Page 103 of 574 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 11473

Thread: The Cherry Blossom Club

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, ignoring the fact that she's never going to get found out, I very much doubt that they would go to those lengths to arrest someone. The only way they would even consider such actions is if they knew that she was a magus, which would mean that she would have far worse things to worry about than the Japanese government trying to arrest her. And, even if they did, they'd have to do it with no warning, because whilst Sakura might not be able to tank a missile, Rider sure as hell could.
    And by the time they resist arrest, along with Rider, if ever Sakura gets caught in the crossfire or actively tries to fight back, if ever she gets killed, then Rider's days will be numbered. Wallah, Rider is no more.

She probably wouldn't, but there's no way in hell either Rider or Shirou would allow her to be executed, or even sentenced to a prison spell.
    As for the case of Shirou, he's less powerful than Sakura. Once they see him wielding weaponry even just a simple blade, he will be shot. Rider's her only hope, yes, but that will expose the Magi to the government.

Yes, and given that the government has no way of finding out that she's responsible, no way of proving it and no way of enacting her sentence, what "would" happen is precisely nothing.
    Trying to summon walking shadows of death while on a rampage, you call that unaccountable? That's the same going Columbine, only seven levels higher. As for the enacting her sentence, the more she resists arrests, the higher chances that she will be shot. That is what would happen.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Tohno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    And by the time they resist arrest, along with Rider, if ever Sakura gets caught in the crossfire or actively tries to fight back, if ever she gets killed, then Rider's days will be numbered. Wallah, Rider is no more.
    This is a pointless exercise. We're going beyond the arm of the law and rather talking about the methods a government would use (military, and possibly foreign intervention) to stop what they would designate 'a terrorist threat' - and a tricky one to handle, being non-magical and all. Also, the Magi Association, not the Japanese government, by this stage would be involved, so it's all a null point with regards to the Japanese government.

As for the case of Shirou, he's less powerful than Sakura. Once they see him wielding weaponry even just a simple blade, he will be shot. Rider's her only hope, yes, but that will expose the Magi to the government.
    Wow Kotomine you should've just shot Shirou that would've killed him I mean hitting him about 100 times when you're the hulk didn't do it
    Come on, he's her hero. No matter what plotline he stars in, if she's the heroine, he'll either save her or its a bad end. He's got Nine Lives Blade Works in his repertoire of villain-killers to boot.

Trying to summon walking shadows of death while on a rampage, you call that unaccountable? That's the same going Columbine, only seven levels higher. As for the enacting her sentence, the more she resists arrests, the higher chances that she will be shot. That is what would happen.
    I fail to see the comparison between two misguided, nihilistic youths, and a girl who has been raped physically and mentally and then enfused with powers beyond her comprehension. As for being 'shot' - only a small portion of the Association would even care about her if she confined her hungering darkness to Japan, and they would take their sweet time stopping her otherwise.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    But that's not going to happen.

And? If they know what she did then they know about magecraft anyway.

Trying to summon walking shadows of death while on a rampage, you call that unaccountable? That's the same going Columbine, only seven levels higher.
    And how exactly is the government going to prove any of this? Plus, like I said, she's not responsible anyway.

As for the enacting her sentence, the more she resists arrests, the higher chances that she will be shot. That is what would happen.
    She's too powerful, and Rider most certainly is. Hell, if they wanted to they could take down the entire Japanese government. Given that she didn't really do anything wrong and isn't a significant danger any more (at least no more so than other magi are), attempting to arrest her would be insane.

Plus, she doesn't have to "resist arrest", she can quite happily get arrested, be taken to prison and then immediately break out again, and there is nothing they can do to stop it. Particularly if Rider initiates the break-out, because Sakura would then not be acting in a manner which would justify killing her (and by the time she is, she would be on the back of Pegasus flying away at 500 MPH...).

Quote Originally Posted by Tohno-san View Post
    This is a pointless exercise. We're going beyond the arm of the law and rather talking about the methods a government would use (military, and possibly foreign intervention) to stop what they would designate 'a terrorist threat' - and a tricky one to handle, being non-magical and all. Also, the Magi Association, not the Japanese government, by this stage would be involved, so it's all a null point with regards to the Japanese government.
    Yeah, exactly. If it ever gets to a stage where the government would be firing missiles at her, the Association would have gotten involved long ago. Hell, if the goverment even finds out what she did (to the extent that they could prosecute her for it), the Association would be getting involved because all of her "crimes" were magical in nature, or at least require a knowledge of magic to understand.

Blog Entries
    Just gonna point out that 500 mph is hilariously slow for air defense and depending on where the prison is they could be uncomfortably close to the US 7th Fleet. But anyways, if Sakura doesn't take the blame for the shadow, who does?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Just gonna point out that 500 mph is hilariously slow for air defense and depending on where the prison is they could be uncomfortably close to the US 7th Fleet.
    If they feel like chasing down a magical flying horse then yeah, I guess. But, by the time they get the chance she'll be way out of range. And, again, this is a moot point because if they're at the point of trying to shoot down fucking Pegasus I think the Magic Association just might get involved....

But anyways, if Sakura doesn't take the blame for the shadow, who does?
    Zouken, of course.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    *prepares the Pizza RM*
    Gimme a space in the couch, this is gettin' better and better.

**take's a pizza from the UPW**

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonorris View Post
    Gimme a space in the couch, this is gettin' better and better.

**take's a pizza from the UPW**
    Just watch out. If you feel something wet under your ass, it's probably Archer's cum.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just gonna point out that 500 mph is hilariously slow for air defense and depending on where the prison is they could be uncomfortably close to the US 7th Fleet. But anyways, if Sakura doesn't take the blame for the shadow, who does?
    Ask yourself this though, if in such a case that magic is found out and expose to the world, more than just Sakura would face punishments (although this would honestly get an insanity plea easy, due to human experimentation and psychological scarring that would be added to the testimony, at the utmost, given all the facts, she would spend the rest of her life in a mental institution, but likely, as the experiment herself, she would undergo psychological evaluation, but there is no precedent to go by.). But as Tohno-san said, this is out of the realm of what the government could handle, since they would be busy hunting magi themselves, and gathering intel as they find out about that underworld, leading this trail to go on for weeks. Hell, if Saber and the rest had been exposed to the public, they would likely be detained, and, if Rin was also seen to have a hand in even letting such a war happen, not to mention that he Magic Association would likely kill all involved before it hits the media, and imprison every one of our heroes.

Basically, you guys really don't wanna open that can of worms on what would happen if magic was exposed to the public. The thing is, Zouken and Shinji's deaths wouldn't even put a bit of right to the wrongs committed against her, in that vein, she does not receive the justice due either. And as said before, for even starting the ritual, even with observation, Rin put the entire town's populace at risk, so she would indeed be culpable.

The thing you have just said, is that you would find a human experiment guilty, when there are obvious psychological issues that should have been dealt with, and that the person who flagrantly put the town at risk is less culpable than the person who was used as a weapon. In fact, if we are being fair, I see no one ever looking at that from this neutral standpoint. If you are going to execute her, why not both. If we put the evidence down, as I said before, as an unprecedented case, things will get extremely sticky, if the Magi Association doesn't just kill the witnesses and imprison the gang.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    I did not say that I would find Sakura guilty and place the blame on her; I asked who would.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I did not say that I would find Sakura guilty and place the blame on her; I asked who would.
    I see, you weren't very clear then. Sorry about that.

Well obviously like I said, if the deaths during the war are pointed in her direction and magic is exposed....

It would be a media circus, that is, if the MA doesn't just censor the whole ordeal, which I'm sure they would try there best to. But it would be a mess if they did not. The people involved likly wouldn't understand the situation, understandably. This is coupled witht he fact, "Magic? What the fuck?!" reactions you would get for a good long time. It would definitely just be crazy for quite awhile.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    Sounds about right. Everyone goes batshit insane, the Assc can't cover it up, witch hunts... yeah, pretty crazy.

Blog Entries
    Funny thing is, I am trying to figure out what I will do if such a thing would happen in the Post HF True story I'm thinking up. It would be a good first case to use a victim of the Shadow's attacks to get into terrorism, obsessed with finding the culprit, now that magic is revealed.

The main issue I am having is that I can't decide on cases/missions for the gang to go on, and society's reaction to it.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure that the Association has a backup plan if they get exposed.
    The problem is that backup plan may be "they can't really hurt us, kill 'em all"

Blog Entries
    You'd think that, but I think the advent of social media and technology would be their greatest adversaries. Since traditionally they just don't associate with it, people like Kiritsugu would be their best friends. However, those same people might sympathize with people who want to know the truth, as they might not be xenophobic magi.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, there are certainly some people who would. But, the point I was making, at least, is that Japanese (or any other) law is entirely irrelevant here, because Sakura is never going to be subject to it. She's just too powerful, she has too many powerful allies and there are too many powerful people who would go to any lengths (including killing her, her entire family and, if necessary, the entirety of Fuyuki) to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Funny thing is, I am trying to figure out what I will do if such a thing would happen in the Post HF True story I'm thinking up. It would be a good first case to use a victim of the Shadow's attacks to get into terrorism, obsessed with finding the culprit, now that magic is revealed.

The main issue I am having is that I can't decide on cases/missions for the gang to go on, and society's reaction to it.
    Well, if magic becomes public then the last thing they'll want to do is acknowledge what happened in Fuyuki, because that would encourage the people who think they should start witch hunts and the like.

Although, one of my stories actually had a character who was the victim of the shadow, only he didn't know it. Sakura met him later on, ended up feeling guilty about it and sponsored him to go to university or similar (as well as fostering him for a while, IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I am pretty sure that the Association has a backup plan if they get exposed.
    The problem is that backup plan may be "they can't really hurt us, kill 'em all"
    Well, you say that, but if the survival of the human race is on the line then I think they could. Hell, if necessary they could just nuke London....

Not to mention that some of the magi would side with the humans in that situation (almost certainly including Sakura, Shirou, Rin etc.). Mass-murder isn't usually condoned....

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, you say that, but if the survival of the human race is on the line then I think they could. Hell, if necessary they could just nuke London....

Not to mention that some of the magi would side with the humans in that situation (almost certainly including Sakura, Shirou, Rin etc.). Mass-murder isn't usually condoned....
    Nuking London wouldn't wipe out the Association, and I don't think that enough magi would side with normal humans to make a difference. The only thing that would put an absolute stop to them wreaking havoc would be the almost certain intervention of the Counter Force.

Honestly, the battalion of the department heads led by Lorelei could be worse than a nuke.

Blog Entries
    Although, one of my stories actually had a character who was the victim of the shadow, only he didn't know it. Sakura met him later on, ended up feeling guilty about it and sponsored him to go to university or similar (as well as fostering him for a while, IIRC).
    Ah I haven't heard this idea before from you. I am gonna have her face it directly, and the guy may or may not become a recurring antagonist, depending on how i want to play it. And I assume the person you are talking about is a young orphan, or a teenager who lost his family.

Also, you have your answer about Mad Enhancement tripping you up on your other story, so get crackin'!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Nuking London wouldn't wipe out the Association
    No, but it would kill a hell of a lot of magi, and destroy most of their leadership.

I don't think that enough magi would side with normal humans to make a difference.
    If the magi were attempting genocide then I think they just might....

The only thing that would put an absolute stop to them wreaking havoc would be the almost certain intervention of the Counter Force.
    I don't honestly think they could just wipe out the whole human race. If it was that easy then they would have done it in the Middle Ages.

Honestly, the battalion of the department heads led by Lorelei could be worse than a nuke.
    I don't think they could survive a nuke, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Ah I haven't heard this idea before from you.
    It was part of my post-HF story idea. In particular, the guy acts as a link between my OC and the FSN characters.

I am gonna have her face it directly, and the guy may or may not become a recurring antagonist, depending on how i want to play it.
    Well, I'd imagine that Sakura would be somewhat sympathetic towards the guy, especially since he doesn't know that the person "responsible" is actually totally blameless (or dead, if you define responsibility in terms of who was in real control of the situation). His actions are pretty reasonable, really, given what he knows (that being "some magus killed my family and the Association is covering it up to save their own asses").

And I assume the person you are talking about is a young orphan, or a teenager who lost his family.
    Yeah, it was a young orphan, IIRC.

Also, you have your answer about Mad Enhancement tripping you up on your other story, so get crackin'!
    Well, that's not the only issue with it....

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    No, but it would kill a hell of a lot of magi, and destroy most of their leadership.
    And kill lots and lots of innocent civilians, not to mention property losses and radiation.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    And kill lots and lots of innocent civilians, not to mention property losses and radiation.
    Yes, but if the Association is intending on committing Genocide of the whole human race, they might not have much choice....