Thread: I'm new and need help with fanfic, don't know where to post so I did it here.

I'm new and need help with fanfic, don't know where to post so I did it here.

Ok so I have a question regarding Servant Stats in correlation to their Mana rankings.

In a fanfic I was writing for Fate, I had a really weak Master and gave her Archer (EMIYA) With his original B ranking Mana reduced to D because I thought that is how stats work; The worse the Master, the less potential they can bring out of the Servant they have (of course the Master can't make the Servant go over their limits (and yes I know Servants have a limit to how much the Master can help them).

But then someone brought up to me that isn't how stats work, so I took a look at Saber and her Altar version and her different stats in Mana from Shirou to Rin to Sakura, and it went from B, to A, to A++.

Now I want to know just exactly how the stats for the Mana thing work so I don't go screwing over the Nasuverse while I am writing my fic. I know my post sounds all sorts of weird and I am sorry I can not make it anymore clearer, but I am always happy to answer a question detailing what I mean and if this is the wrong board to post this question in, I am sorry about that too.

Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    General questions about Nasuverse mechanics such as this one usually go in this thread.

For fleshing out and nitpicking a fanfic idea, you want this thread.

At any rate, welcome to BL! I hope you enjoy your stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ah alright thanks, I don't know how to delete this thread but hopefully a mod can do it for me

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ooh! Ooh! I'm a mod! I can totally lock threads!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.