Page 221 of 236 FirstFirst ... 121171211216219220221222223226231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

マリーの味方

really now

JP Friend Code
    zakuro a shit, tsukasa a cute, kimika a cutest

I'm in the middle of the It's My Own Invention chapter and nothing makes any fucking sense.
    updated 2019/1/10

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

really now
    I don't know what's more incredible; the nonsensical technobabble or the fact that Marie Antoinette is lumped in as a tyrant alongside the likes of Genghis Khan and Hitler. What VN is this, out of curiosity?

Blog Entries
    Antoinette isn't a dictator, she is a bitchy girl who bullies a white hair moe moe while a zonked out librarian flies around in the midst of drug filled shenanigans.

:|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I don't know what's more incredible; the nonsensical technobabble or the fact that Marie Antoinette is lumped in as a tyrant alongside the likes of Genghis Khan and Hitler. What VN is this, out of curiosity?
    Never read it but it's still obviously Subahibi

マリーの味方
    Spoiler:

so this is the legendary kamige...........

JP Friend Code
    heres ur kamige
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    It's true though I'm sweating semen right now

JP Friend Code
    go jerk off
    updated 2019/1/10

マリーの味方
    Spoiler:

this just keeps getting better and better

JP Friend Code
    i finished subahibi just yesterday and tbh, invention is still my least favorite chapter despite everyone saying its great.
    updated 2019/1/10

After a few hours of Uta3, hurray, Kuon gets to be happy again. I kind of wish the twins would just go away, though.

Two new units. I knew about the first but not the second. They both look promising. One is basically Karura except with terrible movement and the other makes Rulutieh cry by being better in basically every way. Going to have to use my transfer game bonus thingy to make the first one's movement rate tolerable. Also, I was kind of expecting her to be light attribute, not fire. I guess we just don't get to have any light based attacks.

Scratch that, the light based character joined at the same time. Also, she's annoying.

Atuy is smarter than she looks.
    Last edited by Arha; September 9th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Just finished Golden Hour. I feel... kind of empty inside now. Actually a good VN though, haven't been so immersed in one since Grisaia.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaChrisQ View Post
    i finished subahibi just yesterday and tbh, invention is still my least favorite chapter despite everyone saying its great.
    on insects still but i'd probably agree, invention was pretty bad for the majority of it. though the last 15% was really good, particularly everything with kimika. she's too cute.

Blog Entries
    uta3 is great, shinonon is too powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    on insects still but i'd probably agree, invention was pretty bad for the majority of it. though the last 15% was really good, particularly everything with kimika. she's too cute.
    imo you already made it past the least interesting chapter (although in hindsight it's highly relevant and interesting but, not in actual execution), so the rest of subahibi's only a grasp away. insects is either pretty great(kimika end) or really uncomfortable and sad to read(insects end). kimika makes everything better tbh.
    updated 2019/1/10

Finished Uta3. I felt like the story really lost a lot of steam after the civil war ended and I'm not really satisfied with the ending. I also felt like the game tried too hard to shove the cast of the first game onto the player. I mean, I did like them, but this isn't their game anymore. Uta2 also seemed like it was setting up a return for Gundhurua but I guess the writers decided to cut that at the last minute because he never shows up again and just gets a vague 'I heard he died offscreen' from some secondary villain. After all, the game felt pretty bloated already at time.

Spoiler:
    I didn't like how the story just kind of gave up on turning the Tatari back into humans after Haku was all 'Nothing is impossible!' to Hakuoro. Haku running around just randomly helping people in the ending also comes across as kind of weird given how firmly the game established that all wishes come with a price. But I guess at least he's back together with Kuon. Maybe. The game is annoyingly open ended on that. Woshis was also a really weak final villain. Maybe I was expecting too much of him but I can't believe the game actually tried that 'I could have been like you if I were alone. Maybe in another time we could have been friends' cliche. I think my favorite scene with him is Shichirya totally screwing him over and taunting him about how it feels to be betrayed by someone you trusted unquestioningly.

Anyway, despite all those complaints, it was still a pretty fun game, if perhaps kind of easy. But then I was playing on normal difficulty. I'll play it again on hard after Nerofest ends since I am way behind on clearing boxes and the shop.

マリーの味方
    Finished Subahibi. Also reread RH1 as suggested by a few people. It was definitely a good idea, as Zakuro got somewhat shafted in the second half of the VN, and RH1 is a fitting conclusion to her story. I think I actually enjoyed RH1 more on my second read.

Overall Subahibi was really great. Like most mysteries, I feel it sort of loses some luster once everything is explained, but it was still great. Kimika was cute but in the end I think Yuki is the cutest.

JP Friend Code
    it's amazing how zakuro's cryptic bs all makes sense when you reread RH1.

i guess my only real complaint is that despite how long It's My Own Invention is(a third of the entire game's text), I feel like we haven't really gotten enough out of that chapter's Takuji. Since he does go Savior mode halfways through and all, and I consider that just an insane version of him.
    updated 2019/1/10

マリーの味方
    Doki Doki Literature Club! is unironically amazing.