Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898103106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,147 of 2147

Thread: The Book Lair - all book talk ITT

Friend Code
    Finished reading Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". It was something, I guess.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Reading Martian. I never thought I'd have a good time reading about a guy sitting in a room by himself, doing not much at all. It's p. great.

A troll does his work silently, softly, that those around him do not notice. True trolls do not require recognition, and so the best trolls go unknown.

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Genocidal Organ is pretty fun so far.
    <Lian|work> lynch kirby imo

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Does anyone have suggestions for books on visually impaired people, preferably memoirs?

Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    So I tried reading Foucault's Pendulum and bounced off of it a chapter in, because god damn this prose is impenetrable. Haven't dropped a book this fast since I cracked open and immediately closed Ulysses a few years back.

Started reading book 1 of Riordan's Trials Of Apollo a few days ago. Meg is best girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    So I tried reading Foucault's Pendulum and bounced off of it a chapter in, because god damn this prose is impenetrable. Haven't dropped a book this fast since I cracked open and immediately closed Ulysses a few years back.
    It always feels a bit embarrassing to drop a critically acclaimed book, but forcing yourself to read something impenetrable isn't a good use of time.

I was so sure that I'd enjoy The Man Without Qualities that I tracked down a rare translation of it and brought it with me on a cross-country journey. Didn't get past the first 25 pages.