. One of the main differences, though, is that drows aren't hated, or evil. They are (for the most part) savages, tribal and all that. Of course, there are also drows in cities, but as a race they are thought as uncivilliced savages. And instead of spiders, scorpions.
    Last edited by Ergast; November 3rd, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    True - from what I remember reading about it, he'd be in more trouble for being a werewolf than a half-drow.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    *Drools*

And thank you for getting me into Anno Dracula. It's the best book series I've read in a while.

While having the Potter Group there would be interesting, I was thinking of the original Trinity- Galen/Jester, Shirou, and Takara with Rin and Ilya would be neat too. (Plus I want to see Rin as a vampire really badly.)

Crap, you've given me an idea for a Grail Work's Mission.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    *Drools*

And thank you for getting me into Anno Dracula. It's the best book series I've read in a while.
    You're welcome.

While having the Potter Group there would be interesting, I was thinking of the original Trinity- Galen/Jester, Shirou, and Takara with Rin and Ilya would be neat too. (Plus I want to see Rin as a vampire really badly.)
    True . . .

Crap, you've given me an idea for a Grail Work's Mission.
    *rubs hands together* Good - it's about time I got some payback for all the ideas people worm into my head.

And moving back to an earlier one . . .

Continued from . . .

Galen resisted the urge to rub his temples in pain, but only just. The problem with having someone whose eyesight and hearing were at a level to potentially detect illusions, and a sense of smell capable of tracking underwater, or spoors several weeks old, was that the druid rightly suffered from bouts of sensory overload. Galen didn't have the training and experience to fully handle the intensity of his new perceptions, though his Occlumency training was helping . . .

EX-druid, he reminded himself. You need to remember that.

In the meantime, he tried to process what he was getting of this version of his life. It wasn't the tainted version of the Realms his GM had dropped him into - thank heavens! - but it wasn't a perfect alignment with Harry Potter, either. As near as Galen could tell, he filled Hagrid's position, being the groundskeeper and druidry teacher. It was also possible that he was meant to serve as a stand-in for Remus, as well, being the school's token werewolf . . . But he wasn't sure of that.

On some levels, Galen could deal with things. It wouldn't be the first time he'd lost his druidic status, nor taken apprentices, though Kieran had tended to handle only individuals or small groups -

He blinked, suddenly "remembering" that Luna was one of them. One of his best, in fact - and the only person other than Hermione to consistently spend time around him, though the latter was more interested in the knowledge of his arts than the actual practices . . .

Galen scowled. This was going to take too much time to sort through. It wasn't an extra decade, it was another entire life, and Kieran's force of personality wasn't like the native Galen Salvatore's had been. He wasn't an empty shell, waiting to be filled, or a child whose experiences were outmatched by his. Kieran was an equal, possibly even superior, and potentially capable of drowning his own sense of self completely - because he'd often wanted to be Kieran so very badly, at times in his life.

Moreover, because this wasn't the setting he'd left Kieran Holt in when he'd retired the character, Galen had to measure it against what he remembered of his character to see if it matched. So far, it did, but other portions seemed "off." There was a disquieting sense of absence, emotionally speaking, when he turned his thoughts to Takara . . .

The half-drow shook his head. Fitting together all the details would need time, but if his Intelligence and Wisdom scores matched Kieran's (and he had no reason to think otherwise), he'd manage it in a while. For now, he concentrated on the broad strokes. Here, Dumbledore was a sun elf, and an archmage, for certain - with all the inherent prejudices of the type. He wasn't in Elminster's league (though he might be the local Elminster, if this was an offshoot of the Realms), but likely wasn't too far off, either. Nothing he could recall pointed to the man being a Chosen of Mystra - but there was a suspicion that Dumbledore might be the Magister, and that would almost certainly be worse.

Voldemort, on the other hand, was a lich - easy enough to kill, if his Horcrux/phlactery could be found, though Galen suspected it wouldn't be that easy . . .

At least we're all together, Galen reminded himself. Changed, and possibly in deep trouble - but no one got left behind.

It would have to do, for now.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Eberron, I don't have, though I admit I'd be interesting in seeing how Kieran Holt would've adapted there . . .
    He'll cause very big ripples, especially if he stayed as epic level. There hasn't been any epic level characters [humanoids] for a long long while. He'd probably have a very interesting encounter with his first true dragon 'cause all that always x alignment doesn't hold true in Eberron. He'd also draw the eyes of many many factions, the main concerning ones (in terms of power) are the Dreaming Dark, the Daelkyr, The Lords of Dust and The Chamber.
    The Dreaming Dark are evil outsiders that reside in the Plane of Dreams which has a time dilation of 10:1 relative to Eberron and are usually powerful telepaths. Did I mention that they have their own master race which they can possess?
    The Daelkyr come from the plane of Madness, and are responsible for the creation of all other aberrations.
    The Lords of Dust work to release the Rakshasa Rajahs, their closest parallels are the archdevils and demon princes and they ruled the world 10 mil years ago. Did I mention that before they came dragons were the only other major race?
    The Chamber is a council of Dragons. The last time they took a major role in history, they not only wiped a large civilisation of Giants from Xen'drik while they were near their height of power but they also left a major magical effect on the continent which not only causes weird effects on distance while in the continent but will also cause the population of a settlement to go insane if it reaches past a certain point.

Did I mention all of these factions plot a damned lot?

Fortunately, Kieran could possibly gain levels in Planar Shepard!

Voldemort, on the other hand, was a lich - easy enough to kill, if his Horcrux/phlactery could be found, though Galen suspected it wouldn't be that easy . . .
    He's probably a Demilich. *Induce memories of Tomb of Horrors!*

Bit late for this, but after noticing that the last snip was set in Jack the Ripper era London, I couldn't help but imagine some sort of heartwarming scene where Ilya gets adopted by Nasu-verse Jack.

It just seemed so perfect.

Blog Entries
    I'll take your word for it - the Jack the Ripper of the snip in question wouldn't be nearly as good for her.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Might want to stop while you're ahead, it almost seems as though you're enjoying this snippet too much.

Though has anyone thought of mixing anything with Canaan? I'll admit I haven't finished watching the series, but it seems interesting enough for me to see it through. I'll say this though, that old guy with the Uzi in the one of first few episodes is nuts.
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Someone else would have to do it - I know nothing of Canaan.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Canaan is... eh, it's not good crossover material. Too self-contained. No entry points.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    A possible ending?

The Dark Lord's forces converged on the castle, swollen by nearly a year's recruiting - or coercion - from all over the globe. Dementors, dragons, werewolves, giants . . . And the Death Eaters - oh, the Death Eaters! All their efforts over the years had slowed, but not stopped, Voldemort from gaining his army.

And now, he was using it all.

"Tell me you have some brilliant plan," Neville said, looking at the advancing host. "Tell me that there's a way out of this that I'm not seeing."

He spoke to no one in particular, but the trinity traded looks, nevertheless. All their years of combat and strategy - not to mention their individual ways of thinking - had yielded remarkable result, over the years . . . But not today. They were too few, against so many. They would kill, and kill, but it would never be enough, not against the sheer weight of the numbers arrayed against them.

"I'd sacrifice a virgin, if I thought it'd help," Shirou snorted. "Now is the time we start looking at forbidden spells and rituals - but an hour ago would've been better . . ."

"Forbidden . . ." Galen whispered. His voice hardened. "Shirou, I need you to break a promise - now."

"What?"

"My lady will understand," he said significantly. "And it's about time Gilgamesh was of use to somebody."

"WHAT?!" Shirou stared. "Galen, I'm not sure I can make it work - "

"Yes, you can - because you've got the most powerful wand in the world . . . And because I say so."

The werewolf squeezed his own wand, and Shirou blinked, before nodding in understanding.

"We'll need to time it right," he warned, and Galen nodded.

Takara stared between the two, not quite comprehending - but Hermione looked sick.

". . . Now!" Shirou announced. "I am the bone of my sword - !"

"I am the heart of my dream," Galen said simultaneously.

"Weak is my flesh, but inspiration's my blood.
    I have created over a thousand worlds,
    Unknown to history, nor known to geography.
    I have withstood pain to create many stories,
    Never reaching my happy end.
    Yet, so long as dreams remain,
    The possibilities are infinite!"

In their universe of origin, it would've been impossible - the deployment of a Reality Marble within a Reality Marble destroyed both. Within this universe, Reality Marbles were all-but-impossible . . . Yet Galen held a wand which would allow its owner to do anything he desired, and Shirou had materialised some shadow of Unlimited Blade Works long before he'd mastered the most feared wand in the world. To the extent that Galen had ever hada Reality Marble, it was this: that dreams could become reality - and that subsequent reality, therefore, was whatever he believed it to be. And at this moment, he believed that Shirou was capable of using Unlimited Blade Works as he'd seen it used, in anime and fanfiction. With the two wizards and their powers working together . . .

It cost them their lives - but Lord Voldemort and his minions never stood a chance.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Canaan is... eh, it's not good crossover material. Too self-contained. No entry points.
    Huh... never thought I'd see it from the minds of Type-Moon. Fate makes it easy to crossover, while Canaan is as you said. It takes all kinds I suppose. And thanks for the note about it, keep me away from any inspiration that might have arisen over time.

@Kieran: Now there's an ending, though Ilya sure as hell won't be happy. And Hermione just might take the time to research in those infinite years to get them back if anything.
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Huh... never thought I'd see it from the minds of Type-Moon. Fate makes it easy to crossover, while Canaan is as you said. It takes all kinds I suppose. And thanks for the note about it, keep me away from any inspiration that might have arisen over time.

@Kieran: Now there's an ending, though Ilya sure as hell won't be happy. And Hermione just might take the time to research in those infinite years to get them back if anything.
    Plenty of TM stuff is hard to crossover, really, if you look at the current big 4 only Fate is truly conducive to crossovers and Tsuki sort of accepts them.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    A bit off topic but... what's with your signature? Not that it's terrible or anything... it's just... out there, completely unexpected and thus I can't fathom why. Is it supposed to be cute? I'm not too deep into... 'residing' here as some of the others, so I wouldn't know.

@Kieran: On topic though, what are you planning on naming your character's RM? It doesn't really matter, just a matter of personalizing it or not, at least if you feel like taking it seriously.
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    A possible ending?
    Ilya's gonna be so mad.

Blog Entries
    @Kieran: Now there's an ending, though Ilya sure as hell won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Ilya's gonna be so mad.
    Very true, because she'll be dead, too.

And Hermione just might take the time to research in those infinite years to get them back if anything.
    That's very possible.

@Kieran: On topic though, what are you planning on naming your character's RM? It doesn't really matter, just a matter of personalizing it or not, at least if you feel like taking it seriously.
    It's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" - I just gave it a knock-off aria now.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good lord...

So you've been updating here.

*reads through whatever can be found*
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

US Friend Code
    Well I for one am happy that Kieran is getting his proverbial 'sea legs' stretched before he gets back to the main stuff. Unless he's suffering from an overabundance of ideas and is releasing his frustrations here, then I can understand. I suppose it'll take a while for him to settle, though working on many works can relieve him of it. I'll tempt fate and ask what's next? xD
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Well I for one am happy that Kieran is getting his proverbial 'sea legs' stretched before he gets back to the main stuff. Unless he's suffering from an overabundance of ideas and is releasing his frustrations here, then I can understand.
    A bit of Column A, a bit of Column B . . . *shrug*

I suppose it'll take a while for him to settle, though working on many works can relieve him of it. I'll tempt fate and ask what's next? xD
    Well, since you asked . . .

Snippet of an Untitled Possible Trinity Sequel

September 13, 2001

The woman striding across the lawns of Yarmouth Academy was striking enough to draw looks from anyone she passed, even though she kept the details of her appearance to a minimum. A wide-brimmed yet tasteful hat and delicate dark glasses hid much of her face, and her leather overcoat was long and broad enough to conceal her figure. Even light gloves covered her hands - unusual, perhaps, but understandable, given the weather. A similar statement could be made for her high boots. Regardless, one thing was quite clear from the woman's stride: she knew precisely where she was going, and would suffer no fools or obstacles preventing her arrival.

Despite the hubbub of her appearance, however, it came as a complete surprise to several of the girls when she arrived in one of the classrooms and, after flashing a government ID, dragged off one of the students. Most of all to the student herself, in fact. Tact, however, made seventeen-year-old Miranda Granger hold her tongue until they'd been squirrelled into the relative privacy of the Headmistress' office - which quickly became even more private with some swift wand work.

"What are you doing here?" Miranda demanded.

A flash of pain across her face was equally reflected in her voice as Hermione replied, "Did you really think I wouldn't come if you called?"

"Not before sunset," Miranda said reasonably. "I thought if anyone would show up here during the day, it would be Galen - "

"Or Takara," Hermione pointed out. "She would have, if neither of us could." At the blank expression her sister assumed, the elder Granger continued, "She would have, Mira, if you needed help - but as it happens, neither of them are in the country at the moment." She hesitated, then said carefully, "They and Shirou had a little trouble flying home from across the pond."

Miranda recognised the pained expression on her sister's face as she spoke - Hermione was skirting the utter edges of something she literally couldn't talk about. One of the drawbacks (to some people) of having ways to magically enforce things like the Official Secrets Act was that things actually stayed secret. Nevertheless, Miranda was as clever as her sister in her own way, and easily drew the conclusion Hermione wanted.

"They were on those airliners - the ones that just missed the World Trade Centre in New York, and the Pentagon." she stated confidently. "I'd wondered if that had anything to do with you, when no one could remember the passengers, afterwards. She arched an eyebrow. "I imagine that the Americans aren't pleased that we had to do their jobs . . .?"

Hermione was silent, and Miranda got that message, as well: her sister had let slip as much as she could. So she changed the subject.

"I am glad to see you," Miranda continued. "I just didn't expect to - I know it's not healthy for you to be out and about at this time of day."

"Miranda," Hermione said quietly, "you called me, and from the message you left, you were in an utter panic. You said you needed help right away, and you haven't said a single word about it, yet. What is the matter?"

"I . . ." She swallowed heavily. "I've been getting threats. From someone who I think knows about you. Really knows, I mean."

"How so? What kind of threats?" Hermione's dark amber eyes were intense as she lowered her glasses to look directly at her younger sister - Miranda fancied that she could see crimson sparks, like stars, burning in their depths.

Miranda turned pale, and withdrew a folded note from her pocket. Hermione opened it carefully, and read Blood prices incurred are paid in kind. The signature, such as it was, was the image of a serpent emerging from a skull.

A Dark Mark.
    Last edited by Kieran; November 5th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette