Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Midnight Carnival (IC)

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    South Iwatodai - Shijima Park
    11:42 PM

It was almost time for "that" yet again. No matter how many times he had been in the world that was about to appear, it had never made any sense. It had just been there, without rhyme or reason.

It was time to change that. To figure out just what was happening to the world, and maybe here, where everyone else like him was supposed to be, he could figure it out. One last time before the dark hour would start, Wolfram checked his equipment. Dry Erase Board, marker, two large bayonets with a single edge, and 6 smaller, double edged blades. All under his coat. It wouldn't do to bring the blades out before The dark Hour started. There was nobody around that he needed to talk to yet, so the dry erase board could stay under. And, of course, "that".

His persona.

When he had been told what it was, and that other people had one, he had been inclined to not believe them. Who could believe such a ridiculous, impossible story?

But, you have to believe ridiculous, impossible stories when your whole life has been like that.

Wolfram pulled his large overcoat tighter around him, for reasons that weren't entirely to do with cold. Even as tough as he was now, there was still that little bit of fear, that tiny nagging doubt.

'What if I die?'

...But it was too late to be thinking such thoughts.

Wolfram Abendroth sat down on a park bench, and waited for the world to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Blog Entries
    Kazuma Isoya
    NE Iwatodai - Seika School

The school grounds were calm and silent. This old school had been where he had run into without thinking. There hadn't been a reason, he had just hoped for a place to hide. yesterday he had broken a window. today, when he knew he had to return, he had bribed a janitor into giving him a key. Kazuma didnt know if this place was important, but he would take every slim hope offered to him. Not when IT had happened again.

10 years ago....the nightmares he had tried so hard to pretend had been dreams, when he had cried and whimpered with his family lying as coffins in there big house, he had hid under his bed so many nights trying not to cry to loudly, hoping against hope the monsters couldn't smell the urine. his family hadn't believed him of course, his father had been disgusted that a proud Isoya was reducing to near madness and shame by simple nightmares, to the point where each night Isoya had, after the nightmare had passed, woke and threatened a servant into laundering his clothes before his father found out.

The first time it happened again, Kazuma had wet himself again, almost sheer habit. He had fled screaming into the coffin filled night, chased by hundreds of creatures, surviving only because in his panic he had simply run till it ended. After that, his home wasn't safe. After nights of mad flight, he had learned the shadows still weren't good at seeking, they only chased what was in front of them. The school he learned, was not empty, but it was filled with corners and stairs where one could shake pursuit, and he used it as his only defense.

Last night, he had failed. He came around a corner and stumbled into the back of a monster, claws and slime and a hideous grin, at that point, all wasn't lost, he might have been able to run, but in his surprise he had broken the cardinal rule of the nightmare.

Dont scream.

The shock had caused him to expel years of repressed horror, and anger at the unfeeling world that trapped him in hell night after night, and the raw release of emotions had summoned the shadows to hunt. He was going to die. They had him, and he was going to die..!

OH GOD, PLEASE LET THIS ALL BE A DREAM

It was.....It was soon to happen. Here, the school, again. Igor's key was in his hand, he prayed to it like it was a god who could save him.

Please let it have been real...

Please give me a chance...

Please let the rider come again...

Please.....please......please....

I dont want to be afraid anymore.
    Last edited by Tobias; August 25th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time waits for no one

It marches ever forward

Driving us all equally

Towards the same end

}ï{

11:57pm

@ Guy Maxwell, Tsukuda Seitaro, Ethan Yen, & Nishimura Takuro.
    Tatsumi Port Island – Outside of Paulownia Mall

Despite the lateness of the hour, Tatsumi Port Island is far from asleep as the nightlife is barely getting into motion. The artificial island is bustling with activity as a small multitude of people roam the streets, hopping from one ritzy bar to the next, making their ways through the various clubs looking for either companionship, excitement or simply searching for a place to drown their sorrows in alcohol. A similar small crowd still moves within Paulownia Mall, either visiting the club inside or the Karaoke Bar or the late night pharmacy. Outside, streetlights and bright neon signs offer decent illumination even at this hour and police officers, out in force, patrol the streets, keeping the order even during these dangerous times.

From one such locale, a bar and club called Meguro’s, located slightly in front of Paulownia Mall, across the narrow two-way street, a happily laughing couple emerges. They’re both visibly inebriated and the woman, clothed in white dress that is scant centimeters from indecent, seems to take a misstep with her heels and stumbles. The man catches her and she rests her hand on his chest. They share a laugh and begin to walk off, heading northwest towards Moonlit Bridge, two amongst many in the crowd.

Suddenly, from further to the south, coming from the direction of the Kirijo Robotics Laboratory, you hear the wailing of alarms. A sudden buzz of panic rushes through those present but then…

12:00am

The wailing of alarms stops.

The lights flicker and die.

The moon looks unnaturally large and a sickly yellow-green color.

The world is bathed in a similar hue.

The streets change, taking on a manic checkerboard pattern at random, senseless intervals while remaining mundane concrete and asphalt in other places. Around you, certain buildings in the edge of your peripheral vision seem to grow and change, taking on physically impossible shapes and forms. Splatters of blood and upright coffins bathed in a gloomy red glow appear everywhere.

You can feel them lurking, a menacing presence in the edge of your mind.

You feel a dreadful chill.

The Shadows are getting nearer.

To your sides, three other young men have remained themselves even with the onset of The Dark Hour, two near you and another just exiting the mall.

In front of you, across the street, the man has become a coffin, but the blonde woman remains herself. Calmly, she removes her heels and pulls out a wallet from a fold in her dress. She rapidly goes through the contents of the wallet, removing all the money and credit cards, and discarding the rest at the base of the coffin that stands beside her. Her features twist into an angry grimace and, with an unladylike grunt, she kicks the coffin with all her strength, sending it toppling over.

“Cheapskate!”

She looks up, and notices you from across the street.

She winks her golden eyes, gives you a mischievous smile, and blows you a kiss before she takes off running towards the bridge at a tilt, a shadow of white and gold, hastily disappearing into the world of midnight darkness.

From the south, a wave of darkness surges forth.

A gibbering, roaring, formless mass of nightmares made real with far too many tearing limbs, slavering mouths, and bloodshot eyes. It bubbles and throbs and pulses and you can make out faces and masks that appear and disappear amongst the ever changing surface of the hulking behemoth even as sections break off, fall apart, and give birth to a new mass. In its wake, only blood is left.

The Shadows are here.

Tatsumi Port Island - Outside Paulownia Mall
    11:50 PM

It was ten minutes until midnight. Come to think of it, midnight was around the time the dream always started... but then again, midnight was also around the time the dream also ended. That didn't make sense, but then again dreams never had to.

Ten minutes...

Wouldn't it be funny if the world really did change again? But that would mean that he'd have fallen asleep outside. That would be a pain.

"Nine minutes," he said, as he stared at his watch. He wasn't sure why he was so anxious, watching the second tick by. Really, he should've just rolled up his sleeves and maybe go grab something to eat; surely there was a convenience store open around here. Then again... maybe, just maybe, if he stayed awake for sure when the clock struck midnight, the nightmares would end after all. He'd know for sure that it wasn't real. It wasn't like he didn't already know that - but...

"Damn it," he muttered to himself, as he ruffled his hair in frustration. "What am I doing? I'm insane for even thinking it's possible!"

Yes... he was insane. However...

"Well," he said, calming down - staring at his watch once more. "It couldn't hurt to wait. Then I'll be done with this whole ordeal."

XXX

12:00 PM

Right as it became midnight, his watch broke. His brand new watch - with its beautiful stainless steal body and a black dial covered with elegantly marked roman numerals - broke.

For a moment, he couldn't help but look at it in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?" he said. "I just got this-" He never finished his sentence. Instead, his complaint was interrupted by another's shout - a woman who had just kicked down... a coffin?

It was then that he realized that he was back in that world again.

As she disappeared into the darkness, Guy wondered if he had fallen asleep outside. Worries about being robbed in his sleep, however, were quickly forgotten as something approached - darkness surging towards him. It was then that he remembered that these things always appeared in this dream. Of course, he was sure he shouldn't be afraid. If this was a dream, then he had nothing to fear; he'd just wake up when it was over. But... even so, even if this wasn't a dream, he didn't want to take that chance, even if he felt silly for letting a nightmare get the better of him.

Besides, there was something different today. There were others here - three other young men. Aside from the shadows, normally there would only be coffins around. It seemed... tonight he was dreaming of allies. So what if there were more shadows tonight? He wasn't alone this time either, and it wasn't like he hadn't fought before during the dream. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Guy cracked his knuckles and took a step forward to the approaching mass.

"You guys are here to help me, right?" Guy said confidently. There was no other reason for them to show up in the dream, after all. "Well then - let me show you how it's done."

If he was going to dream, then he might as well be the hero.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar

As Takuro exits the mall, the world around him turns into a sick green hue, however this isn’t the thing that he finds suprising, across the street from the mall he can see three people, who haven't yet turned into coffins, could they have been the one’s that that old man had spoken of?

And then there’s someone else as well that hadn’t been turned into one of those coffins, a woman in white, whom quickly disappears just as Takuro catches a glimpse of her…
    Wait, what was that sound? That eerily familiar sound that had haunted his youth, but... there was something different about this noise, as though it wasn’t just one or two of the things, but a whole army of them.

He quickly turns towards the direction that the sound had been coming from and watches in horror as a black mass of arms, masks and gnashing mouths hurtled straight towards where he and the other young men unaffected by the dark hour were.

This isn’t the time to worry whether those people were going to be friendly or not or whoever that woman was. He snatched his handgun out of his pocket and quickly set in some ammo and took the safety off when he heard one of the three men shout.

"You guys are here to help me, right?" a slight pause, "Well then - let me show you how it's done."

Did…did he think this was a game or something, nonetheless it seemed like he was friendly at least and it was kind of refreshing seeing such foolhardy bravery…

Takuro rushes over towards the young man who had shouted those words, and then replying to the words that the young man had spoken moments ago, “I don’t know who you are, but it looks like you’re like me, someone who doesn’t turn into a coffin like the rest,” he turns towards the shadowy mass heading at them, “I don’t know where you’ve got so much confidence from, but I don’t think now’s the time to wonder about that. My name’s Nishimura Takuro, if helping you is going to get me through this night then count me in.”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Midnight.

It was time for that too-familiar nightmare to start all over again. He closed his eyes for a moment as the world turned that disturbing, sickly green hue, gathering together his thoughts, the willpower that had driven him to come out here tonight and face the monsters that had haunted his childhood dreams. The 'shadows' that that odd old man, Igor, had talked about upon his arrival in the Velvet room.

Seitaro opened his eyes.

And blinked in slight shock as he saw that he was not the only one who hadn't been transformed into a coffin, rather, three other young men had seemingly avoided the change as well as a young woman in white who, as swiftly as she had appeared, disappeared into the darkness.

He moved to chase after her, when he heard the unmistakeable sound of a shadows approach. Or rather, a louder, more disturbing version of a shadow's approach, as if the usual mobs of two or three had become a hulking mass of evil mud. Eyes flickering towards the source of the noise, he found that this was, in fact, what had apparently happened...

"You guys are here to help me right," spoke one of the young men confidently, then, "Well then - let me show you how it's done."

Well that was an interesting attitude to have towards a situation like this... It was foolish, but at the same time, rather impressive.

"Heh, well I guess the wheel of fate has started to turn," withdrawing his sword, he moved to stand near the others, listening as one of the other young men, 'Nishimura Takuro' if his introduction was to be believed - also made his way to the group.

"-if helping you is going to get me through this night then count me in."

"Count me in as well," Seitaro said lightly as he moved a bit past the other three young men, just enough that he was the closest one to the approaching mob of shadows, "My name's Seitaro Tsukada," he chuckled a bit, a false laugh that only served to keep his confidence up, "And I've been waiting for my chance to play hero for a long time, so unless it really bothers you guys I think I'll take point for now."
    Last edited by Airen; August 22nd, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries

It was about time.

Ethan was ready as the world tumbled into the nightmare of midnight. He watched impassively as men turned into coffins and Earth turned into Hell. It was to be expected. However, what he did not expect was to see the action of the young woman.

From Ethan's position deep in the shadows beside the Mall's exterior wall, he had a good look at the woman. She was not the least scared of what was happening around her. Instead, her actions seemed almost - cheeky, as if it was nothing more than a play for her. The young man's eyes narrowed. Had they met in happier circumstances, he would have chased her. But right now was not the time.

He felt the darkness swelling up and taking form, and his hand clenched into fists, ready to defend himself. He gave a quick look around him, and surprisingly - he heard human voices speak.

"You guys are here to help me, right?" Guy said confidently. There was no other reason for them to show up in the dream, after all. "Well then - let me show you how it's done."
    “I don’t know who you are, but it looks like you’re like me, someone who doesn’t turn into a coffin like the rest,” he turns towards the shadowy mass heading at them, “I don’t know where you’ve got so much confidence from, but I don’t think now’s the time to wonder about that. My name’s Nishimura Takuro, if helping you is going to get me through this night then count me in.”
    "My name's Seitaro Tsukada," he chuckled a bit, a false laugh that only served to keep his confidence up, "And I've been waiting for my chance to play hero for a long time, so unless it really bothers you guys I think I'll take point for now."
    "Make it a party of four." Pushing himself away from the wall, Ethan walked up to the three others - who were now standing together in a tight group - in a brisk pace. "Looks like we're all in the same boat in this one. The name is Ethan. I would say pleased to meet you, but right now is probably not the place or the occasion for it."

Taking in the weapons that two of the young men were carrying, Ethan sighed inwardly and briefly wonderly just how long he can hold up before he has to call out his 'Persona'.

12:01 PM

Guy was feeling pretty confident, really. He had always survived the shadows before with little injury, and now he was in a situation where he could fight back. As far as nightmares go, it was actually not that scary at all.

...sure, it was a little odd when Nishimura pulled out a handgun. It was even stranger to see Seitaro draw a sword. The hero should have the coolest weapon, after all - but here he was stuck only with his fists. The same deal seemed to apply for Ethan as well, but that didn't help matters. In the end, though, Guy guessed that the real reason it turned out this way was because real men fight with their fists! Still, the next time this dreamed happened, he'd want a cool weapon too, and not only because it'd make it easier to fight; honestly, he didn't like the thought of touching the shadows with his bare skin.

Then again, when he thought about it, he already had the coolest weapon of all inside of him.

"The name is Guy Maxwell!" he said, as he stepped forward - deciding that he wouldn't allow Tsukada take point; that was where the Hero was supposed to be after all. "Now, allow me to show you... how I deal with small fry like this!"

Guy raised a single hand, smirking at the approaching enemy as he did so. "Persona!" he called out as he snapped his fingers - and, in that instant, called forth the being that resided in his soul. Balin Le Savage, the knight of two swords, appeared in a burst of flame over Guy. Dressed in silver armor, with a helm that hid his face, the knight hovered above his master's head with two swords in his hand. Then, as Guy lowered his hand to point at the shadows, Balin raised his swords - crossing them in the shape of an X over his head as flames erupted from the hilt, swallowing the blades in a blue flame.

A moment later, Balin swung each sword down, arcing them from opposite sides of the enemy. The flames were whipped out, blazing forth into their numbers - engulfing their entire front line in smoke and fire. Afterwards, Balin disappeared just as quickly as he had appeared - and Guy stood there with his arms crossed, confident that he had out a large part of their force. Truthfully, he had never attempted such a flashy move before - and he was surprised at how tired he suddenly seemed inside this dream... but it would be all worth it, to show his comrades just what kind of power he wielded.

"So, what do you think?" he said, as he turned around, confident that the shadows wouldn't be dumb enough to keep approaching, after that brilliant display. "Pretty impressive, huh?"

Little did he know that behind him the smoke had already begun to dissipate... revealing that though a few of them looked a bit singed, not a single one actually looked damaged in the least.

This, by the way, would mark the first time Guy had ever encountered a shadow with Elemental Immunity: Fire.
    Last edited by Mereo Flere; August 22nd, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

12:04 AM

Two more had joined them, one "Seitaro Tsukada" and another "Ethan", before the young man, who had addressed him as Guy Maxwell, summoned forth his Persona with a snap of his fingers. It was a knight, dressed in silver armour with a sword in each hand, after a few moments it engulfed its twin swords in blue flame before swinging them forth and engulfing most of the shadows that had been surging towards them. It was an impressive display, Takuro would give him that, however...

When the smoke cleared, the shadows that had been engulfed in flame just moments ago were still there, with just barely a scratch on them! Worst of all, they were still advancing at them!

Catching sight of this, Takuro moved towards Guy's side, knelt down and steadied the shaking grip on his handgun. He was afraid of those things that were coming at them, yes, however he had made a decision before and he wouldn't run away from this. He took careful aim and...

BAM! BAM! BAM!

He fired a series of three shots, aimed at the shadows making up the forefront of the wave surging at them

BAM! BAM! BAM!

He lets loose another three shots, aimed at the same area as before.

"It looks like you've only made them angry." Takuro said in response to the question that Guy had posed to them just now, whilst steadying his aim, getting ready to fire yet again at the incoming wave. Bullets had worked before on these things, so it should be safe to assume that they'll work again. However the larger one, Takuro reckoned, would need a lot more than a couple of bullets to put a dent in it.
    Last edited by Zagrin; August 25th, 2011 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Time is a cruel mistress

Callous and uncaring

A rapidly flowing river

That dashes us against the rocks

}ï{

@ Mouto Rensuro
    South Iwatodai – Warehouses

Mouto Rensoru had barely gone a few meters from the warehouse when he felt that he was being followed. Looking back over his shoulder, he was able to notice several figures, adults, judging from their height, that were following him at a sedate pace. The figures strolled calmly behind; keeping their distance, with certain steps and the self assurance of predators stalking their prey. The young student quickened his steps and the next time he looked over his shoulder there were more men following him. Though he couldn’t quite tell because of the distance, one seemingly pulled a cell-phone from a breast pocket and spoke a few rapid words into it.

A murmur goes through the gathering crowd.

Their pace seems to quicken, rapidly gaining on Ren.

@Anne Burdine, & Wolfram Abendroth
    South Iwatodai – Shijima Park

The park is, at this hour, mostly deserted aside from a few patrolling policemen. Though there are a few people, walking home most likely, the park is, for the most part, empty. As Wolfram sits down on a bench, he’s approached by a police officer. The officer has a youthful face but it is set in a frown. He regards you suspiciously and is seemingly about to speak until another person, wearing a hooded jacket, sits besides you.

The young officer looks decidedly uncomfortable and mumbles something that sounds like “Stay out of trouble” before walking off, following the path’s park towards a moderately wooded area.

You notice that despite the fact that Spring, usually a cool season, is slowly giving way to Summer, the person sitting beside you is wearing gloves, long trousers, and a heavy jacket with a hood that keeps their face very well concealed from this angle.

The person speaks up. It is a male, probably a teenager, judging from the pitch. He sounds hesitant but, oddly, not nervous at all.

“Have you seen… a blue… butterfly? Around here?”

Near Anne’s position, at the edge of trees bordering the park’s path, a well dressed man stops suddenly and stares quizzically in her direction. He seems to be about to speak up, to call out something, but…

@ Mouto Rensuro

The chase ends abruptly as, all around you, the world seems to fall into an even deeper gloom.

The lights illuminating the warehouses flicker and die.

The streets change, taking on a manic checkerboard pattern at random, senseless intervals while remaining mundane concrete and asphalt in other places. The warehouses remain unchanged, however, with the exception of the strange illumination. Splatters of blood surround you and the people that had been pursuing you are replaced by upright coffins bathed in a gloomy red glow.

The Shadows are getting nearer.

Your gaze is drawn upward and you can see something on the roofs, moving across them in ways that no man or animal should move.

You are alone.

@Anne Burdine, & Wolfram Abendroth

The street lamps which had previously illuminated the park have died out, casting everything into a deep darkness. Though the unusually large moon provides illumination, most of it is swallowed up by the canopies of the tree line. It is dreadfully dark. What few people had been in the park at this hour have turned into coffins, except…

The person that sat next to Wolfram remains as a person, however, thanks to the sudden darkness… from inside the hood you can make out what appears to be a faint teal, green glow…

Despite the fact that the person remains as if nothing has happened, despite the fact that he has not made a single threatening gesture, you feel every hair on your body stand on edge. Like a rodent in the presence of the snake. Every sense in your body, like that night ten years ago, screams DANGER.

OVERWHELMING DANGER.

“Have you seen a blue butterfly around here?”

At Anne’s position, a short walk away, the passing man has turned into a coffin. The only one around that she notices for several meters, the only one in clear sight.

Everything around is perfectly silent, perfectly still. Not even the wind moves during The Dark Hour, so even the faint rustling of the trees themselves has gone silent.

You feel a dread chill but can see no movement at all anywhere near you and can hear no sound at all. The trees stand unchanged, mute sentinels, watching over you. Though illumination is dim, it should prove to be sufficient.

They’re not here yet… but for how long?

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    12:00 AM- Dark hour **:**
    South Iwatodai-warehouses

'The Dark Hour has come' thought Ren as the scenery and the men following him changed. The shadows drawing close. Dredging up some memories of his he still possessed from 10 years ago, he figured the coffins act as a barrier. As long as those men stay as coffins the Shadows would not attack them as much as they would attack him. In essence he needed to find the others like him if only for some help surviving.

Ren started to bounce on the balls of his feet, spear in clenched within his hands. Acting instinctively, Ren started to spin the spear over his head as a card with a picture of his persona, Tsukuyomi, appeared in front of him. Still running on instinct Ren smashed the card nto pieces with pole part of his spear, with a yell of, "PERSONA, SUKUKAJA!"

Tsukuyomi appeared for a moment. The persona was wearing a bluish-white yukata with a full moon on the back. 'He' had long black hair, and held a large round mirror in 'his' hands. With a small grunt, Tsukuyomi thrust out his mirror and a yellowish light engulfed Ren for no more than a second. When the light faded, Ren was bouncing on his feet at an increased tempo then from before, a smile gracing his lips.

Clenching the spear within his hands once more Ren ran away from the shadows. Sure he could fight but from his understanding Tsukuyomi was not one for direct combat and thus looking for aid became top priority over dieing a fools death valiantly fighting against an unknown total amount of enemies. He would fight when he had someone helping him, after all there is safety in numbers, however chances are low that he would run into someone who could help him close by. This 'alley' was not a good place for combat either. If he were to have any chance of survival Ren would need to find a better place to fight of the lurking beast. Thus Ren ran towards the waterfront. It was an open area and he would only need to make sure not to fall into the water, or blood as it is during this strangly comforting time.

As Ren ran in search for allies a velvet key with a loop of thin chain running through it bounced on his chest.
    Last edited by burningclaw2; August 23rd, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

South Iwatodai - Shijima Park

"Have you seen a blue butterfly around here?"
    His hair was standing up on end. He didn't know what to do. He wasn't a Shadow... was he? It didn't appear that way, but...

That glow...

What was he?

With fear, he realized he had only two options, and he couldn't do both at the same time. Should he take out the board, and try to talk to him, or pull out his bayonets and prepare to defend himself?

Damnable muteness.

Don't be scared... you can still use that at a moment's notice.

That was true. He had a trump card in place. He didn't have to be frightened anymore. He didn't have to be frightened anymore. He didn't have to be frightened anymore. Slowly, he calmed down.

Approximately 15 seconds after the figure had asked his question, Wolfram had calmed down enough to pull out his dry erase board and marker, and had begin to write.

No, I have not seen a blue butterfly lately, sorry.

Who are you?
    Despite having taken out his dry erase board to make conversation, he was ready to summon his persona for defense at any moment.

“Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"So, what do you think?" he said, as he turned around, confident that the shadows wouldn't be dumb enough to keep approaching, after that brilliant display. "Pretty impressive, huh?"
    To be honest he wasn't quite sure how to respond to everything he had just seen, not because the fact that Guy possessed a persona, no he had kind of expected that the young man could potentially have one. No, the thing that surprised him was that, despite the storm of blue flame that had been unleashed over the shadows, not a single one of them appeared to have actually been harmed.

His teeth came together roughly, grinding against themselves as that small emotion known as fear made itself known in his mind. Honestly, he knew that he had no reason to be afraid, he had chosen to come out here himself after all, and even if they could ignore fire it didn't mean that they were invincible...

Yes, there was no reason to fear these things, he wasn't a child anymore. If his persona 'Pellinore' was really a reflection of his soul, than he had to live up to that knightly standard... He had said himself that he had wanted to play hero... Had he been lying?

I want to be just like you when I grow up big bro.

It was such a random thought... A simple childish statement that he had said, years ago, to his older brother. The fun, helpful older brother who had been his hero, and who had grown up with the dream of becoming a more normal hero than the one Seitaro was currently trying to be, a police officer.

"I want to be just like you, huh?"

He had never felt the truth of that statement more than he had felt it now. There was no reason to doubt himself, he had come here with the goal of protecting something, and damnit, he was going to do his best.

Fear replaced by a growing sense of calm confidence, he moved closer to Guy and Takuro, who had just fired three shots into the shadow mob.

"It looks like you've only made them angry."
    "Yeah Guy, it does seem like all you managed to do was piss them off a bit," Seitaro raised his right arm, searching his mind for the power that he had discovered the previous day, "But let's see how they deal with this!"

A blue card flickering with heat-less azure flames appeared in his still open hand.

"Per-"

Alright then, if he was really going to try to be a hero then-

"sona!"

He crushed the card.

It was time to get started.

An ethereal knight similar to the one that Guy possessed appeared over his head in a burst of flame, his armor and helm were a striking silver color, as was the single sword that he held in his right hand. But his cape was of the darkest crimson, a royal color that practically demanded respect. Pellinore's stance reflected, and simultaneously overshadowed the one that Seitaro had taken, as if even as a facade he sought to honor the knight's code and protect his Master.

"You ready, Pellinore?"

The knight didn't respond with words, only turning his helm slightly to observe Seitaro, but to be honest, neither of them needed to speak to understand the other one, which seemed only natural as Pellinore resided in his soul after all. And so moving slowly forward, blades in hand, a knight and his master met one of the smaller, faster groups of shadows head on, the ethereal blade of Pellinore wiping two shadows from the street with two, successive swift strikes.

And so it began.
    Last edited by Airen; August 24th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    North East Iwatodai - Residential Area - Lopez Property - Front Gate
    11:58 PM

She shook her still damp hair as she walked towards the front gate. She plopped down onto the soft grass, resting her back against a stone column and checking the time on her watch.

It read 11:58. She grimaced, forced to acknowledge that the Dark Hour was fast approaching. She cast her gaze skyward, searching the night sky for stars.

Daniella wondered if she would have to summon ... that thing. She was confident in her abilities ... but would it be wise to hold anything back, as much as she disliked relying on that strange creature?

"I guess it will all depend on what happens during this stupid Dark Hour."

She yawns. "I'd much rather be asleep right now, though."

She closed her eyes and slowed her breath, waiting for the frozen time to begin.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries

"Don't waste your bullets. We'll need them later when we run out of fuel."

Putting a hand on Takuro's arm, Ethan said in a low voice. Takuro didn't seem like he carried lots of bullets with him, and the Shadows this time round seemed to come in hordes. Best to save these physical weapons till when they actually need them.

Next to them, Guy had unleashed his Persona, who seemed to be a Fire-oriented attacker. On the other hand, Seitaro's Persona is a Physical attacker who appeared to be holding up well on his own. Too bad these Shadows are Immune to Fire, and bullets aren't exactly working either, leaving the rest of them a little bit powerless in the current state.

"I guess there isn't another way now. Tch. I wasn't planning on playing hero at all. Thought I'd be luck to just manage to save myself - but I might as well do something for the team."

Closing his eyes, Ethan saw the figure of his 'soul' inside his mind once more as he used all his focus to call out the being that he had only seen yesterday.

"Persona!"

Unlike Guy and Seitaro, Ethan had no flash moves to summon his Persona. However, his stern voice held enough authority in its very sound. And it succeeded. Above Ethan. levitating in the air, was his Persona, his very soul.

"Child of the righeteous ruler, the hawk that soars in the sky, reduce thy enemies to ashes with the mighty wind of your wings! Come, Horus, the Divine Pharaoh of the Two Lands!"

The muscular, bird-headed man was wearing the regal trappings of ancient Egypt on its divine form. His muscular arms were wearing thick bands of silver and gold embellished with an assortment of jewels, while signet rings of lapis lazuli and glass sparkled on his fingers. Gold-threaded sandles adorned his feet, and his torso was clad in a pristine white linen dress that extended down to his knees. His belt was made of beaten copper, and a necklace of a golden scarab hung over his chest. A luxurious purple mantle flew from his shoulders, casting an even more stately hue onto his figure. His head, fully like that of a hawk, moved to look at the Shadows' location. While he did not wear the Two Crowns of Egypt, a gilded uraeus crown resided above his brows. His golden, aquiline eyes squinted above its curved beak - and then a stream of air, vicious and rapid like the quick swing of an executor's axe, swept toward the Shadows and cut apart a large amount of these enemies.

Ethan grunted and took a small step backward. It wasn't a very powerful magic attack, but he could feel the exhausion already. Evidently, there's still a lot he needed to learn about things here.
    Last edited by Brynhilde; August 25th, 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Central Iwatodai – Musubi Park

“Are you sure you want to get off here, kid? We’re not that far from your neighborhood.”

“I’m sure, Tanaka-san. Why waste a wonderful night like this? I’ll walk.”

The large white truck slows to a stop in front of the entrance to Musubi Park. The blond young man opens the passenger door and exits the vehicle. He stretches his arms and legs to fight off the fatigue settling in his body.

“Haaaaa……Kids these days.” Tanaka lights another cigarette. “Make sure you get home in one piece, ya hear? I don’t want to wake up tomorrow and see your face on the news with ‘MISSING’ plastered all over it.”

“What? Are you actually worrying over me, Tanaka-san?” asks the blond in mock disbelief, his face framed in fake shock. “To believe that such a hard-ass such as yourself would actually care about me……Uuuu. I think I’m gonna cry.” He wipes imaginary tears away from his eyes.

“Don’t make me kick your ass, James.” the driver growls. “Remember, we got a busy day tomorrow so you better turn up early. Ishida and Moriya can’t do shit, so all I got is you, kid. So don’t be late.”

“Yes sir!” James gives his employer a mock salute.

Tanaka stares at his employee long and hard. “Haaaa……Take care, kid.”

“Yeah…..Got it, boss.” James flashes a smile.

The truck roars to life and drives down the road. For one instant, Tanaka’s hand sticks out and waves at James, then disappears back into the truck. And the vehicle rounds the corner and disappears altogether.

James’ hand freezes in the air as his boss, Tanaka-san, drives off. He wonders what Tanaka would do if James really did appear on the news tomorrow morning. James reaches into his pocket and feels for a small object: a blue key, given to him from a strange man with a long nose. The blond man looks up at the starry sky and knows that soon, the dark world will come. A world filled with monsters and dangers that men couldn’t even imagine. A world which could swallow him whole……and never spit him back out.

With his key in hand, James enters the park and sits down on one of the benches. And then, he waits……..

Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Natsuko Matsunaga
    11:50 pm
    Southestern Iwatodai

The hour grows late as Natsuko keeps on walking, looking for any signs of Persona users she may come across. So far, there are still people walking down the streets busy with their own business or lack thereof, but all of that will chance in less than 10 minutes. Wandering around won't do any good if she's to progress on her search, so there is one place she should look into. Natsuko walks in a quick pace towards a particular area...

11:53 pm
    Southestern Iwatodai - Strip Mall

Having arrived to the area, Natsuko takes a quick glance as she keeps to the sidewalk in order to have a good view on the street and then takes a peek inside the still opened mall. There hasn't been anyone of relevance she has found so far, but if she's lucky, that would change quickly enough. As if right on cue, Natsuko barely noticed someone not far from her current position... She was dressed in black and looked as though she was waiting for something; or to be be more accurate, someone. Why did she look as though she wanted to hide from people? She was nearly draped in darkness thanks to her clothing and Natsuko wouldn't have known she was there if it wasn't for the fact that she's human and she is holding a soda can in her hand. Seeing how things were, there was only one thing she can do, the most logical thing she must do...

Natsuko calmly approaches the girl in black and begins to speak with her.

"Excuse me, are you waiting for someone?" She asked the girl, while the look in her eyes turned a bit serious. "Or rather, are you waiting for something to happen?"

[Natsuko is talking to the girl in black]
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

12:05

"Don't waste your bullets. We'll need them later when we run out of fuel."
    "Guess you're right," Takuro replied, whilst he witnessed the summoning of Horus, "Well looks like they've all summoned theirs, I suppose it's my turn as well then."

Closing his eyes, Takuro began to visualize the being that had saved him, but a few days ago, once he has a grasp of the image of that being that was a representation of his soul, he abrupty opened his eyes and said the word which would call it forth.

"Persona!"

Four giant, feathery wings accompanied with a seemingly never endless cascade of white rose petals appeared above Takuro. Abrupty, the wings opened up, revealing the being to which they were attached to. A young blond man, dressed in ornate red and white armour, his hands clasped together seemingly in prayer. The appearance of his face was one of absolute calm, this was Barachiel, the Angel of Blessings and with a flap of his mighty wings, he sent a shower of petals that were falling around him straight at the shadows.

A shower of petals may not have seemed like much at first glance, however Barachiel was not only the Angel of Blessings, but also of Lightning, as the first of many shadows would soon discover. As the first petals touched a shadow, a bolt of lightning came down from the sky, striking the shadow as though it were divine punishment from Heaven itself. The petals of course, were harmless to Takuro's allies, but for the shadows, that was a different story. Many more flashes of lightning came down, one after the other, enveloping shadow after shadow until finally the shower of petals had ended.

"Here's to hoping that the same thing doesn't happen like it did with Maxwell-san's attack." Takuro said, as he watched to see what happened to the shadows, feeling slightly exhausted.

Blog Entries
    Time is monstrous and hateful

The whirling wheel

That advances heedlessly

Crushing all in its path

}ï{

@ Munashiino Shijima
    Central Iwatodai - Naganaki Shrine

The streets around the shrine are sparsely crowded. Despite the late hour, there is still a crowd of pedestrians, people heading to the graveyard shift, people running home late from work, or simply people with nothing better to do but to loiter outside the nearby 24-hour convenience store.

It’s a rather idyllic scene, quite unlike other sections of the city that never quite stop bustling with activity no matter the hour. A part of the city that remains alive regardless of the hour, but without the reckless abandon that other parts of the city have given in to.

@ Erasmus James Lawrence
    Central Iwatodai - Musubi Park

The park is quite deserted at this hour. Although you see the occasional policeman, there aren't very many people crossing it at this hour. Though the park is quite large so it might just be that this area in particular is not quite as crowded as the rest. Whatever the case might be, near your bench is a cleared area, the nearest tree line being quite far away. There is no one else in sight.

Still... you feel as if someone is watching you...

@ Alex Bailey
    Central Iwatodai - Moving towards NW Iwatodai.

The walk through the city streets is quite monotonous. Everything is well illuminated around the streets surrounding Musubi Park as you head Northwest, passing by both houses and apartment buildings. The streets in this area are narrower than in other, more crowded, sections of the city, but you can still move comfortably as not many cars are around at this hour.

With a brisk pace and not many pedestrians on the side walk, you should be at your destination within scant minutes.

@ Justica Farrell
    Northwest Iwatodai – Residential Area.

The area is pretty empty at this hour. Rare to see people outside their homes as midnight approaches. Most of the houses in this section of the city are western in style, with high walls set around them. The most interesting feature of the area is a nearby lot which has been fitted with a variety of slides, swings and other such playground pieces for the use of nearby families.

The lights flicker and die.

The streets change, taking on a manic checkerboard pattern at random, senseless intervals while remaining mundane concrete and asphalt in other places.

Around you, certain buildings in the edge of your peripheral vision seem to grow and change, taking on physically impossible shapes and forms.

Splatters of blood and upright coffins bathed in a gloomy red glow appear everywhere.

You can feel them lurking, a menacing presence in the edge of your mind.

@ Munashiino Shijima
    Central Iwatodai - Naganaki Shrine

As the real world shifts into The Dark Hour, all the people that were around you are turned into coffins. No one but you remains themselves as far as you can see.

Seemingly out of thin air, a scant few feet in front of you, a Shadow, like a monstrous serpent with teeth instead of fangs, materializes into existence. It immediately takes note of you, but seems wary to go near the shrine. It hisses menacingly, a sickening and revolting sound.

However, from around the corner of the street, an unchanged person peeks around a building wall fearfully. A person experiencing the Dark Hour for the first time?

The shadow quickly takes notice of them and proceeds to ignore you, slithering off towards the new arrival with the speed of an arrow loosened from a bow.

(Enemy = 1 medium Shadow.)

@ Erasmus James Lawrence
    Central Iwatodai - Musubi Park

The Dark Hour descends. You can feel them nearby. That chill working itself up your spine is a dead give away. They're near. However, for whatever reason, they're not approaching. They seem to be keeping their distance from your position.

Looking around you, you notice that there are no coffins nearby and no other humans. There are no visible Shadows either, but you can feel them lurking nearby. There is absolutely no one else in sight.

But...

That feeling that someone is watching you still hasn't gone away.

Flitting among the trees in front of you, you notice what appears to be a blue butterfly...

@ Alex Bailey & Justica Farrell
    Northwest Iwatodai.

As the Dark Hour descends, everything around you is momentarily silent. However, that is soon interrupted by a loud wailing noise coming from somewhere nearby. You hear a loud, terrified wail coming from somewhere nearby.

@ Guy Maxwell, Tsukuda Seitaro, Ethan Yen, & Nishimura Takuro.
    Tatsumi Port Island – Outside of Paulownia Mall

The enormous mass of darkness and the smaller shadows shrug off fire without any effort. Pellinore has little difficulty cutting the smaller shadows down, as the gust of razor wind from Horus and the lightning from Barachiel cause some of the smaller to break down into foul smelling ichor that quickly disappears, leaving only a mask behind. That too soon crumbles and fade from existence.

The hulking mass, however, is still mostly intact. It seems to pulse frantically for a moment and then whips a particularly large arm in a wide arc even as it gibbers senselessly. A deluge of dark, bubbling ichor rains down on you, burning your skin where it touches you and forming a medium sized shadow where it lands on the ground.

It shambles forward at great speed, rapidly gaining on your position outside the mall.

(Great SPD required to dodge the ichor rain. If you're hit, you take damage fire damage and will burn for another turn. If you dodge, a medium shadow forms next to you. Next turn it will be in melee range.)

On the edge of your vision you can see various medium sized shadows ignoring the combat, preferring instead to head northwest towards the Moonlit Bridge. Some, however, remain on the edges or circle around, trying to surround the group. They're vaguely humanoid shaped, though their forms shift and change, like liquid in a flexible container. Smoke and embers dance in their mouths.

(2 Shadows are choosing to ignore combat and head NW. 3 Shadows are trying to surround you as they prepare to attack.)

(Enemies left = 1 huge Shadow, 5 medium Shadows. All small Shadows have been eliminated.)

@ Mouto Rensuro

As Ren runs off towards the waterfront, the barely visible Shadow on the roof takes notice of him. It begins pursuit, it's heavy leaps making deep crunching noises as it advances over the rooftops. Though you're able to keep ahead of it, you can feel it gaining distance slowly. Pretty soon it'll be right on top of you.

With a final grunt of exertion, you reach the unloading area of the warehouses. It's wide and mostly empty, aside from a few large containers on the far left side. There are a few coffins spread about and... one person looking quite terrified and bewildered.

CRUNCH!

On the rooftop above you, the Shadow leers down at you. It is vaguely humanoid, in that it has easily discernible pairs 0f arms and legs, but aside from that the similarities stop. It emits a noise that is part scream and part roar and jumps at you even as a sickly purple aura sprouts around it.

(Enemy present = 1 medium Shadows.)

@ Wolfram Abendroth

The hooded person maintains the uncomfortable silence for a moment that seems to drag on forever. You can see him shift slightly, looking up at the sky, taking the strange moon into stock. He turns to face you and you can see into the hood. His features are dominated by teal tattoos arranged in lines that seem to glow and pulse with the rhythm of a beating heart. The face is that of a young Asian man, quite likely younger than you, but the eyes are a bright yellow. He looks at the dry erase board and then regards you intently for several seconds. His lips seem to curl into a small smile.

“Your soul does not smell normal,” he says and his eyes seem to shift into a bright red for the briefest of moments before returning to normal. He faces away and silently stands up.

“I feel like answering your question.”

He raises a gloved hand, as if trying to grasp the moon, and clenches it into a fist.

“I,” he says in a flippant tone, “am the strongest demon of Chaos. The end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil. I am the Demi-Fiend.”

He walks off without looking back, but you hear his voice carrying clearly.

“Stay away from the blue butterfly, kid. He doesn’t care one way or the other.”

And with that, he heads off towards the north without looking back.

The night feels somehow darker and you feel a dreadful chill.

They’re near.

No, that's wrong.

As if the "demon's" presence had been keeping them at bay, they rush forward from their hiding spot on the tree line behind you: two shadows, darker than the night, careering towards your position – a graceful feline form one second, a seething, formless blob the next. As they run they open their jaws and you can barely make out what appears to be steam rising out from them.

(Enemies approaching = 2 medium Shadows. They'll be in melee range next turn.)

Live and Learn, noob GM, Live and Learn.

This current pace is going too slow with my current work schedule. I feel it's unfair to have well over half of the players waiting so...

It's The Dark Hour for everyone now.

Have fun.

Wolfram Abendroth

Huh... well, that was interesting. No wonder he was so frightening to be near-

But the time for musing was later. Two enemies were speeding towards him. With one hand, Wolfram shoved his dry erase board and marker back into the inner pocket of his coat. At the same time, with his other hand, he grabbed the two large, more sword-like bayonets inside. Quickly, he flicked one to his other hand, and was ready for combat.

But...

He could still attack them before they got here.

He took a deep breath, and then exhaled all at once. From his mouth, a black mist came out and formed into two words.

PERSONA, MAMUDO

-The Count appeared.

To any observer, the figure was far too classic to ever miss who it was. There was only one possibility. Count Dracula. The most famous vampire in existence. One of the few personae from the "Death" Arcana.

Immediately, Dracula raised his hand, and darkness formed at his fingertips, before it split into two beams that fired at The Shadows in the distance.

Wolfram winced a little, at that. He had found that magical attacks were quire draining, much more so than physical ones, and it took longer to recover from them.

But then, in this case, he was mainly using them simply to get some damage in on his enemies at a distance. Once they were closer, he could engage them in the much easier art of physical combat.
    Last edited by xelloss; October 4th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.