Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 34567101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Shirou can replace Haqua's partner.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Wait a sec, don't Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime already exist in TWGOK?

That means Keima's already played the VNs and knows more than Galen about the characters. He'd recognize Shirou on sight!

Okay, another twist to the series

How about the other half of the Scarlet Seven ends in the fifth or the sixth HGW?

Imagine Hermione, Nev, Ginny and Luna in the FSN setting, or through the six war that Kieran wrote.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the latter case, they'd be horribly confused, at the very least. Not to mention hurt, and not just physically. Neville seeing his hero as a complete psychotic? And Hermione . . . Her best friends would see her, and maybe recognise her, but they wouldn't know her. Seeing a stranger reflected in their eyes when they looked at her - yeah, that would hurt.

Blog Entries
    I'm liking the sound of The Seven Minus Three in the 5th War.

Or the 4th. Heh.

Blog Entries
    The Fifth would be bad enough - in the Fourth, Kiritsugu and Iris would be the only people they'd recognise. And depending on how or if their magic still worked . . . *shudder* It would just be bad, all around.

. . . Besides, in the Fifth or Sixth Wars, they'd have the worry of "but what if I change history so that my friends no longer exist?"

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    The Fifth would be bad enough - in the Fourth, Kiritsugu and Iris would be the only people they'd recognise. And depending on how or if their magic still worked . . . *shudder* It would just be bad, all around.

. . . Besides, in the Fifth or Sixth Wars, they'd have the worry of "but what if I change history so that my friends no longer exist?"
    Oh, that actually sounds really awesome. I think it would be better if it was during the Sixth War because then all of the Trinity would be there.

Blog Entries
    All right, serious consideration time. At present, I am in theory working on four fics: the Trinity series, the Kingdom Hearts alternative Another Side, Another Story, the Zero no Tsukaima cross Unfamiliar, and the Dresden Files fusion The Wizard's Apprentice.

In practice, however, ASAS has stalled out to the point of needing a complete rewrite, with Unfamiliar a close second, partly because I just don't feel I have the sense of the characters that I need to do them properly. And part of this is also rooted in the fact that both fics are, by pacing and nature, going to be large-scale epics - and I've already got one of those in Trinity. Until it's finished (which reason tells me will be a while), I'm not looking to do more. I've tried that before, and everything suffered for it. But by my nature, I have ideas that I need to get out, and occasionally my brain needs a break from Harry Potter. Not that it will let me break for long, but I need a change of pace every once in a while. There's also the fact that I get impulses I need to work out - that's where those two stories came from, really. So other projects are good to have - but not too many, or I start feeling guilty over not working on them.

Now, I have a couple of options, here. I can put ASAS on hold until Trinity is finished, and try to rewrite it wholesale, or I can put it up for adoption - I know it has fans, and I think by now most of you have a fairly good idea of the three's personalities. Some of you probably know KH better than I do, too, having played past KHII - you might have a better idea of where to go with things. I can give what I had of a plot and let you go at it. Unfamiliar I may let crash entirely - I simply have too little time to do the research I need to do in order to do it right, at the moment. Wizard's Apprentice I've dumped once before, and I'd prefer not to do it again, since I've fixed the primary problem - it's just a little slow as I work out the finishing details.

And because my imagination never sleeps, I have a new problem . . .

Those of you who follow "After the Fall" will know this already, but I've been infected by a Trinity/BioShock fusion idea that is proving insidiously attractive. It would be a straightforward type of story, and comparatively not long - and involve plenty of killing things, which would be a nice stress relief for me, much like the video game (if things get boring, throw in something I can shoot/impale/blow up ). And to be honest, it would probably be a bit more Type-Moon than Trinity in its crossover elements. But either way, it's tempting . . . And if I get enough support for it, it may become my new stress relief project. Just wanted to see what you all think/suggest.

Blog Entries
    Shirou vs a Big Daddy?

I can get behind that.

Blog Entries
    Check "After the Fall" to see what I've got in mind - I believe you want Pages 18 - 19, under "Shocked/Shocking Possibilities."

BioShock? Never played it, likely never will. Can't give any input on a crossover with that.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    ^this
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    I'd read a Bioshock crossover religiously.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Something I've thought of recently: In worlds that Shirou's reality marble doesn't function, are the swords he sees still added to it and available for use when he regains UBW?

Blog Entries
    Depends on how much of his magical ability he keeps, I suppose. In worlds with no magic whatsoever, no - but a place like the Trinityverse . . . Well, you've (hopefully) already seen that he can "read" the sword he forged to some degree, at least.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Well, you've (hopefully) already seen that he can "read" the sword he forged to some degree, at least.
    His detailed analysis of the sword before it had even been used is part of what made me think of it.

Blog Entries
    Not too much detail, of course - I'm still figuring out what all it can do. But yes, he does retain some inherent ability, even if it can't be manifested in quite the same way.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Trinity x Gunslinger Girls.

That is all. Make of it what you will.
    Robo-Illya.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how the Joker will survive in the Gurren Lagann verse seeing he needs manly spirit to survive.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    He'd get punched. Repeatedly.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.