Thread: Chronicle: EMIYA

Blog Entries

Chronicle: EMIYA

There were some problems with the thread I originally intended to use for this, but those have been resolved and now I'm writing the piece for Archer, with some relative peace at past.

------

Life.

For some, it can be a wonderful thing; the one-of-a-kind experience that most others will never really get the chance to experience. It isn't as if I hold any unreasonable grudge towards them for it though.

My life wasn't anywhere near as good, but that might just be because any recollection of the first eight years is beyond me. From the very beginning, I was witness to pain, death and all the other facets of human misery and fear. The corrupted Grail felt wrong, even through the agony of it eating away at my body and soul.

Kiritsugu pulled me out of that though, and I chose to live with him as a result. Looking back at it, I wonder how much would have been different if I had chosen otherwise. Probably nothing, in the end. Fate has an uncanny way of making you its bitch whenever possible.

The Fifth War came around, and I... just wasn't ready for it.

Everyone that I knew died around me, one by one. Some were by my own hand; Sakura fell to the darkness inside and I never gave her the chance to come back from it.

Rin tried to break my will and make me her servant. I overpowered her before breaking her hands and then snapping her neck in a single clean motion. The ease with which I did it haunted me for a long time.

Saber turned on me for the sake of her wish. It took the two Command Seals I had somehow managed to avoid using to make Arturia cut off her own head using Excalibur.

Issei, Ayako and Taiga were never found inside Bloodfort Andromeda. Shinji paid for it with his life when I caught him. Lancer, who I had allied with after losing Saber to Rin and he was forced to escape from Gilgamesh attacking him, introduced him to Gae Bolg soon after.

I cut off one of Gilgamesh's arms with Kanshou before stabbing him in the throat as he activated Enuma Elish. His body was entirely ripped apart and I had to regenerate my heart, lungs, both legs, left arm, five ribs and the left side of my face while Avalon did its work. The pain took away everything I could do, not even letting me scream.

Kotomine used the same curse that had ended Kiritsugu's life on me before I killed him with a chainsaw. It took a while, and both jaws were broken from where he kept on punching me in the face.

After that ended, it didn't take long for another war to come about. Colombia had let the drug cartels go too far out of their jurisdiction and they had returned to declare war on the government.

It had been two years since the Fifth Realta Nua ended, and I hopped onto a plane for Brazil, the closest I could get to the country at the moment without the aircraft being shot down.

Not even Avalon could do anything to stop a curse powered by All the World's Evil, and my pancreas had already failed. All the way through the flight, my lungs were slowly failing and a hacking cough was mostly the only thing to be heard from me.

Making my way to the leader's mansion was not easy, but I no longer cared for human life and simply shot a bloody swathe through everything in my way that pointed a gun toward me. Age did not factor into it; I can remember shooting a mere 12-year-old girl forced to fight by the drug money funded mercenaries. She had no left eye and the back of her head was gone from where the three 5.45 AK bullets impacted.

Walking was an ordeal for me, even when I became a Counter Guardian to stop the deaths of a hundred innocent people. Pulling the trigger wasn't.

The look on the tyrant's face when a single .44 bullet hit him in the stomach was something that shall entertain me forever.

When the Colombian police and armed forces stormed the building, I was found and taken into custody. It appeared that most of the civilians had died in the crossfire, despite my efforts to save them.

The time spent on Death Row is normally two weeks. For me, hair turned white and lungs barely functioning, it would only be six hours. As I walked out onto the field, ignoring Gaia's attempts to pull me away, I have no regrets.

Death will be peaceful for me, and then I will finally manage to be with the people who paid for my mistakes in the afterlife...

------

My God, that was hard to write.
    [rubytest=永遠の旅人]Infinite Wanderer[/rubytest]

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    ...wow. That's a dark timeline. If this Shirou became Archer, I'd think he'd rather die then team up with saber.

Blog Entries
    Shirou, and thus Archer loses his connection to Saber after the events in F/SN.

This means they cannot use Avalon.

This is why Archer is not stronger than Gilgamesh; Rho Aias is a strong shield but Avalon is Absolute Territory++ powerlevel, and the only thing known to block Ea.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but Avalon does work even without Saber. Shirou didn't die straight away from Gae Bolg the first time Lancer used it on him, and that's why Rin was able to heal him instead of finding a corpse.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Erm, Lancer didn't use Gae Bolg on Shirou, he just stabbed him. I don't believe that heart wounds are instantly fatal, especially not if you're a magus.

Blog Entries
    Gae Bolg stabs are still hard to live through, because barbs.