Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manhattan Project II

Blog Entries
    Aw hell naw. This is gonna be a good war.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait to poast the next chapter. It's seriously awesome, what all goes down in the upcoming battle. I'll edit it once I get back from work, and have it up sometime tonight.

I'm glad it's being enjoyed!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Five, stop making my 500 word every few days update schedule look bad. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Mh, I can't say I liked the "church scene"...

I don't think George should talk about the HGW with two masters at the same time. I mean, "finding the other masters" should be part of the war. Also, the purpose of this war is to wish for peace: shouldn't this be talked about in the church, instead of the advices on "how to use a command spell"? And is really necessary to go to the church for "registration"? Someone might ambush and kill the neo-master even before the war starts for him... (but this is a problem I had with FSN too, so it doesn't count).

“If my Master and I win, and although that is a large leap of faith to make at this point, I must ask: is it true that the Servant is given a wish in the same manner as the Master?”
    I thought it was "only the servant or the master can get the wish", not two at the same time. That's the purpose of command spells in general, and using only two during the war and leaveing the last one for the end, so that the servant don't kill you at the last moment and steal your wish.

“Do not hold back on them. Go, Alexander-!”
    Oh Five_X...

I thought both were promised a wish? In the 5th war, Saber seems shocked and sad that Shirou doesn't want a wish in UBW -- if it were otherwise, she'd be pleased considering she likes him and killing him wouldn't make her day.

What *actually* is the case...I think anyone can utilize the prana, but that with 6 servants down, there should be enough prana for any conceivable wish for both Master and Servant, but since the ritual was originally designed to activate the Third, the master would have (originally, before everyone forgot why they were fighting) used a command seal to force the 7th servant to kill themselves to activate the Third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    I thought both were promised a wish? In the 5th war, Saber seems shocked and sad that Shirou doesn't want a wish in UBW -- if it were otherwise, she'd be pleased considering she likes him and killing him wouldn't make her day.
    Still not convinced. I thought command spell were created exactly for the purpose of handling a familiar waaay stronger than you, and preventing it to stab your back in the crucial moment (in fact, now that I think about it, I remember Kotomine saying something about this in fate or UBW) and, again, stealing your "wish". Also, the whole "granting wish" is a troll worth of QB. What the grail does at the end is opening a portal to akasha... so, if you're not a magus, you gain nothing. Servants are brought back to life only to be used as food for the incoming Great Grail.

True, command spells can be used to enhance your servant (Waver with Alex, the teleportation thing) but, again, I think those are just "smart ways" to use them, not their original purpose.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It does grant wishes, as evident by Bazett and the creation of AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Not a HA player here. Could you elaborate a bit?

Angrai Manyu was what happened when a servant(Avenger) was killed in the Third war. However, he was so weak the grail recognized him as a human and not a servant, so it thought he was a winner and granted him his wish(the manifestation of ATEOTW). That still doesn't help his case though, since he was asking if *both* got a wish.

Anyway, all the "grail" is, is a source of prana capable of granting wishes. Now, the original purpose of the seal was indeed to control the powerful creature, so that you could kill it, but that was so you could activate the Third Magic, not get the wish.

The wish is "bait" for servants and masters not of the three families, so that they have an actual incentive to join, per se.

Of course, by the time of the 5th grail war, nobody remembered that. Tohsaka Tokiomi was the last magus still seeking the original goal of the Third Magic, and he was killed by Kirei who just wanted to see MOAR EVULZ.

Nevertheless, I think the actual prana source, if 6 servants were to be defeated, that both master and servant could share for their wish provided neither wish was extravagant, since Kirei suggests that any earthly wish could be fulfilled by the energy of the servants if 5 were defeated when he offers it to Shirou and Saber in Fate.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries
    Lolwut? The Einzberns still remember the original goal. Zouken does too, but he doesn't really give a fuck about it anymore. The Master of Medea probably wants it too.

In /Zero, Tokiomi says that the Einzbergs have forgotten the original purpose of the war, if my memory serves. Zouken, yeah he remembers, but nobody wants to talk about that old geezer. Not like he cares anyway.

And how would the original master of Medea even know? Nobody outside the three families and Zelretch knew the true purpose of the Grail War, if memory served?

Blog Entries
    Wasn't the true purpose "reach root win game"? If so, any association Magus would probably use it for that.

The true purpose, yes, but I believe they sought suckersother magi who wanted a wish granted by the grail to fill the roles of the other 4 mages not of the original families?

I mean, they sought the root to activate the Third, not just to reach the root for the lulz, and for that the Dress of Heaven, et al was needed, so they couldn't just say "we're reaching the root guys, come here"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks RR12, I know about Avenger. I was asking what does this mean

Bazett? What connects her to "granting any wish or just reaching the root" question?

The true purpose, yes, but I believe they sought suckersother magi who wanted a wish granted by the grail to fill the roles of the other 4 mages not of the original families?
    The only person that matters in the end is the winner, be it from Tohsaka, Makiri or Einzbern (of course, every family roots for his champion). Everyone else is cannon fodder for the ritual.

The creation of AM was the result of a wish. Bazett's life was saved in Hollow/Ataraxia because of the wish-granting properties of the grail.

So yes, the grail can grant wishes. The *question*, though, as I believe, was whether or not both master and servant could "share" the wish granted by the grail. I'm pretty certain that at the very least, Saber is under the impression she can share, so yeah.

Blog Entries
    I think you can share. Look at Gil and Kirei.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I think you can share. Look at Gil and Kirei.
    Gil wants the grail itself for himself.

Kirei just wants destruction.

They share nothing in the end, the grail got "destroyed", no wish granted for anyone.

Well, Gil got a new body, but I don't think it was a "wish" per se. He just got hit by the corruption, and it didn't work on the egotistical bastard. Kirei got one though.

I still think you can share though, but it depends on what you actually wish for. Kirei implies that his wish cannot be fulfilled by merely 5 dead servants. He wants 6 dead ones.

However, he offers Saber and Shirou wishes at 5, and its pretty well implied that Shirou could go back in time and undo all those deaths with the wish. Of course, its tainted, but the original grail probably could have done that.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Well, Gil got a new body, but I don't think it was a "wish" per se. He just got hit by the corruption, and it didn't work on the egotistical bastard. Kirei got one though.
    Yes, it wasn't his wish. He let himself be summoned because Tl;DR

"lol every treasure is mine, the grail is the greatest treasure, the grail is mine by default because "RURU BREKA - your things are my things", so I must have it, instead of unworthy servant, but I can make some exceptions".

And I still think only one wish, servant or master.

Whether it *is* or not, I'm absolutely 100% certain that the servants and masters are *told* they can share it. Shirou's told as much by Rin, when she says "Servants also get a wish". After previously telling him that Master's got a wish. So yeah.

And Saber's shock when being offered the grail at the price of Shirou's life in Fate kinda says she wasn't expecting to kill him for her wish.