Thread: Fate/Election Night - IC thread

Blog Entries

Fate/Election Night - IC thread

Day One - Saturday
    7:00 PM
    Fuyuki City

An abandoned office building. The man looked up at the dark side of the building, reminiscing. Let this break-in not end like the last one. Striding up to the doors, he took out a pipe wrench from the inside of his suit. Swinging it once, he broke through the chain holding the door shut, and walked inside.

Climbing up about six floors, he came to the top floor in the building. Walking about it, he came to the office of what looked to be the president of the company: nice and expansive, with a large desk and chair. Perhaps another man had once sat here, and was deposed without cause, bringing the company to collapse. Obviously not a very important man, though. He sat down. The desk wasn’t what he was used to, or what he deserved, but for now, it would do.

He removed a document from his pocket, laying it out on the desk.
    A BILL
    To enact the beginning of the fifth ritual known as the Holy Grail War, to provide for the wishes of the winners to be granted at the conclusion of said war, and for other purposes….

Retrieving a pen from his suit, he scrawled a name across the bottom.

Looking out over the city, he thought to himself. This would be interesting.

Across the city, seven people felt their hands or arms begin to burn with a sign of Masterhood...
    Last edited by SeiKeo; August 10th, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Day One: Saturday
    7:00 A.M.
    Fuyuki City, Warehouse District

The sun was beginning to rise and a large man walked through the district. He passed by warehouse and warehouse until he came accross one particular warehouse. This one was long abandoned and the man had found it with a stroke of luck and made into his base. While he could've easily rented a hotel room he enjoyed the sound of water and the river was right next to this place and that soothed him and reminded him of his past.

Opening the great door to the warehouse he felt his hand and he winced in pain as the seal was created. Raising his left hand he saw the seal and decided it was time to begin the summoning. Walking into the center of the large building he took the Cutlass that was strapped on his belt and made a deep cut into his right arm.

While most people would wince and cower from the intense pain he stood strong making the cut deeper and deeper until the blood began to run freely and into his hand. Maintaining his focus he began to create a circle one that would summon a being more powerful than anything alive.

As he continued to write the complex circles and figures he thought to himself. About the even that changed his life forever and that damned beast that fueled his pain and gave him the strength to maintain his focus.

"Oh I see your time has almost come, maybe you should allow me to help you? After you I know you just want to suck all that delicious blood that is pouring from your hand. Just think about it let you pain go and join me then with the power of us combined we could obtain ultimate power!"

'You damned monster you know why I'm doing this. The sooner I accomplish my goal the sooner I can stop your madness. I refuse now and I will continue to refuse for all eternity. Even if you can help I will not give into such a being who loves cruelty such as yourself.'

After a fierce slap on the face he refocused and continued to draw the circle. Ignoring the strange and slimy voice in his head.

9:00 A.M.

He had finally finished. If anything he could have just as easily used something else to create the circle but he believed in order to get the Servant most like him what better catalyst would be than himself?

Finally the clock struck 9 this was the time his power was at the strongest, the time he would use to summon a being of amazing strength. While most people would use simpler circles to summon he believed that the bigger it was the better it would be and his circle was amazingly complex both in design and size.

His hand shook in pain the power of the curse being the only thing keeping him going. With a final check to make sure the circle was perfect he gathered all the energy he could and focused it all into the hat he was wearing. This strange hat would act as his mystic code and would be able transfer its energy into the cutlass he would use to summon. Raising his sword up in the air he shouted the familiar words he had often said, perhaps too often nowadays. "Wind and Rain I call to you! Aid me in my plea and give me the strength I need in order to fight!" There was a thunderous roar and his sword once again glowed with the power of electricity.

Holding it in his left hand he began to strike at the circle every time he did, a thunderous roar echoed in the warehouse and a piece of the circle would light with energy. When he had finished with the last part he took the sword in both hands and stuck it in the exact center of the circle. With a final bright flash the sword and the circle both began to glow awaiting the man's words that would complete the ritual.

Taking the flintlock pistol that was also strapped to my belt and remembering the words that I had learned from a former participant of the war, I began after speaking each phrase I shot into one of the figures it, causing it to spark and make more energy gather into the circle.

“ – Set"

BANG!
    'I shall not fail this.'

"Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade."

BANG! 'I cannot afford to fail.'

"If thou submitteth to the call of the Holy Grail, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond.”

BANG! 'Their death's must be avenged.'

The hand that had been cut began to heat and rot. 'No,' "Why not?" 'I told you no,'"Think of all the pleasure we could have torturing the children of Emiya?" 'I SAID NOOOO!,' "You can't keep me away forever, one day I will take over and make your life a living hell."
    Wincing in pain and barely managing to keep my focus I continued.

“ – I make my oath here. I am that person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven. I am
    that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.”

BANG! BANG! 'If I fail my journey will be for nothing.'

“Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past they restraining rings, and be thou
    the hands that protect the balance – !”

BANG! BANG! BANG! 'I'm sorry, I couldn't be there.'

With a final shot there was a flash that was even brighter than the previous ones. And from the power of the circle stood a man who spoke his voice echoing through the large and vacant building. "I ask of you, are you my Master?"
    Last edited by Milbunk; August 25th, 2011 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    9:00 P.M.

"I ask of you, are you my Master... is what I should ask, isn't it? Hm?" A distinguished gentleman struts out of the haze in a confident, calculated gait. A loud voice obviously, but one powerful, throaty, and coming from the bottom of his torso, he speaks, "I am... a firm believer in empirical evidence, so tell me, show me, prove to me, lad, that you are that whom I, in this war, shall be bound, thrice, by powers of this ritual. For otherwise, without proof, you shall be but a bystander, and bystanders, they shall be killed, no? Even if it must be done, by such a man as I, by this simple... Archer." He grimaces, stopping just inches away from the summoner, seemingly without a care and not focusing his sight upon the man at all.

Blog Entries

The man could barely pay attention to the strange Servants rant. After a few moments of silence he spoke. "Sir, if what you said was the equivalent to asking if I was your Master then yes I am, and if you'll excuse my rude question why are you talking like that?"

After he managed to get those words out he fell to one knee the toll of such a complex summoning finally catching up to him and his right finally began to burn in an intense pain. Though it had cooled down and had stopped rotting it now hurt even more.
    Last edited by Milbunk; August 25th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    9:00 P.M.

"
    Ha! Straight to the point, like that one man, my friend, our Great Leader! Well, well!" He clapped twice, thousands of miniscule sparks surrounding his fingertips for barely a second before he folded his hands behind his back. "...At least you have better manners. Well. What's the first order of business?"

He spread his senses, encompassing the warehouse, encompassing the area... Information flooded into his mind from the Grail. He spin on his heels before smiling at this young man before him. "So... what's the first order of business, Master? Is there something, anything of your mind, that you need? I have much to explore of the world. To think it has changed so much, I have much to catch up on. Ah, but what I want to know is... why am I speaking in this chinky dinky language?"
    Last edited by deviatesfish; August 11th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries

"The first thing I would like to do is get some sleep. Summoning such a strong being as yourself as taken quite the toll on me and right now it's rather hard to remain conscious. And after that I would like to go the house of Emiya where I must meet a man named Kiritsugu's heir. While I rest though you are free to do whatever you want, oh and before I forget. I don't really like the idea of Servant and Master so do you have a name of some sort that I could call you? Of course I won't use it while other people are around but while were alone it would be rather rude to just call you Archer. My name is Kuuya Amakase" He held out his hand as an offer of friendship one he was hoping the Servant would accept.

"Oh and I think the reason for your language has something to do with the grail. I've heard that it can download all the information a Servant will need in order to make survival much easier."
    Last edited by Milbunk; August 25th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    9:05 P.M.

"Yes, yes, I can sense it already. There is much to be studied, there is much science to be done!" He laughed, grasping the man who was his so-called Master's hand and shaking it heartily, "Perhaps I shall even make a neat gun!"

He scratched his scalp several times before calming down and grinning. He patted this boy's head, ruffling his hair, "Good lad, good lad. Call me... Ben. I was once, long ago, known as the simple man, whose name was Franklin. That was far before your time, lad! But what shall I call you? Kuuya Amakase is such a mouthful. Perhaps..." Ben scratched his chin in thought before shouting, "I shall call you Kuu-chan? Amy? No, no, too silly, so silly. I suppose I shall settle for Kuuya..." He sighed.

"Go and sleep, I'll find you later, Master! For now, I shall search and study, I shall learn the great changes of the world since the time of my death! For above all else, I am a student of life, and all these new innovations fascinate me greatly!" His body shimmered as he astralized, "Perhaps I shall ransack a library? Loot a museum? From what I can tell, this... the capital of this tiny island is not far. Maybe I shall even find a thing or two you will need? Do you need anything?"

Blog Entries
    9:05 A.M.

"Alright then, Ben and I don't mind you stealing just promise me you won't hurt anyone." He began to wrap his injured hand with a bandage while he was talking.

"No for now I have my trusty Cutlass, Flintlock Pistol, and Pirate hat and that's all I need, for now at least but if you think you can do something with my equipment feel free, now if you will excuse me I'll go and get some rest. I have a lot of stuff to do later today."
    Last edited by Milbunk; August 25th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Day Two: Sunday
    1:50 A.M.
    Fuyuki City, Tohsaka Mansion

The young magus Tohsaka Rin's magical power is nearly at its peak. Two o'clock in the morning is when her potential will be at its greatest, and her entry into the Holy Grail War will be as strong as she could hope it to be. In the basement of her family's mansion is a symbol etched on the floor and traced over with melted jewels. Despite the cost, it is better than other magi, who use blood to perform their ritual. Tohsaka Rin is not the first in this Holy Grail War to commit to summoning a Servant, but she is determined to live up to her ancient family's legacy. She will summon Saber, the most powerful Servant, granted tot he most powerful Master. Of that she is sure.

She speaks the first words of the incantation for summoning a Servant for the Holy Grail War. The traced diagram glows blue with crackling magical energy.

As the ritual goes on her body is wracked with pain, not of emptying but of being filled with energy, energy that threatens to make her burst from stress, but she holds firm. The scorching she feels is merely a test by the Grail to determine whether or not she is capable, trying to cause her to stray from her course, miss a few words, and ruin the summoning.

As practiced, she speaks every word of the incantation. The chosen time is nigh, her power is at its peak.

The diagram on the basement floor heats up and now is a burning light on the ground, filling the air all around Tohsaka Rin.

The power rises.

Tohsaka Rin feels burning up her arm, the sensation of being granted a command seal, the mark of a Master in the Holy Grail War. Her work is complete, just at the correct time to harness all of her magical power. The lights fade, her jeweled tracing has entirely evaporated, and the etching has disappeared as if eroded away by the sheer force of the magic itself. She lets out a sigh.

Then, there is a crash from above, from her living room. The ritual over, she rushes up the basement stairs to see the disturbance.

Lounging on her couch, surrounded by ruined furniture, is a man in a suit, with greying auburn hair and a determined look in his eyes. Rin is confused and unsure about how to proceed.

"Are... are you my Servant?" She asks timidly, ignoring the damage to her house for the moment. The Grail War is more immediately important.

The man nods. "This Grail has deemed that it is so. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, I am John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and you are...?"

Rin doesn't even answer him. "You mean... the president? That Kennedy? The one that was shot forty years ago?"

JFK smiles bitterly at the memory. "Yes, the very same."

Regaining her composure, Rin introduces herself. "I am Tohsaka Rin, magus of the Tohsaka family." She surveys the damage all around. "Are you going to clean this up, or are you just going to lay there?"

"Ha, a feisty girl, are you? I am sorry for what my summoning seems to have done to your living room, but I guess it can't be helped. I'm here now, and I am fully prepared to serve as your Servant in this Holy Grail War."

He sets himself to fixing her living room, cleaning the debris while Rin leaves the room to go to her kitchen, and makes tea to calm her nerves after this new, shocking experience. Despite all her research and her father's faith in her, she could never have known the real sensation of summoning a being as powerful as a Servant, in the war that was about to commence.

Blog Entries
    9:15 P.M.
    Fuyuki City, Bookstore A

"Hahaha! These books are wonderful!" He shouts, ignoring all the Asian people who were pointing and whisper at him strangely. He never bothered filtering the whispers of the Grail about culture anyway, it would be much better to experience it for himself. "Look at this... look at this... Here I was, thinking light worked that way, but now... oh, ho? Atoms? Is that what they call it? Fascinating! Hm? An English book? So small... A Brief History of Time? I suppose this could be interesting..." In a simple sleight of hand, the book disappeared into the sleeves of his jacket, even without anyone noticing it had disappeared. In fact, in their unprotected minds, it was as if this book was never there. "Modern mechanics...? I wonder how the children had improved upon my inventions...?"

After taking one copy of every book in the library that had to do with science, medicine, music, and mechanics, Ben sighed. "So much to read, so little time... Thankfully, I can speed read well enough..." One of the books that he had taken earlier slipped out of his sleeves and into his hands. He smirked at the title, "This may be useful... War Made New: Technology, Warfare, and the Course of History..."

As he read and walked down the street, evading sight of the mundane, Ben grumbled to to himself. "I need... I need a good sandwich. But..." He scanned the city, "Where to go?"

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    The still, arm-less, bleeding form of the women who went by the name of Bazett greatly pleased the man known as Kotomine. With her command seals, Kotomine now has control over the Servant known as Beserker, the strongest of the seven standard classes.

Before Beserker could react, the priest quickly used up a command seal. The order was simple, to fight all the Servants but not fight to kill them. So with great distaste, the Servant, with no choice on the matter, left the place in order to complete Kotomine's absolute command.

'Beserker will surely serve me well as a scout', thought the priest as he left for his church with an empty smirk.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    12:15 P.M.
    Fuyuki City, Restaurant
    'Tis a tragedy, such that I, a simple man named Franklin, was unable to found any spectacular food of the Americas while meandering through town. Why it is but one of the finest of pleasures, just below the carnal, o enjoy the great foods of the world. Why hath my countrymen not made delicacies that hath yet spread through the world? I pondered upon such a question for many a minutes, before a simple clergyman invited me to join him in the feasting made by Chinamen. He seemed rather tired, though hardworking, with a subtle grin on his face as he beckoned me in. He must really enjoy doing the Lord's business, for he even began to lecture me on the Will of the Lord. Who am I, just a simple man, to question the Lord? I pulled up a chair and joined the clergyman at his table. He introduced himself to me as the priest most loyal, Kotomine Kirei. Such a silly name, but I shall keep my resentments of being summoned in such a land away from the ears of the Clergy. After all, was it not I who suggested a separation between the Church and State? Whatever the case, I pull out a book, all the while weathering the young Churchman's words. He placed a hot plate in my front, one filled to the brim.
    "You are such a kind man," I say to him, and he smiles to me in return.
    He replies kindly, "I am only doing the work of the lord."
    And so I nod in respect, for it is such dedication that seeing people through the years. He calls this plate... "Mapo Tofu", what a strange, fascinating dish. So Absentmindedly, I picked up my spoon, all the while still reading on the atomic bomb... As the taste hit my tongue, the most peculiar of sensations. I felt as if I were floating, floating in the hells of fire.
    "Oh, what marvelous dish," I say to Kotomine Kirei, "I must have more!"
    One dish, two dishes, three more to go... I wolfed them down like no tomorrow.
    "What did you say this was called again?" I wondered aloud.
    "Oh, but Mapo Tofu," The dear Priest replied, "Do share, share with everyone you see!"
    I nodded with a smile, "Oh yes, of course!"
    Last edited by deviatesfish; August 24th, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    2:00 P.M.
    Fuyuki City, Highschool
    I was walking passed the local academia when I saw the most peculiar thing: a young boy with the most distinctive hair, blue and wavy like that of an old, dear friend, flirting with two girls. Such childish, such amateur actions! I walked up to him casually, listening to his words, as he tried to talk to young ladies, obbviously, ultimately, into his bed. What a child! Ah, but he reminds me so much of my old friend, that good Russian, who had helped me out in a bind back in France! I shall teach this young lab a thing or two about manhood, and perhaps even inquire upon the whereabouts of my good friend Zouken!
    I walked up to the young lad, regaling him with my manly manliness of manhood! He stood, gaping, while his young female friends giggled and blushed, slinking closer to me like harlots and rubbing themselves all over me. As I smirked victoriously, watching him shake out of his stupor, and raise his tone at me in rage, I asked of him, "Are you related to my old friend, dear old Zouken? I have not seen him in ages, do invite me over if you know of him. I'm sure he is one of your ancestors, but that man just won't die!"

Blog Entries
    10:00 A.M.

The pain in both my head and arm had finally subsided. After replacing the bandage around my arm and tested it to make sure it was in working condition I set off for Emiya Mansion. Some would say I am impatient, if they were to tell me that I would say "I may be impatient but at least I am not stupid".

10:30 A.M.
    Fuyuki City, Emiya Mansion

One knock, two knock, three knocks and still no response. 'Huh he must be at school it is Saturday after all, at least he seems to be a good kid whoever he is.' Turning around I take my leave and head for Homurahara Academy. Maybe I can catch him there.