Page 1 of 103 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

For all the odd tangents and ideas the series seems to generate - or for discussions that go on a bit long. Not that I don't enjoy them, but some of them do veer off, so I've been kindly granted permission to give us all a place for them. Bring on your Evangelion crossovers, your "what ifs" and "what have yous" . . . We'll see what the series can look like from a different angle, so to speak.

(Yes, it's corny, and more than a little lame - but it's late, and I'm halfway to bed, mentally. In this state of mind, I think it's funny.)

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Wait. This is a thread for non Type-Moon fics?

Edit: Or Type-Moon/whatever here?
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Blog Entries
    *shrug* Wasn't quite sure where to put it - but this seemed logical. Lately, a lot of speculation has developed for alternate settings for my "Trinity" series (which is a Type-Moon crossover with a non-TM series) - other crossings I could have done with non-TM series, other than the one I have. Since the concept's generated a fair number of pages in the last little while, I thought its own discussion thread might be a good idea. I asked for permission, and got it - I can ask to have the thread moved, if you think it's in the wrong spot . . .

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will it still be a TarakaxAvenger and ShirouxIllya?

Though Alf made a good TMxEvangelion if you haven't read it.

Teasing the Penguin God!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the Trinity series, actually. The only limits on the series to be crossovered with seem to be "Kieran knows the series" and "they can are forced to leave leave via plot item/event at the end of the fic (like what happened in the Buffy-verse)".

That said, I think EVA is a good idea. And Galen...maybe he rescues Touji's sister while Sachiel is around, and promises to protect her. By the time he realizes he's in the Evaverse, he's bound by his promise and his own nature, while Takara and Shirou are much more closely woven into the plot. For example: Kiritsugu the overseer of the UN, or the classic "main characters of the fic are the pilots".

Blog Entries
    If main characters are still there I hope for ReixShinji or at least Asuka to ease up on the abuse and teasing.

Teasing the Penguin God!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    It's Trinity (Type-moon fanfic series)/whatever cross I believe. We had a 2 page discussion (at least that much, I think) debating the merits of having a Trinity/NGE series, and how you would go about executing it. I'm in favor of having Galen stuck as one of the crimes against humanity (Evangelion, Rei, Kaworu), since if he's one of them, he can't immediately self-destruct for a quick ending. I'm in further favor of Galen taking Rei's place, Takara taking Shinji's place, and Shirou taking Asuka's place. Illya can take Hikari Horaki's place I guess, though that would put a whole new spin on Asuka and Hikari's relationship...

If I were to assign further roles, I'd have Ciel in Misato's place, Shiki in Kaji's, Aruceid in Ritsuko's. Kiritsugu and Iris would remain Illya's parents I guess, Gendo will be Tohsaka Tokiomi, and Seele will be run by Zouken. Gilgamesh will be advising in Kozo Fuyutsuki's place. Kaworu's trolling will be done by Kotomine, Shinji's wannabe nature will make him Kensuke, and Sakura would either be marginalized as her continued role as Shinji's sister or altogether ignored. NGE's cast is pretty small if you really think about it.

And now I want to go read Crossed Destinies... (NGE/Ranma1/2 AU that is done REALLY well).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    If main characters are still there I hope for ReixShinji or at least Asuka to ease up on the abuse and teasing.
    The main characters' presence was part of the original debate, actually - with good arguments either way. The running premise for the thread is that the series will involve Shirou, Takara, and Jester (or whatever alias he assumes for the duration). Ilya's presence is optional. Heck, given their positioning, there's a good chance of Rin joining the party instead.

As for Rei and Shinji - I favour that myself. Asuka . . . Either Jester will run, or he'll attempt to kill her in the hopes of doing humanity a good deed as his final act. She's actually worse in the Rebuilds . . . *shudder*

Blog Entries
    Twin tailed tsundere...., (remembers evangelion) not sure if want.

Teasing the Penguin God!

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Kieran hates Asuka?

I think I just died a little inside.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    "Worse in Rebuild?" *eyebrow raise*

Pray tell how, exactly. Not that we've seen all that much of her in Rebuild in the first place.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    ^ I agree, she's a little bit less bitchy then the Doujin (Re-act, I think) made it worse if I remember (haven't seen much other then Rei hanging herself)

Teasing the Penguin God!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    What we've seen of Asuka in Rebuild so far (if memory serves right)

> Kills an Angel in Unit-02 as part of her debut
    > Acts Asuka-ish, and has a new last name
    > Sports a sexy new plugsuit for one scene
    > Pilots Unit-03 in Touji's stead as opposed to canon
    > Gets trashed by Unit-01 because Unit-03 goes berserk
    > Shows up with an eyepatch in the later movies................

................it pains me to say this, but I'm calling BS on that one, Kieran.
    Not that having "Galen"/"Jester"/"whatever the f*** he's calling himself this time" plotting to kill her because of old prejudices isn't a good plot point, that is. Just let it be known that trying to accomplish that won't exactly accomplish anything/do anyone any favors in the long run, and that he certainly isn't in the right. But since we know Jester is a big screw up, I guess that's to be expected.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; August 8th, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    "Worse in Rebuild?" *eyebrow raise*

Pray tell how, exactly. Not that we've seen all that much of her in Rebuild in the first place.
    Honestly, I thought Asuka was a lot more personable in Rebuild. She was just aggressive for those first fifteen minutes, but in the end she was very sweet if sad.

What about the Blood universe?

Or my personal favorite: Hellsing?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    ^
    Yeah, this.

Hellsing/Trinity?

I'd hit that like the fist of an angry God.

Blog Entries
    We'll get screwed with Hellsing.

I prefer blood+ so I can imagine Takara being badass in that universe.

Teasing the Penguin God!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    You mean you DON'T want to see the Trinity have to deal with Nazi Vampires? :/

Weirdo.

Blog Entries

Weirdo.
    Come on, I can see it:

Rin as Integra

Takara as Ceras

Shirou as the Walter Role without him Judasing.

And Jester as Alucard.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Shirou wielding awesome uber-dental floss?

I can dig it.

Oooooh, here's one:

Trinity/Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Make of this what you will.

Blog Entries

Weirdo.
    Oh right, Vampire Nazi how could I forget, though if their replacing them then that's a different story.

Just for giggles, Trinity/Hamtaro.

Teasing the Penguin God!