Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898103106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,154 of 2154

Thread: The Book Lair - all book talk ITT

Friend Code
    Finished reading Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". It was something, I guess.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Reading Martian. I never thought I'd have a good time reading about a guy sitting in a room by himself, doing not much at all. It's p. great.

A troll does his work silently, softly, that those around him do not notice. True trolls do not require recognition, and so the best trolls go unknown.

<Spinach> The human designated "Kirby" Kirby's Avatar
    Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Genocidal Organ is pretty fun so far.
    <Lian|work> lynch kirby imo

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Does anyone have suggestions for books on visually impaired people, preferably memoirs?

Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    So I tried reading Foucault's Pendulum and bounced off of it a chapter in, because god damn this prose is impenetrable. Haven't dropped a book this fast since I cracked open and immediately closed Ulysses a few years back.

Started reading book 1 of Riordan's Trials Of Apollo a few days ago. Meg is best girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    So I tried reading Foucault's Pendulum and bounced off of it a chapter in, because god damn this prose is impenetrable. Haven't dropped a book this fast since I cracked open and immediately closed Ulysses a few years back.
    It always feels a bit embarrassing to drop a critically acclaimed book, but forcing yourself to read something impenetrable isn't a good use of time.

I was so sure that I'd enjoy The Man Without Qualities that I tracked down a rare translation of it and brought it with me on a cross-country journey. Didn't get past the first 25 pages.

"Twoja muzyka obróci się w nicość!" Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A massive package arrived for me today. As you can see from the pic, the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft. Over a thousand pages long, but a journey of a thousand pages starts with a single word...or something. I try too hard to be clever sometimes.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Which story was your first?

mine was at the mountains of madness

i think there's an annotated Lovecraft with commentary from Alan Moore

"Twoja muzyka obróci się w nicość!" Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    A long time ago in my local library I tried reading a different Lovecraft anthology which started with "Dagon". It was interesting enough.

Friend Code
    92458-37017-EB
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Started reading book 1 of Riordan's Trials Of Apollo a few days ago. Meg is best girl.
    Best girl my shit... That belongs to Alex and you should read The Hammer of Thor soon. I am still waiting for ship of the dead...

Currently rereading the Spanish language version of Battle of the Labyrinth since I finally found the actual book in a bookstore and also reading Life and Death digitally, since I want to see if Meyer did improve the story by genderbending almost everyone.
    "Over rotted Soil, under blighted sky, a dread Plague the Wicked hath wrought. In the Light of the Gods, Sword-Sworn at his Side, against the Dark, the King's Battle is fought. From the Heavens high, to the Blessed below, Shines the Beam of a Peace long besought. "Long live thy Line, and this Stone divine, For the Night when All comes to Naught." 15:2 ~ Nadir

2187 Days since I started waiting for Tsukihime HD...

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Best girl my shit... That belongs to Alex and you should read The Hammer of Thor soon. I am still waiting for ship of the dead...
    I read Hammer Of Thor a while ago actually. Alex was pretty cool, though to be honest I liked Sam just a little better...

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post

Mine was The Shadow out of Time.
    I wish I was like you, easily amused.

Friend Code
    92458-37017-EB
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I read Hammer Of Thor a while ago actually. Alex was pretty cool, though to be honest I liked Sam just a little better...
    Everyone likes Sam a bit or a whole lot more. My complains on Alex are how Rick will definitely try to make her trans abilities a big deal. He handled Solangelo exactly the same way.
    "Over rotted Soil, under blighted sky, a dread Plague the Wicked hath wrought. In the Light of the Gods, Sword-Sworn at his Side, against the Dark, the King's Battle is fought. From the Heavens high, to the Blessed below, Shines the Beam of a Peace long besought. "Long live thy Line, and this Stone divine, For the Night when All comes to Naught." 15:2 ~ Nadir

2187 Days since I started waiting for Tsukihime HD...