Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114119122123124
Results 2,461 to 2,463 of 2463

Thread: The Book Lair - all book talk ITT

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I gave Joe Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy a go. Managed to somewhat slog through the first book, wound up quitting midway through the second. Cool title aside ("The Final Argument of Kings", or Ultima Ratio Regum in Latin), there just wasn't much to it.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 21st, 2023 at 08:29 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I read "The Forbidden" by Clive Barker.

Despite being this work being overshadowed by the rise of Barker's more popular franchise Hellraiser, this novella is still significant because in 1992 a popular horror film was adapted from it - that being of course Candyman. It was certainly interesting to see that film's origins in this quiet little story, which is actually set in England and the film's iconic racial commentary being completely absent due to the cast being originally all Caucasian.

I won't say too much, but somehow the film had a much happier ending which says a lot if you've seen how depressing the film is. Also the climax being set in the middle of a public bonfire makes a lot more sense when you realise that the novella is set on and around November 5th, compared to it being in America on an unspecified day.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    For the last year or so I have been reading ASOIAF at a very, very leisurely pace, just recently I finished ACoK. Who knows, maybe by the time I finish Dance there will a release date for Winds (lmao). Anyway I felt like saying some of my impressions per POV.
    Spoiler:
    Ned: I liked his chapters because they are the ones with most plot progression in the first book but other than that I don't have much impression on his plot. RIP.

Arya: Quickly became one of my favorites. There's just something about her monologue that I really find entertaining. Her plotline feels the most adventure-ish (pretty dark adventures though) and I like that. Looking forward to see what this little killer does next.

Cat: I didn't have any strong opinions on her at first but since she came back from the Eyrie I haven't cared about her. Like, I like her chapters and reading what's happening around her but I find her monologues to be dreary and boring.

Sansa: Her early chapters in AGoT were my least favorites but I liked her more later on, but later on in ACoK I once again didn't like her chapters during the Battle of the Blackwater very much.

Tyrion: For a deformed dwarf this guy sure gets lots of battle scenes, pretty sure no other POV gets this much action. I find his chapters enjoyable and I liked his intrigue at the court a lot but I fear I might be getting a bit sick of his quips.

Jon: He feels like the closest to a typical fantasy protagonist. I really like the wall plot and the folks there. His chapters are one of my favorites together with Arya.

Theon: Annoying guy but the way how everything starts to go wrong with his plans make him kind of pitiful in a pathetic way.

Daenerys: While I don't dislike Dany her chapters can a be chore to read sometimes. The first problem is how her plotline feels detached from the greater plot at the current moment, the other is how everything around her feels so shallow compared to Westeros from places to people. Jorah feels like the only actual character in her chapters other than Dany herself. Her chapters feel like overly 'mc-centered' compared to other POVs. I liked her plotline in ACoK much better than AGoT because it was much shorter and because Qarth was actually kinda interesting.

Bran: Probaly my favorite after Arya and Jon. Much like Arya there's something about his monologue that I find enjoyable to read.

Davos: He's a alright guy I guess? He seems to be there just to provide insight into the Stannis faction and the best moments in his chapters were him talking with Stannis. I am more interested in Stannis himself and Melisandre to be honest.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?