Page 23 of 198 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manhattan Project II

Blog Entries
    Slowly read inbetween moves. Fuck yeah, El Cid. Fuck yeah, Spanish Master who totally cheated his way into the war. Fuck yeah.. dead Russian guy!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fun fact: the reason why a Spanish magus wasn't meant to be in the war is because Spain didn't enter NATO until 1982, almost a decade after the death of dictator Fransisco Franco.

Another fun fact: The French acronym for NATO is OTAN.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I thought it was really cool how Enrico managed to get into the war without even doing his own summoning. Very efficient, very ruthless. I like this guy.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ah, fuck you Five.

I already started to like Rurik, and then... oh well, at least this hijacker seems interesting...

Question: Rurik tried to summon El Cid in the first place, or someone else? Even El Cid's summoning was "directed" by Enrico?

Oh, I'm curious to know how you will handle this servant... I have already seen El Cid ina aFSN fanfic... fufufufu~

Blog Entries
    “Simple.” He drew a circle in the air, indicating roughly where the summoning circle had been. “I placed your swords there in the middle, and replaced this magi's blood with my own. He couldn't have seen it coming, not as blinded as he was. It was a perfect outcome.”
    Enrico directed Rurik to summon El Cid.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One

... Spinach, I wanted to see Scathach-sensei.

(and your post still doesn't answer me)

Blog Entries
    I don't think Rurik intended to used any catalyst, he saw the swords of El Cid that Enrico placed in the summoning circle and thought that they were the first signs that the summoning was working.

(One does not simply summon Scathach-sensei.)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I don't think Rurik intended to used any catalyst, he saw the swords of El Cid that Enrico placed in the summoning circle and thought that they were the first signs that the summoning was working.
    I find this highly improbable.

"And now, to the summoning!... oh, and this sword, where does it come from? Oh, who cares..."

or

"And now, to the summoning!... hey, someone just thrown a sword into the summoning circle? Oh, who cares..."

or (slightly better)

"And now, to the summoning!... man, that Spanish guy surely helped me out in finding a possible catalyst! I care!"

So... either Rurik used the sword as a general catalyst without knowing what heroes it would have summoned, or he knew he was going to summon El Cid, or that sword has the potential to summon multiple heroes.

(One does not simply summon Scathach-sensei.)
    :3c

(but I lol'd)

Blog Entries
    He began the chant. The summoning circle had been prepared with the utmost care and precision. Earlier in the day, he had left the circle to settle, and when he had come back it had changed. In the centre were two crossed swords, crisscrossed with blood. The very first sign of a Servant being brought to this world, as he had taken it.
    I'll leave it at that and wait for Five to come elaborate. If anything, Rurik seemed kind of fanatical and OFF, which might have helped him fall for this.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Oh, missed that part, somehow.

So Rurik is just a complete moron.

Way to go, Mother Russia!

Blog Entries
    TEACH US, SCATHACH-SENSEI!!

*ba-dum*

Scathach-Sensei: Hanging a Soviet flag in your (totally not stolen) house in the middle of America is kind of crazy!

Scathach-Sensei: Rurik was kinda like, "Screw catalysts!" and when the swords showed up, after he had left the summoning circle for a coffee break or something (he made it earlier in the day, but wanted to wait until his power was strongest to utilize it, almost like some smart magus), and in that space of time our very sneaky Enrico here put the swords down and splattered his own blood all over them. Rurik had no idea Enrico had been there, and, not knowing exactly how Servant summoning is supposed to go (Lancer: it's not like he has any direct examples, y'know...), he thought that the swords were the initial manifestation of whatever Servant he was bringing into the world.

Lancer: Basically, it was a sucker getting the wool pulled over his eyes by someone too smart for him.

Scathach-Sensei: Oh, Lancer-kun~, did I allow you to speak? No? Then do not do that again, or I will hit you~!

Lancer: Or maybe I'll hit you, ehehehehe...

Scathach-Sensei: I heard that, you dirty dog...

THANK YOU, SCATHACH-SENSEI!!

*ba-dum*

<NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Aaah, Scathach-sensei~... that "Ba-Dum" is the sound of my heart every time I read "Teach us, Scathach-Sensei!!"...

*rabury~ rabury~*

Scathach-Sensei: Hanging a Soviet flag in your (totally not stolen) house in the middle of America is kind of crazy!
    Yeah, I was going to point that out... but again... I preferred to shut up.

Rurik was kinda like, "Screw catalysts!"
    "Capitalists, you moron! Not catalysts!"

and when the swords showed up, after he had left the summoning circle for a coffee break or something, and in that space of time our very sneaky Enrico here put the swords down and splattered his own blood all over them. Rurik had no idea Enrico had been there, and, not knowing exactly how Servant summoning is supposed to go, he thought that the swords were the initial manifestation of whatever Servant he was bringing into the world.
    Rurik: most idiotic character in a FSN-like setting ever. Enrico: less inconspicuous "spy" in a FSN-like setting ever.

It's a dream-team!

(he made it earlier in the day, but wanted to wait until his power was strongest to utilize it, almost like some smart magus)
    *snerk* yeah, we've seen how it ended for Rurik. Oh, you're sooo smart, Ruri-kun...

Blog Entries
    His official nickname is now 'Rikkun,' my word is law. Anyway, the night is young and James and Saber aren't coming out. I wonder who's PoV we'll be in next chapter.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully the next chapter will be up today! It will have the Greek heroes in it, as well as some interludes starring James/Saber and Nigel/Hannibal!

And Enrico is no Assassin, but he's pretty skilled at stealthiness.

Blog Entries
    Fastest answer eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Blog Entries
    Know what I find awesomely hilarious? This thread has almost exactly ten times the number of views as it does posts. Fun coincidence!

Compare to something right nearby like "Tainted Ideals", which has half the number of posts, but double the number of views. :S

Blog Entries
    I've noticed 6th war stories don't get a whole lot of attention if they don't have characters from canon. A shame, really.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    You know... I wanted Ruri-kun (sorry Spinach, but Rikkun is too similar to Mikkun) to summon...

... RASPUTIN!!!

(Russia's greatest love machine!!)

Oh, and random trivia: after seeing Hellsing Ultimate 8, I don't imagine Nappy as Mami anymore, but as the Major (only slightly saner).

Blog Entries
    Rasputin is actually too recent to be in this, since this takes place in 1963. However, he could logically be in an actual 6th war fic.

And this totally has canon characters, I mean, there's Heracles and Lancer!

Blog Entries
    But Rikkun is cuter :_:

Yeah, but they're not who people want. People want Rin, Arturia, Shirou, and Sakura.