Thread: Shatter the Kaleidoscope (IC)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Violet LaPierre
    Einzbern Dungeons
    Mental Balance: 50

Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    "F-FINE!" She stutters before mumbling, "Only because it's you."
    Well, it looks like Isis is tsundere. That's probably going to be the death of me, assuming nothing else kills me first. I back against the wall in the cell, holding Isis close to me. She keeps wiggling and squirming, too... I wouldn't mind if not for the fact we were trying to avoid being caught.

The guards approach, you see six of them... Einzbern Maids.

Two of them wear different outfits and stood in the center of the pack, leading the group. The two at each side wore... armor... and wielded gigantic halberds. A single cleave would cut you into two.
    ...well then. Two armoured homunculi, two in those weird maid outfits they wear, and two in different clothes. If the armoured ones are as badass as Leysitt is supposed to be, I won't stand a chance in a fight. Man, why did I have to end up here... I mean, Isisviel, but I don't want to get killed. Especially this early. It would be embarrassing.

As they pass the cell you hid into, Isis let out an almost exaggeratedly loud sigh...
    ...Just loud enough to cause the maid in the back to frown and turn around, "What was that?"
    FUCK, WHY.

I make myself as small as possible, squeezing in out of sight from the cell door. What do I do what do I do What do I dooooooo?!

With Isis and all the other homunculi here, I'm probably in Einzbern Castle itself. Which means sneaking away is right out, fighting my way out is suicide, and waiting just gets me killed slower. Fuck. My other option... walk out of the cell and try reasoning with the guards. Oh, joy. With no other viable option, I guess I'll have to do it... I lean down slightly to whisper in Isisviel's ear, as quietly as I can, "Stay in front of me. Don't say anything. I'm going to try and keep us out of trouble." Man, I'm gonna feel like a dick if I live through this.

I turn Isis around, placing on hand on her waist and another on her shoulder. Making sure to keep her between me and the guards, I slowly walk out of the cell, a sickly sweet smile on my face. Doing my best to keep my voice level, I address the six guards. "Hello there, children of the Einzbern. I have... business with Old Man Acht, if he is not preoccupied with something else. Would you be so kind as to take me to him?"
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Kusanagi Saya (Fangstrike)
    Unknown Location, Japan

Mental Balance: 50

For a moment, Saya was so entranced by the three treasures that she was caught off guard when Zouken grabbed her hand. It was painful having something tear through her skin and replace her fingernail, but even more than that, she was filled with a sense of revulsion.

“This is… a small trinket that will remind you of me when you see it. Should you be in dire need of assistance, it would call to those of my Family. There are some other properties… but I’m sure you won’t need to know them.”
    Oh, I'm pretty sure I do need to know what you've done, though I'm not sure I want to, you sicko.

She hoped this little trinket didn't allow Zouken to read her mind. That'd be bad, since she was currently plotting to stab him in the back. Knowing Zouken, he probably wouldn't take offense; bastard was probably already plotting against her anyways. You don't chain guests to beds in your well thought out dungeons nor do you threaten them with a legion of flesh-eating worms, unless you were an evil psychopath, like gramps.

“If you will go ahead and take these treasures, my son shall be waiting for us up stairs,” He added suavely, “Unless you have some additional questions?”
    "No. Let's go." Saya obediently picked up the treasures and followed behind Zouken up the stairs. The power thrumming from the artifacts reassured her, though on a deeper level she knew Zouken wouldn't give her something unless he was sure he could squash her like a bug. When she was halfway up the stairs, she felt something pulling at her body, no her soul. What was that? She brushed it off for now and followed Zouken out of the chamber.
    Last edited by Fangstrike; October 9th, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Introduction for New Players Part One

Clank.

Clank.

Clank.

Your eyes open to lights too bright for your natural body to take.

You blink.

An image stays in your mind. It is the picture of a crone, old and wrinkled. But you did not get a good look at her. Your body protests and you are unable or unwilling to reopen your eyes… for now.

It was the sound of her staff, short like her own stature, clashing against the stone floor. Though it looked like wood to you, it sounded like it was pulverizing the stone beneath it. Just like how the crone will crush you, should she feel the need for it.

“Hm? I see you’re awakened, hm? Hm, how many fingers am I holding up?” The crone cackled at her own joke before stopping. She placed a hand on your forehead for just half a second, before pulling away, “Hm. What a pity. Lost your memories, have you? Doctor Frankenstein, do take note of this, we do not want to… lose these subjects so easily…” She said tersely.

“Yes, madam,” a soft, baritone voice grumbled behind her, the sound of the doctor shuffled away.

“Hm… this is no good…”

The crone mutters.

You try to open your eyes again. Your body feels different, even your soul feels not comfortably fit. Like wearing a pair of pants worn by some other person who was five sizes too large, only to realize you were ten sizes too large.

You feel awkward, simply said.

“It’s a pity, hm?” The crone grunts at you, “You were to be one of our successors! Ah… such talent lost… but you are not lost, yet! You have successfully hijacked the ritual perpetuated by that old buffoon Zelretch. I can see the Seven Seals on you clearly.

Good.” She growls, suddenly vicious. Your eyes open just fast enough to see the razor sharp teeth within her maw. She might have seemed like a kindly old grandmother to any, but the teeth within her mouth, which is more like the mouth of a shark, with so many rows of sawing teeth that you understand at least you are in mortal peril should she choose to dispose of you.

“There is no time for secrets, so do keep up, like you used to at least,” she grumbles out, “I am your liaison to our Great Council. I am not a madam,” here you think, she turned around to glare at Doctor Frankenstein as she paused, before she added, “I am not a lady. I am Baba Yaga. You are in the infirmaries of this Council.”

You blinked your eyes again. You have adjusted to the light. At least, you have adjusted enough to see the old crone—Baba yaga’s—scale-like skin. It was as if she were not completely human, and yet not exactly a lizard. She was like a cross between, a lizard person, if you would.

“You are curious,” her oddly pitched voice hiked, “good. Good. Then your inquisitive mind can store information. You will learn fast enough.

You are one of us, under the command of the Great Gathering of Magi. You youngsters call us… the Shadow Council. Fitting,” she cackled again, “But formally, we are called the Illuminati. We rule this continent, free from the pathetic forces of the Church and away from the spying eyes of the Association. Here, we rule supreme. Do you understand? It is…

…Ours, and yours, a land of our freedom.” She paused.

You can see the room clearly now. It looks something out of an old movie poster. Something from a century before. Perhaps a little less? This room looked like an old hospital, only it was not old. It was brand new. It looked as if it was just made.

Just for you.

A room to yourself.

“You will need to learn, and quickly. There is still much we do not know about this ritual the cheating bastard Zelretch tried… We must take that power, that contract allowing us to tap into the very veins of the world…” She coughed, before grumbling again. She turned away from you, looking vicious and angry. She looked more like a lizard than a human now.

“Ah, curious about me are you? But that… that will come later, when you have proven your worth once more. For now, you are just a puppet. No mind pulling your strings. We will need to remedy this, or…”

She paused.

There was an odd gleam in her eyes.

You shivered. You couldn’t help it. It was as if she was going to eat you. She was actually going to eat you. She—

She turned away. “Youngsters,” she huffed, “so easy to play with. Do… rest.

You’ll need it in the times to come.”

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucia Isabella Vega de Bradley
    Underground Laboratory, London, England
    Luck: 42
    Mental Balance: 35

I feel it at the back of my neck, a discharge of power and magical energy being released, not once, but twice. Amazingly enough, there is no sense of pain attached to the loss, as I would have expected, but rather a small thrill of something akin to… excitement and anticipation. Clinically, a portion of my mind informs me that I have just used up two of my Command Spells to be able to bind the… the monster in front of me. I realize the importance of the Command Spells, of course, but chaining the beast is more important right now. Binding him seven times over is not enough. Not nearly enough. He must be made to heel or he’ll end up taking my own life and that of thousands – no, millions – of others. So, the loss of those two Command Spells? It’s an acceptable loss in exchange for protecting myself and everyone else from the vampire.

So, I coldly accept the loss because the gain far outweighs it.

I watch as the Command Spells begin their work upon the Spirit.

He glows and writhes, exuding power, trying to fight off the spell. He’s radiating so much power that it’s tangible, so tangible that it pushes me back nearly against the wall. I grunt with exertion but fight against it myself the pressure myself. No. I’m only just beginning! I need to get back home! I will not be cowed by – !

AGH!

PAIN!

For a precious moment, I lose concentration due to a suddenly blindingly hot spike of agony coursing through my entire body, almost as if I had just broken a bone! I gasp, my foot slips, and I tumble backwards to fall prone on the floor, too startled to think of using my own magecraft to protect myself. What’s going onnnnghhya!

Gah! Oh God! Dad! Lord Bradley! The pain! Arrrrgggghhhh! My mind… is on fire… It feels like… I’m being torn apart! It hurts! It hurts! Stop! Please stop it! Nnnnnnnggggh!

A HUNDRED THOUSAND CURSES UPON ALL THINGS!

I… I’m losing my mind!

It’s over in a few seconds though they felt like endless centuries. By the end of it, I’m gasping for breath and panting as if I had just run a marathon though all I did was get knocked to the floor. My head is throbbing horribly and I’m feeling feverish and dizzy. I raise my hands to clutch at my head, to wipe the sweat off my brow, and notice that they’re trembling.

What… what the hell just happened?

But before I can think on it for too long my attention is drawn to the tall man before me.

“I… see, Master,” he hisses in a distasteful tone as he steps forward. The movement is swift and graceful, but it carries a deadly air to it, like a predator stalking its prey. He speaks again, and his voice drips so much disdain that it almost sounds as if he had just chewed on a lemon, “Very well, I will… protect… you.”

Each word, each motion, his stance, his smell, his savage eyes… everything is so sharp… so clear. What… what just happened to me?

Again, my disorderly thoughts are interrupted by the vampire.

“I repeat myself just this once,” he says with a sneer, supreme arrogance in his every fiber as he runs a hand haphazardly through his wild hair. “I am Dio Brando, the Ultimate Being.”

It would have been a site to make my knees tremble if I didn’t feel suddenly… irritated.

I snort disdainfully as I lift myself up and dust off my skirt with unhurried and precise motions, pointedly ignoring the murderous spiritual being in front of me. "So long as you remember that I am the Master, Servant, I care little for whatever titles you wish to attach to your name," I say with a casual air of dismissal. Satisfied that my sable black dress is once again pristine, I look up at the much taller man and his... unique outfit. "You look like a jester in those and they're far too distinctive. We have to get you new clothes. We'll hypnotize a tailor to fit you some suits. Assume a spiritual form and follow me. We're going out into the city."

I... I'm going insane, aren't I? The Seals... they took something away. Everything feels less important all of a sudden, the world more distant and colder. I feel far more irritable... and hungrier.

An Archmagus... A ritual with unparalleled power... Dio Brando...

Just.... just what am I capable of?

Blog Entries
    Lucia Isabella Vega de Bradley
    Underground Laboratory, London, England
    Luck: 42
    Mental Balance: 36

“Interesting. Interesting. Interesting,” he smiled. It was a casual smile, beautiful and dripping with lust. Yet as strange and foolish as he looked, Dio Brando was nothing but magnificent. His very being began to melt into something like molten gold as he nodded. “Very well… Master. You are the Master and the Servant is me, for now. I wonder… what adventures shall you take me on?”

The gold crept through the floor, like a million little hairs growing out of his body. They sped towards you before you could even utter a sound, surrounding you like the metals of a circuitry board. All around you, these thin golden strands raised at the same time. They hissed like the heads of the Hydra, and dug themselves into you.

It must have seemed like an hour, but then, you realized…

…only a single second had passed.

Dio Brando had melted himself onto you, like an invisible, second skin. It was nothing like what he should be able to do, yet he could.

Within your mind, you heard from the other side of the link, “Now, now, if someone worthy enough to be my Master were to destroy herself because of something as simple as information overload, I… might… lose… my… MIND! HYA HA HAHA!” He cackled like a jackal, but he seemed… sincere.

“Where shall we go, My Master?” He whispered honey into your ears, “What do you desire? I can provide you with anything.” At that, your clothing shifted. Unlike alteration magecraft, the world accommodated Dio Brando. ‘Your clothing always was pristine’ …was what the Ultimate One corrected. It was as if your ‘clothing’ was never in tatters. Or perhaps this wasn’t clothing at all. Whatever it was, it was a mystery beyond anything you could imagine. “What shall we do? Where shall we go? What… shall we kill?

Unknown Location, Japan

Mental Balance: 51

Upstairs you are greeted with a boy.

He seems slightly pale, but overall he looks rather timid and friendly. But at the sight of his grandfather, he looked like he wanted to run. But he couldn’t move anymore than simply shiver in his spot. He looks rather feminine, like a female Matou Shinji. Of course, for all you know, he could be Shinji’s ancestor. This boy had the clan’s distinctive blue hair and wore it in a pony tail down his back, to his waist. With his feminine face, if Zouken had not pointed out he was a girl, he could have tricked you into thinking he was a girl.

“Ah, did I forget to mention? My son is fourteen.” Zouken smirked, “You know what I say, ‘Old enough to die, old enough to marry’ or something like that. Boy!” He barked at the miserable boy, “Greet your new wife. You will obey her until the end of her war, then you will come home, understand?”

“…yes, father,” the boy replied monotonously. “I understand.”

“Louder,” Zouken growled, “Like you mean it, boy.”

“Yes, father,” his shaky voice echoed through the house, “I understand!”

“Good. Now get out of here, lead the woman to her carriage or something. I have work to do,” he grumbled and walked away, muttering curses. “And obey her as you would me, or else you’d never see the death you wish you had.”

The boy stared at you blankly and sadly before offering a hand, “Would you like help with those items, Mistress…?” He seems to be asking your name. It seems as if he had already accepted his arranged marriage to you already, despite not even knowing your name.

Violet LaPierre
    Einzbern Dungeons
    Mental Balance: 49

“You must be stupid,” the lead Maid laughed, “Disrespecting the Master thus! Prepare to—”

“That’s quite enough, Beatrice,” an old, worn voice called gently. Don’t let it fool you with its warmth, because even without seeing the man, you can hear the steel in his voice. One wrong step and he will eat you alive. “Look at you… seduction, murder, theft… and now you want to… what? See me in person?”

You could not see the Master of the Einzbern, but his voice was everywhere. The Maids all immediately stood down and kneeled. Even Isis knelt beside you.

“You have spunk, brat,” he spat venomously. “If it wasn’t for your participation in a certain little game that a little bird had whispered into my ears, why… you’d already be dead. Do you understand your situation? Well? Speak up, don’t be shy. If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it long ago. You are still balls deep in my home, and you wanted to see me. Hurry up!” He yelled impatiently.

Daniel Averson (KnightTurtle)
    Northern Morocco, Africa
    Mental Balance: 43

“Rejoice, foreign white devil,” He cried, “You may enter this humble house of the Lord! Why, I shall offer to you my meal right now! You had interrupted me rudely right in the middle of lunch.”

He took out a plate of something… from… somewhere. It was some kind of meat. It looked cooked, with its brown color. But on top of the meat was a thick layer of some kind of red and green sauce. The smell of the sauce, even from such a distance away, made your eyes water. It was really salty.

“Oh, you must be thirsty as well!” The priest clapped, “Why I shall bring out a fresh jar of ocean water right away! Come, come, sit within this humble house, my son.”

Indeed it was a humble house. You could even call it shabby. It was like a rushed construction of a shack, and used some strange materials like clay and sand instead of what you would expect a church to be like.

The priest looked at you, smiling and eyes full of concern, “Is there anything else you wanted?” He asked as he offered you a plate of meat covered in a layer of salt sauce and a cup of salt water.

Felix Wilhelm Walter (Bloble)
    Northern Russia
    Mental Balance: 58

Both you and your bear are dressed in a layer of golden armor. It was ridiculous because of how heavy it was, and how little use it actually had. There was nothing special about this layer of gold chains hanging off of you other than that it is from Xerxes. Of course, this is still over one hundred pounds of gold on you, over your silk clothing.

Xerxes tilts her head at you, “Germany? I know where that is, silly Master.” As she giggled, all the maidservants around you also giggled with her, like dolls. “But we will have to go there through the snow. Persepolis will not move through the planes of mortals, you know? But don’t you have your stead right here?”

She petted your bear-familiar, who purred and rolled over, as if asking her to scratch its belly. Ah, it’s a boy.

“How cute,” Xerxes muttered, though without any conviction. “I dislike cute things. They are not worthy of me. Only you, my most noble master…” She began to breath heavily and her cheeks grew red, as she stared at you with longing and lust…

Cornack McChallan (LeopardBear)
    Wilderness, Southern Mexico
    Mental Balance: 46

You wake up after hearing the sounds of activity, just in time to see a sign that told you that you had just arrived at a town called San Bernardino.

You had fallen asleep somewhere in your journey, but it seems like the horse moved on its own (dice roll 20).

How did you even get here?

There was no time to tell, because just as you reached the city limits, your horse collapsed and died.

A man rides up to you, shot gun in hand, “Why hallo there, stranger! What brings you to this town with a dying horse?” He calls to you. There is suspicion in his eyes.

You can see that your body had returned to normal, with all wounds, even scratches that were inconsequential, healed. But now you are white as white can be, so at least you won’t suffer from racism.

Still, the man looked rather antsy, like he didn’t want you here.

Blog Entries
    Cornack McChallan (LeopardBear)
    Wilderness, Southern Mexico
    Mental Balance: 46

You wake up after hearing the sounds of activity, just in time to see a sign that told you that you had just arrived at a town called San Bernardino.
    San Bernardino... California, that I know. I think also somewhere in the south, but... how long have I been out, anyways? Did the horse walk all the way here? I thought I was farther south.

There was no time to tell, because just as you reached the city limits, your horse collapsed and died.
    Oh. I... oh.

I carefully close its eyes. Good horse, I don't know what your name was, or why you were there for me, but you went fare beyond the call of duty for me. Rest in peace. I'm so sorry.

A man rides up to you, shot gun in hand, “Why hallo there, stranger! What brings you to this town with a dying horse?” He calls to you. There is suspicion in his eyes. The man looked rather antsy, like he didn’t want you here.
    Awwww. Can't I get a nice greeting for once? Well, no clue what the situation is, so tell the truth now. Less likely to screw you up. "Kiddnapped. Got dragged out into Mexico by some bounty hunters. Managed to get away from them and steal their horse. Do you have any water, friend?" Parched. Even though my wounds had healed, I could really use a drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Violet LaPierre
    Einzbern Dungeons
    Mental Balance: 49

“You have spunk, brat,” he spat venomously. “If it wasn’t for your participation in a certain little game that a little bird had whispered into my ears, why… you’d already be dead. Do you understand your situation? Well? Speak up, don’t be shy. If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it long ago. You are still balls deep in my home, and you wanted to see me. Hurry up!” He yelled impatiently.
    Oh. Well. I'm going to die now, aren't I? I didn't think I'd be talking to Acht so soon, or at all, really. I was sure the guards would have attacked me by now, and there's no way I can fight off Einzbern guard homunculi. Back to diplomacy and praying. Hopefully I'll manage to keep my voice calm a bit longer.

"Ah, old man. I am glad to be able to speak with you. I would have preferred to be in better condition, but I suppose my actions so far have made that unlikely, to say the least. Now, about that little game you speak of..." Oh man, I don't even know what I did. Seduction, probably Isis, maybe more people? If he brings up the murder and theft too much, I'm probably fucked. "...well, I'm not sure if "little" is the right way to describe it, but that is a debate for another time. You do realize, I hope, that the ritual will almost definitely continue even without supervision? Much more likely is a malfunction, and any magus should know even the tiniest mistake in such a ritual will lead to disaster."

Fortunately, some information on this ritual is still floating around in my head. Unfortunately, if Acht knows anything about it, it will probably be more than me, which would be a very bad thing. "So, von Einzbern, what is your stance on the matter? Should our little game be stopped? Should it be set on track so we may take advantage of the results? Or, should it be left alone, to see if it can bring greater destruction than the Heaven's Feel could ever dream of?"
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Felix Wilhelm Walter (Bloble)
    Northern Russia
    Mental Balance: 58
    Xerxes tilts her head at you, “Germany? I know where that is, silly Master.” As she giggled, all the maidservants around you also giggled with her, like dolls. “But we will have to go there through the snow. Persepolis will not move through the planes of mortals, you know? But don’t you have your stead right here?”

She petted your bear-familiar, who purred and rolled over, as if asking her to scratch its belly. Ah, it’s a boy.

“How cute,” Xerxes muttered, though without any conviction. “I dislike cute things. They are not worthy of me."
    "We'll have to move through the snow, huh..." That's bad. Not because of the freezing cold and horrible weather, but because it'll take so long to reach Germany at that rate. I don't know where I am exactly, but it's much too far away for my comfort. I need a quick way of moving, fast. "Riding on my... steed... will take too long. I need to be there fast. Don't you possess some sort of transport device? A chariot, perhaps? Maybe an ancient airplane?" Oops, shouldn't have let that one slip out.

...And my steed is a boy. I think I'll call him Theo.

And Xerxes hates him. Well, I guess I know what to do. I raise my hand and point at Theo. "Very well then. Your presence is currently unnecessary. You may... wander around until I have need of you once more." I send the message through a mindlink as well. Hopefully it should keep him out of her way. I don't want Xerxes getting annoyed and incinerating Theo by accident.

And then she delivers the whammy.

Only you, my most noble master…” She began to breath heavily and her cheeks grew red, as she stared at you with longing and lust…
    Her eyes. She's staring right at me. I can feel the lust in her voice, and see it in her eyes.

My body threatens to shiver, not because of the cold, but because of a slow warmth rising through my heavily armoured body. Suddenly I feel hot, as if I'm standing next to the sun itself.

My self control is fading. It isn't just the weak me. Felix wants this too. It's been a while, cooped up in this cold land for long periods of time... it has been a long time since this body has felt the touch of a woman.

...if this had been me by myself, I wouldn't have known what to do. I would've either become a drooling mess, or fainted. But Felix... the carnal pleasures are not unknown to him. Too quickly for me to grasp hold of several images of different women flash past me. All are in a state of ecstasy. Felix is confident in his ability to please.

I'm not. But this body is.

I return her stare, my own smoldering with barely concealed lust. "Well then." I finally say, and instead of a rasping croak my voice is smoother than ever before. "I think I could... spend some time here before leaving. After all..." I smile.

"It would be rude of a guest not to sample the pleasures of his host's palace."

I move forward, and my lips claim hers.

Unknown Location, Japan
    Mental Balance: 51

“Ah, did I forget to mention? My son is fourteen.” Zouken smirked, “You know what I say, ‘Old enough to die, old enough to marry’ or something like that. Boy!” He barked at the miserable boy, “Greet your new wife. You will obey her until the end of her war, then you will come home, understand?”

“…yes, father,” the boy replied monotonously. “I understand.”

“Louder,” Zouken growled, “Like you mean it, boy.”

“Yes, father,” his shaky voice echoed through the house, “I understand!”

“Good. Now get out of here, lead the woman to her carriage or something. I have work to do,” he grumbled and walked away, muttering curses. “And obey her as you would me, or else you’d never see the death you wish you had.”
    Saya felt a little bad for the kid, but that feeling was overwhelmed by her sense of disgust for the whole situation. The boy was barely into his teens, years younger than Saya, and Zouken expected them to be married? Unfortunately, for both of them, Saya planned to end this sham of a marriage as soon as possible.

As Zouken left the two of them alone, Saya couldn’t help but feel a sense of relief. She noticed her hand was slightly shaking. Saya hadn’t grasped how terrified she really was of Zouken until after he left. If Zouken knew half the things going on in her head, he probably would’ve tossed her into the worm chamber.

The boy stared at you blankly and sadly before offering a hand, “Would you like help with those items, Mistress…?” He seems to be asking your name. It seems as if he had already accepted his arranged marriage to you already, despite not even knowing your name.
    “Kusanagi Saya,” she replied in a polite tone and a gentle, motherly smile, much different from her attitude towards Zouken. Part of her kindness was genuine, but the other half had a more calculative reason. For now, her only defense against Zouken was that he didn’t know she was magically impotent at the moment. To continue perpetuating that illusion, she could use this boy’s help. Perhaps, he would even be willing to turn against Zouken after Saya regained her vessel’s powers and granted him the chance to free himself from his father. Yes, this boy was a potential ally and useful tool, but for now, he was a liability. Saya had no illusions about his current allegiance; Zouken was an overwhelming tyrant ruling through fear and abuse. She was merely laying the foundation for the seeds of rebellion. It was entirely possible that Zouken’s hold on this boy was too strong for him to shake loose, but being kind didn’t cost Saya anything in the end.

“Thank you for the offer, but it’s no trouble carrying these.” It’s not that Saya didn’t trust the boy, she didn’t, but the power of these artifacts gave her a sense of comfort, as fragile and illusionary as they were. “Could you acquire some transportation and make other accomodations? I think your father would like us to leave him in peace sooner rather than later.”