Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1116192021

Thread: Five_X's Original Fiction, "Cool Winds"

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now I have to go back to writing MPII. I haven't touched that in a while and it makes me sad. :|

And thus, no more updates for Cool Winds! Maybe someday farther in the future I'll put up another novel project on here, but I'll try to focus on MPII for the time being.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Post-writing notes, on the origins of this story and how it came to be, part one.

----------------------------

I initially wrote out the very beginning of this story back in late August 2009, as an attempt at the "In Media Res" style of introductions, the kind of "Cold Open" that action movies and the like have. This was represented by Eric on a job, wherein he's fairly successful, but fails in one way. That mistake was to lead to Giorgio (who was then named "Lee Walken" and was not a mafioso but instead a leader of a regular but powerful gang named "The Fangs") sending a hit squad after him, which would lead to the introduction of A.G. as a guardian.

Interestingly, the idea of the mafia/gang being in a big tower sort of structure was in there from the beginning; the scene where Eric first walks into the lobby of the headquarters was one I had firmly planted in my mind. Though, the job Eric was on back then was totally different: the original had him just killing a gun launderer who failed to pay protection money, and then that killing being photographed. There was no Moritz in this, though the idea of a rival was certainly there since around the beginnings of the story.

Eric himself was still Eric Morris, though there was a greater focus on his freerunning and poverty than what's in the current version of the story. The whole Mel/Amber thing hadn't even developed yet, and in fact Amber was initially supposed to meet up with Eric much earlier in the story, or at least as herself and not Mel. Their romantic relationship would have started much sooner, too, with a lot of back and forth, and Amber's innate tsundere traits would have shown through a lot more than they do in the current draft.

As for the setting, well, it was pretty much the same. New York and London hardly changed form my original conceptions of them, and were there since the very beginning. The idea of the Zerconiths (and, in fact, that very name) was in the initial script, and it had some different details to it, though the concept of humans landing on a new planet didn't change. Tanya was a natural result of the Zerconith idea, and she was always supposed to end up in a romantic relationship.

It got cut due to length and complexity, but Tanya was supposed to actually talk about Zerconith biology and some things like, sort of acting as a general spokesperson of the alien race. Her name, Tanya, comes from Tanya Siamne, a ridiculously powerful Drow Fighter/Dragon Disciple I played in Neverwinter Nights 2, all the way through to the end of the expansion pack. The name "Tanya" stems from the character of the same name from Command and Conquer: Red Alert, who is badass and hot, and the fact that I like the name itself; "Tanya" is the name of many female characters I play in video games, though it's kind of fell into disuse lately, which is a bit of a sad thing given its rather glorious beginnings. Her character, in the very beginning, was modeled after Lucy from Elfen Lied, and she was supposed to have that same kind of violent tragedy to her; I'm not entirely sure if her being part of the IBHJ Agent program was part of her initial character concept, but it may well have been. On one side note, she was actually supposed to get more action scenes, and her fighting style (a bullpup submachinegun paired with a katana) was directly inspired by a very brief bit from Ga-Rei -Zero-, in which the main character Yomi wields those weapons at once. I thought, "holy shit this is badass!" and immediately thought of how to fit it into a story.

---------------------

More notes tomorrow!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Eric's original backstory for a moment reminded me of Phantom of Inferno.

And now:

FIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEE GET BACK TO MPII.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Eric's original backstory for a moment reminded me of Phantom of Inferno.

And now:

FIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEE GET BACK TO MPII.
    Hey, I thought you were going to give me a character study for Cool Winds! You bastard. You lied. This means no more MPII ever.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Well, I'm sorry, but I forgot most of what I wanted to say about them... every facet, every little detail I caught... all lost.

D:

BUT what I remember liking in particular was the difficult relationship between Tanya & Sam, and Depressed!Eric. They turned out to be very good characters.

Now, come on, don't be so tsun-tsun and go back to MPII. :P