Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129134137138139
Results 2,761 to 2,766 of 2766

Thread: [FF] Trinity VI: The Blood (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Very true, but as you can see, getting Shin to obey them will not an be easy task.
    I reckon the guy will die a few chapters before we reach the half-point of the last book. Just as the story will start picking the pace up, that is, and then our trio will have to deal with Tohnos unified more tightly than they ever were.

I never understood why Rowling didn't do that, actually. An entire school full of Slytherin types as potential antagonists, and they were never used - at least that she mentioned. Then again, she failed to mention a lot.
    Because even with their "uh oh, we be evil" vibe, they aren't idiots, and to convince them to side with someone who has bigger plans, that person has to be charismatic, which Rowling's Tom was not. And there's also the fact that to even think of recruiting them, Tom would have to think about people as, you know, actual people (even if merely "people useful for my plans") instead of tools, like he did in Rowling's books.

Like any power-hungry sociopath, Riddle will support any philosophy or idea that will give him power, whether or not he actually believes it.
    But then again, the political situation is very different from the one in Rowling's books. It wouldn't be easy for him to engineer a take-over of the whole wizarding nation of Britain, not with Bones as the minister and with ICW monitoring the situation. And since the support for muggle-borns is greater than in the original books, too, in the eyes of someone like him a thorough cleanse of the country might appear to be the better option. Moreover, there is a group of people with connections and rather high potential for wizarding magic that is actively trying to oppose him (that group being the original trinity), and they were actively trying to screw him over for the last ("at least", from his perspective, that is) three years.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Heck, Riddle can start to become like the big governments of today and start to make enemies... Go any farther and I'll start turning heads... I need to talk to different people xD

Been a while... was indesposed and I'm back with a vengeance.

I missed a lot and am happy to see Rin on board again. I just have one word for her students... SUFFER! Though a brains competition between Rin and Hermione would be quite funny...
    US Story Support:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Phew, finally caught up... dammit Kieran, I was suppost to study today!
    Anyway, I'm very keen to see what happens next, and feel I must commend you for somehow making me actually read, let alone enjoy a HP fanfic...
    As for the whole reason he never went to Durmstrang for reinforcements, well your Voldy is a lot smarter than Canon; It probably wouldn't even occur to the origional. Also, I believe that they were only what, 2 generations down from their last psycho dark wizard? Krum did mention in DH that he and his mates liked to beat on wannabe Grindelwalds after all...
    Last edited by forumghost; August 5th, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Phew, finally caught up... dammit Kieran, I was suppost to study today!
    Sorry.

Anyway, I'm very keen to see what happens next,
    You can do so here, if you haven't spotted it already.

and feel I must commend you for somehow making me actually read, let alone enjoy a HP fanfic...
    That seems to be a common sentiment with this series . . . Not that I ever tire of hearing it - and thank you.

As for the whole reason he never went to Durmstrang for reinforcements, well your Voldy is a lot smarter than Canon; It probably wouldn't even occur to the origional. Also, I believe that they were only what, 2 generations down from their last psycho dark wizard? Krum did mention in DH that he and his mates liked to beat on wannabe Grindelwalds after all...
    True - but I'll wager that the Hogwarts students liked to beat on the Slytherins for a while after Voldy's first defeat, too, and we can see how well that worked. Heck, just using the Nazis as a comparison point - we've got the term "neo-Nazi" for a reason.

More to the point, even after Grindelwald's defeat, and Voldemort's, Durmstrang's policies are still "we teach the Dark Arts, and no mudblood muggle-born students are accepted." The environment that spawned those two and their attitudes hasn't really changed even after two or three generations - so to my mind, that means that it's going to still be a fertile breeding ground for more people like them, however peaceful it might appear to be nowadays.

And Crouch had an entire school year to find them all . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Eh, since I am an infinitely kind, noble and generous soul, I suppose I can forgive you- after all, there wasn't really a need to read the whole fic in one day, now was there?

Fair point on Crouch having a year to work them over- that much time and the morons, esp in the wizarding world, are bound to come out of the woodwork.

Also I'm sure you've mentioned this, but why exactly does noone care that the Tohno commited kidnapping and attempted rape on foreign soil? Seems kinda odd...
    Kudo's on writing them up as such great villains btw- I currently hold your Akiha in roughly the same level of regard as canon Shinji, and I've found that even by normal standards, I really don't like Shinji.

Anyways, off to read the next chapter I suppose, It wouldn't do to keep bumping the thread after all

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Eh, since I am an infinitely kind, noble and generous soul, I suppose I can forgive you- after all, there wasn't really a need to read the whole fic in one day, now was there?
    No - but I can still be pleased and embarrassed about it.

Fair point on Crouch having a year to work them over- that much time and the morons, esp in the wizarding world, are bound to come out of the woodwork.
    Yup.

Also I'm sure you've mentioned this, but why exactly does noone care that the Tohno commited kidnapping and attempted rape on foreign soil? Seems kinda odd...
    Check my notes regarding blood feuds and Britain's international status in The Twilight's first chapter and the subsequent commentary.

Kudo's on writing them up as such great villains btw- I currently hold your Akiha in roughly the same level of regard as canon Shinji, and I've found that even by normal standards, I really don't like Shinji.
    I don't like him, either, so I'm not sure whether or not to be pleased by that.

Anyways, off to read the next chapter I suppose, It wouldn't do to keep bumping the thread after all
    No, I suppose not.
    Last edited by Kieran; November 9th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette