Page 102 of 574 FirstFirst ... 2529297100101102103104107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 11473

Thread: The Cherry Blossom Club

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    ...Because it's lolmodabuse?

Right. I can't say I'd be happy either if that happened to me.
    Well, I have to agree with that.

Though I wonder-- What did Keyne write? Erotical Black hole?
    Just "you'll get sucked in", I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Well, Mike isn't allowed to troll in the Shinji fanclub. Altima slapped him down when he was.

So, at least he's being consistent.
    I don't troll the Shinji fanclub, I just don't like the fact that I'm not allowed to mention that he's a total asshole even though he quite patently is.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Mike, clothed sex or naked sex? It could be about any T-M girl or real life. What would you choose?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I don't troll the Shinji fanclub, I just don't like the fact that I'm not allowed to mention that he's a total asshole even though he quite patently is.
    Because it is a fan club, not a discussion club.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Because it is a fan club, not a discussion club.
    But they're eulogising an attempted mass-murderer and repeated rapist....

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Most everything Al writes is nonsensical so I am okay~
    In my case, EVERYTHING i write is nonsensical.

Flip the skirt up and SLAM it in!
    JAJAJA.

Blog Entries
    If we disallow fanclubs for murderers and rapists this section would be pretty much empty.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    for example, sakura is a mass-murderer too. =p
    but a serial killer is fine too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we look at it legally, it wasn't Sakura that did the killing.

That is, she could put forward an insanity plea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonorris View Post
    for example, sakura is a mass-murderer too. =p
    but a serial killer is fine too.
    OH NO DO NOT START THAT IN HERE!

But seriously, Kotomine also has a fanclub, and he isn't really that much of a nice person.

*prepares the Pizza RM*

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post
    If we look at it legally, it wasn't Sakura that did the killing.

That is, she could put forward an insanity plea.
    I don't think she'd even need to do that, actually, at least not in this country. There was a case a year or so ago where someone killed their wife in their sleep (thinking she was a burglar or something), and they were ruled not guilty of murder (or even manslaughter) because they had not been in consciously aware of their actions. As for the two or three people she did kill consciously (depending on whether you consider killing Shinji to be a conscious act), two of them were self-defense. The only one who wasn't was Kotomine, really, and there she would indeed just plead insanity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Tohno's Avatar
    And a fictional one, too~

Shiki Tohno can rape people. Shirou can be a coward too. And Sakura can devour both Tohsaka and Shirou into the darkness. People gloss over things like that when they're setting up fanclubs.

I don't think she'd even need to do that, actually, at least not in this country. There was a case a year or so ago where someone killed their wife in their sleep (thinking she was a burglar or something), and they were ruled not guilty of murder (or even manslaughter) because they had not been in consciously aware of their actions.
    That man should put forth an insanity plea. Any man who sees a strange woman in his house and kills her definitely needs to fix his priorities.

Double Post for Great Justice!

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think she'd even need to do that, actually, at least not in this country. There was a case a year or so ago where someone killed their wife in their sleep (thinking she was a burglar or something), and they were ruled not guilty of murder (or even manslaughter) because they had not been in consciously aware of their actions. As for the two or three people she did kill consciously (depending on whether you consider killing Shinji to be a conscious act), two of them were self-defense. The only one who wasn't was Kotomine, really, and there she would indeed just plead insanity.
    That's in your country, what about the laws of Japan? Do they allow insanity and self-defense? Is it really self-defense? What are the conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    That's in your country, what about the laws of Japan? Do they allow insanity and self-defense? Is it really self-defense? What are the conditions?
    Unless you're doing that to troll Mike, I'd point out that overall that's really trivial. Personally, I don't care what the law of a country says about someone's moral standing; a government isn't a god. Whether it's Japan or Taiwan, the idea of what constitutes proper self-defense and insanity should, though isn't necessarily, be global. We could probably make better progress on this topic by tackling that.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohno-san View Post
    Unless you're doing that to troll Mike, I'd point out that overall that's really trivial. Personally, I don't care what the law of a country says about someone's moral standing; a government isn't a god. Whether it's Japan or Taiwan, the idea of what constitutes proper self-defense and insanity should, though isn't necessarily, be global. We could probably make better progress on this topic by tackling that.
    But let me tell you, Tohno-san. The penal code of Japan seems to have differences from the global perspective. There, you either can get a decade or death penalty. That's it. Let us suppose their views on defense and insanity is different.

Oh, well, if the topic is about what kind of sentence Sakura should get in Japanese Law, then, uh, carry on. I thought we were talking about morality and ethics, not legal systems. >.>

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That man should put forth an insanity plea. Any man who sees a strange woman in his house and kills her definitely needs to fix his priorities.
    He didn't "see a strange woman in his house", he was dreaming that someone had attacked him, so he turned around in his sleep and strangled his wife/girlfriend.

Yeah, this. It is not remotely relevant what the law of Japan says on the matter (neither in terms of our decision or in terms of what will actually happen to her), all that is important is whether she is morally responsible.

But let me tell you, Tohno-san. The penal code of Japan seems to have differences from the global perspective. There, you either can get a decade or death penalty. That's it. Let us suppose their views on defense and insanity is different.
    And?

What relevance does the law have to someone who is far more powerful than anyone who will enforce it?

Oh, well, if the topic is about what kind of sentence Sakura should get in Japanese Law, then, uh, carry on. I thought we were talking about morality and ethics, not legal systems. >.>
    Well, I certainly wasn't talking about that. Plus, I agree entirely with you. The sentence she "should" get in Japan is the same as the sentence she should get in the rest of the world. And, for that matter, the sentence she would get in Japan is the same also, that being "not guilty by reason of Rider"....

Blog Entries
    And?

What relevance does the law have to someone who is far more powerful than anyone who will enforce it?
    And you think Magi are invulnerable to modern weaponry? Remember Kiritsugu. If a gun wouldn't kill her, then surely a missile. That is, if she resists arrest.

Well, I certainly wasn't talking about that. Plus, I agree entirely with you. The sentence she "should" get in Japan is the same as the sentence she should get in the rest of the world. And, for that matter, the sentence she would get in Japan is the same also, that being "not guilty by reason of Rider"....
    Nevertheless, "should" is not the same as "would".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And you think Magi are invulnerable to modern weaponry? Remember Kiritsugu. If a gun wouldn't kill her, then surely a missile.
    Well, ignoring the fact that she's never going to get found out, I very much doubt that they would go to those lengths to arrest someone. The only way they would even consider such actions is if they knew that she was a magus, which would mean that she would have far worse things to worry about than the Japanese government trying to arrest her. And, even if they did, they'd have to do it with no warning, because whilst Sakura might not be able to tank a missile, Rider sure as hell could.

That is, if she resists arrest.
    She probably wouldn't, but there's no way in hell either Rider or Shirou would allow her to be executed, or even sentenced to a prison spell.

Nevertheless, "should" is not the same as "would".
    Yes, and given that the government has no way of finding out that she's responsible, no way of proving it and no way of enacting her sentence, what "would" happen is precisely nothing.