Page 79 of 103 FirstFirst ... 29697477787980818489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2049

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Blog Entries
    Oh, boy... sorry to hear that, Kieran.

Still, hope you can get your writing groove back, man.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hooo boy..
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Oh, boy... sorry to hear that, Kieran.
    *Shrugs* We got lucky, honestly - no damages, no injuries. Spooked the heck out of our neighbour, but it mostly just made a mess.

Still, hope you can get your writing groove back, man.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    hooo boy..
    *Grins* I thought you'd like that. Really, in terms of an empowered Deathstone - in line with the upgrades I've given the other Hallows over the series - the Soul Stone pretty much is exactly the sort of thing you'd think of, right? And the fact that "control over all life" is also an extension of Takara's (Nanaya) powers . . . Honestly, it's almost too perfect.

. . . In any case, what shape, precisely, the MCU would be in, I'm not sure; rewriting every movie would be a lot of work. And if I do alter things, what and how far? For example, I still like the idea of the Scarlet Seven, or at least the Trinity, being members of the London Sanctum (which alters Doctor Strange, because if you think they'll go down that easy) . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Takara - Soul Stone
    Shirou - Reality Stone (UBW's complete resurrection?)
    Galen - Power Stone (Thunder/Lightning IS a symbol of power of sorts)
    Aoko Aozaki - Time Stone
    Rin - Space Stone (Kaleidoscope?)
    Hermione - Mind Stone

Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    Takara - Soul Stone
    Aoko Aozaki - Time Stone
    Hermione - Mind Stone

Any other suggestions?
    . . . Well, congratulations on forming the Trinity/MCU version of the Infinity Watch, for starters.

Though I think I'd leave Dr. Strange as guardian of the Time Stone; canon Aoko Aozaki would be an ideal wielder, but not the Trinity version. Aside from that . . .

Yes.

Yes.

Hermione - Mind Stone
    Why didn't I think of that . . . ?

. . . And failing that, maybe Luna . . .?

Not to mention that his Shield Charm proficiency ties in nicely with absolute energy/force control . . .

Galen: OK, what idiot thinks that giving me, of all people, actually unlimited power is in any way a good idea . . .?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Not to mention that his Shield Charm proficiency ties in nicely with absolute energy/force control . . .

Galen: OK, what idiot thinks that giving me, of all people, actually unlimited power is in any way a good idea . . .?
    *KRA-KOOOM*

-An Ah, Megami-Sama styled, message-carrying thunderbolt impact near Galen.-

The message read: "A SpaceBattlerBROB*, of course!"

*BROB: Bastard Random Omnipotent Being.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    *KRA-KOOOM*

Agreed... that's the main thing that can be said about this sort of power upgrade.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    *KRA-KOOOM*

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Agreed... that's the main thing that can be said about this sort of power upgrade.
    Indeed - and points for the A!MG reference; it's both a sign of taste and a reminder of an old favourite.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    *KRA-KOOOM*

*throws MWkillkenny84 a fistful of cookies for the reference

When I go random.

Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    *throws MWkillkenny84 a fistful of cookies for the reference
    *Pac-Man noised*

...momomomomomomomomomomomomom....

Thanks, I had a Seiba to feed.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

I hope Hermione's smart enough not to touch the thing directly, as powerful as she is only beings like the Celestials or Thanos are powerful enough to touch a Infinity Stone without protection. For lesser beings, a container is needed in order to access their power without the would-be user dying(which is what the Death Stone would have been, a container to use the Soul Stone's power without being destroyed by it).

Blog Entries
    Well, even without Galen's knowledge of the Infinity Stones and a decade or so of working within the Department of Mysteries in her head, this is Hermione. While she has been known to get carried away from time to time, I like to think she learned her lesson on proper safety procedures after second year; Galen might have thought the catgirl transformation was adorable, but it wasn't exactly pleasant to go through, in either direction.

. . . Of course, while magic will help in allowing Hermione to avoid touching it, reliably containing it might be a different matter altogether . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Trinity/Holidays and Hearts (?): Family and Friends

The Burrow, Ottery-St. Catchpole, Devon
    May 9, 1999

“I know what you did to me, now—all of it. You’re not surprised; you figured I would when you pushed me into learning this stuff, didn’t you? Honestly, I don’t want to know how you pulled it off—but I think I need to . . .”

It took the combined efforts of all of Molly Weasley’s children, her husband, and her daughter-in-law to prevent her from cooking Sunday dinner. In her mind, that was her role—and more importantly, her kitchen—but, as on her birthday, she allowed them, eventually, to talk her out of it. Even then, though, they couldn’t stop her from handing out advice and admonitions on their work; it was all that was keeping her sanity intact, even if it cost the rest of them some of theirs.

. . . Well, that and cooing over her firstborn, week-old granddaughter. While she wasn’t entirely pleased with the name, Molly had to admit that even among babies, which tended to be cute naturally (and with which she had no small amount of experience), little Victoire was adorable. Fleur had done a remarkable job, there; the Veela in her helped, no doubt, but by this point the blood had to be so thin it was practically negligible. Which only made Victoire’s endearing looks all the more remarkable, really.

Peering delightedly into the newborn’s wide, wondering eyes—a bright, almost electric blue—Molly sighed. Even if the meal wouldn’t be to her exacting standards, this was exactly the sort of thing that she wanted out of days like this: to be surrounded by family, with nothing more to worry about than whether they’d have room for dessert . . .

“For this, I’ll need passion, no question; I wouldn’t be trying this without it. But more than that, I’ll need finesse—which I suck at. But I have to pull this off; maybe I can’t make it worse, if you want to look at things that way, but it’s too important to get wrong. Which means that I’ll need the right tools and the right skills . . . So I’m asking you, friend, partner, brothers—will you help me?

“ . . . Please?”

Emiya Family Home
    Fuyuki City, Japan

Irisviel smiled, pleasantly surprised even as Kiritsugu welcomed her children and granddaughter at the door. After all, it wasn’t often these days that they got to see them; and the fact that they’d made time to visit today was especially touching.

Of course, it made her original plans for the day all the more amusing . . .

Sure enough, in the midst of hugging Ai-chan and taking in the fondly-remembered sensation of having a little girl in her arms, Irisviel heard the doorbell sound a second time. Once again, Kiritsugu welcomed in a guest.

“I—suppose I’ll return another time,” Touko Aozaki said hastily, an awkward expression on her face as she took in the company. “Please, pardon the intrusi—”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Irisviel said brightly, beaming. “This is even better than spending the day bonding over Shirou, because we can bond with him instead! And look—Ai-chan is here, too!” She held the toddler up as proof, causing the little girl to giggle.

Many might find Irisviel’s budding friendship with the Japanese witch odd, to say nothing of her insistence that the latter was Shirou’s mother, as well; but Touko had given birth to Shirou—begrudgingly or otherwise—and concluded that he was better off not being raised by her. That was, in the Veela’s eyes, a very maternal decision: Touko had acted in what she believed to be the best interests of her child. And certainly, neither Irisviel nor Ilya were going to complain about the results for their lives, personally . . .

But it had left Touko herself a rather lonely, hardened woman, and that did bother Irisviel. Therefore, she’d made it her mission to cheer the woman up, and offer her a hand in friendship—and family, if at all possible.

And this is even better than I planned . . .! Iris thought excitedly. Now, to make sure she stays for dinner . . .

Granger Family Home
    London, England

“It’s good to see you, Hermione,” her mother said. “Although I half-expected you to bring Takara, with her parents out of town . . . Or did she decide to go with Galen to the Salvatores’?”

“Galen sent his family a card, actually,” Hermione said awkwardly. “Things came up.”

“Oh,” Missus Granger said, equally awkwardly.

“And Takara had a medical procedure to observe last night—possibly quite a long one,” Hermione said, her voice increasing in rapidity as she went on. “She hadn’t been home when I left, at least, so she probably decided to kip out at the hospital rather than risk Apparating tired. Or it’s even possible that she’s still at it; it’s a remarkably complicated proce—”

“Same old sis,” Miranda drawled teasingly from the upper landing. “You’re still a chatterbox when you get on to something.”

Mira!” Hermione protested, blushing lightly. She sighed. “ . . . Sorry, but this is a complicated procedure; very experimental, and very delicate.”

“And she was invited to observe? Rather prestigious for an apprentice Healer, I imagine,” Missus Granger remarked, one eyebrow rising in inquiry.

“Takara had a hand in the design, actually,” Hermione admitted. “Along with a few more of us; this has been a year or so in the making—and I really hope it works . . .”

“OK, deep breaths . . . We can do this, we can do this—we’ve got a plan, and a place to start . . . Oh, God—this is going to hurt.

St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
    Ward 49

“Thanks for letting me come in person, Gran,” Neville said gently. “I won’t be long, I promise—we’ll make our dinner reservations on time.”

“Of course, Neville,” Augusta Longbottom said tightly. “Go on, then.”

She followed her grandson down the corridor, the sharp staccato rap of her boots echoing almost as loudly as her heart as he opened the door. Merlin, she hated this place . . .

“Luna?” she heard her grandson ask in the distance. “What are you doing here?”

“. . . Neville?” she heard faintly. A woman's voice, before the same question was echoed by another—one she hadn’t heard in far too long.

. . . GRAN!” Neville bellowed, bringing Augusta to only one possible conclusion.

“Merciful Merlin,” the old witch breathed, with as much reverence as she’d ever given anything. “They did it . . .”

“It wasn’t an unqualified success, apparently,” Miss Lovegood explained apologetically. “While equal in severity overall, Mister Longbottom’s injuries were more numerous and widespread, requiring them to go to Plan B—as Takara explained it, using Transfiguration to move the damage to the brain, rather than try to undo it.” She tilted her head in remembrance, remarking, “Fascinating process, though I’m rather off porridge and veal, now.

“In any case,” she clarified, “while they were able to bring you back, sir, it’s apparently unlikely that you’ll ever walk again.”

Franklin Longbottom’s voice was rusty from disuse, and barely a whisper, but he spoke carefully enough to make himself understood. “It might be the Calming Draught talking, but I think I can live with that price.”

“If it would’ve brought you back, I’d have paid it,” his mother declared in steely tones.

Her severity was undercut somewhat by the fact that she’d yet to let go of his hand, and only been persuaded to release him from her hug by citing a need to breathe. The familiarity of it, however, seemed to cause the elder male to relax somewhat.

. . . How?” Neville asked finally, as the shock of the honest-to-Merlin miracle he’d been handed had at last receded enough for him to question it. “I mean, I know Galen is ridiculous—I gave up trying to put limits on what he could actually accomplish years ago—but this . . .

“Legilimency, primarily,” his grandmother answered, to Neville’s surprise. “He came to me, last year, and asked permission to see and copy my memories of Frank and Alice. He asked for the names of anyone and everyone still alive who’d known them, and asked them the same—he called it a ‘living photo album’ for most of them, so they didn’t know precisely what he planned. But with that as a—what did he call it, ‘baseline?’”

“He went through your parents’ minds,” Luna picked up the explanation, “following every impression he could find, every bit of memory, and used what he’d learned to put them back together and fill in the missing pieces, as well as adding in what he could to bring them up to speed. For sixteen hours.” Even Luna, who was considered virtually unflappable, shook her head at that.

Considering what he knew of Legilimency, Neville went white. “Merlin, he must have been working for days, subjectively—if not weeks!

“Takara was a little less than pleased that he went onto your father immediately after healing your mother,” Luna admitted, before adding blithely, “But it seems to have more or less worked out.”

Something akin to a squawk made an abortive attempt to emerge from his grandmother’s throat. Neville understood the reaction perfectly.

“Neville,” his grandmother said faintly. “I once told you that despite my early misgivings, I could not have been more proud of your choices, particularly in your friends . . . It appears that, once again, I have done them the disservice of vastly underestimating them.”

“They have a habit of making people do that,” Neville agreed, before adding, “Often on purpose, in fact.”

“Well, it is rather fun,” Luna admitted, with a Cheshire grin.

“. . . True,” Neville conceded, after a moment’s thought. “But I’m still a little puzzled as to why you’re here, Luna?”

“Well, after making sure that he hadn’t given himself a hemorrhage, Takara took Galen home to get some Dreamless Sleep potion into him before putting him to bed,” Luna pointed out. “I was invited to observe the procedure, as a courtesy to the Quibbler—it is quite remarkable, after all—but as she was rather tired herself, Takara asked me to pass on the surgery details and a message, as well.”

“Message?” the Longbottoms chorused, causing Luna to smile.

“Yes,” she said brightly. “Happy Mother’s Day!

Writer's Notes: For such a simple idea, that took a lot longer than I thought . . . And I hesitate to label this a true crossover, since chocolate doesn't appear to be involved.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    You have me streaming tears Kieran.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    This one got to me, too, to be honest - and I was just looking to do something light and sentimental for Mothers' Day, since it'd been a while since I'd done a "Holidays and Hearts" piece . . . *Shakes head*

In any case, this is one of the few snippets you can take as canon, regardless of whatever else I may or may not do with the Trinity series.

. . . And I wanted a better solution than, say, relying on the Mind Stone (why yes, I am still considering an MCU storyline . . .).

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Trinity: The Harbinger, Part II

Continuing . . .

Kamar-Taj
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    One hour later

The room was quiet, panelled in wood and with sufficient openings to the air outside to allow for a great deal of sunlight to enter, but casting broad swathes of shadow, as well. And this was merely one aspect of the room’s well-balanced design. In short, it could be precisely as bright or as dark as its occupants found necessary. All in all, it was an excellent room for promoting calm, thoughtfulness, and a meditative atmosphere.

Not, however, on this day.

“Thank you for gathering so quickly, Masters,” the Ancient One addressed her pupils. “We have a situation at hand.” The bald woman turned. “Master Rama?”

“One of my pupils informed me of another Infinity Stone being discovered on Earth,” the dark-skinned man answered grimly.

“Coming from that disturbance in New Mexico?”

“No, Mordo,” Sol Rama replied to the even darker-skinned man’s question. “It was a different pupil who reported to me, and that is apparently a different matter altogether . . . But regardless, it now makes for the presence of two Infinity Stones on Earth—and the last time that was the case . . .”

He didn’t elaborate, but he didn’t really have to. All those here were of an age to recall—or knew those who had lived through—the time when two Infinity Stones were previously active upon the Earth.

Most people were aware of the Second World War, after all.

The Ancient One sighed. “Regrettably, the situation is direr than even that, I’m afraid.” At the combined stares, she explained, “There are not two Infinity Stones active upon the earth, but three—the Tesseract has been found by S.H.I.E.L.D.”

A wave of silent horror washed over the group. After all, it was common wisdom that it was unwise to keep Infinity Stones close together, lest they draw the others to them—to say nothing of unwanted attention—and on a cosmic scale, “the same planet” was very close. And to have half of the Infinity Stones here . . .

“Yes,” she said solemnly, in response to their unasked questions. “Others will come, seeking their power. Dormammu, should he be able to find a suitable pawn, certainly; and the ancient seeker, Thanos, is likely already on his way. We have little time, Masters, and much to do.

“First,” she said crisply, “see to your defences. Those beyond Earth’s dimension with any real level of mystical sensitivity will undoubtedly be aware of what is transpiring here; the Sanctums’ shields must hold, at all costs, lest we be overwhelmed. Second, prepare every sorcerer for battle, be they Master or lowest novitiate. Reach out to those who have left the path—with what is coming our way, even those with the meanest of training may be needed.”

Murmurs of acknowledgment and obedience circled around the room. She nodded once at their acceptance of her orders.

“Finally,” the Ancient One said, “if at all possible, we must acquire the Tesseract. It will not be easy to do so discreetly—but based on the writings surrounding it, the Tesseract is our best chance to resolve this situation quickly.”

By which she meant (though not all Masters present were prepared for such knowledge) that the Space Stone’s capabilities would allow them to easily open portals which could send both it and the third Stone far away from Earth. It would then require some time to reinforce the magic concealing the Eye of Agamotto, but with a bit of luck, they could do so before Thanos or other Infinity Stone hunters reached Earth. And with their prizes seemingly scattered to the four corners of reality once more, there would be no further reason to bother with the world . . .

Or so she hoped, at least. Long experience taught her that not all beings were so rational—and rarely so the ones she most wanted to be. Still, such situations were what fallback plans were for.

“As it happens, it might not be so difficult,” Sol Rama responded. “As luck would have it, another one of the London apprentices is currently consulting with the organisation to have found the Tesseract, and has some pull within their ranks, as I understand it.”

The Ancient One’s eyebrow rose—well, the ridge where she would have had one, at least, had she not shaved them. At her fellow Master’s neutral look, she sighed. “. . . It’s them, isn’t it?”

“Yes, Master,” Rama replied, in tones of equal respect and regret. “It is.”

“Of course it is . . .” Her hand went to her temples, coincidentally allowing her to conceal the involuntary twitching of her lips.

As well-intentioned and undeniably competent as they were, those nine were invariably the cause of headaches for her, for one reason or another—and nearly as many laughs. She liked most of them, and could work with all of them; she just wished they’d allow her to do so without wanting something a great deal stronger than honey in her tea . . .

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

It was an 082, according to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s classification system. In their files, it would be designated “082-,“ followed by whatever the latest entry was in the series of numerals they used.

In practice, however . . .

“It’s a hammer,” Shirou said flatly.

“A hammer that we can’t seem to move,” Agent Phillip Coulson clarified. “And one that’s apparently having strange effects on the local weather patterns that we can’t isolate a cause for.” Only the fact that Shirou could make out his eyes behind his sunglasses from so close, and knew exactly the same skills, allowed the Japanese wizard to see him scan the area before adding in an undertone, “Frankly, only the fact that MACUSA hasn’t shown up yet kept us from calling you in sooner—we assumed it wasn’t one of yours.”

The redhead shook his head. “If it is, it’s nothing I’ve ever heard of . . .” He looked at the hammer, eyes narrowing. “It’s built in a style that’s meant to mimic Viking-era craftsmanship, but it doesn’t quite match, in the same way that katana forged with modern methods and materials don’t quite come out the same as one of the classical blades. It was forged as a single piece—and it’s not made from any substance found on this planet.”

. . . God, I wish you people would join S.H.I.E.L.D. full-time,” Coulson muttered under his breath. “You’ve just done in five minutes what’s taken our people the last five hours to confirm.”

Now it was Shirou’s turn to give him a look, and the agent shrugged minimally. “It would’ve been faster, but we couldn’t actually get a sample to test. Acid, heat, lasers—you name it, that hammer wasn’t so much as smudged by it.”

“Impressive,” Shirou admitted. “Still, that’s also pretty much all I can tell you with just a look.” He did his own sweep of the area before adding, “And I don’t think I can get away with doing a more ‘in-depth’ examination under all this security . . .”

“I’ll see about arranging a hole,” Coulson promised. “Fury gave me the all-clear as soon as he authorised you coming in.”

Shirou nodded, before admitting, “I can get why you didn’t get Hermione, with the time zone, but I’m still a little surprised you didn’t go for Galen instead of me as your second choice.” He smirked. “. . . Unless Barton nagged you into it, so he could try and beat me again.”

Agent Phillip Coulson was not a man known for his sense of humour. Many—Tony Stark among them—would confidently state that he lacked one entirely, an impression not helped by the man’s remarkable poker face. But if you listened, you could hear the smile in his voice as he answered, “Having that opportunity to hold over his head is called an ‘on-the-job perk,’ I believe—but your personal qualifications make you ideal for working with this particular unknown object, at least. And as for Mister Salvatore . . .”

He shrugged. “Well, someone had to replace me as Stark’s primary guard.”

Shirou considered the likely reactions of his best friend to Stark’s usual (and well-publicised) antics.

“Did you tell the others to take lots of video?”

“I can’t compromise details of a highly-sensitive and deeply-classified operation—” Coulson began by rote.

“I’ll make the snacks,” Shirou interrupted.

“Fury also authorised our use of the central briefing room,” Coulson replied quickly. “It’s got the biggest screen and best sound system S.H.I.E.L.D. has.”

Shirou smirked. “Looking forward to it.”

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...Thor's Hammer? Is that what Shirou's looking at in the second scene?

Blog Entries
    Yup. Remember, this takes place right around when Cap is pulled out of the ice - which, in real-time terms, was the same year (movie release). Now, allowing for a certain amount of recovery time (and setup for Fury's little trick with the hospital room), it's not inconceivable that it's right around the time of Thor, as well; certainly, they had the Tesseract at some point after the movie (post-credits scene). And we know that Thor's timeframe is more-or-less simultaneous with that of Iron Man 2 . . .

. . . And really, some of this is writing itself - the character interactions, at least, are coming easily. The trickier part is the world-building; I'm basically doing Avengers: Infinity War in a pre-Avengers timeframe, so I have to consider carefully who is or isn't available right now - and why . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Yeah according to the tie in comic "Fury's Big Week"(http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...y%27s_Big_Week and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury%27s_Big_Week) Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk vs Abomination happened all in one week.
    Cap was found a year later though, in the epilogue
    Last edited by twilight666; May 21st, 2018 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight666 View Post
    Yeah according to the tie in comic "Fury's Big Week"(http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...y%27s_Big_Week and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury%27s_Big_Week) Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk vs Abomination happened all in one week.
    Cap was found a year later though, in the epilogue
    Darn. I was kind of looking forward to the idea that Sif, the Warriors Three and a mortal Thor were all the backup possible from Asgard . . . Though, to be fair, at least shifting that means that Asgard can't just come charging to the rescue (with the Bifrost under rebuild, and all).

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette