Page 1674 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 674117415741624166416691672167316741675 LastLast
Results 33,461 to 33,480 of 33485

Thread: Crack Pairings (possible NSFW/NSFS :P)

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Riordan's Artemis is asexual, so I can't really see her being in a relationship. They could definitely be friends though.
    Thus the mention of "not an actual ship"...

Also, Jaune Arc x Jeanne d'Arc...

There was actual artwork depicting this. Good lord, that guy's the new Katara (if you read Avatar dross, you'll realize Katara was shipped with everyone)...

Blog Entries
    Since I checked if necroing is permissible:

Between today and yesterday I've probably already spent two hours riffing with a friend on the possibilities of "what if Kayneth have summoned Medb instead?" The answer is a sex comedy, and I won't hear anything contrary to that. A dedicated monogamist, and a cruel uncaring universe with no other person in it who respects that. I even think they should win, just so that the hunt antics can continue, and Kayneth will never know peace again. Also Medb is super cute.

I got the idea because I was thinking about other possible servants, and remembered I saw a oneshot about this combo. When I re-read it, I realised I'd completely forgotten that I disagreed with everything in it, but the idea is fundamentally sound.

I'm too embarrassed to go into further detail, but I hope that people can Perceive the vision.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How does Sola-Ui figure into this scenario?

Blog Entries
    She absolutely does not care, which adds immensely to
    Kayneth's grievances and suffering
    the comedy of it all
    . One could easily imagine him constantly
    engaging in delusion
    finding and running out of excuses
    for why she doesn't seem bothered at all that this annoying servant keeps trying to jump his bones.

Someone priding themselves on being loyal to their waifu when the waifu doesn't give a shit is very funny.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Other piece of bread in the sandwich

Blog Entries
    "h-haha! as expected of my wife! naturally, she understands how faithful i am! oh how blessed i feel to have someone who trusts me so, that she would not feel even slightly worried that i would falter! how graceful and understanding you are, my sola-ui! i will not fail to meet your expectations, my dear!"

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Yes, exactly. Now just keep dialing it up until you've got Medb threatening to go on strike unless he has sex with her, Sola being like "well, she said that she could do even more if she had a boost of magical energy, get to it." and Kayneth with his back increasingly against the wall having only "Sola's so pragmatic and rational as always... yes... I'm really... lucky... to be engaged to such an intelligent and cool-headed woman............." left as an excuse.

Even if he directly asked her why she doesn't care, she'd only reiterate "because it makes sense", being that "I don't have any particular feelings for you, why would I care?" is so obvious (to her) that she wouldn't even think to say it.

Oh, and Sola saying "sure, do it" the second the idea is brought up is the reason why command seals don't come into play. Like, he'd threaten that as his solution, obviously, but Sola would get annoyed at him for wanting to waste one "over something so trivial" so...
    Last edited by tsugumi; November 18th, 2023 at 09:35 PM.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is particularly challenging because at one point Kayneth has to realize that everything he likes about Sola-Ui is something Medb also does:
    - surface level pride and intellect of a noble
    - deals with human relationships in transactional terms
    - never gives Kayneth special treatment
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Blog Entries
    That's what also makes it great

Let him beat himself up for increasingly noticing another woman, when that's never what he wanted for himself/how he saw himself. When a character's world is challenged, that's the good stuff.
    IYKYK

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since Medb is a Rider, would Waver get Lancer Cu who constantly hits on Sola whenever Medb is around to piss her off?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I haven't thought hard about the battle aspect () but that would inevitably lead to Kayneth and Waver directly fighting each other in this timeline, so sure why not. Get up in them guts, as originally promised.
    IYKYK

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Since Medb is a Rider, would Waver get Lancer Cu who constantly hits on Sola whenever Medb is around to piss her off?
    Imagine it works, and Sola actually falls in love with Cu.

Blog Entries
    At best, it seems like he wouldn't be earnestly interested, but I am open to arguments for it.

It's a harder sell because her inner world is dull enough that her hobbies and talent are listed as shopping, complaining, complaining again. That's what makes Kayneth falling head over heels for her so funny. You have to assume that, along with everything else he's projecting on to her, he's also projecting a more vibrant personality.
    Last edited by tsugumi; November 19th, 2023 at 06:58 AM.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Sola-Ui can ever love someone without any level of brainwashing involved.

Her backstory is that her education turned her noblewoman stereotype to raise her commercial appeal as a political marriage tool (which worked perfectly on Kayneth) but in her heart of hearts, she was just a woman who never understood the feeling of wanting something. But everything changed when Diarmuid's Mystic Face got her pumping. She's versed enough in magecraft to know that she's being charmed and was perfectly capable of stopping it, but she intentionally didn't because that was her first time wanting something and it turned out she really loved wanting things. I feel like she's the case where mental interference has to be the starting point. Or anti-depressants, I guess, but Sola-Ui wouldn't take this science route while magecraft routes exist.
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Blog Entries
    Yes, there's also that lol.

Sort of on a tangent but Kayneth is easier to fuck around with from a fanworks perspective, because My Take on his character (at the moment at least, it changes) is that he's different from other magi, because all other magi understand the meaning of sacrifice, whereas for him, it can only be more of a theoretical thing - someone who is born perfect, whose natural way of doing things is simply always the most correct way of doing things - such a person is going to believe deep down they actually can have it all, because life has never given him a reason to believe otherwise. Think a less exaggerated version of the punchline to this skit.

So he genuinely loves Sola, but I wonder if he makes the choice to go and save her instead of prioritising what's left of his family's legacy (himself), in part because following his emotions/instincts/desires, whatever they are, has always been the correct choice. He doesn't go to Kerry to save Sola or die trying, he goes to Kerry to save Sola.

This is my roundabout way of making the point that if you can reasonably put a certain idea in his head, he'll probably follow it without possibly being fully cognizant of the consequences or what's at stake the way a regular magus would.

also if two years down the line I don't feel this way anymore, don't @ me
    IYKYK

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Kayneth is just a guy who can't read between the lines. Not the atmosphere, not the intentions, not even the fine print of some contract.

Blog Entries
    I mean if that were strictly true then he wouldn't have thrived at the Clock Tower.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    To thrive at the Clock Tower you just need to be a dick with magical energy, which Kayneth more than excels at.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    I completely disagree with the first part.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think we're reaching a point where we need to draw a distinction between novels Kayneth and anime Kayneth, because novels Kayneth is the guy frequently praised for taking his time to read Waver's completely bogus theory when any other professor would have dropped it at the first page, while anime Kayneth ripped the paper in front of a whole classroom.