Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188193196197198
Results 3,941 to 3,941 of 3941

Thread: The Manhattan Project II

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muke1995 View Post
    It has also made me a Jeanne fan. A gold mine of history.

Also, i have noticed that people wanted World War 2 generals to be depicted in this, and while them being too young as spirits to be eglible in the 60's, there was also one other problem.... not a lot of them actually would qualify as Heroic Spirits for many reasons. For example, Georgy Zhukov (1896-1973) was still alive during the events of Manhattan War, and one of pre-requisites for being a Spirit would be dying. Many other famous generals at the time were alive during that era, WW2 still being kind of a fresh memory, and many "myths" about them would be debunked before their deaths, so they wouldn't be eglible as "Heroes" anyway.

In my opinion, only Patton and Rommel would be proper Heroic Spirits from WW2 era, since their fame, power and mystery, as well as "early" deaths would provide enough reasons to become powerful Servants. Would they be available for summons as early as 60's though?

Also, if Zhukov was a Servant, his weapon would be a fishing rod. don't ask :P
    Going by Shirou and EMIYA, there doesn't seem to be any inherent problem with Servants being summoned in a time where they're still alive. Gilgamesh also summoned himself as a Servant in the Babylon singularity if I recall correctly. Your point about WWII heroes lacking enough mystique to be Heroic Spirits is fair enough, though I can easily imagine some exceptions.