Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiseup! The Manhattan Project II Servant Thread

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, age doesn't really matter for "hopes and dreams of humanity made into a sword, Last Phantasm, Promised victory" etc.

Blog Entries
    I suggest we sit back and enjoy OP awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excalibur isn't the only Last Phantasm. It's just a category of Noble Phantasms.

One Servant in this, for example, has a weapon forged by an entire pantheon of gods to symbolize their right to rule.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    There are too many Servants in this fic with older and greater legends than King Arthur's for there not to be NPs stronger than Excalibur. The sword is special, yes, but people other than King Arthur have special things as well.
    Again, it depends on how you play it. Certain heroes are justified to be stronger than "him", others not, not matter how you put it.

Excalibur isn't the only Last Phantasm. It's just a category of Noble Phantasms.

One Servant in this, for example, has a weapon forged by an entire pantheon of gods to symbolize their right to rule.
    Gh, I made you spoiling something...

Blog Entries
    But you don't know who they are. And then, that's only one NP of many, many, many more, not only of that Servant but of all the Servants. We've met how many already? There are at least 23 or so in total for this War, remember. Tons of diversity to work with.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    There isn't any known other Last Phantasm though, so we can assume that it is exclusive to Excalibur.
    Since naming something "Last" and then attributing it to more than one thing is kinda stupid.

Blog Entries
    It worked for Final Fantasy!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    But you don't know who they are. And then, that's only one NP of many, many, many more, not only of that Servant but of all the Servants. We've met how many already? There are at least 23 or so in total for this War, remember. Tons of diversity to work with.
    An hero with a NP forged by many gods... maybe I won't discover him, but it's till a huge spoiler (there aren't many candidates)...

Blog Entries
    Oh, and as for "Last Phantasm", I'm on the side of saying that it's just some title Nasu made up for it. Are all Noble Phantasms noble? I doubt it, there are easily some that are based on some rather grim legends. "Last Phantasm" can certainly apply to multiple things, as Excalibur can simply be a "Last Phantasm", just one of a small few.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Oh, and as for "Last Phantasm", I'm on the side of saying that it's just some title Nasu made up for it. Are all Noble Phantasms noble? I doubt it, there are easily some that are based on some rather grim legends. "Last Phantasm" can certainly apply to multiple things, as Excalibur can simply be a "Last Phantasm", just one of a small few.
    I asked food about this (maybe I posted the answer in the other thread, mah?)... anyway, "last phantasm" doesn't seem to be much of canon title, it just means that Excalibur is really, really, really, really, really powerful.

As in, one of the strongest NP you can have.

Blog Entries
    Well, afair the Kanji says final. Like in end. Or last.
    I'd recommend to not use the term in the fanfic or minimal fanboy rage may ensue.

Blog Entries
    Uh oh!

Blog Entries
    Well, that was to be expected.
    In the end you can just go for "Grail war is abnormal, I ain't gotta explain shit"

Blog Entries
    Pretty much, yeah. I'm just trying to stick to the original concept as best I can. Luckily, I have the wonders of SCIENCE! on my side.

Blog Entries
    WISEUP!

------------------------

Servant: Edward Teach (Blackbeard)
    Class: Archer
    Master: ???

Background: Edward Teach, or “Blackbeard” as he is best known, was a pirate active from 1716-1718 in the Caribbean, near the very end of the Golden Age of piracy. He was initially a man of the navy working for England, but then commandeered a ship, the Concorda, renaming it Queen Anne's Revenge. He outfitted it with guns and a pirate crew, and sailed around the Caribbean islands harassing English ships, taking safety in the pirate haven island of New Providence. After a year he ran the Queen Anne's Revenge aground, possibly intentionally. The year after that, his new fleet was chased down by Lieutenant Maynard of the Royal Navy, who killed Blackbeard in single combat in a pitched battle aboard Blackbeard's ship. The pirate's body was tossed off into the sea, and his head was tied to the bowsprit of Lt. Maynard's vessel. He has a fierce personality, he's rough and overall incredibly scary, but in fact he's very well mannered, intelligent and knows when to pick a fight. He keeps up his “Burning Beard” image to boost his fearsome reputation, but he actually treats his prisoners quite well, unless they have personally wronged him.

Class Skills:

Independent Action – B

Magic Resistance - E+

Personal Skills:

Cult of Personality – B (The Servant makes up for a lack of history with fame they or someone near them has created for them around the time of their life)

Voyager of the Storm – B

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony – C

Battle Continuation - C+

Noble Phantasm(s):

Queen Anne's RevengeGhost Ship of BlackbeardE/A
    Anti-Army

Blackbeard's most famous ship, this is a classic 18th century cargo ship stolen from the British navy and upgraded with many cannons and a larger crew. Blackbeard is capable of manoeuvres impossible for normal ships while sailing it, and at will he can teleport himself directly to the ship if he is away from it. However, if he becomes too distant, the ship and her crew dematerialize and must be re-summoned. The Queen Anne's Revenge is notable in that it is both existent and nonexistent at the same time; a ghost of a ship. Normally it is impossible for inanimate objects to take on this property, but this one specifically is famous enough as a wreck and a solid ship to bypass such restrictions. It automatically repairs itself as if it were a part of Blackbeard's body, and it much tougher than even modern vessels. Blackbeard can make the ship and all those aboard invisible and intangible at will. The “E” rank is the crew who are part of the ship, the “A” rank is the ship itself and its many guns.

Dread VisageThe Beard of WicksA
    Support

Normally listed as a Personal Skill, Dread Visage is granted to Blackbeard as a Noble Phantasm because his legend is best known for his burning beard and his overall terrifying presence. Only a higher than “A” rank in Bravery, high Luck, or sufficient determination can avoid the effects of this Dread Visage. Unlike the skill, Blackbeard's Dread Visage can cause his enemies to suffer with his very presence instead of just scaring them off, even to the point where sufficiently terrified opponents may fall unconscious or be scared to death. Servants with Mad Enhancement are immune to this Noble Phantasm.

Stats:

Strength - C+
    Agility - A
    Magic - C
    Luck - D
    Endurance – B

-----------------------

There you have it, the latest Servant.

I haven't uploaded Napoleon yet since we haven't seen him actually do anything yet.
    Last edited by Five_X; December 25th, 2011 at 05:31 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nitpicking! Nitpicking everywhere!

Magic Resistance - E+
    LOL.

Battle Continuation - C+
    We have always seen BC ranked A. What does "C+" mean?

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony
    Mh? Why? What part of his myth gives him this skill?

Dread Visage – The Beard of Wicks – A
    You already pointed out that this is more of a Personal Skill. Don't be afraid of using personal skill and having only one NP. First, there's an unwritten rules that servants shouldn't have many NP, and remember that Rider (Medusa) has her Mystic Eyes of petrification listed as PS, not NP.

This Dread Visage can also be linked to some kind of variation on the "Mystic Face" PS of Diarmuid.

very minor nitpicking. Following the translation of food, "support" doesn't exist, there's only anti-unit that can work to have a positive effect on the user.

Blog Entries
    Nitpicking Response!

Battle Continuation C+ is basically the ability to fight longer after receiving horribly crippling wounds, instead of just bleeding out. I've rejigged it a bit, and made the ranks different: C is closer to what A was, but a bit less powerful. I always thought that for an A rank, just being able to fight on for a long time was kind of underpowered in the rank scale. So, Blackbeard could take dozens of serious wounds and survive, but too many and he'll die, and after the battle he'd probably just fade away regardless.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony is a skill of Blackbeard's because even though he used the same tactics every time he fought, his opponents never really got used to them until the very end of his career. He always stayed exactly as scary and effective as always. He has few/no combat NPs, so this also boosts him a bit in melee combat.

Dread Visage is an NP for Blackbeard simply because it goes beyond what a Personal Skill can do. DV as a Personal Skill would be based on regular ranks and would increase his scariness for each rank, but nothing more. Regular DV would be like, "Oh, this guy is scary, I should stay away!". Blackbeard's Dread Visage is too specific to not be an NP. Anyone known for being rather scary can have DV as a skill, but Blackbeard's is more specific; it's his kind of terrifying that's on a whole different level.

And it's not at all like Mystic Face, since it's Blackbeard's very existence that causes the effect. He just has to be in the area, and people will get chills down their back, even if they don't know he's there.

As for the Support thing, I really, really don't care what the translation is, "Support" works perfectly fine, and it's more specific than "Helpful Anti-Unit NP". It's a category in itself, and it exists, at least here. No questions.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I see. Still not convinced on the DV, but it's not that important.

Dammit, this time the nitpicking ended early. Oh well, maybe I'll think something later.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, there will be more Servants to come for a good while.

Blog Entries
    WISEUP!

----------------------

Servant: Gaius Julius Caesar
    Class: Saber
    Master: James

Background: Born in 100 BC to a traditionally aristocratic family, Julius Caesar spent her early years studying politics and serving in the military, before being elected to the senate. She was a renowned orator on the level of Cicero, a man who is considered one of the greatest speakers in all history. At one point, a young Caesar was captured by pirates, but that did little to stop her, as she spent the time she was captured mocking the pirates and living fairly well due to her sheer inability to be intimidated. Later on in her life, Caesar mobilized several legions, and began her campaigns in Gaul, writing a book about the ordeal. It was some time after that when she crossed the Rubicon river in northern Italy and started a Civil War in Rome. In the ensuing chaos she fought nearly everywhere, from Asia Minor to Egypt. Eventually she won out, and became dictator of Rome. However, a conspiracy was built to assassinate her, and unfortunately it succeeded. As a person, Caesar is very proud, looking upon her past mistakes as examples of how she should do better. She isn't quick to become friendly, and can seem quite harsh even in regular conversation. Being such an important figure, she expects everyone to know who she is implicitly, and is quite frustrated when such is not the case. She has no idea that history has recorded her as a man, though she does note that her cognomen is boyish.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – B (it should be noted that Caesar is weaker against small, mental charms, but has slightly more resistance against larger spells)

Riding – C

Personal Skills:

Charisma – B+ Saber has immense ability to lead an army and motivate troops, though her Charisma skill is also used for great feats of oratory.

Divinity – C Saber's actual divinity would be about E rank, but she was deified following her death as a result of a great number of divine omens signifying the apotheosis of a great person.

Instinct – B

Battle Continuation – C Related to her death by bleeding in the Senate despite being attacked by sixty or so senators and taking twenty-three stab wounds. This C rank of the Battle Continuation skill allows Saber to fend off death until the end of a battle if she has taken lethal amounts of damage, but extreme damage will simply kill her; it is mostly a general resistance to damage, especially from stabbing and piercing wounds.

Military Tactics – A As a general, only Hannibal or Alexander could likely pose a challenge to her. This skill also has requisite sub-skills.

* Logistics – A The ability to properly use resources at hand. This allows Saber to maintain her army for a longer period of time without making camp, travel farther with her army summoned, use prana more efficiently, and operate for longer without a prana supply from her Master.

* Adaptability – B This is Saber's ability to understand an enemy's fighting style after fighting them. With this rank, after one average battle she will understand generally how a foe fights, especially if they command an army.

Cult of Personality – C Though Saber is a relatively young Servant, this skill represents the legend that was created by (partially herself, with de Bello Gallico, and) Augustus and other Emperors of Rome after her death, the cult of the divus Iulius, the “divine Julius”. It gives her more power than her history would normally allow, due to her legend being reinforced by apocryphal and possibly fictional tales made to make her look better and more powerful.

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Red CapeCloak of Inevitable BattleC
    Support

With this, Saber dons her famous cape, which historically she would wear just before the start of a battle. To the Gauls and all else who opposed her, it was a truly frightening sight. On its own, the cloak is fairly weak, giving Saber rank C of the Dread Visage skill, but it more importantly amplifies all of her stats (by one rank, unless she dulls its power to conserve prana) except MGI and allows her to command flames. Possession of this Noble Phantasm gives Saber immunity to fire regardless of whether or not she is wearing it (hence her easy victory against the charging Boudicca). The main drawback is that using the power of the cape makes Saber's prana drain at a much higher rate than usual, making it best for quick battles rather than lengthy fights. In addition, Saber can only put on the cape when a battle is about to begin or when a battle has already begun, and while she is wearing it she cannot retreat from a battle until one side has lost and the other has won, or if there is a definitive draw, or if it is the enemy who retreats or generally disengages from the fight. The cape must stay on her body from when it is materialized to when the fight is over.

Alea Iacta Est: 3rd Gallica, 6th Ferrata, 10th Equestris, 13th GeminaLegions of the Bull Rank - A
    Anti-Army

Saber can call upon any or all of her most famous and powerful legions, being Gallica, Ferrata, Hispana and Gemina, used in the Civil Wars and her campaigns in Gaul. They are highly flexible and strong troops, though they are also immediately recognizable. Unlike the armies of most of the other generals in the Manhattan War, her legions have access to siege weapons and building materials, allowing them to cross any terrain and be ready for any situation. When wearing her Red Cape, Saber increases the morale of her legions greatly and pushes them to fight as hard as possible. The Roman Republican army is historically one of the most organized and effective fighting forces to ever exist, if not the pinnacle of such. Especially against generals from the Classical era, Saber has a strong advantage due to the nature of the legions as a supreme fighting force adaptable to any situation or foe. This army is capable of raising a large camp if needed, given some time to set up the tents and fortifications.

Crocea MorsThe Forgotten Holy Sword of Vulcan, Emblem of the Future KingA+
    Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress (the latter only when wearing cape)

It is unknown exactly how Caesar came to own this weapon, but since its creation for Aeneas by the god of smiths, it has been best known afterwards as the sword of Julius Caesar, a weapon that would bring death to all those it touched. In her attacks on Britain Saber brought the sword with her, losing it in the shield of a Briton named Nennius. The sword would stay on the British Isles for the rest of its history, most famously being stabbed into a stone for only the true king, descended from the Roman Emperors, to pull out. So it was that Crocea Mors, the Yellow Death, became Caliburn, and also Excalibur, when the legends had not yet been separated. “Ex Calce Liberatus” stated an engraving in the stone in Latin, “Liberated from the stone”, and so one legend says the name had come to be. The basic power of the sword is to cause wounds that cannot be closed, leading to an inevitable death for weaker foes who are struck by it. Saber herself, as the owner of the weapon, is able to fire off a blast of energy, which is amplified if she is wearing her Red Cape, which decimates large groups of enemies and is overall a highly destructive burst of power. If it is used whilst wearing the Red Cape, its prana usage is great enough to cause Saber to become dangerously low; using her Red Cape as well as Crocea Mors is effectively a method of thoroughly ending a fight. While Crocea Mors can be customized in its blast, able to concentrate its power down to twice the size of the gladius itself, slightly decreasing its power and making it Anti-Unit. If Caesar is currently commanding her army, this Anti-Unit form is the only one she can use. In order to use the full power of Crocea Mors in that situation, she would have to disband her legions and summon them again later.

Simply put, Crocea Mors is a highly powerful sword from a time long before Caesar was born.

Stats:

Strength - A
    Agility - A
    Magic - B
    Luck - D
    Endurance – B

--------------------

Gonna put a spoiler warning at the front of this thread. Expect more of these soon enough.
    Last edited by Five_X; December 25th, 2011 at 05:31 PM.