Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215220223224225
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4490

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

The last visual novel I read is a short one called "The language of love", which is about a romance between a person studying in order to get into university and a mother that is single and with a child due to circumstances that are explained in the novel. It was an entertaining read, and it's quite cheap too, at 10€ in Steam if you live in Europe.

But for long VNs, it's been a long time since I've seen anything announced that is worth reading honestly. I think there was something from Key but I don't recall if it was successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’m just glad more actual VNs are getting announced after what feels like at least a year since anything of note was announced, and like 2 years since anything worth it got a TL

(Seriously have we gotten anything worth playing since yumina the ethereal?)
    Yumina got its TL 2013 so yeah theres been quite a lot these last... 6 years lol.

last VN I played was Root double and eh. Didnt really feel it. Waaaaay too much repetition and it wasnt as clever and mindfucky as it thought it was. nakazawas still chasing the ghost of the brickshitting experience of Ever17’s Coco route. I preordered Uchikoshis new game on the switch, lessee if he fares better. Probably not because Zero Time Dilemma was fucking garbage.

Oh Btw last month was Ever17’s 17th anniversary.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    It's a complex issue. I get not wanting to be underpaid. But fandom demands releases, and meeting said demands means companies aren't going to be able to afford to pay much because sales just aren't there due to VNs being extremely niche, and piracy being so spread. Maybe there's some malice to it, but even Arunaru's post says the low sales don't help at all
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Apparently visual novels with console versions pay much better since ps and nintedno owners actually buy their games, but thats only possible for non-ero vns or ero vns that got beeg enough to warrant a port.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Yep. Steiner said that. Which is why he basically moved on from PC VNs to videogames, VNs with console releases (Hell, he was apparently planning Dies Switch back when the Light and Greenwood death happened) and LNs. But when you work with Alicesoft stuff like Rance, you aren't seeing console versions anytime soon
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    It’s not reeeally a complicated issue though, if you can’t find a way to stay in business without resorting to using slave labor maybe that’s a sign your business just, uh shouldn’t exist. There’s clearly negligible demand for the product or there’d be fucking sales lol.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Also, fandom can demand as much as it wants, no one is entitled to a product just because they want it - especially not to the point people are forced to work for unfair wages.
    Unless it's non-fattening, sugar-free chocolate which still tastes like chocolate.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Finished Raging Loop, it was good. Kinda farted itself with the climax but the journey was highly enjoyable and characters were very good. I can see why Nasu thought it was a masterpiece though with all the talk about etymology of myths.

But tbh probably best thing about it was that for once you get to play a death game as a proactive sly schemer instead of a passive nice guy. Really cool VN protag.

Started playing Baldr Force. The opening had me feeling extremely euphoric nostalgia despite this being my first time playing, because its been featured in so many old niconico MADs and medleys I used to watch as a teen in 00s. It was also on an old /jp/ soundtrack and on every top 100 eroge OPs lists.

its a little dated in various aspects, understandable for a 2002 eroge, but nothing too bad. In fact the interface is very snappy and smooth for a game this old. Ive finished one route so far, very hype prologue but the route was super underwhelming but Ive heard all the good stuff happens after the first couple meh routes.