Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2049

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    I'm back, after a 3-month hiatus I have been recharged and with a new snippet to boot. Bonus. A cookie for whoever manages to figure out where they are first.

Trinity Angels: The Fall

Stories are all about perspective. One person's heroes can be another's villains. Nothing special needed. Just a change of who's view you watch it from.

Let's take these three slices of the Kaleidoscope to show you what I mean.

April 4, 2010. USA...

Takara cursed. Fate was as Galen had once said "A cruel and fickle mistress, delighting in the suffering of all." to which Shirou had said afterwards "So Fate is Kotomine?". She was once again in another universe, in God knows where, and to top it all off her friends were nowhere in sight. Silver Lining... She wasn't a kid again. 'As her mom once said, praise god for small favors'

She was in some small town, American judging by the language and people. It was night, she was cold. With no money, only a small survival knife. On the plus side it seemed her mystic eyes were back so at least she had tha..

A small snarl was the only warning she had before it sprang from the underbrush. Training took over... dodge right... turn.... where .... THERE. With the speed of a trained hunter the daughter of the Nanaya struck, knife slicing through the heart of her foe. Pining him to the dark wood of a telephone pole. Male, 5'4, pale skin, foul odor... brown hair.

Against all logic the man lifted his head up. "Well aren't you a keeper." Grinning he reached for the knife.

"What are you?" maybe he was...

"Missy, I always wanted to drink a lil' hunter. Too bad you should know you can't...'' That was as far as he got before the she slammed her knee into his crotch.

Disbelief at her audacity was his first reaction, for the split second it took to blossom into pain buying her time to yank her knife out. One quick slice through the green line from his left clavicle to his right hip was all it took.

She was right... he really was stupid. Just to be sure he stayed down she should...

"Who the friggen hell are you miss."

Another man, heavy set with a gut and a ball cap, blue denim jacket and a grey beard and most importantly a machete had appeared. 'A new target?'

"Answer me first, are you with this one?"

"I ain't with no bloodsucker, are you a hunter?"

"My name's Takara Aozaki, I may be a hunter but not necessarily the same as you. Your name?"

"Bobby Singer.."

End Part ONE.

Next: Where Angels fear to tread.
    Last edited by Rai Burnout; March 17th, 2016 at 08:14 PM.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    I'm back, after a 3-month hiatus I have been recharged and with a new snippet to boot. Bonus. A cookie for whoever manages to figure out where they are first.
    Well, while I never got into "Supernatural," I've heard enough to recognise the setting (and be a little worried about your title as a result) . . . Mmm! Double chocolate chip!
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Corrected earlier snippet, according to TvTropes his name was "Bobby" Singer not Springer.

You are correct, they're in the World of Supernatural. Specifically during the Lucifer arc. Another cookie for you if you managed to guess what Galen's reaction to Sam and Dean will be. My stepmother watched Supernatural all the time while I was visiting my Dad for the last couple of months so I had the urge to write this. Speaking of which...

Part 2: Where Angels fear to tread...

Shirou decided he must be in hell. I mean it made sense, he had been transported to another world yet again, set in some American countryside. Of course this time neither of his friends were in sight. 'Unlike Takara' he supposed 'he had actually been to the country at one point, giving him a leg up.' Not much but some.

Deciding to search for his missing companions he walked along a road to what he hoped was civilization. Not two hours later at some crossroads he ran into two people. A man and a woman. Normally this would be a good thing. He could ask where he was, and for directions. But the man muttered something about "no witnesses" and he knew what was next. Doing what he thought was unexpected he charged the man to get the first strike. He got to give one punch before before the man kicked him in the gut hard enough to launch him 4ft back into a stop sign bending the metal. Looking up he noticed the man's eyes were red, I mean solid red. 'Definitely not normal.' Which meant he was free to up the game.

"Sorry man, but its bad for business if I let witnesses go free."

"You're not human, are you?"

"Ding, ding, ding. Give the kid a prize. I'm better than human, I'm a demon. A crossroads demon to be precise."

Shirou contemplated.. it looks like the thing didn't take him seriously which meant...

"People summon me at a crossroads, I grant their wish we both leave all that jazz."

The thing approached.

"Speaking of which. What about y.."

That was as far as the thing got as 5ft of Holy Steel in the form of 'Durendal' was shoved into his gut. The thing doubled over in pain as steam escaped from it's wounds.

Tracing 6 more blades, Black-Keys, the preferred weapons of the Executers of the Church. Shirou pinned the thing's shadow trapping it.

Normally the only thing left would be to pincushion the thing with whatever holy sword happened to be tied to demon eradication and be done with it but the damned thing had opened its mouth and black smoke poured out in a torrent leaving a corpse behind. Not three minutes later he was on the run as more of the things appeared and chased him. He pinned their shadows but the smoke would simply pour out and find a new host. While the others would catch up.

Eventually they managed to surround him. He hated the idea of killing the hosts to kill the demons but if he didn't they would kill him then stay in the body to use as their toy. Steeling himself he traced Kanshou and Bakyua. He kept the blueprints for Durendal, Caliburn, and Curtana fresh in his mind for an opening if he could find it.

Ultimately the unlikely happened, something saved him.

A flash of White Light filled the area. When he got his vison back he saw what appeared to be a Caucasian man with dark hair in a trench coat lifting one of the things into the air by it's throat until it was lit from within by light. And where there light receded was scorch marks. Dropping the corpse. The man walked over.

"Are you ok? If so I need you to come with me."

"Who are you?"

"Castiel, angel of the lord. And he has work for you....."

End of part 2

Next time: Avenger Approaches...

So, what do you think?
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    You are correct, they're in the World of Supernatural. Specifically during the Lucifer arc. Another cookie for you if you managed to guess what Galen's reaction to Sam and Dean will be.
    As I said, I'm not really familiar with it - so no cookie for me, this time.

My stepmother watched Supernatural all the time while I was visiting my Dad for the last couple of months so I had the urge to write this.
    Yeah, I know how that goes.

Speaking of which...

So, what do you think?
    Well, it's certainly intriguing - as I mentioned earlier, I know just enough to follow this . . . But that next title doesn't scream "ominous" - it projects it through industrial-sized surround-sound equipment.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Sadly, this is not a snippet - more a collection of thoughts . . .

A number of people, over the years I've been working on "Trinity," have asked for sequels once the Harry Potter storyline is done. To be honest, I still have trouble imagining that (particularly at the rate I'm going, of late), so I've hemmed and hawed over the concept. I have played with it a bit, as this thread can attest, though I'm not sure how many people still would be interested in the idea, after all this time.

. . . All that said, something has occurred to me today that I think might be workable.

The sequel would take place in 2008, some ten years after the events of "Trinity." As I've detailed in at least three prior snippets, our heroes would be working for MI-13, a special-ops branch known to the British Ministry of Magic as the Department of Magical Integration. Their long-term goal is to bring the magical world in line with the mundane one, peacefully. It's a goal that might never be reached within their lifetimes, but the alternatives are too unthinkable not to try . . .

And then the media announces the disappearance of billionaire Tony Stark.

In the early stages of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Trinity would have little impact; it's what they could do in the later films that intrigues me - and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., of course. I have visions of them giving the two scientists aneurysms trying to explain their abilities:

"It's not magic - magic isn't real!"

"I'll admit that there's a gene sequence involved - but do you have a quantifiable link between it and waving around a stick filled with dead animal parts causing the demonstrated effects?"

". . . Well, no--"

"Then it's magic - deal with it."

Officially, they'd be remanded to SHIELD's Wizardry, Alchemy and Necromancy Division (I like that acronym better than S.T.A.K.E.'s).

. . . Thoughts and opinions?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    Thoughts : Mind=blown,

Opinion : DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    have to second that. and i totally read that exchange between bruce banner and Galen.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kinlyki View Post
    Thoughts : Mind=blown,

Opinion : DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    have to second that.
    I'm certainly considering it - moreso, now, since I know it'll have support.

and i totally read that exchange between bruce banner and Galen.
    It could be, though I had the FitzSimmons team more in mind . . .

I'm trying to put some thought into what, when and how the Trinity would affect the MCU. So far, I've determined the following:

* The plot of "Iron Man," they'd probably leave alone, beyond trying to contain the collateral damage. Tony needs the changes it'll bring to his life. "Iron Man 2," on the other hand, they can certainly have some effect on - I can think of several ways to help deal with the palladium poisoning, for example. (I'm also tempted to involve particular members of the Trinity/Seven in each story - because the idea of Shirou collaborating with Stark, along with the title "Iron Magus," is really appealing.)

* "The Incredible Hulk" - definitely, they'll attempt to contain the fallout, because "breaking Harlem" is way too overkill. Unfortunately, I figure the Hulk's (and, potentially, the Abomination's) hide is as resistant to magic as it is any other kind of energy, and they're way out of their league when it comes to raw power. Cheering Charms and the like will work on Banner just fine, but once the switch is thrown . . .

* "Thor" - Since inter-realm travel isn't something they've really worked on, it's mainly the Earthbound parts of the first one they'll be dealing with - and again, it's something they'll largely be tempted to leave alone, since Thor needs the personal growth. However, analysing Mjolnir is something Fury would likely call W.A.N.D. in on, Mjolnir in the comics has a detrimental effect on vampires (being a former religious relic), and there is the temptation to have someone else prove "worthy." Depending on the outcome of "The Avengers," they're liable to have little impact on "Thor: The Dark World."

* "Captain America" - For starters, they can probably track Steve down a lot quicker, and hopefully bring him up to speed more gently on the modern world - the Wizarding World being half in the Victorian Age might be an easier way to start adjusting. "The Winter Soldier," however, is the big one; they know S.H.I.E.L.D. has been infiltrated, and can hopefully warn Fury a lot sooner - and dismantle them in a way that doesn't take down S.H.I.E.L.D. in the process. "Civil War" I haven't seen yet (so Galen wouldn't have), and it might not happen anyways.

* "The Avengers" - being an "all hands on deck" situation, they'll be involved. Where Infinity Stones and Asgardians are concerned, however, our heroes are way out of their league; don't expect them to be mopping the floor with anyone. Of course, they might be able to arrange it so that Coulson doesn't die. "Age of Ultron" depends on a lot of things.

* "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." - As with "Winter Soldier," this is one of the big things they can change. I'm only really up on the first season, but there's a lot I can do, regardless. One of my co-workers also thought that Fitz and/or Simmons - or maybe Skye - might read the Harry Potter series, which made me think that publishing those books is the sort of prank Sirius might pull; memorialise his godson and thumb his nose at wizarding Britain at the same time.

* "Guardians of the Galaxy" - Nothing different here.

* "Ant-Man" - Again, not much reason to change things, here.

* "Doctor Strange" - This is a biggie, since it'll set the tone for magic in the MCU; it's liable to be out before I start, though, so no worries.

Again, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

This is good in my books, and good timing, since I found myself thinking of how a Trinity x Worm story would go. MCU is right up there with Worm for my favorite universes, so I'll definitely stick with it.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    This is good in my books,
    Good to know, thank you.

and good timing, since I found myself thinking of how a Trinity x Worm story would go.
    I mainly know that through crossovers, I admit; what I've picked up, however, is that it's frightfully depressing.

MCU is right up there with Worm for my favorite universes, so I'll definitely stick with it.
    Again, good to know. (And again, thank you. )

. . . Obviously, going from the notes above, I'm going to have to put a fair bit of thought into how it all plays out. For starters, given that the MCU is an evolving setting, rather than a (relatively) static one like the Rowlingverse, I'm likely going to be dealing with missed or changing details as I go - that'll be new. And a lot of those movies would have them being idle, so I'd need to find something for them to do, either in the movies themselves, or "off-screen."

(For example, I'll admit that, given my earlier setup in "Trinity," I'm toying with the idea of having them spend most of "Iron Man" in Budapest with Hawkeye and the Black Widow, dealing with Dracula - would that work?)

But I think, on balance, that it could work. They can't solve every problem through magic (though admittedly, potentially a number of them), and there are elements that, even toned down from their comic counterparts, our protagonists simply can't handle on their own. And given the changes that can be made in some of the early parts of Phase 1, Phase 2 and 3 are liable to play out quite differently, if elements of them happen at all.

. . . The major issue, for me, is going to be getting up to speed on all the Netflix stuff - I may just ignore it. I'm already irritated that the forthcoming "Defenders" series has no actual Defenders in it.

Anyways, as always, I'm open to suggestions - but especially now, while I'm still brainstorming. If you have something (or someone) you want to see, let me know (Loki redemption arc, for example? I suspect my sister would like that, assuming she actually bothered to read my stuff. )

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    whoever is the next Minister for Magic would have a heart attack trying to stop the sale of the series. lel.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    whoever is the next Minister for Magic would have a heart attack trying to stop the sale of the series. lel.
    Possibly - or, if presented the right way, it might be an excellent reinforcement to the Statute: after all, if you saw a guy in robes muttering about "Muggles," wouldn't you assume he was a Harry Potter cosplayer who took things way too seriously? And it would certainly help with the "integration" factor, later; how many fans would love for Hogwarts to be real?

*Chuckles* Of course, the downside is unleashing those hordes of Drarry, Romione, and Dramione fans on the world . . .

And I remembered something that could fit very well, and make this very interesting - but who would assume the mantle?
    Last edited by Kieran; May 20th, 2016 at 10:46 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Well, to be honest, I don't know Marvel universe that wee. Just saw couple movies, and I'm not sure how well magic would fit in. In Potterverse it was easy to decide which things could be changed for something better, but Marvel is different cup of tea. Personally, I was thinking od Trinity landing in Sword Art Online universe or in Bleach universe. The first one I don't really like, but I've read fanfictions that were marvelous. The universe has a lot of potential if done right - and few changes would also be welcomed. As for Bleach, I quite enjoyed it until Quincy Arc, though I wished SS took more offensive stance agains Aizen in the beggining. But it is just my vision, I'll probably would enjoy your ff with Marvel Universe. Though, from what I read somwhere, mutants were also included in Marvel universe along with Iron Man, Spider Man etc. While I understand the ff would be focused of magic, maybe you could throw in a few mutants? Of course it could be said, that the process of mutations has just kicked in in that universe. That would be something... mutants vs wizards...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost001 View Post
    Well, to be honest, I don't know Marvel universe that wee. Just saw couple movies, and I'm not sure how well magic would fit in. In Potterverse it was easy to decide which things could be changed for something better, but Marvel is different cup of tea.
    Firstly, I highly recommend catching up - thus far, "Iron Man 2" is the only low point for me in the Marvel Cinematic Universe; the rest have been (if you'll pardon the pun) marvellously entertaining.

Secondly, as the MCU isn't too far off of the real world (compared to some settings, anyway), magic would fit in about as well as it would if I'd just stuck to the "Torchwood"/integration idea - which was basically more of a Tom Clancy approach. Moreover, as "Doctor Strange" will prove, magic has always been a part of the MCU; the wizards are just a single approach to it - and highly relevant, given that there's precedent for small, hidden societies (see below, regarding mutants).

Personally, I was thinking od Trinity landing in Sword Art Online universe or in Bleach universe. The first one I don't really like, but I've read fanfictions that were marvelous. The universe has a lot of potential if done right - and few changes would also be welcomed. As for Bleach, I quite enjoyed it until Quincy Arc, though I wished SS took more offensive stance agains Aizen in the beggining.
    Either has potential, I admit, though Sword Art Online would be difficult (since magic and technology generally don't mix), and Bleach operates on an entirely different scale. It'd take some work to make them work, but it would probably be worth the effort. The trick would be finding an original approach . . .

But it is just my vision, I'll probably would enjoy your ff with Marvel Universe.
    Thank you.

Though, from what I read somwhere, mutants were also included in Marvel universe along with Iron Man, Spider Man etc. While I understand the ff would be focused of magic, maybe you could throw in a few mutants? Of course it could be said, that the process of mutations has just kicked in in that universe. That would be something... mutants vs wizards...
    First, a bit of a history lesson, for context. In the mid-'90s, Marvel went bankrupt, and had to sell off a bunch of properties to stay afloat. As a result, the film rights for Spider-Man, the X-Men, and a bunch of other characters belong to studios other than Disney (who currently owns Marvel and is developing the Marvel Cinematic Universe), and will for the next decade and change. So, despite what happens in the comics, there isn't going to be much crossover between the franchises.

There are exceptions, however. Spider-Man's appearance in the latest Captain America movie is something of a special case, and probably done because the studio that owns him is desperate to make money after "Amazing Spider-Man 2" tanked so badly. Likewise, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch appeared in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" because they belong to both franchises, but no mention could be made of their being mutants, or having Magneto as their father; and any appearances in the "X-Men" films (such as "Days of Future Past" and "Apocalypse") can have no mention of the Avengers - it's a legal thing.

That said, however, the MCU has gone to some length in developing the Inhumans - particularly in the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." TV series - and they serve much the same function as mutants. More interestingly, from my point of view, is that they're also a small society of empowered individuals that hide themselves away from the rest of humanity, much like the magical world. The parallels, I think, would be interesting to explore - and if you wish, Inhuman expys of certain mutants can be arranged . . .

I hope this explains things for you, and meets with your satisfaction.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I appreciate the lesson My knowledge, or rather guesses, come from knowing of exsistence of such comixs as "Wolvarine vs Hulk", and therefore I made connections that mutants and other characters from marvel coexist. I always liked the conflict of whether humans should accept mutants as the same species, so throwing in exsistence of wizards appealed to me. I always liked when there were more than two sides of the conflict, and multi-layered plot (that, I think, is the only thing I missed in Star Wars movies, or recent C.A.: civil war). Of course, I realize how hard it is to create multi-layered plot with several sides fighting each other - I used to write ff, though it was some time ago and currently I have no time.

Also, you mentioned that Avengers cannot use mutants because of legal thing; but did they, or other characters from the same universe, coexist in comixs? As much as I enjoyed the movies, I heard that comixes were more interesting. Like, in the Civil War, comixes portrayed the conflict more as an ideological dispute rather than personal. Also, as I am not an American, can you tell me why Amazing Spider Man 2 earned so little the producers decided not to make the third part? Compared to the original trylogy, the amazing spider man was quite good.

On the completely other hand, I was wondering for quite a while why you killed off Harry Potter i trinity series. Though i now I understand that it is really hard to write cannon Harry - because this character is too blank. While I commend J.K. Rowling for not making him Gary Sue, he was just too avarage. And she made Mary Sue out of Hermione (as much as I like her, she usually served as someone to explain things just because Harry was not interested enought to research on his own - in the world of magic!)

And one more thing to bleach... The perfect place to begin would be Quincy arc. But this time with making them... Quincy, not mutants with superpowers.
    Last edited by ghost001; May 23rd, 2016 at 03:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost001 View Post
    I appreciate the lesson My knowledge, or rather guesses, come from knowing of exsistence of such comixs as "Wolvarine vs Hulk", and therefore I made connections that mutants and other characters from marvel coexist.
    You're welcome. It helps that I got into comics shortly before then, so I was around for the process.

I always liked the conflict of whether humans should accept mutants as the same species, so throwing in exsistence of wizards appealed to me. I always liked when there were more than two sides of the conflict, and multi-layered plot (that, I think, is the only thing I missed in Star Wars movies, or recent C.A.: civil war). Of course, I realize how hard it is to create multi-layered plot with several sides fighting each other - I used to write ff, though it was some time ago and currently I have no time.
    Well, as I said, there are the Inhumans - they can fill much the same role. In point of fact, of late in the comics, they do. So if that's what you're after, I'm pretty sure that over time, I can provide.

Also, you mentioned that Avengers cannot use mutants because of legal thing; but did they, or other characters from the same universe, coexist in comixs?
    Oh, yes - same company, same creators, same universe.

As much as I enjoyed the movies, I heard that comixes were more interesting. Like, in the Civil War, comixes portrayed the conflict more as an ideological dispute rather than personal.
    I thought it got very personal - and very stupid. Tony Stark, the man who has a history of fighting government attempts to take ownership of his company and his Iron Man technology, immediately jumps on the pro-registration bandwagon. He interprets the Superhuman Registration Act as meaning "register and join the Avengers - even if your power is only to change your hair colour - or go to prison," and works with Reed Richards to build a prison in the Negative Zone for those who don't. He convinces Spider-Man to announce his identity at a press conference (which later leads to assassination attempts on his family), and attempts to clone an army of Thors to enforce his will (he only managed one, but that was bad enough).

Also, as I am not an American, can you tell me why Amazing Spider Man 2 earned so little the producers decided not to make the third part? Compared to the original trylogy, the amazing spider man was quite good.
    It was - but I didn't see the second one myself, based on what I'd heard about it; so while I can guess that my reasons are the same everybody else's, I can't say for sure. For starters,
    Any Spidey buff knew this was coming, but just in case
    they kill Gwen.
    As my warning says, anyone who knows the comics knew it was coming - but so soon, after all the setup involved in the first movie, is just dumb. Secondly, not learning the lesson of Spider-Man 3, they brought in three villains (four, if you count the Black Cat) - which, again, is just wasteful. Just because Christopher Nolan has proved it can be done well in superhero films, does not mean that it should.

. . . So basically, as I understand it, it came off as grim, overblown, and largely pointless. I could be wrong, but that is the best explanation I have.

On the completely other hand, I was wondering for quite a while why you killed off Harry Potter i trinity series. Though i now I understand that it is really hard to write cannon Harry - because this character is too blank. While I commend J.K. Rowling for not making him Gary Sue, he was just too avarage. And she made Mary Sue out of Hermione (as much as I like her, she usually served as someone to explain things just because Harry was not interested enought to research on his own - in the world of magic!)
    That always did seem kind of strange, I agree.

And one more thing to bleach... The perfect place to begin would be Quincy arc. But this time with making them... Quincy, not mutants with superpowers.
    It may be - but as I recall, I gave up reading it in the Hueco Mundo arc, so I know not of what you speak (actually, not entirely true - I think I read a little about this, on the wiki, but it made little sense).

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

MCU: Finally, things make sense!

Hermione blinked. "So you mean to tell me that, for the whole of our lives - if I disregard the fact that up until seventeen years ago, you existed, but weren't the man I know - this has been the Marvel Cinematic Universe?"

Galen scowled. "It looks that way - and believe me, I'm kicking myself over the fact that we could've gotten Steve Rogers out of the ice - or at least, more gently acclimated to the modern world - almost two decades ago, if I'd known to start looking for him . . . At the very least, Peggy Carter wouldn't have been in so bad a condition; and he would've had more time with her . . ."

Hermione smiled softly. "Ever the romantic." Then, gradually, her smile widened into a smirk. "Of course, you realise that with that bit of information, you make perfect sense now."

Now it was his turn to blink, and she continued, "After all, from your memories, under the various legal agreements between studios, Disney-slash-Marvel are forbidden to mention mutants, or anything related to them - Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch only got exempted because they belonged to both franchises. But you, my love, are a short-tempered man who has lived more years than he really remembers, and has survived more than anyone really should be able to - and are Canadian, to boot."

He blinked again, suspecting what she meant, but not quite believing it, until she said dryly, "Well, you always did want to be Wolverine, after all . . ."

. . . And on top of that, it has occurred to me that, so long as I change Molly into an Inhuman rather than a mutant, I could do the MCU version of "Runaways" . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Is Galen gonna start calling everyone "Bub" now?

Blog Entries
    Is Galen gonna start calling everyone "Bub" now?
    *Chuckles* I'm honest enough to admit that it's entirely possible . . .

Seriously, though, the comparison just struck me, and I thought it was funny.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    wait till the latest revalations about Cap reach the shitfan...

When I go random.