Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 813161718

Thread: Wiseup! The Manhattan Project II Servant Thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    The Quetzalcoatl accepting blood sacrifice thing does feel a little weird, but it's by a large margin the most recognizable Aztec deity in legends if not in fact, so I can see part of the rationale there. The actual NP, regardless of mythological warping, is pretty cool. A really good sacrifice feels like temporary, well, God Mode (pardon the pun) since he'd have A rank endurance and rapid regeneration fueled by his own wounds.

Hrm, I wonder if the treasures mentioned are actually usable though. A Fountain of Youth is an attractive thing to have laying around. ^^; ...But then Carnival Phantasm II might make it result in Monty-ko to match Gil-ko.
    A "perfect sacrifice," well... it certainly is "God Mode" in a sense, though for a perfect sacrifice to happen there has to be a really big stroke of luck for Moctezuma. It's not something that would happen often, if at all. An "average" sacrifice would be like the random soldier Monty killed in battle a while back, a "good" sacrifice would be a regular man in Alexander's army or Genghis Khan's army, and a "great" sacrifice would be a powerful Heroic Spirit, like one of the generals themselves. A perfect sacrifice is more conditional, and requires not a strong soul to be given as an offering, but something a little different. You might see it, who knows.

And the Fountain of Youth pretty much just keeps you at the peak of your physical age forever. So, a fifty year old would become twenty-five or so again, but a fifteen year old would just stay young for an exceptionally long time and not age as much. Its main effect is geared towards older people, since it's the Fountain of Youth. It's a much higher-quality relic than even the potion of youth that Gilgamesh has, but it's likely that Gil has a giant, old Fountain of Youth prototype in his vault, but didn't use it because as a Heroic Spirit, it wouldn't really work on him. Only works on mortals and all.

I feel like I didn't quite understand how the bolded part works though, personally. Does that mean he can inspire people with his riches, but loses Charisma entirely if that fails? I'd probably stick with A rank Charisma than chance the + modifier. ^^;
    His Charisma rank is A--. So, instead of being the usual 50 of A-rank, it's 50 divided in two twice, making it 25-25, equalling 0. In other words, he has no actual Charisma; this is a result of his people losing faith in him. However, since he has a ridiculously high Golden Rule skill level, he gets the condition that he can use his riches to influence people to follow him. Yet, since that's more of a persuasive thing and not based on actual charismatic presence, it's very fallible.

^ You'll see why he's a Rider, and why his NP is EX-ranked. Oh, you will see, ahahahahaha!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    He rides Quetzalcoatl, and he shoots lightning blasts with it. *FFVIII reference* And I hope we can see a perfect sacrifice, I know he's going to die, but he should get a chance to do something awesome like super Quetzalcoatl riding. Either that or his city turns into a mech or something. :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    He rides Quetzalcoatl, and he shoots lightning blasts with it. *FFVIII reference* And I hope we can see a perfect sacrifice, I know he's going to die, but he should get a chance to do something awesome like super Quetzalcoatl riding. Either that or his city turns into a mech or something. :P
    Monty has an unusual definition of a "mount," I can tell you that much, and it definitely involves Tenochtitlan.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    He rides the people themselves? The town turns into a flying town which drops bombs on people. But interesting, I got part of it. I still like giant mech town. It rises from the ground and Moctezuma runs around punching people with buildings. Maybe the town is like a giant car or something too.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So If Monty was in a fight vs. an army and pulls out a soldiers heart to get powers, then uses those to pull out another guys heart, repeat ad nauseam, would the bonus stack or replace one another for the quality of each sacrifice?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So If Monty was in a fight vs. an army and pulls out a soldiers heart to get powers, then uses those to pull out another guys heart, repeat ad nauseam, would the bonus stack or replace one another for the quality of each sacrifice?
    However, the speed and extent of regeneration, as well as the maximum boost to parameters, is also based upon the initial sacrifice's quality.

Only one sacrifice need apply per battle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shinaobi View Post
    hrrrmmmm...
    My money's on unknown Leviathan Caster being Jonah; though analyzing the Old Testament is the essence of ambiguous-ness, spiders, and maybe a bit of Babylonian-derived creation myth, the whatever-thing that swallowed the poor prophet is sometimes named as the Leviathan, so hey why not?
    Reviewing this thread and I have to state that the "big fish" Jonah dealt with has no relation to Leviathan. The Hebrew reads "big fish" and the transliterated Greek reads "big whale/fish".
    Solomon or Job are the most likely ones, and even then Five could surprise us with his Esoteric Knowledge skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT