Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiseup! The Manhattan Project II Servant Thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fun fact: one of the Riders (perhaps one that's already appeared...?) is so stupidly OP when they use their real power it's hilarious.

And, Sherrinford, I think you'll like the Archers I have made up. There aren't many Berserkers, but I've tried my best to make them memorable.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    There aren't many Berserkers, but I've tried my best to make them memorable.
    I thought that there were 7x4=28 servants... there are more archers than berserkers?

Fun fact: one of the Riders (perhaps one that's already appeared...?) is so stupidly OP when they use their real power it's hilarious.
    You could always go for the Mahabharata (or Ramayana). Ridiculously powerful archers completely free.

And, Sherrinford, I think you'll like the Archers I have made up. There aren't many Berserkers, but I've tried my best to make them memorable.
    Well, you're personally talking to me. I have no excuses to not follow this fanfic.

Blog Entries
    There are supposed to be 23 Servants, but with what I've plotted out there may be more, especially depending on some technicalities that are going to arise.

There are only two Berserkers, in total, since the Berserker class is specialized and takes a lot of magical energy to sustain. On the Archer side, I've got guys older and more powerful than heroes from the Mahabharata... ehehehehe.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    On the Archer side, I've got guys older and more powerful than heroes from the Mahabharata... ehehehehe.
    I CALL BULLSHIT ON THAT!!!

There aren't archers stronger than those! They launch nuclear blasts to each other as if it is fresh water!

*jaw falls to the floor*

Blog Entries
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh, you'll see! :P

Blog Entries
    WISEUP!

-------------------

Servant: Boudicca
    Class: Rider
    Master: Francois

Background: In the first century AD, she was a warrior queen of the Iceni tribe of Britain who, according to her late husband's wishes, left the leadership of the tribe to his daughters and the Roman Emperor. However, the Romans instead conquered the Iceni kingdom and raped Boudicca's daughters. In response, Boudicca led an army against the Romans, famous riding into battle on a chariot. The Iceni burned down several Roman towns and defeated the Romans in a number of battles, but eventually being defeated at the battle of Watling Street near Londinium (modern day London). Instead of allowing herself to be captured she killed herself, or she fell ill and died. She is a harsh but understanding ruler that ultimately wants the best for her people, and reigns with intelligence and charisma. She has a burning hatred for all those of Roman descent, and gains bonuses in battle when engaging Roman targets.

Class Skills:

Riding – A

Magic Resistance - C

Personal Skills:

Eye of the Mind (True) – C

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit – A

Charisma - C

Noble Phantasm(s):

Chariot of AndrasteFlaming Steeds of VictoryA
    Anti-Fortress

On her chariot, blessed by the ancient Briton goddess of victory Andraste, Boudicca charges her enemy, crashing into them as a massive fireball. The farther and faster she drives her horses to go, the greater the effect. The residual fire caused by the friction of the chariot's wheels can damage enemies in addition to the initial shock damage.

God's War HornC
    Support

Blowing this horn, Boudicca causes her allies to temporarily rank up in END, LCK and MGI, while reducing by one rank the same stats of enemies. If a foes rank in any of those stats is E, then they cannot bear to fight Boudicca and run from the battle. This is the same horn used by Heimdallr, the Norse god, and later was passed on to the knight Roland under the name of Oliphaunt. It may have an even older ancestor.

Stats:

Strength - C
    Agility - B
    Magic - D
    Luck - C
    Endurance – B

------------------------

Not very powerful, but now her Master has Napoleon, apparently...
    Last edited by Five_X; December 25th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nitpicking: MR is too high IMO, and anti-fortress is exaggerated... but overall, not bad.

Blog Entries
    Waitwaitwait.

You're nitpicking... about a Servant whose actual capabilities I did not even demonstrate?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    You're nitpicking... about a Servant whose actual capabilities I did not even demonstrate?
    I'm always nitpicking.

And well, if you says anti-fortress, I expect it to be anti-fortress, even if only in theory.

Boudicca: "I'll annihilate you with my anti-fortress NP!"
    *NP does almost nothing*
    Boudicca: "dammit, I knew I shouldn't have trusted that suspiciously-looking priest who told me more about it!"

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that it plowed straight through a line of soldiers (probably about 10,000), and kept on going, completely unimpeded. If it had hit Saber, she very well could have died. It's pretty much Boudicca's trump card, being much like a weaker, but faster and more mobile version of Excalibur.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Keep in mind that it plowed straight through a line of soldiers (probably about 10,000), and kept on going, completely unimpeded. If it had hit Saber, she very well could have died. It's pretty much Boudicca's trump card, being much like a weaker, but faster and more mobile version of Excalibur.
    Yep, that's the problem.

Oh, well, I guess it all comes down to the author appeal; let me explain:

Plowing straight through 10,000 soldiers and keep ongoing unimpeded isn't being weaker than Excalibur (who at best should be able to kill around 1,000 enemies). Just the amount of prana released by the chariot should be able to destroy the RM.

And Excalibur is pretty much the strongest NP after Ea (hence the anti-fortress title, while every other NP is at best anti-army) for various reasons: it's the most famous magic sword, the sword of one of the most famous heroes in history, Nasu wants it to be so... there's even that part in the original myth about Arthur killing 960 men by himself...

... I wouldn't give an NP on par with that to someone like Boudicca (that isn't nearly as famous as King Arthur). I mean, Alexander has an almost divine chariot driven by divine bulls, and that is "just" anti-army (and not nearly as strong as Excalibur, at least stat-wise). It isn't much credible for her having such a strong NP, IMO.

... but don't worry, I'll keep reading your fanfic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    And Excalibur is pretty much the strongest NP after Ea (hence the anti-fortress title, while every other NP is at best anti-army) for various reasons: it's the most famous magic sword, the sword of one of the most famous heroes in history, Nasu wants it to be so... there's even that part in the original myth about Arthur killing 960 men by himself....
    Didn't Karna in Apocrypha have an anti-country NP that was similar to a nuke? I recall it being stated that Excalibur was "the strongest holy sword" but I don't remember it being specifically stated to be the strongest NP after Ea.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Didn't Karna in Apocrypha have an anti-country NP that was similar to a nuke? I recall it being stated that Excalibur was "the strongest holy sword" but I don't remember it being specifically stated to be the strongest NP after Ea.
    Yes he has one but:

a) Apocrypha isn't more canon than Fate/extra, even though Nasu designed Karna.
    b) according to researchers/people who interpreted the Mahabharata, heroes' attacks in that epic were really similar to nukes (if not real nukes), so it's not something Nasu (or some author) would have made up. My point still stands.

Excalibur was "the strongest holy sword" but I don't remember it being specifically stated to be the strongest NP after Ea.
    We should ask food about that "last phantasm" thing. But I said "Excalibur is pretty much the strongest NP after Ea" because it's the NP with more "prana emission" and wider range after Ea.

Blog Entries
    a) Apocrypha isn't more canon than Fate/extra, even though Nasu designed Karna.
    Valid point.
    We should ask food about that "last phantasm" thing. But I said "Excalibur is pretty much the strongest NP after Ea" because it's the NP with more "prana emission" and wider range after Ea.
    Yeah, I never could wrap my head around the "last phantasm" blurb. Your second point is also valid there.

I concede this time. But I shall return. One day, Karna will get a canon appearance, and I shall be the one in the right!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ok, I asked. Apparently, "Last Phantasm" isn't much of a canon name, it just means that Excalibur is really, really powerful (but my point still stands).

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    One day, Karna will get a canon appearance, and I shall be the one in the right!
    You tell me? Karna is one of my favorite "Fate/" characters, even if not canon.

Blog Entries
    You're not getting it. "Anti-Fortress" is mainly a designation, as to its area of effect. Boudicca's chariot is not nearly as strong as Excalibur, but it still has a large area of effect, if it actually charges up and hits something, which it didn't.

If it was power that determined the "Anti-" designation, then Alexander's Army would by technicality be "Anti-World".

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I'm pretty sure to remember that anti-fortress denotes a rank in power that is higher than simple anti-army... so the fact that almost nameless Boudicca has one, and someone like Alexander (but I'm more talking more about the divine nature of his chariot) not... it's not that impossible, but it's higly implausible...

If it was power that determined the "Anti-" designation, then Alexander's Army would by technicality be "Anti-World".
    I'm not following you here...

Blog Entries
    Alexander's army was meant to conquer the world. So, if being anti-world is its purpose, that should be its range, no?

I also find it amusing that Boudicca has a quite strong NP that she doesn't ever get to use.

For Servants in general in this fic, though, it is very important that, on average, this War is more high-powered than the 5th Holy Grail War. The Servants summoned here are mostly those who absolutely epitomize each class and are the best in their respective fields. There are inevitably going to be NPs stronger than Excalibur and RMs greater than UBW and Ionian Hetairoi.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Alexander's army was meant to conquer the world. So, if being anti-world is its purpose, that should be its range, no?
    Oh, lol, never thought about that.

But the terms "anti-" doesn't refer to the range, but the power, how many opponents it can kill at the same time:

Gae Bolg Impaling Death can kill only one person at the time, so it's anti-unit.

Gordius Wheel (or the other Gae Bolg, or Bellerophon) can charge through a medium-high number of opponents, so it's anti-army.

Excaliblast is so powerful, it can destroy your fortress (hard rock, not just human meat) with your army inside, so it's anti-fortress.

Ea/Enuma Elish, as someone pointed out here on BL, "scares the shit out of creation", so it's anti-world.

That's how I picture it.

There are inevitably going to RMs greater than UBW and Ionian Hetairoi.
    That's not a problem, there's technically no limit to how much powerful an RM is (just, don't abuse them. Bounded fields exist too)

and NPs stronger than Excalibur
    This... is already a bit more of problem, but it depends on how you play it. Karna is the example, for him to have an NP stronger than Excalibur is perfectly plausible.

...isn't it sad, Boudicca?

Blog Entries
    There are too many Servants in this fic with older and greater legends than King Arthur's for there not to be NPs stronger than Excalibur. The sword is special, yes, but people other than King Arthur have special things as well.